Official 2024 Ticket Lottery Results Thread

Comments

• KevinmanKevinman Posts: 1,909
    bbiggs said:
    People act like this is cracking the Enigma code.  Any one of a couple very simple and reasonable fixes to the system would help improve it.  

1.  Allow show prioritization again - the easiest and least impactful to PJ's bottom line.
    2.  Allow GA only selection again - the least likely (see PJ bottom line).

For those that think this process is good, knowing that some 10C members go 10/10 and others go 0/10:

A.  They probably won a whole bunch of shows and/or GA selections.
    B.  They are blindly devoted to anything 10C or PJ.
    C.  They are lying to themselves.

Yes I know how lotteries work and yes I've successfully taken college level probability and statistics courses.  The fact is that the system is majorly flawed and can be vastly improved by one simple fix (see #1 above).
    I got what I wanted (3 for 3, no GA tho), and I can see there were issues and not just the predictable imbalances that would come with no priority. Something funky definitely happened with the 2 night stands in the US. Probably has to do with the alog's used. Unfortunately, as long as TM is allowed to run it, there will be issues. I guess with the F2F, if you're committed to going to a show, you will get in with a couple of exceptions.
    If I have to use F2F why am I keeping a membership for 25+ years?  I’m asking myself….
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    06.18.03  Chicago | 06.21.03  Alpine Valley
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    05.16.06  Chicago | 05.17.06  Chicago | 06.29.06  Milwaukee
    08.02.07  Chicago | 08.05.07  Chicago
    08.23.09  Chicago | 08.24.09  Chicago
    05.07.10  Noblesville | 05.09.10  Cleveland
    09.03.11  Alpine Valley | 09.04.11  Alpine Valley
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,758
    edited February 20
    Struck out and went 0/3. Tried for Baltimore and both philly shows. Thought I'd at least get one but nothing :disappointed:
    Will try for ticketmaster presale and if need be fan to fan.

8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • mcgruff10 said:
    Please ticket gods send me an email that I got two for philly 1!!!!

If you have a direct line, pass a good word about two for N2 at Wrigley for me! Thanks!

2014 - Milwaukee
    2016 - Fenway N1
    2018 - Wrigley N1
    2022 - Oakland N1
    2023 - St Paul N1
    2024 - Wrigley N2
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,391
    mcgruff10 said:

If you have a direct line, pass a good word about two for N2 at Wrigley for me! Thanks!
    You got it!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • BloodMeridian80BloodMeridian80 Seattle Posts: 651
    Kevinman said:
    bbiggs said:
    People act like this is cracking the Enigma code.  Any one of a couple very simple and reasonable fixes to the system would help improve it.  

1.  Allow show prioritization again - the easiest and least impactful to PJ's bottom line.

For those that think this process is good, knowing that some 10C members go 10/10 and others go 0/10:

Yes I know how lotteries work and yes I've successfully taken college level probability and statistics courses.  The fact is that the system is majorly flawed and can be vastly improved by one simple fix (see #1 above).
    I got what I wanted (3 for 3, no GA tho), and I can see there were issues and not just the predictable imbalances that would come with no priority. Something funky definitely happened with the 2 night stands in the US. Probably has to do with the alog's used. Unfortunately, as long as TM is allowed to run it, there will be issues. I guess with the F2F, if you're committed to going to a show, you will get in with a couple of exceptions.
    If I have to use F2F why am I keeping a membership for 25+ years?  I’m asking myself….
    I think this is a good question. Based on the results this time and presuming the same system is run next time, I will keep it so that I have the chance of getting 4 GA's in 5 shows or better, lol! 
  • PearlJamPerkPearlJamPerk Maine Posts: 11
    otter said:
    Are people been getting emails continuously today?  Or was there one dump?
    I’m wondering the same thing…staying hopefully they’ll be another ‘dump’ this evening?  Do you guys think all the tix have been disbursed at this point for U.S. shows?
    “It makes much more sense to live in the present tense”
    JP80159 said:
    otter said:
    I’m wondering the same thing…staying hopefully they’ll be another ‘dump’ this evening?  Do you guys think all the tix have been disbursed at this point for U.S. shows?
    I think for the most part it is done. They are re-running declined cards today. If there are some double-declines, perhaps some new people get tickets. But for the most part, it's done.
  • dwjmu84dwjmu84 Posts: 387
    Should I assume balt is done? Haven’t gotten a rejection email yet. I won p1 for wrigley N2. Nothing on balt tho as of now. 

Would be the first time I’ve missed on 20+ shows since 98.

what do folks think is the best option to try and snag GA for a show you missed? F2F? TM presale? StubHub?
  • KevinmanKevinman Posts: 1,909
    JP80159 said:
    otter said:
    My honest thought on your question, Who the fuck knows?
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    06.18.03  Chicago | 06.21.03  Alpine Valley
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    05.16.06  Chicago | 05.17.06  Chicago | 06.29.06  Milwaukee
    08.02.07  Chicago | 08.05.07  Chicago
    08.23.09  Chicago | 08.24.09  Chicago
    05.07.10  Noblesville | 05.09.10  Cleveland
    09.03.11  Alpine Valley | 09.04.11  Alpine Valley
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Posts: 5,902
    How are people finding out about credit card problems?  My friend still hasn't heard on either Wrigley show and I'm worried it's a CC issue.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • otterotter Posts: 760
    Struck out and went 0/3. Tried for Baltimore and both philly shows. Thought I'd at least get one but nothing :disappointed:
    Will try for ticketmaster presale and if need be fan to fan.

did you get a tough shitski email?
    I found my place......and it's alright
  • kmcmanuskmcmanus Posts: 722
    mpedone said:
    bbiggs said:

I'm not sure anyone thinks this version of the lottery is "good", just some rubbing up against the idea that it was rigged, or somehow designed to screw them over.
    This. No ones saying it isn’t stupid, it’s just more inept than malicious 
  • PearlJamPerkPearlJamPerk Maine Posts: 11
    mcgruff10 said:
    Same!!! Patiently waiting…..
    “It makes much more sense to live in the present tense”
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory Posts: 6,291
    mcgruff10 said:
    Good luck, rooting for you bud!
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • jimjam1982jimjam1982 Posts: 1,398
    mpedone said:
    GA/P1 - feels like its own GA only option.  The GA pit is a different color.
    P1 is the blue
    P2 was the orange

It wasn't particularly clear but I feel like the P stands for price. Since seated/GA are the same price they get tagged with the P1

Except that the option said "GA or P1 Reserved - Standing or Seating", so it wasn't just price.
    Fair. I don't remember the options - I just checked em all.

It doesn't make sense if it says GA or P1 Reserved. I tried to make sense of something that is nonsensical
  • markin ballmarkin ball Posts: 1,075
    Got GA/Pit standing for Fenway.  I see on the seat map there are sections labeled turf pit and and then turf a7, turf b2, etc. So do I got "turf pit" or is that yet to be determined?  Thanks for any help!
    "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win ."

"With our thoughts we make the world"
  • mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,945
    mpedone said:
    GA/P1 - feels like its own GA only option.  The GA pit is a different color.
    P1 is the blue
    P2 was the orange

It wasn't particularly clear but I feel like the P stands for price. Since seated/GA are the same price they get tagged with the P1

Except that the option said "GA or P1 Reserved - Standing or Seating", so it wasn't just price.
    Fair. I don't remember the options - I just checked em all.

It doesn't make sense if it says GA or P1 Reserved. I tried to make sense of something that is nonsensical

Fair. It was a good thought, and I wish that was what it was instead of this weird "other reserved option that is the same sections" thing.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22 | Baltimore 09.12.24 | Fenway 1 09.15.24 | Fenway 2 09.17.24

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • dwjmu84 said:
    Should I assume balt is done? Haven’t gotten a rejection email yet. I won p1 for wrigley N2. Nothing on balt tho as of now. 

Would be the first time I’ve missed on 20+ shows since 98.

what do folks think is the best option to try and snag GA for a show you missed? F2F? TM presale? StubHub?
    Refreshing on the day of show (example OKC 2022) I was able to snag GA from Ticketmaster for face about an hour before the show, saw this happen with LA #1 in 2022 as well.....
    03/20/94 - Ann Arbor
    09/22/96 - Toledo
    10/16/14 - Detroit
    09/26/21 - Dana Point
    10/01/21 - Dana Point
    10/02/21 - Dana Point
    05/06/22 - Los Angeles
    05/07/22 - Los Angeles 
    07/03/22 - Stockholm
    07/05/22 - Copenhagen
    09/08/22 - Toronto 
    09/16/22 - Nashville
    09/18/22 - St. Louis
    09/20/22 - OKC
    09/05/23 - Chicago 
    09/07/23 - Chicago 
    05/16/24 - Vegas
    05/18/24 - Vegas
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,148
    Got GA/Pit standing for Fenway.  I see on the seat map there are sections labeled turf pit and and then turf a7, turf b2, etc. So do I got "turf pit" or is that yet to be determined?  Thanks for any help!
    Turf pit. Those other sections are seated.
  • mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,945

GA is the Pit. Turf sections are reserved seats.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22 | Baltimore 09.12.24 | Fenway 1 09.15.24 | Fenway 2 09.17.24

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
    kmcmanus said:
    mpedone said:
    bbiggs said:

I'm not sure anyone thinks this version of the lottery is "good", just some rubbing up against the idea that it was rigged, or somehow designed to screw them over.
    This. No ones saying it isn’t stupid, it’s just more inept than malicious 
    I definitely think it is ineptitude on TM's part. It really wouldn't take a lot for the lottery to not be inept, but every one TM runs is.
  • Come on Philly, either night!
    How are people finding out about credit card problems?  My friend still hasn't heard on either Wrigley show and I'm worried it's a CC issue.
    I was alerted by my bank. But someone else said they contacted their bank to see if a hold/decline occurred. One had and the bank failed to alert them. 
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,335
    EBowie said:
    I remember when having a good 10C number actually mattered.  That was cool.  Now we live in this "everyone gets a trophy" era and my years of faithfully maintaining my membership seems to not matter.  What's the point of having membership numbers if we're all just the same ping-pong ball in a lottery machine?
    Sigh. Your seniority will give you better seats within your section if you get tickets. Seniority has never guaranteed tickets. Yes, seniority would have put you closer to the stage before the band brought back the GA section, but the GA section is not new for 2024 so that is not a change.

Pearl Jam might just believe in the radical notion that someone who wasn't born when you joined the Ten Club should also have the opportunity to watch a show from in front of the stage.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • otterotter Posts: 760
    Come on Philly, either night!
    Yeah me too
    I found my place......and it's alright
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,335
    know1 said:
    SHZA said:
    know1 said:

the fact that selecting GA/P1 and P1 separately would increase your odds makes no sense at all
    Well...except for the fact that the Ten Club said it did in the Pre-Sale info.
    I believe that was more meaning select P1 and P2 , but who knows for sure 
    Right, "selecting multiple seat preferences will increase your chances" -- i.e., selecting GA-P1 increases your chances compared to just P1, and adding P2 increases your chances further, but checking P1 in addition to GA-P1 shouldn't increase your chances because P1 is the same seat preference you already selected. Unless there was a second pool of P1s that weren't included in the GA-P1 pool. If that's not the case, then P1 only should have been disabled (or automatically checked) once you selected GA-P1. 
    It's difficult to understand how someone could be going against what the fan club told us was the case. If they said right there in black and white that choosing more options increased your chances, why would you second guess it and not follow their instructions?
    Some people are just too good to sit up in the nosebleeds.
    Even though many of the nosebleeds are actually front rows of upper sections sidestage that are closer to the stage than seats on the back of the floor all the way opposite the stage.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,516
    edited February 20
    Kevinman said:
    bbiggs said:

That is a valid question.  The last two things I used my 10c membership on were the EV Seattle shows in 2022/23.  For both of them I was able to upgrade the tickets and didn't use the 10c tickets.    I have a strong feeling it might be the same way for Vancouver, albeit the only way to upgrade tickets is when another member releases them, so if no one signed up to the club, it would be harder to upgrade.

Still, I'm curious to see where my seats will end up on a 26 year old fan club membership. If I'm in one of the sections closer to the stage, it's not so bad.  If I'm on the floor behind the pit, then I'll upgrade to almost anything else :)
    Post edited by Zod on
  • DM302403DM302403 Posts: 10

After looking at that seating map and you have GA/PIT tickets you will be in the Turf Pit. The ones labeled as Turf A7 and so on are reserved seats.
  • PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,899
    MD190661 said:
    PJammin' said:
    SHZA said:

It seems (and seemed) pretty damn clear to me.
    Agreed. you're getting 3 chances at the show. If you lose GA/P1 you get thrown into plain P1, lose that you get another chance at P2.

That's how we won Baltimore, a show we really wanted. 
    Why would P1 be separate draw for p1 seats than GA/p1?
    Because it's a completely different option. There is no GA only option anymore, so if you want P1, you check every possible way you can get it.
    But it could just mean that if you select GA-P1 instead of P1 by itself, then you have the added possibility of getting GA in addition to P1, rather than reducing your chances of getting P1 if you don't check both boxes. 
    I guess I should’ve checked both boxes. I just checked GA/P1 thinking if I didn’t get GA I’d get P1. I didn’t check both bcuz I thought that the P1 box was just for a person who definitely wanted a seat and not GA at all. 
    You would have gotten P1 reserved if there were those seats left when your entry came up, or however it works. Checking both P1 boxes wouldn't have increased your odds. At least that's how I understood it.
    Yes, that’s how I interpreted it too. I was fine with GA or P1. I just didn’t want nosebleeds for those prices. I’ll pass on that every time. 
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • B4idiejetsB4idiejets Posts: 346
    Been reading the comments of this thread and I've come to a conclusion. And this is coming from a long time member and someone who lost out on shows in my hometown this go around. I really hope some prominent 10c organizers or even some band members read some of the comments on this thread. Not to come together and find a solution on how to impossibly make everyone happy about this ticket lottery. Nooo, but to realize they are missing the mark on a future merch idea............. you win some, you lose some people. Some of you are acting like entitled whiny little babies. Get over it already