Official 2024 Ticket Lottery Results Thread

Comments

• Lowlight11Lowlight11 Posts: 271
    on2legs said:
    know1 said:
    on2legs said:
    It's possible for each show there were 3 individual pulls for tickets.  First was for the GA section, then the P1 seats, and then for P2 seats.  If you checked all three you would have 3 chances to get seats.
    Some shows didn't have P2.

Then you would just select whatever is available.  I'm not saying this is what happened.  Just trying to understand the instructions and why they said it would increase your chances. 
    I checked every level and got every show I put in for and I only put in for MSG night 2.
  • know1know1 Posts: 6,794
    SHZA said:
    know1 said:

the fact that selecting GA/P1 and P1 separately would increase your odds makes no sense at all
    Well...except for the fact that the Ten Club said it did in the Pre-Sale info.
    I believe that was more meaning select P1 and P2 , but who knows for sure 
    Right, "selecting multiple seat preferences will increase your chances" -- i.e., selecting GA-P1 increases your chances compared to just P1, and adding P2 increases your chances further, but checking P1 in addition to GA-P1 shouldn't increase your chances because P1 is the same seat preference you already selected. Unless there was a second pool of P1s that weren't included in the GA-P1 pool. If that's not the case, then P1 only should have been disabled (or automatically checked) once you selected GA-P1. 
    It's difficult to understand how someone could be going against what the fan club told us was the case. If they said right there in black and white that choosing more options increased your chances, why would you second guess it and not follow their instructions?
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,332
    know1 said:
    SHZA said:
    know1 said:

the fact that selecting GA/P1 and P1 separately would increase your odds makes no sense at all
    Right, "selecting multiple seat preferences will increase your chances" -- i.e., selecting GA-P1 increases your chances compared to just P1, and adding P2 increases your chances further, but checking P1 in addition to GA-P1 shouldn't increase your chances because P1 is the same seat preference you already selected. Unless there was a second pool of P1s that weren't included in the GA-P1 pool. If that's not the case, then P1 only should have been disabled (or automatically checked) once you selected GA-P1. 
    It's difficult to understand how someone could be going against what the fan club told us was the case. If they said right there in black and white that choosing more options increased your chances, why would you second guess it and not follow their instructions?
    Same thing happened last lottery. And will happen next lottery.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,311
    know1 said:
    SHZA said:
    know1 said:

Some people are just too good to sit up in the nosebleeds.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    know1 said:
    SHZA said:
    know1 said:

Same thing happened last lottery. And will happen next lottery.
    No doubt.

know1 said:
    SHZA said:
    know1 said:

Some people are just too good to sit up in the nosebleeds.
    Oh I get that. But I'm saying why would they claim that the Ten Club didn't mean exactly what it said? 

• MD190661MD190661 Posts: 394
    AFJAMMER said:
    AFJAMMER said:
    know1 said:
    BF25394 said:
    And an example of what I just asked, so forget that. I guess it would help to see a lot more split like this -> there should be significantly more GA N1 and P1 N2 (or vice versa) examples that GA N1 and GA N2. I've noticed a lot more of the latter.
    I've highlighted a key phrase.

The night before the Super Bowl, I went out and did karaoke with some friends. One of my friends performed "Ca plane pour moi." A few days later, I was watching a hockey game when I saw a Heineken commercial with that song in it that I'd never noticed before. I mentioned it to the friend. Shortly thereafter, he replied that he saw it on a different channel. The next night, we were at a bar and the commercial came on TV while we were there. I've seen it a few more times since then.

Did this commercial not exist until last week, or did we just not notice it until the song was top-of-mind after the karaoke performance? I looked it up, and it turns out the ad has been airing since January 9. We did karaoke on February 10. I noticed the commercial for the first time on February 13. So it's the second option (something sometimes called Baader-Meinhof Phenomenon).

With respect to the ticket lottery, it's something different. People are noticing things that fit the pattern they think they see and not noticing the things that don't. It is normal for humans to do this.
    Also - people could be lying about their results.

There are huge variables at play here and it's quite interesting to see how people can think they are so sure of something when they basically know almost nothing.

Based on some of the questions being asked...I would bet a lot of people entered TM Verified Fan and thought that was their 10c registration. So they are like oh i lost...when truthfully they never entered.  Then there are also legit folks who know the drill and drew the short straw repeatedly.
    I agree for the ones went 0/???

if you got at least one, you know you did it correctly.
    I went 0/ and I have my request confirmation 
    There were 2 confirmations sent. One was for the 10c tix and another for verified fan. It is possible to mix those two up and think they got shut out, but didn’t even enter the 10c.
    I think my friend did this. He said he should hear Thursday about tickets. I said I think you'll hear Thursday for the verified sale, not the 10 Club sale. Sucks because he's a 10 Club member. They kind of made it seem you needed to be a 10 Club member for the verified sale. It was a tad confusing if you were multitasking. 
    10/1/94, 6/22/95, 6/24/95, 9/16/96, 7/22/98, 10/21/01, 6/1/03, 10/25/03, 10/26/03, 9/1/05, 7/15/06, 7/18/06, 8/28/09, 10/07/09, 10/3/12, 11/26/13, 6/18/18, 8/10/18, 5/12/22, 5/13/22, 5/13/24, 5/25/24

• broe01broe01 Posts: 36
    MD190661 said:
    AFJAMMER said:
    AFJAMMER said:
    know1 said:
    BF25394 said:
    And an example of what I just asked, so forget that. I guess it would help to see a lot more split like this -> there should be significantly more GA N1 and P1 N2 (or vice versa) examples that GA N1 and GA N2. I've noticed a lot more of the latter.
    I've highlighted a key phrase.

The night before the Super Bowl, I went out and did karaoke with some friends. One of my friends performed "Ca plane pour moi." A few days later, I was watching a hockey game when I saw a Heineken commercial with that song in it that I'd never noticed before. I mentioned it to the friend. Shortly thereafter, he replied that he saw it on a different channel. The next night, we were at a bar and the commercial came on TV while we were there. I've seen it a few more times since then.

Did this commercial not exist until last week, or did we just not notice it until the song was top-of-mind after the karaoke performance? I looked it up, and it turns out the ad has been airing since January 9. We did karaoke on February 10. I noticed the commercial for the first time on February 13. So it's the second option (something sometimes called Baader-Meinhof Phenomenon).

With respect to the ticket lottery, it's something different. People are noticing things that fit the pattern they think they see and not noticing the things that don't. It is normal for humans to do this.
    Also - people could be lying about their results.

There are huge variables at play here and it's quite interesting to see how people can think they are so sure of something when they basically know almost nothing.

Based on some of the questions being asked...I would bet a lot of people entered TM Verified Fan and thought that was their 10c registration. So they are like oh i lost...when truthfully they never entered.  Then there are also legit folks who know the drill and drew the short straw repeatedly.
    I agree for the ones went 0/???

if you got at least one, you know you did it correctly.
    I went 0/ and I have my request confirmation 
    There were 2 confirmations sent. One was for the 10c tix and another for verified fan. It is possible to mix those two up and think they got shut out, but didn’t even enter the 10c.
    I think my friend did this. He said he should hear Thursday about tickets. I said I think you'll hear Thursday for the verified sale, not the 10 Club sale. Sucks because he's a 10 Club member. They kind of made it seem you needed to be a 10 Club member for the verified sale. It was a tad confusing if you were multitasking. 
    I think this is what I did 2 years ago tbh
  • EBowie said:
    I remember when having a good 10C number actually mattered.  That was cool.  Now we live in this "everyone gets a trophy" era and my years of faithfully maintaining my membership seems to not matter.  What's the point of having membership numbers if we're all just the same ping-pong ball in a lottery machine?
    Your good 10C number has not come into play whatsoever at this point. For the lottery, all memberships are created equally.  Now you can argue that's not fair (some have) and that longer memberships could be weighted differently. But I have no idea how they would begin to do that. 
  • SHZASHZA Posts: 3,891
    edited February 20
    know1 said:
    SHZA said:
    know1 said:

But they didn't say "checking more boxes" increases your chances. They said "selecting multiple seat preferences." The question is really whether P1 standalone is the same "seat preference" as P1 when it's grouped with GA. I think it's ambiguous. Why would checking P1 by itself be a new "seat preference" if you've already selected P1 by checking the GA-P1 box? Was there a second pool of P1 tickets that wasn't included in the GA-P1 pool? Or did you essentially get two entries in the P1 lottery by checking the P1 standalone box in addition to the GA-P1 box? Totally unclear 
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,692
    My ticket request changed from received to you don’t have a request in the last 30 minutes. I expect the dreaded email soon. 
    Now it is back to saying request received 🤷‍♂️.
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,520
    SHZA said:
    RE4790 said:
    Correct, the system is very flawed or corrupt.  Simple statistics show multiple people shouldn't be winning 8 shows and others getting nothing.  Time to stop wasting money on the ten club if this is how things are being handled.

If every requester has exactly the same chance as every other requester at every show requested this absolutely could happen as winning a show has zero effect on winning any other show.  It's even possible the same 10 clubber could have been drawn as the first for every single show.

This!
    Everyone knows it's possible. But if the odds of it happening are 1 in 10 million, yet the actual results are 1 in 100, something is wrong.

People are getting confused with lottery odds. If I have a ten percent chance to win a high demand show and win, I still have a ten percent chance of winning the next show.

but to win both, my odds are 1% (10%*10%)

We are seeing fans go four for four (ny and Balt one chance each, Philly two chances)

the odds of hitting all four assuming 10% odds are 10%*10%*10%*10% or 0.01%.

to see that happen multiple times is astounding. It’s possible but very very strange.

But we don't know what the odds for each show are. That makes a difference. Odds for pulling an MSG ticket were very low, due to both demand and fewer available seats. But what were the odds for, say, Portland? If there was a 90% chance of getting a ticket to one show, 75% chance at another, 25% chance at getting Philly 2, 10% chance of getting an MSG show, your total odds are different.

And yes, if the odds of getting a ticket were 95%, someone still was getting shut out. I got Philly 1 and 2 but not Seattle 2, that's just how it turned out.

I agree. If someone were to win the draw for multiple shows anywhere outside of the NE, it seems reasonable. But the NE, especially Philly MSG and Balt are notoriously difficult. Based on the past when they released the odds, common odds were usually 20% or less. (Not including Fenway as it’s a big venue and there were ALOT of ten c sections listed).

someone around 1.15 posted that between their account and 2 family members,  they hit 8 of 11 shows NY PHIL BALT. That seems very lows odds. Even if 30% chance, to hit even five shows would be a very low percent. (Like 30%*30%*30%*30%*30%)
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Posts: 11,311

It seems (and seemed) pretty damn clear to me.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • My ticket request changed from received to you don’t have a request in the last 30 minutes. I expect the dreaded email soon. 
    How do you check the status? I have the reciept number for the original request but don;t know how to check it
    Its already been sung but it can't be said enough: All you need is love.....

• It seems (and seemed) pretty damn clear to me.
    Agreed. you're getting 3 chances at the show. If you lose GA/P1 you get thrown into plain P1, lose that you get another chance at P2.

That's how we won Baltimore, a show we really wanted. 
    2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy 2024 Indy, MSG 1&2, Philly 1&2, Baltimore

• TheAnc31 said:
    My ticket request changed from received to you don’t have a request in the last 30 minutes. I expect the dreaded email soon. 
    How do you check the status? I have the reciept number for the original request but don;t know how to check it
    Go to your email confirmation and find the Updating Your Request" section and click "Go to Ten Club Ticket Request". This link was to be used to change your request during the request window, but now it will only show "request received" if you sent it. 
    São Paulo I & II - dec 2 & 3 2005 | São Paulo I & II - nov 3 & 4 2011 | Rio de Janeiro - nov 6 2011 | Ottawa - may 8 2016 | Wrigley I & II - aug 20 & 22 2016 | Temple of the Dog - Philly nov 4 2016 | Seattle I & II - aug 8 & 10 2018 | London I & II - july 8 & 9 2022  | Hamilton - sept 6 2022  | Toronto - sept. 8 2022

"and sometimes is seen a strange spot in the sky
    a human being that was given to fly
    "

Agreed. you're getting 3 chances at the show. If you lose GA/P1 you get thrown into plain P1, lose that you get another chance at P2.

Why would P1 be separate draw for p1 seats than GA/p1?
  • Lowlight11Lowlight11 Posts: 271
    TheAnc31 said:
    Go to the request email and click the link under Updating Request.

It's not helpful I don't think though, all mine say request received but I already got notifications yesterday.
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,148
    One simple way that selecting both GA/P1 and P1 would increase your chances is if it counts as two distinct entries. So if you didn't get pulled for GA you have 2 ping pong balls (GA/P1 and P1) vs 1 ping pong ball (GA/P1 only).
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,520
    edited February 20
    BF25394 said:

Didn’t you (maybe another member?) earlier say it wasn’t common to have multiple winners for high demand shows?

considering such low odds and how high demand these cities are, it seems very weird considering how many in northeast are completely shut out. I’ve seen ALOT of members here with this type of luck. Great for them , but very weird.
    I have said that you would expect all possible outcomes. Some people will win everything, some will win nothing, some will win something. The lower the demand for the shows you request, the better your chances of winning everything. And, yes, there will be some people who get everything even among the high-demand shows.

If you go back through the 70 pages of this thread relevant to North America, you will see all varieties of outcomes. People are glossing over the mixed outcomes and paying special attention to the all-or-nothing outcomes.

For example, people have referred to lots of people going 10-for-10, but exactly two people in this thread (as of page 89) have reported going 10-for-10.

I agree, except for the NY, Phil and Balt shows (Fenway seems like better odds due to size of venue). NY Phil and Balt are notoriously difficult to win over the years, and to see some fans win four times, even with two accounts, even if we assume a 20% chance per show, the odds to win all those specific cities are well under 1%.

Camden had a crowd of 26,000 in 022, tickets were very difficult and there were almost no face value tickets ever appearing for sale for casual buyers; only PJ premium for $700 and up; LA had two shows and tickets were very easy to get in 2022, to the point PJ premium came down to $220 the week of the show, and were converted to standard tickets. LA is a much bigger city than Camden, but Camden was a much much tougher ticket.

there is no comparison to ticket demand Philly and NY to any other area they tour, from what I have seen here the last ten years.

Post edited by Lerxst1992 on
  • TheAnc31 said:
    Go to your email confirmation and find the Updating Your Request" section and click "Go to Ten Club Ticket Request". This link was to be used to change your request during the request window, but now it will only show "request received" if you sent it. 
    Thanks!!!!

Its already been sung but it can't be said enough: All you need is love.....

Because it's a completely different option. There is no GA only option anymore, so if you want P1, you check every possible way you can get it.
    2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy 2024 Indy, MSG 1&2, Philly 1&2, Baltimore

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,417
    BF25394 said:

Didn’t you (maybe another member?) earlier say it wasn’t common to have multiple winners for high demand shows?

considering such low odds and how high demand these cities are, it seems very weird considering how many in northeast are completely shut out. I’ve seen ALOT of members here with this type of luck. Great for them , but very weird.
    I have said that you would expect all possible outcomes. Some people will win everything, some will win nothing, some will win something. The lower the demand for the shows you request, the better your chances of winning everything. And, yes, there will be some people who get everything even among the high-demand shows.

If you go back through the 70 pages of this thread relevant to North America, you will see all varieties of outcomes. People are glossing over the mixed outcomes and paying special attention to the all-or-nothing outcomes.

For example, people have referred to lots of people going 10-for-10, but exactly two people in this thread (as of page 89) have reported going 10-for-10.

I agree, except for the NY, Phil and Balt shows (Fenway seems like better odds due to size of venue). NY Phil and Balt are notoriously difficult to win over the years, and to see some fans win four times, even with two accounts, even if we assume a 20% chance per show, the odds to win all those specific cities are well under 1%.

Camden had a crowd of 26,000 in 022, tickets were very difficult and there were almost no face value tickets ever appearing for sale for casual buyers; only PJ premium for $700 and up; LA had two shows and tickets were very easy to get in 2022, to the point PJ premium came down to $220 the week of the show, and were converted to standard tickets. 

there is no comparison to ticket demand Philly and NY to any other area they tour, from what I have seen here the last ten years.

I've pointed this out before but will say it again. This is the first time for Philly shows at Well Fargo Center that they didn't limit lottery to 1 show like NYC. Not sure why they did that this time but with the 1st show being a Saturday it made that show probably the hardest ticket to get.  someone dropped the ball on letting people get both Philly shows this time imho.
  • NewfieintheUSANewfieintheUSA Posts: 2,416
    edited February 20

Because it's a completely different option. There is no GA only option anymore, so if you want P1, you check every possible way you can get it.
    Then it's terrible coding. There should be the following 3 boolean fields in the DB that are updated with your request 
    GA
    P1
    P2

If they have it setup otherwise it is a terrible design. 
    Post edited by NewfieintheUSA on
  • mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,945
    SHZA said:
    know1 said:
    SHZA said:
    know1 said:

But they didn't say "checking more boxes" increases your chances. They said "selecting multiple seat preferences." The question is really whether P1 standalone is the same "seat preference" as P1 when it's grouped with GA. I think it's ambiguous. Why would checking P1 by itself be a new "seat preference" if you've already selected P1 by checking the GA-P1 box? Was there a second pool of P1 tickets that wasn't included in the GA-P1 pool? Or did you essentially get two entries in the P1 lottery by checking the P1 standalone box in addition to the GA-P1 box? Totally unclear 

I think you overthought that, but I do agree that the terminology is odd, and the way results have gone, it really feels like the "GA/P1" option was just GA. It makes no sense that there would be two pools of P1 tickets, one for "GA/P1" and one for "just P1", but then, why would there be P2 sections for some shows, but not others? There are a lot of bad seats at Fenway; I would think that there are plenty of fans who would have opted to take their chances at a decent seat or nothing over GA or crappy seat.

I dunno. My philosophy is also that it's better to have tickets than not. P2? P3? Whatever, I'll be in the building. I can try to upgrade via F2F, and if the demand's there (it usually is) my tickets will sell. Give me whatever gives me the most cracks at tickets.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22 | Baltimore 09.12.24 | Fenway 1 09.15.24 | Fenway 2 09.17.24

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • SHZASHZA Posts: 3,891
    edited February 20

But it could just mean that if you select GA-P1 instead of P1 by itself, then you have the added possibility of getting GA in addition to P1, rather than reducing your chances of getting P1 if you don't check both boxes. 
  • kmcmanuskmcmanus Posts: 722
    RE4790 said
    But I would add that if a result seems impossible based on a set of assumptions, then perhaps it's time to reassess those assumptions.
    👆🏻👆🏻👆🏻👆🏻👆🏻
  • mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,945

Then it's terrible coding. There should be the following 3 fields in the DB that are updated with your request 
    GA
    P1
    P2

Terrible design? From Ticketmaster? Unpossible!
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22 | Baltimore 09.12.24 | Fenway 1 09.15.24 | Fenway 2 09.17.24

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • mpedone said:

Then it's terrible coding. There should be the following 3 fields in the DB that are updated with your request 
    GA
    P1
    P2

Terrible design? From Ticketmaster? Unpossible!
    Lol
  • jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,938
    pjl44 said:
    One simple way that selecting both GA/P1 and P1 would increase your chances is if it counts as two distinct entries. So if you didn't get pulled for GA you have 2 ping pong balls (GA/P1 and P1) vs 1 ping pong ball (GA/P1 only).
    That's the way I read it as well. Which begs the question, and to echo others' points: Why not have two literally distinct entries with no overlap: one ping pong ball hopper for GA, and another for seated?