Official 2024 Ticket Lottery Results Thread

Comments

• SHZASHZA Posts: 3,891
    know1 said:
    SHZA said:
    RE4790 said:
    Correct, the system is very flawed or corrupt.  Simple statistics show multiple people shouldn't be winning 8 shows and others getting nothing.  Time to stop wasting money on the ten club if this is how things are being handled.

If every requester has exactly the same chance as every other requester at every show requested this absolutely could happen as winning a show has zero effect on winning any other show.  It's even possible the same 10 clubber could have been drawn as the first for every single show.

This!
    Everyone knows it's possible. But if the odds of it happening are 1 in 10 million, yet the actual results are 1 in 100, something is wrong.

People are getting confused with lottery odds. If I have a ten percent chance to win a high demand show and win, I still have a ten percent chance of winning the next show.

but to win both, my odds are 1% (10%*10%)

We are seeing fans go four for four (ny and Balt one chance each, Philly two chances)

the odds of hitting all four assuming 10% odds are 10%*10%*10%*10% or 0.01%.

to see that happen multiple times is astounding. It’s possible but very very strange.
    How do we know the chance was 10% at each show?
    They used to publish the odds. 10% odds of landing GA is probably high for MSG, Philly and Baltimore. 
  • Each GA drawing is independent.  You have the same odds, as anyone else that put in a request, for each show's GA lottery.  The amount of tickets may be different, but you have the same odds to get selected for one/two as anyone else that requested.  Do we need to get the source code of the program and find out if there is not a random generation?  Do we believe that somehow a computer picked the same person's random selection confirmation number purposefully over and over for GA each show?  Come on folks.
    192xxx
    6/26+27/98, 10/8/00 (IB), 6/21/03, 9/3+4/11 (PJ20) - East Troy
    6/29/98, 10/9/00, 6/18/03, 5/16+17/06, 8/23+24/09, 8/20+22/16, 8/18+20/18, 8/29+31/24 - Chicago
    6/6/03 - Las Vegas
    10/5/04, 9/18/22 - St. Louis
    6/29/06, 10/20/14 - Milwaukee
    11/19/13 - Phoenix
    4/26/16 - Lexington

• SHZA said:
    know1 said:
    SHZA said:
    RE4790 said:
    Correct, the system is very flawed or corrupt.  Simple statistics show multiple people shouldn't be winning 8 shows and others getting nothing.  Time to stop wasting money on the ten club if this is how things are being handled.

If every requester has exactly the same chance as every other requester at every show requested this absolutely could happen as winning a show has zero effect on winning any other show.  It's even possible the same 10 clubber could have been drawn as the first for every single show.

This!
    Everyone knows it's possible. But if the odds of it happening are 1 in 10 million, yet the actual results are 1 in 100, something is wrong.

People are getting confused with lottery odds. If I have a ten percent chance to win a high demand show and win, I still have a ten percent chance of winning the next show.

We are seeing fans go four for four (ny and Balt one chance each, Philly two chances)

to see that happen multiple times is astounding. It’s possible but very very strange.
    They used to publish the odds. 10% odds of landing GA is probably high for MSG, Philly and Baltimore. 
    I think it would be high for most US shows
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,520
    know1 said:
    SHZA said:
    RE4790 said:

This!

It’s a guess, 10% for simplicity. In the past when they released odds, NY was around five percent and the other NE cities around 20%.

Let’s say the odds were 20% for all NE shows except Boston. Sounds much better to win all four, right?

not really. Better, but still 

20%*20%*20%*20% = 0.2%
  • mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,945
    RE4790 said:

This!

No, not this. Read how odds work for winning multiple draws, such as picking six numbers in the lottery. It’s absolutely not one in fifty, if there are fifty numbers in the lottery. If picking six numbers in six random draws, we would all be millionaires.

The chance of winning each draw is multiplied. If someone goes four for four in shows and each is ten percent, chances of winning all four is 10%*10%*10%*10%.

(The chance of winning can be demonstrated as follows: The first number drawn has a 1 in 49 chance of matching. When the draw comes to the second number, there are now only 48 balls left in the bag, because the balls are drawn without replacement. So there is now a 1 in 48 chance of predicting this number.

Thus for each of the 49 ways of choosing the first number there are 48 different ways of choosing the second. This means that the probability of correctly predicting 2 numbers drawn from 49 in the correct order is calculated as 1 in 49 × 48. )

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lottery_mathematics

Except that the shows are independent of each other. Winning one drawing doesn't exclude you from winning the next. It's random drawing WITH replacement.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22 | Baltimore 09.12.24 | Fenway 1 09.15.24 | Fenway 2 09.17.24

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • Black73Black73 Posts: 1,018
    JosephK said:
    Has anyone HERE gotten a confirmation today? Vs the friend of a friend who heard from someone else on Facebook? 
    Yes, I got Chicago night 1 notification today
  • know1know1 Posts: 6,794
    know1 said:
    SHZA said:
    RE4790 said:

This!

It’s a guess, 10% for simplicity. In the past when they released odds, NY was around five percent and the other NE cities around 20%.

Let’s say the odds were 20% for all NE shows except Boston. Sounds much better to win all four, right?

20%*20%*20%*20% = 0.2%
    But it's a guess that COULD be way off the mark. So it's not helpful or indicative of anything.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory Posts: 6,290
    steven87 said:
    BF25394 said:
    steven87 said:
    Finally getting around to posting my results:

Vancouver N1 and N2- P1 reserved
    MSG N1- nothing
    MSG N2- P2 reserved
    Philly N1- P1 reserved
    Philly N2- GA
    Baltimore- P1 reserved

Feel very fortunate to have scored my first GA ever in a 10c lottery (in about 50 attempts). Now on to F2F to try to upgrade the rest!
    Here's another person who had a split GA/P1 result in a city.
    Sorry I should’ve been more specific here and inadvertently created some confusion by combining the results from mine and my wife’s accounts. 

My account:
    MSG N1- nothing
    MSG N2- P2 reserved
    Philly N1 and N2- P1 reserved
    Baltimore- P1 reserved

Wife’s account
    MSG N1- nothing
    MSG N2- nothing
    Philly N2- GA

My wife only put in for Philly N2, not N1. I guess in retrospect she should’ve also put in for N1 cause it sounds like she probably would’ve won GA for that as well. Based on what I’ve seen on here and FB, it seems like a lot of people got the same result for both nights of a two-night stand- i.e., P1 or GA. If I had to venture a guess, it sounds like what may have happened here is that the lottery may have been run for each city, as opposed to each individual show. But ultimately who knows. 
    Thanks for the clarification @steven87, surely @bf25394 will want to no remove your scenario and that of the person who split GA/Reserved in Vancouver. As it has been mentioned numerous times that Vancouver has been reporting true random drawing results.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    Each GA drawing is independent.  You have the same odds, as anyone else that put in a request, for each show's GA lottery.  The amount of tickets may be different, but you have the same odds to get selected for one/two as anyone else that requested.  Do we need to get the source code of the program and find out if there is not a random generation?  Do we believe that somehow a computer picked the same person's random selection confirmation number purposefully over and over for GA each show?  Come on folks.
    Nope. Just for the other show in the same city. Again, it isn't GA specific either, which makes the issue even more glaring. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    know1 said:
    know1 said:
    SHZA said:
    RE4790 said:

This!

20%*20%*20%*20% = 0.2%
    But it's a guess that COULD be way off the mark. So it's not helpful or indicative of anything.
    🤦🏻
    steven87 said:
    BF25394 said:
    steven87 said:
    Finally getting around to posting my results:

MSG N1- nothing
    MSG N2- P2 reserved
    Philly N1- P1 reserved
    Philly N2- GA
    Baltimore- P1 reserved

Feel very fortunate to have scored my first GA ever in a 10c lottery (in about 50 attempts). Now on to F2F to try to upgrade the rest!
    Here's another person who had a split GA/P1 result in a city.
    Sorry I should’ve been more specific here and inadvertently created some confusion by combining the results from mine and my wife’s accounts. 

My account:
    MSG N1- nothing
    MSG N2- P2 reserved
    Philly N1 and N2- P1 reserved
    Baltimore- P1 reserved

Wife’s account
    MSG N1- nothing
    MSG N2- nothing
    Philly N2- GA

My wife only put in for Philly N2, not N1. I guess in retrospect she should’ve also put in for N1 cause it sounds like she probably would’ve won GA for that as well. Based on what I’ve seen on here and FB, it seems like a lot of people got the same result for both nights of a two-night stand- i.e., P1 or GA. If I had to venture a guess, it sounds like what may have happened here is that the lottery may have been run for each city, as opposed to each individual show. But ultimately who knows. 
    Thanks for the clarification @steven87, surely @bf25394 will want to no remove your scenario and that of the person who split GA/Reserved in Vancouver. As it has been mentioned numerous times that Vancouver has been reporting true random drawing results.
    And Van was done by a separate Canada entry 
  • Black73Black73 Posts: 1,018
    Has anybody actually gotten an email today? I figured if nothing yesterday then we're probably just screwed and waiting to be told we're screwed.
    Yes, I got Wrigley night 1 confirmation email today, and cc has been charged.
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,479
    Anyone get LV confirmation/denial today?
  • jimjam1982jimjam1982 Posts: 1,398
    edited February 20
    SHZA said:
    RE4790 said:

This!

So many variables unaccounted for...you can't speculate math without knowing the numbers.

We don't know how many seats at each venue are available.
    We don't know how many people requested for each show.
    We don't know the breakdown on 1 seat request VS 2 seat request
    We don't know who checked what boxes in seat selection.

If 10c felt like sharing some of this - I bet people would not have to wonder why they lost.

Vancouver for example, maybe it didn't even use all of the 10c tickets. So effectively if less seats are requested then seats available your odds are 100% not 10%.

Moving to Philly, check all possible seats my odds of winning the Philly show are the same as everyone else who checked all possible boxes AND also had a single request. However, my odds are higher then the guy who only checked GA/P1 and needs 2 seats because I am open to other seats and only need 1...Rows at stadiums tend to be odd numbers so there always end up a significant number of single seats available.
    To evaluate properly the people losing regularly need to identify the boxes they checked, how many seats requested, and what shows.

I lost Philly N1 - I only selected GA/P1 for a Single seat - Not mad about losing, I expected to.

Post edited by jimjam1982 on
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,686
    edited February 20
    Each GA drawing is independent.  You have the same odds, as anyone else that put in a request, for each show's GA lottery.  The amount of tickets may be different, but you have the same odds to get selected for one/two as anyone else that requested.  Do we need to get the source code of the program and find out if there is not a random generation?  Do we believe that somehow a computer picked the same person's random selection confirmation number purposefully over and over for GA each show?  Come on folks.
    Nope. Just for the other show in the same city. Again, it isn't GA specific either, which makes the issue even more glaring. 
    I was thinking that they picked by city and not by show like they were supposed to.

The odds to land *all four* is what is being discussed. Fans are winning Philly twice and ny and Balt. The odds are calculated same as how any lottery is picked. If the lottery is picking one in fifty (with replacement) five times, the odds are 50*50*50*50*50 (one in millions, for the lottery). If it were one in fifty to hit all five we’d all be millionaires, because we’d never stop playing and one in fifty is very doable. 

As far as “cmon folks,” let’s look no further when they made a simple error in 2023 assigning seats and had to do a redraw. It happens. That’s not saying that’s happening here, but if we were say five members go four for four hitting those difficult to win cities (historically), the odds are way below 0.1% of that happening.
  • CM189191CM189191 Posts: 6,927
    know1 said:
    know1 said:
    SHZA said:
    RE4790 said:

This!

Nobody knows and these math games ya'll are arguing about are pretty silly. lol
    My point exactly. And never mind we don't even know how they conducted the lottery either. So it's all pointless conversation driven by misinformation and assumptions that is serving to get people irritated.

Real easy way to fix this.  10C & TM can be more transparent about # of tix available,  # of 10C registering, etc....
  • Each GA drawing is independent.  You have the same odds, as anyone else that put in a request, for each show's GA lottery.  The amount of tickets may be different, but you have the same odds to get selected for one/two as anyone else that requested.  Do we need to get the source code of the program and find out if there is not a random generation?  Do we believe that somehow a computer picked the same person's random selection confirmation number purposefully over and over for GA each show?  Come on folks.
    If 4 independent events each have a 10% probability, the likelihood of all 4 events happening is 0.1^4. 
  • jimjam1982jimjam1982 Posts: 1,398
    If 4 independent events each have a 10% probability, the likelihood of all 4 events happening is 0.1^4. 
    This is hypothetical.  All odds are not the same for every show.  So using this as a barometer for why someone didn't win is just going to make people upset.
    GlowGirl said:
    I was thinking that they picked by city and not by show like they were supposed to.

Exactly! Ticketmaster US did not conduct the lottery as Vancouver did. And Vancouver did it correctly. 

I'm not a conspiracy theorist as others seem to suggest. I struck out on both Vancouver shows. 
  • know1 said:
    SHZA said:
    RE4790 said:

This!

20%*20%*20%*20% = 0.2%
    .2X.2X.2X.2=0.0016, meaning 0.16% odds. Even 20% less than you were saying.
    I got memories I got shit...
    This is hypothetical.  All odds are not the same for every show.  So using this as a barometer for why someone didn't win is just going to make people upset.
    If we don't know the exact odds we should just ignore the results and assume everything was kosher?
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    More evidence that we need a full Canadian tour. 2025!

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Back to somebody else's post, any real confirmations today or just hearsay from Facebook posts? And any non-credit card issues from yesterday?
    I got memories I got shit...
    SHZA said:
    RE4790 said:

This!

So many variables unaccounted for...you can't speculate math without knowing the numbers.

We don't know how many seats at each venue are available.
    We don't know how many people requested for each show.
    We don't know the breakdown on 1 seat request VS 2 seat request
    We don't know who checked what boxes in seat selection.

If 10c felt like sharing some of this - I bet people would not have to wonder why they lost.

Vancouver for example, maybe it didn't even use all of the 10c tickets. So effectively if less seats are requested then seats available your odds are 100% not 10%.

Moving to Philly, check all possible seats my odds of winning the Philly show are the same as everyone else who checked all possible boxes AND also had a single request. However, my odds are higher then the guy who only checked GA/P1 and needs 2 seats because I am open to other seats and only need 1...Rows at stadiums tend to be odd numbers so there always end up a significant number of single seats available.
    To evaluate properly the people losing regularly need to identify the boxes they checked, how many seats requested, and what shows.

I lost Philly N1 - I only selected GA/P1 for a Single seat - Not mad about losing, I expected to.

Jim, I am not trying to be exact. From past draws, 10% is a reasonable guess for the NE cities. The odds to go four for four in what we all agree are very difficult to win shows is what’s very surprising. To see quite a few go four for four or three for four, we are talking very very low odds of that. It’s not one in ten, which is what I originally replied to, it’s far less than that. There is much less transparency than there used to be, and they never disclosed if the each sub draw within a show is truly random, or if they are adjusting for seniority in the p1 v p2 draws. If they did, they should have disclosed that.

And although your logic for single seats seems reasonable, the club specifically told us it doesn’t change our chances, which makes me believe they go across the rows and don’t fill in singles, but that’s a very complicated analysis to figure out.
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Posts: 7,754
    At least people aren't bitching about ticket prices anymore!
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • ComeToTX said:
    At least people aren't bitching about ticket prices anymore!
    True!
  • wnh1977wnh1977 Posts: 618
    Me:
    • 5/18 Vegas (1 ticket Reserved P1) - YES
    • 8/29 Chicago (2 tickets Reserved P1) - YES
    • 8/31 Chicago (put in for GA/Reserved P1 & P1) - NO
    • 9/7 Philly (1 ticket put in for GA/Reserved P1 & P1) - NO
    • 9/9 Philly (1 ticket (put in for GA/Reserved P1 & P1) - NO

Wife:
    • 8/29 Chicago (2 tickets Reserved P1) - YES
    • 8/31 Chicago (put in for GA/Reserved P1 & P1) - NO

I thought Wrigley was going to be a "for sure".  What's capacity for a show there?  40,000?  We've been to every Wrigley show, so I guess I was just overconfident.  Bummer we both got Thursday and both missed Saturday.  Guess we'll each be snagging a friend to go with.

Not surprised that I missed out on Philly, but I thought only requesting 1 ticket would give me decent odds. 
    1998: 6/26, 6/27, 6/29
    2000: 8/15, 8/18, 10/9, 10/11, 10/12
    2003: 6/18, 6/21, 6/22
    2005: 9/9, 9/28
    2006: 5/16, 5/17, 6/26, 6/27
    2007: 8/5
    2009: 8/23, 8/24
    2010: 5/3, 5/4, 5/21
    2011: 9/3, 9/4, 9/11, 9/12
    2013: 7/19, 11/16
    2014: 10/3, 10/9, 10/12, 10/17
    2016: 4/16, 8/20, 8/22
    2018: 8/18, 8/20, 9/2
    2022: 9/18
    2023: 8/31, 9/2, 9/5
    2024: 5/18, 6/29
    If we don't know the exact odds we should just ignore the results and assume everything was kosher?

Did they do the 2023 draw correctly, yes or no? Over the years, transparency has decreased. It’s possible to go four of four in the NE, but it seems the odds of that would be a fraction of one percent.

Did they do the 2023 draw correctly, yes or no? Over the years, transparency has decreased. It’s possible to go four of four in the NE, but it seems the odds of that would be a fraction of one percent.
    Completely agree