• 5/18 Vegas (1 ticket Reserved P1) - YES
    • 8/29 Chicago (2 tickets Reserved P1) - YES
    • 8/31 Chicago (put in for GA/Reserved P1 & P1) - NO
    • 9/7 Philly (1 ticket put in for GA/Reserved P1 & P1) - NO
    • 9/9 Philly (1 ticket (put in for GA/Reserved P1 & P1) - NO

Wife:
    • 8/29 Chicago (2 tickets Reserved P1) - YES
    • 8/31 Chicago (put in for GA/Reserved P1 & P1) - NO

I thought Wrigley was going to be a "for sure".  What's capacity for a show there?  40,000?  We've been to every Wrigley show, so I guess I was just overconfident.  Bummer we both got Thursday and both missed Saturday.  Guess we'll each be snagging a friend to go with.

Not surprised that I missed out on Philly, but I thought only requesting 1 ticket would give me decent odds. 
    Did you get the denial email for Philly or just assuming.
    2003-Tampa
    2006-East Rutherford
    2008-West Palm Beach
    2009- Philadelphia
    2016- Fort Lauderdale and Miami
  • mpar17mpar17 Posts: 165
    I’m still waiting on MSG, I put in for both nights. No emails amd no CC pending. 
    96 Hartford
    98 Hartford
    10 Hartford
    13 Hartford
    14 Denver
    16 MSG 1+2, Fenway 2
  • BE257117BE257117 Posts: 43
    Black73 said:
    JosephK said:
    Has anyone HERE gotten a confirmation today? Vs the friend of a friend who heard from someone else on Facebook? 
    Yes, I got Chicago night 1 notification today
    Every person who got denied is doing their best Lloyd Christmas right now
  • BloodMeridian80BloodMeridian80 Seattle Posts: 651
    BF25394 said:
    stones said:
    Okay, so quick question.... this applies only to cities with two shows in the US... is there anyone who put in for both nights, but only got GA for one night? 

Just curious. 

Yes, for Seattle.  GA night 1, P1 night 2.
    Just pointing out, for the people who are convinced that everyone either got GA both nights or shut out both nights for cities with multiple shows, that here's a person who had divergent results for each night.
    Did someone get a GA for a N2 show that didn't get GA for an N1 show? Have we seen an example of that?
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,686
    BF25394 said:
    stones said:
    Okay, so quick question.... this applies only to cities with two shows in the US... is there anyone who put in for both nights, but only got GA for one night? 

Just curious. 

Just pointing out, for the people who are convinced that everyone either got GA both nights or shut out both nights for cities with multiple shows, that here's a person who had divergent results for each night.
    Did someone get a GA for a N2 show that didn't get GA for an N1 show? Have we seen an example of that?
    I have a friend who did, but they only put in for N2. The question is if someone got GA for a N2 show and not a N1 show who put in for both.

• Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,590
    I'm thinking more people will be shut out of Philly, simply because I am guessing that they will have more requests. MSG might have less seats as per the charts,  but maybe people decided to try for Philly as they knew msg was going to be very difficult and only one show. Philly might be the hardest ticket of the tour.
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,148
    Fortunately for us the people best equipped for a lottery analysis are 50 year old potheads with none of the relevant baseline data
  • dunewalldunewall Posts: 75
    Put in for 5 shows and got 3 of them
    Seattle nights 1 and 2 - no dice
    Vegas night 2 - got tix
    Wrigley night 2 - got tix
    Fenway night 1 - got tix
    + tix from rescheduled Indy show

Cleveland 03', Cincinnati 03' (Flooded), Cincinnati 06', Cincinnati 14', Chicago N2 23', Indy 23' (Cancelled), Vegas N2 24', Seattle N1 24', Indy 24', Chicago N2 24'
    steven87 said:
    Finally getting around to posting my results:

Vancouver N1 and N2- P1 reserved
    MSG N1- nothing
    MSG N2- P2 reserved
    Philly N1- P1 reserved
    Philly N2- GA
    Baltimore- P1 reserved

Feel very fortunate to have scored my first GA ever in a 10c lottery (in about 50 attempts). Now on to F2F to try to upgrade the rest!
    Here's another person who had a split GA/P1 result in a city.
    And an example of what I just asked, so forget that. I guess it would help to see a lot more split like this -> there should be significantly more GA N1 and P1 N2 (or vice versa) examples that GA N1 and GA N2. I've noticed a lot more of the latter.
  • UtahBoltUtahBolt Posts: 188
    edited February 20
    Add me to the growing list of those who have not heard on Missoula.   

Landed GA for both Vegas 1 and 2 (super stoked!) but have not heard a thing on Missoula.  I also thought Missoula would be an easy win.  I guess not.   

No complaints here because I have been very lucky, just simply adding myself to the list of those of us lost in the Montana mountains somewhere...
  • efroten2efroten2 Posts: 81
    edited February 20
    wnh1977 said:
    Me:

Wife:

I thought Wrigley was going to be a "for sure".  What's capacity for a show there?  40,000?  We've been to every Wrigley show, so I guess I was just overconfident.  Bummer we both got Thursday and both missed Saturday.  Guess we'll each be snagging a friend to go with.

Not surprised that I missed out on Philly, but I thought only requesting 1 ticket would give me decent odds. 
    I agree that it would seem like Wrigley/Stadium shows should be a sure thing but I've definitely been shut out of at least one 10C drawing for Wrigley, I think it was Night 1 in 2018. Below are my Wrigley draws for each show there.
    • 2013 Reserved
    • 2016 N1 Reserved
    • 2016 N2 GA
    • 2018 N1 shut out, got tix during the TM presale
    • 2018 N2 GA
    • 2024 N1 GA
    • 2024 N2 GA
    1994: Bridge School Night 2
    1995: Sacramento, San Jose
    1998: Sacramento
    2001: Bridge School Night 2
    2003: St. Louis, Champaign, Irvine 1, Irvine 2, Chicago, East Troy, Noblesville
    2004: Grand Rapids
    2006: Chicago 1, Chicago 2, Cleveland, Milwaukee 2
    2007: Chicago (The Vic), Chicago (Lolla)
    2009: Chicago 1, Chicago 2
    2010: Noblesville
    2013: Chicago, San Diego
    2014: St. Louis, Milwaukee
    2016: Chicago 1 & 2
    2018: Chicago 1 & 2
    2011: PJ20 1 & 2
  • aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,403
    pjl44 said:
    Fortunately for us the people best equipped for a lottery analysis are 50 year old potheads with none of the relevant baseline data
    Hey man, I take offense to that. I'm not really sure why at the moment. But for some reason, I did.  B)
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,928
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    Got P1 reserved for L.A. 1 & 2

Shut out for LV 2

First time since I joined back in 1994 that I was shutout for a city!
    At least you got in the door. It's hard to watch people go 5/5 and 6/6 and others go 0/2 or 0/1. Doesn't feel... equitable. I preferred the ranked choice method. 

If you reread the threads from previous lotteries, the complaints are all exactly the same as this thread. Even when you were able to rank shows you still had results where some went 5/5 and others went 0/2.  The complaints then were the same as now - Namely that the system is the problem and we need to change it.  The only difference in the threads is who won and who lost from tour to tour. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• jimjam1982jimjam1982 Posts: 1,398
    SHZA said:
    RE4790 said:
    Correct, the system is very flawed or corrupt.  Simple statistics show multiple people shouldn't be winning 8 shows and others getting nothing.  Time to stop wasting money on the ten club if this is how things are being handled.

If every requester has exactly the same chance as every other requester at every show requested this absolutely could happen as winning a show has zero effect on winning any other show.  It's even possible the same 10 clubber could have been drawn as the first for every single show.

This!
    Everyone knows it's possible. But if the odds of it happening are 1 in 10 million, yet the actual results are 1 in 100, something is wrong.

People are getting confused with lottery odds. If I have a ten percent chance to win a high demand show and win, I still have a ten percent chance of winning the next show.

but to win both, my odds are 1% (10%*10%)

We are seeing fans go four for four (ny and Balt one chance each, Philly two chances)

the odds of hitting all four assuming 10% odds are 10%*10%*10%*10% or 0.01%.

to see that happen multiple times is astounding. It’s possible but very very strange.
    So many variables unaccounted for...you can't speculate math without knowing the numbers.

We don't know how many seats at each venue are available.
    We don't know how many people requested for each show.
    We don't know the breakdown on 1 seat request VS 2 seat request
    We don't know who checked what boxes in seat selection.

If 10c felt like sharing some of this - I bet people would not have to wonder why they lost.

Vancouver for example, maybe it didn't even use all of the 10c tickets. So effectively if less seats are requested then seats available your odds are 100% not 10%.

Moving to Philly, check all possible seats my odds of winning the Philly show are the same as everyone else who checked all possible boxes AND also had a single request. However, my odds are higher then the guy who only checked GA/P1 and needs 2 seats because I am open to other seats and only need 1...Rows at stadiums tend to be odd numbers so there always end up a significant number of single seats available.
    To evaluate properly the people losing regularly need to identify the boxes they checked, how many seats requested, and what shows.

I lost Philly N1 - I only selected GA/P1 for a Single seat - Not mad about losing, I expected to.

Jim, I am not trying to be exact. From past draws, 10% is a reasonable guess for the NE cities. The odds to go four for four in what we all agree are very difficult to win shows is what’s very surprising. To see quite a few go four for four or three for four, we are talking very very low odds of that. It’s not one in ten, which is what I originally replied to, it’s far less than that. There is much less transparency than there used to be, and they never disclosed if the each sub draw within a show is truly random, or if they are adjusting for seniority in the p1 v p2 draws. If they did, they should have disclosed that.

And although your logic for single seats seems reasonable, the club specifically told us it doesn’t change our chances, which makes me believe they go across the rows and don’t fill in singles, but that’s a very complicated analysis to figure out.
    I get that.  It does seem a little weird on the surface.  Transparency would be good.  My guess is if the numbers were to be shared it would make more sense. 
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Posts: 49,888
    edited February 20
    Zod said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Vancouver 1 & 2, P1 for both.
    I was only in this lottery to try for GA (I'm actually a little surprised I didn't get even one). I've got a bad 10C number (somewhere in the 450K range I think), so I'm going to try and get good seats in the general sale, and then hope I'll be able to sell bad 10C singles.... although I'm curious about the premium pricing! Just how much are those going to be??
    Technically, I think the 10c usually gets most of the best tickets, so even your crappiest seat should be better than what's publicly available on TM.  Unless you pony up for platinum.

Platinum depends on demand, but they'll be jacked up at the beginning, and demand will dictate if they drop down and how quickly.
    10C will definitely not get most of the best tickets. Not anymore. I believe there will be a very small number of 10C tix in the desired sections of P1 (people with the lowest membership numbers), and the rest will mainly be back of the floor and upper level. For the same price.

Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • BloodMeridian80BloodMeridian80 Seattle Posts: 651
    Choska said:
    For clowns, sure.  
    lol
  • dunewalldunewall Posts: 75
    efroten2 said:
    wnh1977 said:
    Me:

Wife:

I agree that it would seem like Wrigley/Stadium shows should be a sure thing but I've definitely been shut out of at least one 10C drawing for Wrigley, I think it was Night 1 in 2018. Below are my Wrigley draws for each show there.
    • 2013 Reserved
    • 2016 N1 Reserved
    • 2016 N2 GA
    • 2018 N1 shut out, got tix during the TM presale
    • 2018 N2 GA
    • 2024 N1 GA
    • 2024 N2 GA
    I was shut out of every Wrigley lottery up until this year.  

Cleveland 03', Cincinnati 03' (Flooded), Cincinnati 06', Cincinnati 14', Chicago N2 23', Indy 23' (Cancelled), Vegas N2 24', Seattle N1 24', Indy 24', Chicago N2 24'
    JOEJOEJOE said:

Shut out for LV 2

At least you got in the door. It's hard to watch people go 5/5 and 6/6 and others go 0/2 or 0/1. Doesn't feel... equitable. I preferred the ranked choice method. 

If you reread the threads from previous lotteries, the complaints are all exactly the same as this thread. Even when you were able to rank shows you still had results where some went 5/5 and others went 0/2.  The complaints then were the same as now - Namely that the system is the problem and we need to change it.  The only difference in the threads is who won and who lost from tour to tour. 
    To me it is not the winning or losing of the tickets. I was completelly shut out in 2020. I got MSG and Baltimore this time - so I am thrilled. I just think the seat allocations are strange in that so many people got GA for both shows in the same city, and in many cases multiple cities. That is what seems different this time around.

• CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,774
    edited February 20
    i went 0/4 vegas/la

that surprised me a bunch, LA has always been easy for me....been to ALL shows since 2009

Im not discouraged, but going 0/4 when others went 4/4 something isnt right there
  • UPSDanUPSDan Posts: 93
    BF25394 said:
    stones said:

Just curious. 

Got P1 Philly night 1 and GA Night. 2
    Total shows: 79
    Total performances seen: 2268
    Unique PJ songs: 155
    Unique Covers: 89
    96 (1), 98 (3), 00 (7), 01 (1), 03 (17), 04 (5), 05 (4), 06 (11), 07 (2), 08 (8), 09 (2), 10 (3), 12 (1), 13 (5), 15 (1), 16 (2), 17 (1), 21 (1), 22 (2), 23 (2), 24 (6 upcoming)
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,590
    I'm reading the odds math like this...

https://youtu.be/O5ROhf5Soqs?si=LGrzUJblRD-vRpgG
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Posts: 5,902
    BF25394 said:
    stones said:

Just curious. 

Yes, me for Vancouver

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,417
    Vedd Hedd said:
    I'm thinking more people will be shut out of Philly, simply because I am guessing that they will have more requests. MSG might have less seats as per the charts,  but maybe people decided to try for Philly as they knew msg was going to be very difficult and only one show. Philly might be the hardest ticket of the tour.
    Philly Saturday night show and for the 1st time in Philly proper no limit on getting only 1 Philly show. That pretty much makes it the most desired ticket most likely.  
  • Me: 1/5
    Balt - denied
    Philly 1 - denied
    Philly 2 - denied
    MSG 1- denied
    MSG 2 - eligible for draw since I lost n1, won GA

Husband: 4/4
    Balt - P2
    Philly 1 - P1
    Philly 2 - P1
    MSG 1- P1

Daughter: 2/3
    Philly 1 - denied
    Philly 2 - P1
    MSG1 - P1

Daughter's BF: 2/2
    Philly 1 - P1
    Philly 2 - P1

Daughter's BF's sister: 1/2
    Philly 1 - denied
    Philly 2 - P1

My daughter, her bf and his sister all won both nights for Vancouver, a mix of GA & P1. 

2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy 2024 Indy, MSG 1&2, Philly 1&2, Baltimore

• MD190661MD190661 Posts: 394
    UtahBolt said:

Landed GA for both Vegas 1 and 2 (super stoked!) but have not heard a thing on Missoula.  I also thought Missoula would be an easy win.  I guess not.   

No complaints here because I have been very lucky, just simply adding myself to the list of those of us lost in the Montana mountains somewhere...
    My buddy got pit for Missoula. 
    10/1/94, 6/22/95, 6/24/95, 9/16/96, 7/22/98, 10/21/01, 6/1/03, 10/25/03, 10/26/03, 9/1/05, 7/15/06, 7/18/06, 8/28/09, 10/07/09, 10/3/12, 11/26/13, 6/18/18, 8/10/18, 5/12/22, 5/13/22, 5/13/24, 5/25/24

• kmcmanuskmcmanus Posts: 722
    CharlieDayStringboard.gif
  • gobr0309gobr0309 Posts: 166
    edited February 20

They used to publish the odds. 10% odds of landing GA is probably high for MSG, Philly and Baltimore. 
    If I remember correctly the odds of getting GA tickets for the 2018 wrigley shows was something like 8% and that was when you could choose GA only rather than GA/Reserved
    Minneapolis 2011 - Ed Uke / Charlotte 2013 / Phoenix 2013 / San Diego 2013 / LA 1 & 2 2013 / Memphis 2014 / St. Paul 2014 / Milwaukee 2014 / Wrigley 1 & 2 2016 / Temple of the Dog LA Forum 2016 / Wrigley 1 & 2 2018 / St. Paul 1 & 2 2023 / Wrigley 1 & 2 2024
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,928
    GlowGirl said:
    on2legs said:
    JOEJOEJOE said:

Shut out for LV 2

To me it is not the winning or losing of the tickets. I was completelly shut out in 2020. I got MSG and Baltimore this time - so I am thrilled. I just think the seat allocations are strange in that so many people got GA for both shows in the same city, and in many cases multiple cities. That is what seems different this time around.

Right... but there have been many people who didn't win both nights.  They only got tickets to one night or the other.  If there is a glitch, why didn't all those people score tickets for both nights?  We can't ignore those results. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• gobr0309 said:

They used to publish the odds. 10% odds of landing GA is probably high for MSG, Philly and Baltimore. 
    If I remember correctly the odds of getting GA tickets for the 2018 wrigley shows was something like 8% and that was when you could choose GA only rather than GA/Reserved
    And Wrigley has a large GA area
  • msujammermsujammer Posts: 173
    MD190661 said:
    UtahBolt said:

My buddy got pit for Missoula. 
    I'm another that hasn't heard on Missoula...bummer. Pulled PDX, but not Missoula...yet. 
    11/3/00 Boise 5/28/03 Missoula 6/15/03 Fargo 8/29/05 Missoula 9/4/05 Calgary 7/22/06 Gorge 7/23/06 The Gorge 7/18/08 9/21/09 Seattle 9/22/09 Seattle 5/3/10 Kansas City 9/3/11 Alpine Valley 9/4/11 Alpine Valley 9/30/12 Missoula