Official 2024 Ticket Lottery Results Thread

Comments

• RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,884
    D-Rod said:
    Good to see the forum mobile display is back.

I went 2/4 in what I tried for, and a ticket buddy got me something else.  
    It is?   I still have the crappy mobile screen 
    Working on android phone.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • BR2428BR2428 Posts: 129
    AFJAMMER said:
    AFJAMMER said:
    know1 said:
    BF25394 said:
    And an example of what I just asked, so forget that. I guess it would help to see a lot more split like this -> there should be significantly more GA N1 and P1 N2 (or vice versa) examples that GA N1 and GA N2. I've noticed a lot more of the latter.
    I've highlighted a key phrase.

The night before the Super Bowl, I went out and did karaoke with some friends. One of my friends performed "Ca plane pour moi." A few days later, I was watching a hockey game when I saw a Heineken commercial with that song in it that I'd never noticed before. I mentioned it to the friend. Shortly thereafter, he replied that he saw it on a different channel. The next night, we were at a bar and the commercial came on TV while we were there. I've seen it a few more times since then.

Did this commercial not exist until last week, or did we just not notice it until the song was top-of-mind after the karaoke performance? I looked it up, and it turns out the ad has been airing since January 9. We did karaoke on February 10. I noticed the commercial for the first time on February 13. So it's the second option (something sometimes called Baader-Meinhof Phenomenon).

With respect to the ticket lottery, it's something different. People are noticing things that fit the pattern they think they see and not noticing the things that don't. It is normal for humans to do this.
    Also - people could be lying about their results.

There are huge variables at play here and it's quite interesting to see how people can think they are so sure of something when they basically know almost nothing.

Based on some of the questions being asked...I would bet a lot of people entered TM Verified Fan and thought that was their 10c registration. So they are like oh i lost...when truthfully they never entered.  Then there are also legit folks who know the drill and drew the short straw repeatedly.
    I agree for the ones went 0/???

if you got at least one, you know you did it correctly.
    I went 0/ and I have my request confirmation 
    There were 2 confirmations sent. One was for the 10c tix and another for verified fan. It is possible to mix those two up and think they got shut out, but didn’t even enter the 10c.
    Ffs I know how to enter the TC lottery 

Yup. People think that if we got shut out we fucked up.
    If each show was a separate request, they only keep the last request. 
  • BR2428 said:
    AFJAMMER said:
    AFJAMMER said:
    know1 said:
    BF25394 said:
    And an example of what I just asked, so forget that. I guess it would help to see a lot more split like this -> there should be significantly more GA N1 and P1 N2 (or vice versa) examples that GA N1 and GA N2. I've noticed a lot more of the latter.

The night before the Super Bowl, I went out and did karaoke with some friends. One of my friends performed "Ca plane pour moi." A few days later, I was watching a hockey game when I saw a Heineken commercial with that song in it that I'd never noticed before. I mentioned it to the friend. Shortly thereafter, he replied that he saw it on a different channel. The next night, we were at a bar and the commercial came on TV while we were there. I've seen it a few more times since then.

Did this commercial not exist until last week, or did we just not notice it until the song was top-of-mind after the karaoke performance? I looked it up, and it turns out the ad has been airing since January 9. We did karaoke on February 10. I noticed the commercial for the first time on February 13. So it's the second option (something sometimes called Baader-Meinhof Phenomenon).

With respect to the ticket lottery, it's something different. People are noticing things that fit the pattern they think they see and not noticing the things that don't. It is normal for humans to do this.

There are huge variables at play here and it's quite interesting to see how people can think they are so sure of something when they basically know almost nothing.

Based on some of the questions being asked...I would bet a lot of people entered TM Verified Fan and thought that was their 10c registration. So they are like oh i lost...when truthfully they never entered.  Then there are also legit folks who know the drill and drew the short straw repeatedly.

There were 2 confirmations sent. One was for the 10c tix and another for verified fan. It is possible to mix those two up and think they got shut out, but didn’t even enter the 10c.

If each show was a separate request, they only keep the last request. 
    Damn looks to be the case. Brutal as shit
    Wrigley 7/19/2013
    Philadelphia 10/22/2013
    Baltimore 10/27/2013
    Hampton 4/18/2016
    Ft. Worth 9/13/2023
    Ft. Worth 9/15/2023
    Wrigley 8/31/2024
    Baltimore 9/12/2024
    Fenway 9/15/2024
  • SHZASHZA Posts: 3,891
    njhaley1 said:
    I have to be honest here, some of the posters have almost completely ruined the experience for me. Like dropping a Baby Ruth into the pool. 
    Like the Wrigley 2018 collection? Hopefully will do better this year 

• devonfz said:
    i actually got 3 out of 4 so not perfect / sacto   vegas and portland but no seattle 2 I still thought it went well but I get it there's a small % who got nothing a little brutal but whats the fix? i like the idea of everyone getting at least one show though
    Easy to say you like the new system when you hit 3/4. 
  • iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Posts: 3,410
    SHZA said:
    njhaley1 said:
    I have to be honest here, some of the posters have almost completely ruined the experience for me. Like dropping a Baby Ruth into the pool. 

The Paul Jackson Chicago 2018 poster is decent.  The Cunningham poster looks like something Tool would have as a show poster.
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• darwinstheorydarwinstheory Posts: 6,291
    SHZA said:
    njhaley1 said:

Well played 🤣 though I did always think the Paul Jackson print looked nice.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,884
    AFJAMMER said:
    AFJAMMER said:
    know1 said:
    BF25394 said:

This is a very aggressive entry.  Trying for the best option only at the most popular shows.  It's a shame if you were shut out but that's a reasonably likely outcome of this entry.  By far the MSG odds were better if you selected P2.  It's fine not to select it if you don't want it but the flip side is getting shut out. Maybe you weren't shut out, I don't know.  Just an observation.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
    SHZA said:
    njhaley1 said:

Yeah it's not bad. And I have the Harry Caray variant of the elephant framed. I also left out the Steve Thomas train which is pretty great 
  • craigraethercraigraether Posts: 1,298
    SHZA said:
    SHZA said:
    njhaley1 said:

Yeah it's not bad. And I have the Harry Caray variant of the elephant framed. I also left out the Steve Thomas train which is pretty great 
    then there's the Austin 2023 Night 1 poster... 
  • iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Posts: 3,410
    SHZA said:
    SHZA said:
    njhaley1 said:

then there's the Austin 2023 Night 1 poster... 

I attended the Austin night 1 show and couldn't force myself to buy that poster, that was an abomination
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,834
    D-Rod said:
    Good to see the forum mobile display is back.

I went 2/4 in what I tried for, and a ticket buddy got me something else.  
    It is?   I still have the crappy mobile screen 
    Working on android phone.
    Apple phone is still a disaster.   I feel like I’m deciphering Morse code. 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....Las Vegas N1, Las Vegas N2, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Boston N1, Boston N2
    2025.....????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
  • SCHSCH Posts: 59
    4 friends of mine. 20 years each in fan club . none on us  get MSG.. we get lottery than seniority but wtf tenclub.
     meanwhile " I signed up last month and got 10 shows" there  must be a better algorithm next time
    In Connecticut I add
  • stickmanstickman Posts: 1,008
    Got MSG N1 - P1   Been in club since 1998, so pretty low fan club number. 

Looking to trade one of my tickets for a MSG N2 - preferably P1/ GA. 

Please send a pm if interested in working something out.

• stickman said:
    Got MSG N1 - P1   Been in club since 1998, so pretty low fan club number. 

Looking to trade one of my tickets for a MSG N2 - preferably P1/ GA. 

Please send a pm if interested in working something out.

Stickman’s back! 🔥 PM’d you 
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 | 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 2 | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2 | 2024: Las Vegas 1, Seattle x2, Indy, MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,335
    SCH said:
    4 friends of mine. 20 years each in fan club . none on us  get MSG.. we get lottery than seniority but wtf tenclub.
     meanwhile " I signed up last month and got 10 shows" there  must be a better algorithm next time
    You acknowledge that seniority does not have anything to do with being selected in the lottery, but then you ask the Ten Club WTF because you and your friends did not get tickets despite your long tenure in the club while a fictional club member who signed up last month got ten shows. You realize that this is completely illogical, right?
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.

Another perfect 10 
  • BF25394BF25394 Posts: 4,335
    SHZA said:

Another perfect 10 
    How do you know that this person only put in for these ten shows?
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
    BF25394 said:
    SCH said:
    You acknowledge that seniority does not have anything to do with being selected in the lottery, but then you ask the Ten Club WTF because you and your friends did not get tickets despite your long tenure in the club while a fictional club member who signed up last month got ten shows. You realize that this is completely illogical, right?
    Spread the wealth ... that's the point.. there's no fiction on fan members ,  .. there's no illogical ... if you win the first two then you chances go down on the next etc ... simple ... but whatever 
  • bootlegbootleg Posts: 674
    Anyone have an idea on how many people a typical US arena GA pit holds? 
  • bootleg said:
    Anyone have an idea on how many people a typical US arena GA pit holds? 
    About 1,000 people, I would guess. 
    Dallas 98
    Dallas 2000
    Kansas City 2000
    St. Louis 2000
    Memphis 2000
    OKC 2003
    Dallas 2003
    Kansas City 2003
    Little Rock 2003
    Cincinnati 2006
    Vegas 2006
    EV Los Angeles 2008 x 2
    VH1 Rock Honors the Who 2008 
    Berlin 2009
    Los Angeles 2009 x 4
    The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien 2009
    Los Angeles 2013 x 2
    Tulsa 2014
    EV Ohana 2016
    Ohana 2021 x 4
    Los Angeles 2022 x 2
  • SHZA said:

Another perfect 10 
    Ffs, this is crazy 
  • BF25394 said:
    SHZA said:

Another perfect 10 
    How do you know that this person only put in for these ten shows?
    Oh no, maybe they went 10/12 or 10/14. Poor them. Yet I am supposed to accept this system as fair when my wife and I both went 0-4
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,391
    SHZA said:

Another perfect 10 
    wtf
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • SaravaSarava Posts: 2,019
    I feel bad for the people that struck out. Now, if they chose not to select P2 in shows that that was an option, then that failure is on them. That's looking at many of the Vegas strikeouts mostly.

For the east coast - it feels like there's less complaints than usual. But there always are people that miss out and that sucks. Unless they start doing 4 or 5 MSG show runs - there probably isn't a better solution.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    Bring on the Baltimore seat assignments! Woot!

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • yosiyosi Posts: 2,985
    Sarava said:

For the east coast - it feels like there's less complaints than usual. But there always are people that miss out and that sucks. Unless they start doing 4 or 5 MSG show runs - there probably isn't a better solution.
    They should do this. Mostly because I would love both an easier time getting tickets to my home shows and seeing them 3-4x’s w/o travel. 
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane

• Sarava said:
    I feel bad for the people that struck out. Now, if they chose not to select P2 in shows that that was an option, then that failure is on them. That's looking at many of the Vegas strikeouts mostly.

When people hit GA to both Philly shows and others are shutout all together there is an issue
  • know1know1 Posts: 6,794
    SHZA said:

Another perfect 10 
    I'm always skeptical of things like this. It's pretty easy to fake this. 
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.