Dark Matter World Tour 2024

Comments

• I'm wondering if its a foreign transaction that's freaking Amex out?
    98-Birmingham, 00-Nashville, 03-Nashville, 12-Atlanta, 14-Memphis, 16-New Orleans, 18-Amsterdam, Night 1 & 2, 18-Seattle Night 2, 21-New Jersey, 22-Imola, 22-Nashville, 22-Louisville
    Ed Solo: 17-Louisville
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Posts: 19,118
    kmcmanus said:
    Tix for MSG 2022 (pricing set in 2020, pre-Covid):
    $130
    tix for Austin 2023: $162
    tix for 2024: $180 
    it’s a lot of money but it’s not a huge percentage jump. After last year I was expecting around $175 and this is over but close. I wish they were cheaper but i don’t find it surprising.
    European fans last shows were priced at 2020 prices and the whole world changed a month after those prices were set. So the jump seems worse on EU tix but the gap is 3 years longer. 
    And it’s not like they’re spending their money on hookers and blow. Ed is extremely involved in a charity for kids with a rare skin disease. Jeff builds skateparks for rural kids. They have to pay the road crew they’ve had since the beginning. They choose to pay offset fees for their carbon footprint. 
    The whole concert industry is fucked right now. It sucks. But if PJ couldn’t fix it when they were still huge and the system wasn’t yet as bad (pre-TM/Live Nation merger for one thing) I can’t imagine what people are expecting them to do now. But people seem to lose sight of the fact they lost that fight for some reason. “Those sellouts, what happened to the band that fought Ticketmaster”? TM kicked their asses, that’s what happened.
    100 euro in Berlin 2022..now its 175..75% up!!..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • fafane45fafane45 Posts: 90
    I applied for tickets for Dublin Manchester Barcelona Berlin NYC.
    I just got charged 177€ on my Amex.
    How can i find out which show i got?

As a matter of fact, it can't be Manchester and NYC as the transaction was in €.
  • fafane45fafane45 Posts: 90
    fafane45 said:
    I applied for tickets for Dublin Manchester Barcelona Berlin NYC.
    I just got charged 177€ on my Amex.
    How can i find out which show i got?

As a matter of fact, it can't be Manchester and NYC as the transaction was in €.
    I got another transaction of 166,5€.
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,714
    Is $185 the cost of two tickets or one?
    One ticket.

• Long time fan, first time poster. I just got confirmation for Dublin come through, paid with VISA. FWIW I also went for London in the lottery and used my AMEX, still waiting. Will be interesting to see if London comes through. I'll report back. Good luck to all the guys appealing the sh*tshow in Oz, sounds like a lot of finger pointing and slopey shoulders going on.
  • THANK YOU!!!!
  • LS164963LS164963 Las Vegas, NV Posts: 160
    23scidoo said:
    Guys, they’re only playing 35 shows as a “world tour” that’s why prices are high. Green Day and Foo are charging less but they’re also playing A LOT more shows. If we got a 2006 type tour pretty sure prices would be lower.
    So, they want to make money..
    There was only 9... well 8 shows last year and tickets were less expensive. Your argument is invalid
  • demaydemay Posts: 67
    Looking at Vegas…there is a huge music festival that same weekend. Hotels and flights are really expensive. Just a heads up…wonder if the band knew that and plan to hit the festival after the shows. It’s an all-nighter type thing. 
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Posts: 19,118
    LS164963 said:
    23scidoo said:
    Guys, they’re only playing 35 shows as a “world tour” that’s why prices are high. Green Day and Foo are charging less but they’re also playing A LOT more shows. If we got a 2006 type tour pretty sure prices would be lower.
    There was only 9... well 8 shows last year and tickets were less expensive. Your argument is invalid
    2022 Berlin 100 euro
    2024 Berlin 175 euro..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
    23scidoo said:
    LS164963 said:
    23scidoo said:
    2022 Berlin 100 euro
    2024 Berlin 175 euro..
    Thank you, exactly my point.
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Posts: 4,212
    demay said:
    Looking at Vegas…there is a huge music festival that same weekend. Hotels and flights are really expensive. Just a heads up…wonder if the band knew that and plan to hit the festival after the shows. It’s an all-nighter type thing. 
    Dead & Co. are playing at the Sphere that weekend too.  Busy week for Vegas that week.
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,403
    Is $185 the cost of two tickets or one?
    That's the total for one ticket. Are you saying you requested one ticket for one section, and one ticket for another section? Because you can only be confirmed for one of them.
  • mjd327mjd327 Posts: 160
    Are people actually seeing temp charges? I dont see one so just wanna make sure my card info is good. If the request went through does that mean they recognize I put in a valid number etc, or do they not check that until the final charge?
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,714
    mjd327 said:
    Are people actually seeing temp charges? I dont see one so just wanna make sure my card info is good. If the request went through does that mean they recognize I put in a valid number etc, or do they not check that until the final charge?
    I only got temp charges for my overseas submissions.

• AF258596AF258596 Posts: 14
    Oleee  ticket floor Barcelona 8!! confimation email and visa account ok

• Barcelona confirmed for me too, VISA again. The only one that hasn't come through yet is London for me, which was AMEX, still waiting...
  • Gravey1975Gravey1975 Posts: 312
    Barcelona confirmed for me too, VISA again. The only one that hasn't come through yet is London for me, which was AMEX, still waiting...
    I haven't heard of anyone getting London notifications yet, so wouldn't worry just for now.
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,536
    kmcmanus said:
    Zod said:
    MD190661 said:
    kaw753 said:
    MD190661 said:
    kaw753 said:
    hihobibo said:
    JBob87 said:
    One angle I didn't consider...you know there is going to be someone who accidentally wins 10 shows because of the elimination of priority.

I know it has always said "be prepared to be charged for everything" but with the old priority system there was always kind of a cap on what was realistic. 
    In the old days you had to get them at will call too. Now you can just post them on F2F. So as long as someone can take the credit card hit for a month or so, someone can realistically sign up for every show knowing they can dump whatever they don't want pretty easily. It was very apparent last year that was the case, as you'd see people who all of a sudden "couldn't make it" for a show they just put in for a few weeks before, and post them up to F2F as soon as that option opened. The by-product of this is that it pushes out others who actually want to go further back, or not getting picked at all. 
    Basically, the 10c tickets are now just a starting point and then you hit F2F to see if you can do better. Of the 6 pairs I won last tour, only my #6 pick were seats that didn't suck and/or I couldn't easily do better with 30 minutes of F5 on F2F.  It went from me being shutout in the lottery for two shows in South Carolina in 2016 to now pretty much getting picked for everything and not using what they are giving out.
    Which is why I think it's still worth doing the lottery. I want GA for the show I picked. If I don't get that, maybe I'll get seats I like. If not, I'll find better ones at the F2F and sell my 10 Club. 
    The people getting screwed with the no priority system are people in NYC, Philly, and Baltimore. I went from having 0% chance of getting those to the same as people who live beside the arenas who would have put them as #1 back in the day. I might have a 0.001% chance of getting GA for NYC, but....

Meme Maker - So youre saying there is a chance Meme Generator
    I kind of wish they'd do a zip code thing for shows like MSG or other tough tickets. I know PJ is a travel band, but I think it should be easier for someone who lives within a few miles to get to tickets than me in CA. 
    Would it help that much?  New York has almost 75% of the population of Canada within 100 miles of its city centre.   I think playing a bigger venue would help more :)
    A four hour drive from NYC yields the population of Canada plus Australia. And also Almost nearly doubles the population of California (closer to 1.5x).
    And you would still need to drive 2 more hours before you hit Syracuse but MSG is still our closest “local” show. New York is a big state beyond just NYC.

I’m just mentioning for a population comparison. So many shows in Cali, Vegas and AZ in recent years, but not many realize there is a much greater population density here on the east coast, despite California being the largest state. A land mass like that on the east coast would be at least double the Cali population

too bad we’d never get double the shows!
  • DalehneDalehne Posts: 2
    2x6th and 2x8th Barcelona GA Standing, with AMEX, temp charged and mail confirmation

Thanks to the Forum, made my choice easier and Hotel also booked already. Will be my 50th on 9th so I hope they play til midnight and gift me 'Rockin' in a free world' :-)
  • Clare ParsonsClare Parsons Drogheda, Ireland Posts: 26
    I SCORED A TICKET TO THEIR DUBLIN SHOW!!! Yeow!

...now I have to figure out how to pay for it.  =)
    hello, good evening, welcome and goodbye
  • Clare ParsonsClare Parsons Drogheda, Ireland Posts: 26
    rael said:
    Anyone heard confirmation from the UK draw yet?
    Yes, me.  Just now.
    hello, good evening, welcome and goodbye
  •  Both nights in Barcelona confirmed Floor. Mastercard used. Didn’t think I would get the 2 shows. Less demands for Barcelona because no private area? I remember 2006 concert in Barcelona when we all could get in 2 hours before and in a private area on the front row. This time que up with the rest of the crowd 🥳
  • kmcmanuskmcmanus Posts: 723
    23scidoo said:
    LS164963 said:
    23scidoo said:
    2022 Berlin 100 euro
    2024 Berlin 175 euro..
    It’s not 2022 Berlin though for pricing purposes, it’s pre-covid 2020. If those shows had been announced in 2022 they would have been above the 100. 
    The gap is from when the price was set, not from when the show was played. And a whole lot is very different now than 2020.
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,908
    23scidoo said:
    LS164963 said:
    23scidoo said:
    2022 Berlin 100 euro
    2024 Berlin 175 euro..
    The 2022 price was really the 2020 price, set in 2019. 75% is still a huge leap but if the 2022 price was set in 2022 it would have been higher.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • BloodMeridian80BloodMeridian80 Seattle Posts: 653
    LS164963 said:
    23scidoo said:
    LS164963 said:
    23scidoo said:
    2022 Berlin 100 euro
    2024 Berlin 175 euro..
    Prices are inflated but 2022 tickets are 2020 makeup dates and prices are 2020. Still a big increase, I know. Guess what, if they tour next year or in 2026, tickets will be more expensive than these. Girder yourself!
  • AV235224AV235224 Posts: 23
    Scored both Barcelona gigs GA (I used Viša)
    Still waiting for the request confirmation mail that I mađe 3 days ago 😁
    19/09/2006 - Turin, IT
    20/06/2014 - Milan, IT
    26/06/2018 - Rome, IT
    24/07/2022 - Amsterdam, NL

• Barcelona confirmed for me too, VISA again. The only one that hasn't come through yet is London for me, which was AMEX, still waiting...
    I haven't heard of anyone getting London notifications yet, so wouldn't worry just for now.
    Yeah think you're right, just need to wait it out.
    LS164963 said:
    23scidoo said:
    LS164963 said:
    23scidoo said:
    2022 Berlin 100 euro
    2024 Berlin 175 euro..
    Prices are inflated but 2022 tickets are 2020 makeup dates and prices are 2020. Still a big increase, I know. Guess what, if they tour next year or in 2026, tickets will be more expensive than these. Girder yourself!
    Yes agree 100% the "Covid" excuse and the "supply chain excuse" will be use to continue to increase the price of everything. But a topic of discussion for another day
  • RW8297RW8297 Posts: 1,610
    Got Berlin #1 Golden Circle!!! Waiting for Berlin #2.