Dark Matter World Tour 2024

Comments

• Hawk123Hawk123 Posts: 2,028
    BF25394 said:
    tylerj said:
    Hawk123 said:
    Concert tickets have been spiking in price every tour for most big acts, it’s not a gradual increase. I think it’s finally hit my tipping point where I can’t justify travelling to shows
    I get that the PJ 2022-shows were pre-covid and inflation 2020-priced. So there would be a hike in price.

But I paid alooooot less for Rolling Stones in 2022, Taylor Swift this year and Bruce Springsteen last year. And those acts do not have the fan-friendly guise of Pearl Jam. I paid less to sit at the front row of a Bob Dylan show, and his crowd are well-off SAAB-driving intellectuals looking for a nice night out.
    Calling BS on getting Swift tickets for less than $170 unless you robbed someone 
    If you succeeded in the regular onsale, they were less than that. I have a friend (and fellow Ten Club member) who got face-value tickets to two of the L.A. Eras shows. The first was in the regular onsale; the second was in a ticket drop the week before the shows. The tickets were under $150.
    Exactly, just because they sell for crazy aftermarket prices doesn’t mean you can’t get in for $170. Not sure why but I think the equal pricing that PJ has worked well when the tickets were cheaper. If you had nosebleeds the thought was, oh well they aren’t that much. Now nosebleeds at these prices feels like you’re getting ripped off
  • il vecchioil vecchio Posts: 143
    pjl44 said:
    merlin401 said:
    Two Quick Questions:

1)  If I try to register for tickets using BOTH methods, can I get stuck with two pairs of tickets to the same show?  I would have thought I should ONLY try for Tenclub tickets but I'm seeing people say register for both.  If you get tickets you're auto-charged no matter what methods it seems like.

2) Any strategy if there's two nights in your city but you can only realistically attend one of them?  I can put in for surrounding cities too.  In the past I just put in for as many tickets as I could but at these prices I realistically only want to go to one show.  Tricky. 

Thanks for any feedback!
    1) No. Verified fan will just send you a presale code and you will know whether you hit Ten Club tickets or not and whether you need/want to use it.

2) If your 10C number is good, put in for both. Should be easy to unload the extra pair on TM if you hit both. If your 10C number is bad it's more gamble than strategy 

pjl44 said:
    merlin401 said:
    Two Quick Questions:

1)  If I try to register for tickets using BOTH methods, can I get stuck with two pairs of tickets to the same show?  I would have thought I should ONLY try for Tenclub tickets but I'm seeing people say register for both.  If you get tickets you're auto-charged no matter what methods it seems like.

2) Any strategy if there's two nights in your city but you can only realistically attend one of them?  I can put in for surrounding cities too.  In the past I just put in for as many tickets as I could but at these prices I realistically only want to go to one show.  Tricky. 

Thanks for any feedback!
    1) No. Verified fan will just send you a presale code and you will know whether you hit Ten Club tickets or not and whether you need/want to use it.

2) If your 10C number is good, put in for both. Should be easy to unload the extra pair on TM if you hit both. If your 10C number is bad it's more gamble than strategy

How do you know your 10c number is good, any threshold of numb er or year you know?
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,136
    edited February 13
    Zod said:
    No priority also sounds challenging?  You're probably going to end up with fans that get tickets to a bunch of shows they wanted, while others get completely shutout.   In previous years that seemed to be more from glitches in the system or nuance in priority selection, but this would seem to be enhancing the issues that could result.

Kind of seems like the power of 10c erodes a bit with each passing tour.   Some through how the tickets and lottery have been evolving.  I'm still not sure if Fan2Fan is a good thing or a bad thing.   It makes it easy to ditch tickets you can't use, but I think it makes people sign up for more tickets than they need, so the 10c members that actually use their tickets sit further back than normal (because people bought then tossed their tickets).  In addition PJ Premium also pushes seat locations further back.

I'm hoping my instincts are correct and Vancouver show(s) when there is Seattle shows, tend to have lower demand.  Not like a Seattle concert or a concert in the much more densely populated East coast.

I'm hoping that this is mitigated by:

1) Announcing the full tour at once
    2) Ticket prices
    3) The lack of a GA only option

But I will be inconsolable if I miss Fenway 10C tickets while watching people tap dance about hitting on 12 shows including Fenway 
  • BlueLedbetterBlueLedbetter Posts: 1,292
    Do the euro shows need different entries for each country or all done on one entry ?
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,425
    LizJ said:
    Are we sure that there is still early entry for 10c-members? Might have overlooked it. 
    I really do not see this anywhere, and I wonder really about this.
    GA in NA has early entry but everyone including fan to fan buyers are included and there is only one entry point so it really does not matter. 

Europe is different with the whole floor being GA for some shows like Barcelona. If 10C GA tickets and public GA tickets are equal that is a huge change from the past. 
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    BB24919 said:
    does seniority even matter anymore for seat selection? 
    Yes, for seated 10 Club tickets the seats are still based on seniority in the 10 Club.
    PJNB said:
    LizJ said:
    Are we sure that there is still early entry for 10c-members? Might have overlooked it. 
    I really do not see this anywhere, and I wonder really about this.
    GA in NA has early entry but everyone including fan to fan buyers are included and there is only one entry point so it really does not matter. 

Europe is different with the whole floor being GA for some shows like Barcelona. If 10C GA tickets and public GA tickets are equal that is a huge change from the past. 
    exactly, and I see the specification of GA 10C early entry nowhere. While I remember it for the previous torus.- So this s crazy
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,136
    pjl44 said:
    merlin401 said:
    Two Quick Questions:

Thanks for any feedback!

pjl44 said:
    merlin401 said:
    Two Quick Questions:

Thanks for any feedback!

How do you know your 10c number is good, any threshold of numb er or year you know?
    Others may disagree but by number:

Under 300xxx = Probably sell your tickets fine
    300xxx-500xxx = As long as demand is high you should be ok
    Over 500xxx = Really depends on your seats but risky 
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    merlin401 said:
    Two Quick Questions:

Thanks for any feedback!

pjl44 said:
    merlin401 said:
    Two Quick Questions:

Thanks for any feedback!

Others may disagree but by number:

Under 300xxx = Probably sell your tickets fine
    300xxx-500xxx = As long as demand is high you should be ok
    Over 500xxx = Really depends on your seats but risky 

So the higher the membership number, the newer the member?
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 30,080
    edited February 13
    Did we use this very system but with priorities in 2020?

I have a hard time believing that they got rid of it because of "some fans didn't understand", and removed the social democracy balance of the system and instead made it so that someone now can get all shows, and someone get zero shows...

It just seems like the fanclub tickets is turning into something they want to get rid off. Just like the single and other stuff. And doing it with less care. But maybe I am dumb. I don't understand why I have to go through a spanish ticketmaster site that doesn't wanna turn into english to get fanclub tickets, and I guess a german one for another show...

WHAT HAPPENED WITH TENCLUB BEING A ONE STOP SHOP
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • just_onejust_one Posts: 2,114
    Quick question about ticketmaster Verified sale

If i get a code in lets say email 1 can i use the code on my ticketmaster account that is registered with email 2? 

Hope it makes sense
  • jonbond1779jonbond1779 Posts: 1,637
    edited February 13
    Can someome just confirm.. 

I've registered on the 10c pre sale.  Does that mean I could be assigned seats and not GA or will there be a choice if selected??? 
    "Bring it back, to the clean form. To the pure form"

28/09/04 - Boston, 20/04/06 - London [\\mm//Astoria\\mm//] - 18/06/07 - Wembley Arena, 11/08/09 -  London [\\mm//Shepherds Bush Empire\\mm//],18/08/09 - 02 Arena, 25/06/10 - Hyde Park, 26/06/12 - Amsterdam, 27/06/12 - Amsterdam, 08/07/14 - Leeds,11/07/14 - Milton Keynes, 13/06/18 - Amsterdam, 18/06/18 - London 02 Arena, 17/07/18 - London 02 Arena, 08/08/22 - Hyde Park, 9/08/22 - Hyde Park - 25/08/22 - Amsterdam, 29/07/24 - London {*Tottenham Stadium TBC*}
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Posts: 4,204
    How's the merch lines looking already? 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • KwienekeKwieneke Indiana Posts: 1,537
    JojoRice said:
    Card readers are down. 3 hour delay
    Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
    Chicago 1 9.5.2023. Chicago 2 9.7.2023. 
    *Noblesville 9.10.2023* (Gutted) 
    Seattle 5.30.2024  Noblesville 8.26.2024  Chicago 8.29.2024  Chicago 8.31.2024 
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,391

Bad Request - Request Too Long

I guess the system is overwhelmed?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • just_onejust_one Posts: 2,114
    JojoRice said:
    Im already here (london) there is a 1km queue already 
  • matt84matt84 Posts: 708
    I think I’ll take my chances with the general sale. Only option I’m getting with 10c is ‘GA Pit or Reserved - Standing or Seating’. I’d be pretty bummed if I get tickets but they are seated. I think it’s a joke that you can’t select standing only.
  • BF25394 said:
    tylerj said:
    Hawk123 said:
    Concert tickets have been spiking in price every tour for most big acts, it’s not a gradual increase. I think it’s finally hit my tipping point where I can’t justify travelling to shows
    I get that the PJ 2022-shows were pre-covid and inflation 2020-priced. So there would be a hike in price.

But I paid alooooot less for Rolling Stones in 2022, Taylor Swift this year and Bruce Springsteen last year. And those acts do not have the fan-friendly guise of Pearl Jam. I paid less to sit at the front row of a Bob Dylan show, and his crowd are well-off SAAB-driving intellectuals looking for a nice night out.
    Calling BS on getting Swift tickets for less than $170 unless you robbed someone 
    If you succeeded in the regular onsale, they were less than that. I have a friend (and fellow Ten Club member) who got face-value tickets to two of the L.A. Eras shows. The first was in the regular onsale; the second was in a ticket drop the week before the shows. The tickets were under $150.
    Yeah - I got my ticket in a drop the week before the show, and it was $310 for the lower level. Not cheap, but nowhere near what the resale prices were. Killer show, too.
  • seanclaxseanclax Posts: 546
    Has anybody else had the confirmation email but not had the ticketmaster charge
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,520
    edited February 13
    If they have seniority seating, why have p1 and p2 for roughly the same price? For those with higher club numbers, wouldn’t selecting p2 push them out of the arena? 

This would be a significant change to the old rule of thumb “seniority doesn’t impact whether you get the show you want, just where you sit” unless the p1 and p2 are separate draws?

• EugeneEugene Posts: 124
    seanclax said:
    Why would you have a charge already ?
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,516
    pjl44 said:
    Zod said:
    No priority also sounds challenging?  You're probably going to end up with fans that get tickets to a bunch of shows they wanted, while others get completely shutout.   In previous years that seemed to be more from glitches in the system or nuance in priority selection, but this would seem to be enhancing the issues that could result.

Kind of seems like the power of 10c erodes a bit with each passing tour.   Some through how the tickets and lottery have been evolving.  I'm still not sure if Fan2Fan is a good thing or a bad thing.   It makes it easy to ditch tickets you can't use, but I think it makes people sign up for more tickets than they need, so the 10c members that actually use their tickets sit further back than normal (because people bought then tossed their tickets).  In addition PJ Premium also pushes seat locations further back.

I'm hoping my instincts are correct and Vancouver show(s) when there is Seattle shows, tend to have lower demand.  Not like a Seattle concert or a concert in the much more densely populated East coast.

2) Ticket prices

But I will be inconsolable if I miss Fenway 10C tickets while watching people tap dance about hitting on 12 shows including Fenway 
    Yah the announcing the full tour at once is amazing.   The lack of GA only option I'm not sure if that helps.  It could mean more people put in for tickets, then toss them back in the hat if they don't turn up GA.  I think GA only option is actually better, because it keeps people from buying and reselling unwanted seats.

We're trying to figure out what to do with Vancouver.  We're both 10c members as our a few of our friends.  Do we both pick one of the Vancouver dates.  Do we try to do both under mine which is an older membership.  Do we put in for opposing Vancouver shows, but choose the other Vancouver show as well.   Increasing the odds at good tickets.  That makes me feel dirty on that last option, but technically given I can post tickets back to fan2fan, it's a solid option.

If there's no priority, then conceivably we could end up with two pairs of night 2 tickets and none for night 1.  I think Vancouver will be ok as it's not a great city for folks that like to travel to a bunch of shows (as there aren't other shows to go to, except for the 6 hour drive to Portland) around it.  With Seattle being weeks later you can't really make a combined trip for Vancouver and Seattle.

It's a total headgame.. lol.

• seanclaxseanclax Posts: 546
    Eugene said:
    seanclax said:
    Why would you have a charge already ?
    It said something about taking a small charge to confirm the payment method
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Posts: 4,204
    mcgruff10 said:

Bad Request - Request Too Long

I guess the system is overwhelmed?
    Use a different browser.  Thats what I had to do and it worked fine. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,520
    If they have seniority seating, why have p1 and p2 for roughly the same price? For those with higher club numbers, wouldn’t selecting p2 push them out of the arena? 

This would be a significant change to the old rule of thumb “seniority doesn’t impact whether you get the show you want, just where you sit” unless the p1 and p2 are separate draws?

This seems to be the answer but would impact the seniority system?

Reserved seated tickets are assigned to members based on seniority in the Ten Club within the purchased price level and will start closest to the stage extending back and include seats down on the arena floor.
  • JABKJABK Posts: 347
    Anyone have an idea if the prices are lower when the general sale opens?
  • I am a Red Sox season ticket holder and ten club member. Am I permitted to purchase tickets in both presales for the Fenway shows??? Looks like I have to go through Ticketmaster for both. Don’t want any orders potentially cancelled. 
  • jdopjjdopj Posts: 657
    pjl44 said:
    Zod said:

2) Ticket prices

This is the issue with no seniority. If they had priority you would have zero problems getting Fenway because it’s lumped in with NY/Philly. Now someone will take flier on NY or Philly and get it over someone who would’ve listed as their #1
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,559
    Posted this on the now closed thread so will repost here.

Was hoping to get a little feedback/thoughts on something amidst this chaos. I'm planning on going to the Portland show and taking my 8 year old son to his first show. We've talked about this for a few months, ever since the dates leaked and I gauged his interest on GA vs Seated. He was thinking he'd probably not want to deal with GA since it would mean getting there super early, waiting in lines, on top of being in a sea of adults he might not be able to see over. So I've been thinking we'd just put in for seats to avoid that. But now I'm second guessing myself after having looked at the Portland options. 2 seated tiers plus 1 GA pit. I'd hate for us to get shut out completely. I'm now wondering if I should risk getting GA and having to navigate that with him. Anyone have any thoughts on that or have had experience seeing PJ with your younger kids? It would be such a cool, full circle moment, as I remember my dad took me out of school and drove me up to Seattle in 96 so we could see them for the first time. I have a 412XXX number, if that helps.
    You and your son will be fine in GA. I was there twice last tour and there were plenty of kids. Also you can get a good spot in GA just by getting there when gates open. 
    Gotta know what your kid can tolerate. I thought my 10 year old would be up for standing all night at last fall's show. Even still, no way I was doing GA. By mid set, he was seated and only stood occasionally after that. He was also really tired once the encore started. It's a long night for kids and very over stimulating. They wear down faster than you think. If you choose GA, be prepared to adjust your plans if the little guy starts getting tired. He might also be just fine.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • EBowieEBowie Posts: 532
    I clicked on the "submit" button in the box where we enter our credit card info. for the shows.  Nothing happened though, is that normal?  No confirmation yet...