Options

Dark Matter World Tour 2024

Comments

• Options
    BloodMeridian80BloodMeridian80 Seattle Posts: 631
    Anyone else notice for most of the arena shows there is a center stage piece that jets out ( never seen that for PJ) and two shows in the US have full floors that look to be GA, with "pit" and Floor" 
    Pit = GA
    Floor = Seats

I believe
  • Options
    hadrielia said:
    It would be nice to have some transparency in terms of % of standing tickets going to 10c. at least people could make some informed decisions.. or take back the odds %.. I guess the new way is better to hide TM nasty bussiness
    Yeah, I really liked the old system. It kinda made things fair across the board, and gave everyone a chance to get into some shows as a #1 option. You don’t know what’s going on here/now, but like u said it takes accountability off 10 clubs and puts it on Ticketmaster ☺️
    "This melody, inside of me, still searches for a solution."
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,404
    FlyBono24 said:
    pjl44 said:
    FlyBono24 said:
    pjl44 said:
    merlin401 said:
    Two Quick Questions:

1)  If I try to register for tickets using BOTH methods, can I get stuck with two pairs of tickets to the same show?  I would have thought I should ONLY try for Tenclub tickets but I'm seeing people say register for both.  If you get tickets you're auto-charged no matter what methods it seems like.

2) Any strategy if there's two nights in your city but you can only realistically attend one of them?  I can put in for surrounding cities too.  In the past I just put in for as many tickets as I could but at these prices I realistically only want to go to one show.  Tricky. 

Thanks for any feedback!
    1) No. Verified fan will just send you a presale code and you will know whether you hit Ten Club tickets or not and whether you need/want to use it.

2) If your 10C number is good, put in for both. Should be easy to unload the extra pair on TM if you hit both. If your 10C number is bad it's more gamble than strategy 
    Except (for #2) it says the tickets are non-transferrable and non-sellable...  that's BS
    You can sell them back on Ticketmaster via F2F. You just can't sell/transfer outside of that system.
    Ah ok so just no Stubhub or 3rd party...  TM wants to keep all those reseller fees  :|
    TM doesn't make anything on fan2fan, they get bought and sold at the same price.  I'm still shocked they were willing to create it :)
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,894
    Poncier said:
    BF25394 said:
    Hawk123 said:
    Concert tickets have been spiking in price every tour for most big acts, it’s not a gradual increase. I think it’s finally hit my tipping point where I can’t justify travelling to shows
    I get that the PJ 2022-shows were pre-covid and inflation 2020-priced. So there would be a hike in price.

But I paid alooooot less for Rolling Stones in 2022, Taylor Swift this year and Bruce Springsteen last year. And those acts do not have the fan-friendly guise of Pearl Jam. I paid less to sit at the front row of a Bob Dylan show, and his crowd are well-off SAAB-driving intellectuals looking for a nice night out.
    And the only major artist more fan-friendly than Swift is probably Garth Brooks.
    Robert Smith has entered the chat.
    I'm not getting the Cure reference. Enlighten me.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    il vecchioil vecchio Posts: 143
    pjl44 said:
    FlyBono24 said:
    pjl44 said:
    merlin401 said:
    Two Quick Questions:

1)  If I try to register for tickets using BOTH methods, can I get stuck with two pairs of tickets to the same show?  I would have thought I should ONLY try for Tenclub tickets but I'm seeing people say register for both.  If you get tickets you're auto-charged no matter what methods it seems like.

2) Any strategy if there's two nights in your city but you can only realistically attend one of them?  I can put in for surrounding cities too.  In the past I just put in for as many tickets as I could but at these prices I realistically only want to go to one show.  Tricky. 

Thanks for any feedback!
    1) No. Verified fan will just send you a presale code and you will know whether you hit Ten Club tickets or not and whether you need/want to use it.

2) If your 10C number is good, put in for both. Should be easy to unload the extra pair on TM if you hit both. If your 10C number is bad it's more gamble than strategy 
    Except (for #2) it says the tickets are non-transferrable and non-sellable...  that's BS
    You can sell them back on Ticketmaster via F2F. You just can't sell/transfer outside of that system.
    but there seems to be a catch...

I read "Fans who are unable to use their tickets can sell them through Ticketmaster Resale at the original price paid. However, you must have a valid bank account or debit card in the country of the event(s) to sell your ticket". I think this is a great thing indeed, but Is that confirmed and does anyone have experience with this from the 2022 tour? Just trying to figure out how to re-sell if something happens, since that may mean making a bank account only for that..
  • Options
    BF25394 said:
    Poncier said:
    BF25394 said:
    Hawk123 said:
    Concert tickets have been spiking in price every tour for most big acts, it’s not a gradual increase. I think it’s finally hit my tipping point where I can’t justify travelling to shows
    I get that the PJ 2022-shows were pre-covid and inflation 2020-priced. So there would be a hike in price.

But I paid alooooot less for Rolling Stones in 2022, Taylor Swift this year and Bruce Springsteen last year. And those acts do not have the fan-friendly guise of Pearl Jam. I paid less to sit at the front row of a Bob Dylan show, and his crowd are well-off SAAB-driving intellectuals looking for a nice night out.
    And the only major artist more fan-friendly than Swift is probably Garth Brooks.
    Robert Smith has entered the chat.
    I'm not getting the Cure reference. Enlighten me.
    https://amp.theguardian.com/music/2023/mar/17/the-cures-robert-smith-convinces-ticketmaster-to-refund-unduly-high-fees-after-fan-anger
  • Options
    axeljohan said:
    So no more early entry or did they just forget the info about that?
    I think that is the main question... and no mention at all..
  • Options
    mjd327mjd327 Posts: 146
    Is it fine to go for as many shows as we want? If my first prioritiy is NY I used to be able to say that. I can go to NY and Boston. If I put in NY2, Boston1, Boston 2, will the Boston shows affect my chances of getting NY? Or do I have even chances of everything? It used to be that you basically HAD to put NY2 as your first priority to get it. Without priority will they give me boston1 or boston 2 and then deprioritize me for NY? Or can I safely put in for all 3 and have even chance no matter what other shows I also request? (Besides NY1)
  • Options
    FílexFílex San Sebastian Posts: 25
    hadrielia said:
    Fílex said:

Yeap that looks good
    Thanks!😊
    (2006) Barcelona, Lisboa I & II, Madrid (2007) Lisboa, Madrid, Düsseldorf (2009) Manchester (2010) London, Arras, Bilbao (2012) Arras (2014) Amsterdam I & II (2018) London I, Barcelona, Madrid (2022) Oakland I, Zürich, Frankfurt, London I & II, Paris
  • Options
    craigraethercraigraether Posts: 1,249
    Anyone else notice for most of the arena shows there is a center stage piece that jets out ( never seen that for PJ) and two shows in the US have full floors that look to be GA, with "pit" and Floor" 
    Pit = GA
    Floor = Seats

I believe
    right, take a look at the maps for Seattle and Portland, the Floor is one large block not smaller sections as floor has been setup and is setup in other venues.. leads to suggest that floor for those shows is also GA section behind pit 
  • Options
    hadrielia said:
    It would be nice to have some transparency in terms of % of standing tickets going to 10c. at least people could make some informed decisions.. or take back the odds %.. I guess the new way is better to hide TM nasty bussiness
    Yeah, I really liked the old system. It kinda made things fair across the board, and gave everyone a chance to get into some shows as a #1 option. You don’t know what’s going on here/now, but like u said it takes accountability off 10 clubs and puts it on Ticketmaster ☺️
    No priority and two seating tiers makes it virtually impossible to have any sense of oversight on how TM runs the lottery. It will be interesting to see if there are a bunch of PJ Premium seats in these sections that are being displayed as fan club lotto seats. I guess I hope PJ's contract still has clear guidelines on how many TC seats per show and in what areas, but I don't know why I would believe that.
  • Options
    axeljohan said:
    I've seen this question on many different platforms but seems at this point nobody has the answer. I do wonder. If the 10c tickets don't have the early entry for GA anymore and if they are more expensive than non-10c tickets then why should one buy the 10c tickets? This is a genuine question as someone who never went with the 10c tickets. But apparently this time is quite a different lottery and ticketing system even for 10c veterans
    crazy, this should be the first point they would address in the FAQs and they didn't
  • Options
    NH87NH87 Posts: 29
    Does anyone happen to know what blocks PK2 in Berlin represent? Some digging online suggests potentially B, D and G, but was hoping someone on here might know for sure? Thanks!
    Reading, Aug '06
    London, June '07
    Manchester, Aug '09
    London, Aug '09
    Berlin, June '10
    Manchester, June '12
    Leeds, July '14
    London, June '18
    London, July '18
    Amsterdam, July '22

• Options
    Nharv344Nharv344 Posts: 21
    Didn't get an email when I first requested Ten Club tix. Tried a 2nd time. Took a while until I got confirmation for both. I just saw another from ticketmaster support that the first one was canceled. Do they send a confirmation for the one they charge the $1? 
  • Options
    mjd327mjd327 Posts: 146
    axeljohan said:
    I've seen this question on many different platforms but seems at this point nobody has the answer. I do wonder. If the 10c tickets don't have the early entry for GA anymore and if they are more expensive than non-10c tickets then why should one buy the 10c tickets? This is a genuine question as someone who never went with the 10c tickets. But apparently this time is quite a different lottery and ticketing system even for 10c veterans
    crazy, this should be the first point they would address in the FAQs and they didn't
    Because it guarantees you tickets if you're selected, which is a better chance than going against the general public. 
  • Options
    Ticket prices are high. No doubt about it. But on my end, I find it difficult to complain since I usually pay 4 to 6 times (sometimes higher) more on travelling costs then on the tickets. So I guess I’ll just travel less 

Montreal 98, 00, 03, 05, 11
    Toronto 03, 06, 11
    Ottawa 05, 11
    Quebec 05; Saratoga 00; Boston 04; Toledo 04
    Albany 06; Honolulu 06; Hartford 08
    Costa Rica 11
    London (Ont.), Hartford 13
    Quebec, Fenway 1 + 2 16; London 18
    EV Montreal (2), Berkeley II, Albany, Boston, London (UK)

• Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,894
    tylerj said:
    BF25394 said:
    Hawk123 said:

Taylor Swift and Bruce Springsteen are pretty damned fan-friendly. Springsteen got roasted when he had Premium tickets because everyone expects his tickets to be affordable. And the only major artist more fan-friendly than Swift is probably Garth Brooks.
    Swift fan friendly? Maybe on face value tickets, but if she wanted to avoid young fans opening credit cards to afford tickets, she could implement nontransferable tickets and fan-to-fan. Wouldn't fix the crazy demand, but would avoid $3,000+ third market tickets. 
    Over her entire career, she has gone out of her way to do nice things for her fans. Unprecedented demand for the most recent tour caused a lot of problems, but it doesn't wipe out all of the time and attention she has given her fans for the past 18 years.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,565
    Vedd Hedd said:
    I can't even sign up for 10C tix:

Bad Request - Request Too Long

HTTP Error 400. The size of the request headers is too long.

I was having this issue when my computer was slow.  I switched to a non-chrome browser and got through.  
    It worked through Safari

Thanks everyone! 
    Nice!

I was able to do it just now and it went through this time without getting that Bad Request, but when I did it said I was replacing the one I did over 3 hours ago. I NEVER got a confirmation email for that one.

I'm wonder If I'll actually get a confirmation this time?(we shall see)
  • Options
    merlin401 said:
    Two Quick Questions:

Thanks for any feedback!
    No you won't get two sets of tickets if you put in for both methods. You'll get one or the other...or possibly neither. 
    There is no option for GA only, so they would always default back to a seating option if GA fails. No need to select both options, redundant. 
  • Options
    Pit = GA
    Floor = Seats

I believe
    right, take a look at the maps for Seattle and Portland, the Floor is one large block not smaller sections as floor has been setup and is setup in other venues.. leads to suggest that floor for those shows is also GA section behind pit 
    I just figured the 'floor' is just one big section of seats organized into rows and seat numbers without the smaller sections element. It is a bit unclear, but GA seats on the floor would kind of be hilarious. Who knows.
  • Options
    My credit card is showing a pending payment for £1 AND a pending refund of £1. Is that what everyone else’s shows?
  • Options
    hadrielia said:
    No priority and two seating tiers makes it virtually impossible to have any sense of oversight on how TM runs the lottery. It will be interesting to see if there are a bunch of PJ Premium seats in these sections that are being displayed as fan club lotto seats. I guess I hope PJ's contract still has clear guidelines on how many TC seats per show and in what areas, but I don't know why I would believe that.
    I would imagine they randomly pull entries for each show, match your priorities with what’s available. At least that appears to be the fairest, but with TM u just never know, could be early entries get the priority ? 🤣🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    BlueLedbetterBlueLedbetter Posts: 1,245
    For those who have submitted for multiple countries is it a separate submission on each countries TM sites or a single submission for all ?
  • Options
    fl247556fl247556 Posts: 278
    Are we sure there is early entry for TC tickets ?
    freddie vedder
  • Options
    LS164963LS164963 Las Vegas, NV Posts: 154
    Total request 9 with no priorities 🤞 I am all in!
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,938
    Hawk123 said:

I quit snowboarding and drastically pulled back on playing golf.
    Go to a lot less concerts than I used to, but may need to just stop that all together, too, after seeing these prices (and PJ is on the low end these days)
    Anyone got an ideas for hobbies for non-rich people?
    Surfing. 
  • Options
    FroggieFroggie Cork Posts: 229
    hadrielia said:
    Froggie said:
    Does anyone know what the different seat types mean in Barcelona? It's not very clear. Thanks. 

Uf that's a Bad translation from spanish. You have standing OR seated (pink and blue) and second option is Just seated (Just blue)

Seated could be ANY of the spots in blue (based on priority, so not good)
    Thank you for explaining. 
  • Options
    cifrancgxcifrancgx Columbus, OH USA Posts: 350
    Happy to see the rescheduled Indy show, especially since I have great seats.  I got notified that the tickets in my electronic wallet were updated with the new date (Monday, August 26th).  I will have to schedule a day off work since that is a Monday, but that shouldn't be a problem. I will be driving (again) from Columbus Ohio.
    George

Toledo, OH 1996 | Cuyahoga Falls, OH 1998 | Columbus, OH 2000,2003,2010 | Cleveland, OH 2003,2010 | Kitchener, London, Hamilton, ON 2005 | Pittsburgh 2013 | Cincinnati, OH 2006, 2014 | Lexington, KY 2016 | Indianapolis, IN 2023 (POSTPONED)
  • Options
    sSickmannsSickmann Posts: 35
    edited February 13
    I picked 1 show in Australia and it is telling me to tick that I confirm having picked 2 shows :(((( it is not me it is a site glitch :((((

. . . and says it sent a confirmation (15 mins ago) that I never got.

Pretty poor experience for pledging $600 :((((
    Post edited by sSickmann on
    Brisbane Entertainment Centre - Mar 22, 1995 // Brisbane Entertainment Centre - Mar 14, 1998 // Brisbane Entertainment Centre - Mar 15, 1998 // Shoreline Amphitheatre - Oct 30, 1999 // Wembley Arena - May 29, 2000 // Wembley Arena - May 30, 2000 // Cardiff Arena - Jun 06, 2000 (met Ed) // Paramount Theater, Seattle - Mar 18, 2005 // Brisbane Entertainment Centre - Nov 10, 2006 // Brisbane Entertainment Centre - Nov 11, 2006 // Wuhlheide - Aug 15, 2009 // Hyde Park - June 25,2010 // Bilbao BBK - July 9, 2010 // PJ20 Alpine Valley - Sept 3 & 4, 2011 // Manchester - June 20, 2012 (met wife) // Amsterdam - June 26, 2012 // Prague - July 2, 2012 // Berlin - July 4, 2012 // Stockholm - July 7, 2012 // Oslo - July 9, 2012 // Copenhagen - July 10, 2012 // Philadelphia - October 21, 2013 // Leeds - July 8, 2014 // Prague - July 1, 2018 // Gold Coast - Nov 13, 2024
  • Options
    mjd327 said:
    axeljohan said:
    Because it guarantees you tickets if you're selected, which is a better chance than going against the general public. 
    but the main point, in the past, was that you got the tickets and you entered early. For those willing to go for front rail, that was the whole point of buying through 10c. IF - and I still don't know, and I guess nobody does - there is no early entry, then I rather wait for the general sale so at least I don't risk getting a setaed through the lottery. Hope it makes sense!