Pearl Jam Ruoff Music Center Postponement

Comments

• GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,686
    Again, any illness is a bummer, but I really hope it’s not Ed’s voice, especially after the problems of the euro tour last year. I just think that leads to longer term ramifications if it is. Anyway I shouldn’t speculate. Let’s hope for a quick recovery and everyone’s ok. 
    I hope not as well. But last year they were really open about the vocal cord issues, and about Covid. I am not sure it is either of those things. I guess we will find out when more information becomes available. I just hope that whoever is affected will be ok. That is the most important issue. 
  • mattbel123mattbel123 Posts: 140
    edited September 2023
    This is the same wording that was used when Springsteen postponed shows in March. No info was given on who or what the illness was, there is a thing called HIPAA
    Post edited by mattbel123 on
  • dugsmok said:
    If this is because someone tested positive for what is now a mild common illness I'll be quite pissed. I could totally see it from these guys. 600miles drive and $200 for a hotel room. No guarantee they will ever make it back. 
    Yeah, I would hope they aren’t canceling because of Covid.  If so, they should have stayed in the bubble.
    Why don’t you guys relax with the Covid commentary. You have no idea what it is and who was effected. 
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    We don't know who is sick, we don't know what they have. Speculate away, but none of them care if you don't believe they are sick enough to cancel. 
    Wasn’t suggesting they weren’t sick enough to cancel. We all know how serious this band takes cancellations/postponements. It’s none of my business who is sick or what they have. Just found the wording curious is all. Got me thinking. 
    Some of the COVID commentary is weird. 
    Agreed
  • brianluxbrianlux Posts: 41,613
    Sorry to hear about that folks.  Bummer for the fans, bummer for the band and whoever is ill.
    I was lucky, only ever had one cancellation- CSNY around '69 or '70 at Winterland.  The rescheduled show was amazing so I hope the same happens for you folks.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• killcrop said:
    We were 3 hours into our drive there when we found out from a random guy at a gas station. We had tickets to PJ in Prague last summer. So we are on a good run. Maybe these guys are getting too old for this? Well at least we got to spend the day driving around rural Ohio. 
    Not too old. Just bad luck with the shows recently. The band is healthy, still touring and making good records. 
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,145
    This is the same wording that was used when Springsteen postponed shows in March. No info was given on who or what the illness was, there is a thing called HIPAA
    Lol
  • This was the first band to pause things in 2020 and one of the last big things back in 2021, right? That shows us how serious they took COVID. If they're still that concerned (as is their right), then what the hell are they doing out of the bubble, especially Mike.

I don't think it's COVID.

With that said, as said above, the "this is serious" line is peculiar indeed. What could be serious enough to postpone one show, but not others...but isn't that exactly how the other shows happened? Everyone blamed the insurance policy for that.

Still, if it was COVID, they're not smart for observing a bubble. In fact, the cancelations of 2022 did mention a bubble.

If it's really 2024, oh well...but it's also weird the band didn't mention that.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • CO278952CO278952 Posts: 1,346
    Wishing the band and crew the best and looking forward to the shows once everyone is well!
    4.17.94 Paramount 9.28.96 Randall's Island 8.25.00 Jones Beach 4.28.03 Spectrum 7.5.03 Camden 7.6.03 Camden 07.08.03 MSG 07.09.03 MSG 7.12.03 Hershey 7.14.03 Holmdel 6.12.08 Tampa 10.19.13 Brooklyn 4.11.16 Tampa 5.1.16 MSG 5.2.16 MSG 8.7.16 Fenway 9.2.18 Fenway 9.4.18 Fenway 9.11.22 MSG 9.16.22 Nashville 9.18.23 Austin 9.19.23 Austin 9.3.24 MSG 9.4.24 MSG Fenway 9.15.24 Fenway 9.17.24
  • Y'all go see Janelle Monae tonight for $67 in Indianapolis if you need something to do! I promise you won't be disappointed.
    https://concerts.livenation.com/janelle-monae-the-age-of-pleasure-indianapolis-indiana-09-10-2023/event/05005F03D85A76FA
  • jimjam1982jimjam1982 Posts: 1,398
    Until any rescheduled date comes from the band, nobody knows for sure.

1) The band attempts to reschedule the show for after Texas. Take the emotion out of it. Doesn't this make sense? There's about 10 days between Texas and Ohana. This is all sorts of possible, right?

2) The band attempts to reschedule for 2024. This is also possible.

Once again, until it comes from the band, nobody knows for sure. I highly doubt one person at a venue was authorized to announce anything via social media and not via the venue's website.
    It won't be after texas. Weather is too unreliable in the fall for outdoor venue in this part of the country. Just a logistical nightmare and risk.

It's possible but highly iimprobable. The risk vs Reward doesn't add up.

They also know not all fans can turnaround and book last minute flights / hotels to come back. They would have to fire sale half the tickets at 50% off or more.
  • Didn't Guns 'N Roses postpone their St. Louis show this weekend due to "illness"? No further details in the announcement on who's sick or what they have...
    M.Y.T.H.
  • Yieldman said:
    Didn't Guns 'N Roses postpone their St. Louis show this weekend due to "illness"? No further details in the announcement on who's sick or what they have...
    Correct
  • Sorry for all of the seasonal workers at Rouff who probably aren't getting paid today. 
  • Raleigh, baltimore, indy boat here. Gutted
    so you’re the reason this is all occurring! 
    "..to find the comfort in this world."
  • hihobibohihobibo Posts: 1,083
    My flight is Tuesday morning from Colorado, would love to know whether I'll be heading to Texas for Pearl Jam shows or cancelling flights and air bnbs and eating a bunch of money. I do hope we get an update tomorrow...
    Why eat a bunch of money if the show is canceled? May as well go at that point and  have a good time in a new place. Use the hundreds of dollars in ticket refunds to do other things. 
  • hihobibohihobibo Posts: 1,083
    HIPPA only applies to health care providers. If I tell you I have an illness, you are allowed to tell anyone else you want as long as you aren't a doctor, or health insurer, etc. 
  • I’m curious, how were others notified of the postponement? I received nothing. My buddy and I drove up from Lexington, KY, went to the Colts vs Jags game, and then drove to Ruoff. We didn’t know until we got to Ruoff and saw the billboard. I didn’t get a notification from Ticketmaster or the Fan Club. 
    1996 - Charlotte
    1998 - Indianapolis
    2000 - Dublin, Cincinnati, Chicago
    2003 - Lexington
    2006 - Pittsburgh
    2009 - Chicago
    2010 - St. Louis
    2011 - PJ20 x2
    2012 - Prague
    2013 - Phoenix, San Diego, LA1, LA2
    2014 - Cincinnati
    2016 - Jacksonville, Columbia, Lexington, Boston
    2018 - Amsterdam, Seattle x2
    2022 - Toronto
    2023 - Noblesvillefuck
  • wooderson said:
    I’m curious, how were others notified of the postponement? I received nothing. My buddy and I drove up from Lexington, KY, went to the Colts vs Jags game, and then drove to Ruoff. We didn’t know until we got to Ruoff and saw the billboard. I didn’t get a notification from Ticketmaster or the Fan Club. 
    No notification.   But the venue can call out clutch sizes
  • Sugarloafer04Sugarloafer04 Telluride CO // Brooklyn NY Posts: 453
    hihobibo said:
    My flight is Tuesday morning from Colorado, would love to know whether I'll be heading to Texas for Pearl Jam shows or cancelling flights and air bnbs and eating a bunch of money. I do hope we get an update tomorrow...
    Why eat a bunch of money if the show is canceled? May as well go at that point and  have a good time in a new place. Use the hundreds of dollars in ticket refunds to do other things. 
    Because honestly going to Texas just for fun isn't really calling my name right now. I'd rather save my PTO days I suppose 
    2016: Telluride, CO
    2018: Fenway 1
    2021: Sea.Hear.Now
    2022: San Diego, MSG, Camden 
    2023: Ft. Worth 1, Ft. Worth 2, Austin 1, Austin 2
    2024: Las Vegas 1, Las Vegas 2, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, MSG 1, MSG 2, Philly 2, Fenway 1, Fenway 2
  • Man, first Vegas and now Indy. I’ve got shit luck I guess. I hope the guys get healthy soon but this just adds to the weight of trying to make it to the rescheduled show and actually see them in the future. It’s getting more difficult every damn year to even get tix, as a lot of people can attest to after the ticket lottery. I’ll give it one more shot to cross seeing them from the pit off my bucket list. 
  • deb1211deb1211 Posts: 1,464
    edited September 2023
    Sending well wishes to the band for fast recovery. I know how hard it is for them to make decisions to postpone. Ed has performed super ill before (as im sure the others have as well) so whatever is keeping them from going has to be pretty awful. 
  • The reason people speculate/wonder if it is still about COVID is because of the cancellations in the past having to do with COVID.  Good news though that people wonder why the heck someone would say something about COVID.  Must mean that it is finally behind us.

Like deb said above, someone in the band or their orbit is not well and hopefully gets better soon.  
  • Jcanr20Jcanr20 Illinois Posts: 159
    Just landing in Indy from Seattle.  I’m absolutely heartbroken.
    Sorry, that's a long flight. I feel for ya.
  • BSullyBSully Posts: 1,183
    I was in the merch line for a couple of hours today hanging with some cool fans and I feel bad that they have such a long drive back home after this news.
    I'm less than an hour away, so not terrible for me other than being heartbroken over the postponement and I hope everyone is well enough moving forward.
    1998: Noblesville, IN 08-17
    2000: Noblesville, IN 08-18
    2003: Noblesville, IN 06-22
    2006: Cincinnati, OH 06-24
    2010: Noblesville, IN 05-07
    2016: Lexington, KY 04-26, Wrigley Field 2 08-22
    2018: Wrigley Field 1 08-18, Wrigley Field 2 08-20
    2022: St. Louis, MO 09-18
    2024: Noblesville, IN 08-26, Wrigley Field 1 08-29, Wrigley Field 2 08-31
  • CP218430CP218430 Posts: 1,937
    After Chicago, I was considering the drive. So sorry for those that went. Hope all is well in the band. 
    98: St. Louis. 2000: Alpine. 2003: Chicago. 2006: Chicago Night 2, Milwaukee Night 1. 2007: Chicago (Lolla). 2009: Chicago 1 & 2. 2011: Alpine 1 & 2. 2013: Chicago & LA Night 1. 2016: Chicago 1 & 2. 2018: Chicago 1 & 2. 

"Let the Ocean dissolve away my past."
  • Well wishes to all, of course.

Just got home from my 4-hours-away location in Michigan... Met some really cool people around us, in line, starting around 10:30am... some really cool people that came from a lot further away than we did.  At least it was a pretty gorgeous day outside. But now that we're near showtime, it's even more of a bummer.  
  • B.KutysB.Kutys Posts: 119
    Left early this morning from Huntsville Alabama to drive the 400+ miles to Indy. Got to my hotel, checked in, started heading to the venue and saw the postponement and turned right around and checked out of the hotel. Luckily they didn’t charge me. Hopped in my car and drove the 400 miles back to Huntsville and just now getting home. Disappointing day to say the least 
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,834
    edited September 2023
    B.Kutys said:
    Left early this morning from Huntsville Alabama to drive the 400+ miles to Indy. Got to my hotel, checked in, started heading to the venue and saw the postponement and turned right around and checked out of the hotel. Luckily they didn’t charge me. Hopped in my car and drove the 400 miles back to Huntsville and just now getting home. Disappointing day to say the least 
    Really sucks. 

The band knows there are a ton of travelers for these shows and all tours because of their limited shows.  I am sure they feel bad.
  • Honestly I hope they announce if the FT Worth shows are a go or not as early as possible. I am traveling from CT and have invested a lot of hard earned money for airline, hotels etc. Although i
    wouldn’t mind seeing Texas, I have chosen to
    spend all this money to see PJ ultimately and secondary see Texas. I’m keeping hopeful we get to see this extraordinary band next week! 
  • B.Kutys said:

Lucky you didn’t get a speeding ticket. 

This discussion has been closed.