Options

2023 Eddie Vedder Solo Shows at Benaroya Hall

Comments

• Options
    giventofly69giventofly69 Vancouver Posts: 849
    Entered the draw!
    It's a bit pricey for this Canadian. But it has been too long since I've been able to see Pearl Jam, so I'll happily take what I can get. Fingers crossed.
    "Your light's reflected now, reflected from afar. We were but stones, your light made us stars."
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,283
    We entered too.   We generally try to go down to Washington State at least once a year to stock up on ameristuff (stuff you can buy in the US that you can't buy in Canada).  We were getting pretty close to doing a trip for no reason on the new end of September long weekend.   Having a specific reason to go down is so much better.

Tickets are expensive, but it's also a theatre show.  I have no regrets spending that much on EV and the Earthlings last year.  At least the proceeds are going to a good cause.

Fingers cross.  Both my wife and I lost the EV and the Earthlings lottos last time, and I lost the verifiend fan selection, so originally we only got one ticket for one night when my wife managed to get into verified fan.   Hopefully we do better on this one.  It's a small venue so not many 10c tickets to go around :(
  • Options
    If PJ was playing Seattle or Vancouver I'd easily of chosen PJ over EV solo, but they aren't, so it makes it easy :)   I had a really good time at the solo EV show in Vancouver in 2008, so I'm pretty sure they'll be good shows :)
  • Options
    KwienekeKwieneke Indiana Posts: 1,263
    I’d love to see ed solo. I’m guessing the closest he’d come is Chicago 
    Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
    Chicago 1 9.5.2023. Chicago 2 9.7.2023. 
    *Noblesville 9.10.2023* (Gutted) 
  • Options
    mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,770
    Entered.

Struck out entirely last time for both the lottery and TM verified fan, but TM did a substantial ticketdrop about 1 month before the show.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,149
    Ed in a theater is magic. His show at the Fox is still a top 3 concert for me. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,693
    Saw Eddie solo in Maui in 09. It was incredible. Castle Theatre. One of the best nights of my life. 
  • Options
    Saw Eddie solo in Maui in 09. It was incredible. Castle Theatre. One of the best nights of my life. 
    That is AWESOME! ❤️
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    jh275312jh275312 Posts: 89
    Yep.  It is incredible experience   Disagree with many of these comments. Especially if pj concerts are now 21-22 songs 
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,938
    Those early Ed shows, pre Ukulele Songs, really did feel magical. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    MarieowMarieow San Francisco Posts: 74
    I entered for Tuesday. If I get them, I'll be happy, although it would be a quick up and down to Seattle from San Francisco. I figure if I change my mind, I can also sell them on F2F. It's so soon after the tour, and then after the Mike McCready Will Ferrell event in LA, which I will not miss! 
    San Jose, California (October 30, 1993), San Francisco, California (June 24, 1995), San Jose, California (November 04, 1995), Mountain View, California (October 30, 1999), Mountain View, California (October 31, 2000), Mountain View, California (October 20, 2001), Mountain View, California (October 21, 2001), Mountain View, California (June 01, 2003),San Diego, California (June 05, 2003), Mountain View, California (October 25, 2003), Mountain View, California (October 26, 2003), Kissimmee, Florida (October 08, 2004), San Francisco, California (July 15, 2006), San Francisco, California (July 16, 2006), San Francisco, California (July 18, 2006),  Mountain View, California (October 21, 2006), Mountain View, California (October 22, 2006), San Francisco, California (August 28, 2009), Mountain View, California (October 23, 2010), Mountain View, California (October 24, 2010), Vancouver, British Columbia (September 25, 2011), Oakland, CA (November 26, 2013), Mountain View, CA (October 25, 2014), Mountain View, CA (October 26, 2014), Chicago Night 1 (August 18, 2018), Chicago Night 2 (August 20, 2018), Ohana Festival (September 25, 2021), Ohana Festival (September 26, 2021), Ohana Festival Encore Weekend (October 01, 2021), Ohana Festival Encore Weekend (October 02, 2021), Los Angeles (May 07, 2022), Oakland (May 12, 2022), Oakland (May 13, 2022), Fresno (May 16, 2022), St Paul (August 31, 2023), St Paul (September 02, 2023), Chicago (September 05, 2023), Chicago (September 07, 2023), Ft Worth (September 13, 2023), Ft Worth (September 15, 2023), Austin (September 19, 2023), Austin (September 18, 2023)
  • Options
    JimmyV said:
    Those early Ed shows, pre Ukulele Songs, really did feel magical. 
    Agreed! Though the show I saw in 2011 with both ITW and Uke was stunning. I’ve always loved Ed’s voice (obviously) but it was flooring how it filled the theater. Also, the comedy inbetween songs! If I had the means and time I would get to a Seattle show over seeing the entire band. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    RK50065RK50065 St. Louis, MO Posts: 886
    Ed in a theater is magic. His show at the Fox is still a top 3 concert for me. 
    just wish we got a better poster!
  • Options
    DW183354DW183354 NYC Posts: 130
    edited August 2023
    My wish/hope... these two shows get filmed and a wonderful concert movie gets released. Capture this band while you still can and at an incredible show space. Earthling is a superb record, commemorate the moment. Please. 

And proceeds of the film go to EB research. Emperor Palpatine... "do it!" :)  
    Post edited by DW183354 on
  • Options
    DW183354 said:
    My wish/hope... these two shows get filmed and a wonderful concert movie gets released. Capture this band while you still can and at an incredible show space. Earthling is a superb record, commemorate the moment. Please. 

I don't think they're Earthlings shows?  Seems like it's solo shows like the Into the Wild tour shows?
  • Options
    SSS81SSS81 Posts: 169
    SSS81 said:
    I'm thinking about cancelling my trip to Austin for the 2 shows there, and hitting these EV solo shows. Am I crazy?
    Depends on a couple factors:

1) Do you like Seattle versus Austin?
    2) Have you seen Eddie solo in a theater before?  If not, this may be a neat opportunity.  I think there will be many more opportunities though as Pearl Jam further winds down.  

I would never pick Eddie over Pearl Jam.  I've been lucky to see Ed at least seven times solo and I don't plan on traveling to see Ed solo again.  Pearl Jam is where it is at for me.  
    I appreciate all the advice. Here is a quick update and proof that I might have the best wife ever. 

I discussed my thoughts with her last night. I really don't like leaving her with the kids, it can be overwhelming for two adults. I finished my explanation and she looked at me like I had horns and said, "why don't you try and do both?" 

So, I guess I'm putting in for some EV solo tickets! (fingers crossed)
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,956
    Zod said:
    DW183354 said:

I don't think they're Earthlings shows?  Seems like it's solo shows like the Into the Wild tour shows?

I believe so. Just Ed. 
  • Options

• Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,574
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Very cool. It’s a shame the other four guys couldn’t join him on stage.  
    You mean the 6 other guys? Or do you assume Josh and Matt will be there? 
    Mike, Jeff, Stone and Matt.  It would be cool if Pearl Jam played these shows, not just Ed.  Especially since it's twenty years and a day since the original Benny show.  
    Still feels like it was yesterday.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    I have to imagine if these were PJ shows and not solo shows, the tickets would be impossible to get.   It'd be awesome to see PJ in a theatre, but most of us wouldn't get tickets, and they'd leave money on the table in terms of fundraising for EB.

Still, I wouldn't complain if EV walked out and said he brought a few of his friends to help out, and the other 4 to 6 members of the band took the stage :)
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,673
    Ah, what the hell, why not? 

Threw my name in the LOTTERY for the first time! 
  • Options
    ^ Hope 2 see you there demetrios n zod... I tried for Monday, marieow, so I'll miss ya this time.
  • Options
    Hopefully the odds aren't too unfavourable. It's a 2500 seater. How many does 10c get? if it were half, that 1200 tickets, so 600 pairs per show (give or take depending what allocation 10c gets). 

I'm optimistic as the turnaround to put in for tickets is short, not that many people seem to be talking about the shows, and there's PJ shows this year to distract people from solo shows.  It's also only been a year and half since the last shows EV played there.
  • Options
    Can’t seem to pay, says declined 
    "This melody, inside of me, still searches for a solution."
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,278
    Zod said:
    Hopefully the odds aren't too unfavourable. It's a 2500 seater. How many does 10c get? if it were half, that 1200 tickets, so 600 pairs per show (give or take depending what allocation 10c gets). 

I'm optimistic as the turnaround to put in for tickets is short, not that many people seem to be talking about the shows, and there's PJ shows this year to distract people from solo shows.  It's also only been a year and half since the last shows EV played there.
    Well I just increased everyone else’s odds by cancelling my request.  On the heels of the PJ tour, with the cost of flights, the high ticket prices (albeit for a good cause), jet lag, already a vacation day deficit, and having seen his show at Innings and other times, I’ll have to sit this one out.  If it were on a weekend or on the east coast or even Midwest it would be a different story.  Good luck to all.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    tish said:
    ^ Hope 2 see you there demetrios n zod... I tried for Monday, marieow, so I'll miss ya this time.
    Crossing fingers we all score tickets. 
  • Options
    -The lottery is rigged????!!!

Will miss you there this time ratherstarved, but I'm glad I met you for the gigaton Pearl Jam Encore. You were such a gentleman to walk us to the show!

I wonder what my little one would think of an intimate solo show???
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,278
    tish said:
    -The lottery is rigged????!!!

Will miss you there this time ratherstarved, but I'm glad I met you for the gigaton Pearl Jam Encore. You were such a gentleman to walk us to the show!

I wonder what my little one would think of an intimate solo show???
    She would love it.  I wish I was a west coaster for this one but no such luck.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    Can’t seem to pay, says declined 
    Call your credit card company! you have half an hour :)