Options

2023 Eddie Vedder Solo Shows at Benaroya Hall

Comments

• Options
    jomaryjomary Posts: 410
    Seems like the old saying “if you can’t beat ‘em, join’em” applies here….$$$
    Raleigh, NC 8-18-92
    Missoula, MT 9-30-12, EV Dallas, TX 11-15-12, EV San Antonio 11-16-12
    London, ONT 7-16-13 - Wrigley Field 7-19-13
    Charlotte 10-30-13, Dallas 11-15-13, OKC 11-16-13, Seattle 12-6-13
    Tulsa 10-8-14, Lincoln 10-9-14, St. Paul 10-19-14, Milwaukee 10-20-14
    NYC 9-26-15
    Ft Lauderdale 4-8-16, Miami 4-9-16, Tampa 4-11-16, Jacksonville 4-13-16, Pemberton 7-17-16,Wrigley 8-20-16 and 8-22-16
    Seattle 8-8-18; 8-10-18, Missoula 8-13-18
    Earthlings 2022:  Seattle 2-21-222 and 2-22-22, Los Angeles 2-25-22
    EV Coeur d’Alene 7-28-23, St Paul 8-31-23 and 9-2-23, Ft Worth 9-13-23 and 9-15-23, EV Seattle 10-23-23 and 10-24-23

• Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,439
    Pretty shitty paid 10c members get denied so they can sell $600 3rd tier platinum seats 
    In the alternative scenario the platinum tickets still exist but now you're fighting bots for the rest
  • Options
    shorty4568shorty4568 Seattle, WA Posts: 176
    pjl44 said:
    Pretty shitty paid 10c members get denied so they can sell $600 3rd tier platinum seats 
    In the alternative scenario the platinum tickets still exist but now you're fighting bots for the rest
    Or they allot enough tickets to meet 10c demand before the general sale 
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,400
    pjl44 said:
    what if that exceeded the size of the venue?  I've never heard of entire concerts being fan club only.  also this ones for charity, so it technically results in less $$ for the charity.
  • Options
    Zod said:
    pjl44 said:
    what if that exceeded the size of the venue?  I've never heard of entire concerts being fan club only.  also this ones for charity, so it technically results in less $$ for the charity.
    Typically if demand is that high, the artist will add additional dates. 
  • Options
    I got a secondary/waitlist code for Tuesday...checked about 45 minutes after it was sent to me (11:45PST) and there were only a handful of tickets left...$750 per ticket is a little rich for my blood.  While I would typically light the torches and sharpen the pitchforks to skewer TM for the platinum pricing...I think that these tickets are a way to raise money for the charity...I can't get my nose too far out of joint in this instance.
  • Options
    Zod said:
    pjl44 said:
    sometimes.  usually if an artist announces 2 shows in the same town, it's not often there's a 3rd they gets announced.  Usually when extra dates get announced its premeditated.  They announce 1, it sells out the install put the 2nd on sale.   Some artists do a 3rd, but it's rare.  I'm guessing Taylor Swift might be one of those exceptions?

There's plenty of times two shows sell out and artists don't do a 3rd.  Or 1 sells out and they don't do a 2nd.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,906
    edited August 2023
    I got a secondary/waitlist code for Tuesday...checked about 45 minutes after it was sent to me (11:45PST) and there were only a handful of tickets left...$750 per ticket is a little rich for my blood.  While I would typically light the torches and sharpen the pitchforks to skewer TM for the platinum pricing...I think that these tickets are a way to raise money for the charity...I can't get my nose too far out of joint in this instance.

Where are the $750 tickets? For both nights?

We are tempted but guess they will sell out as we didn't win any TenClub tickets or get picked on Verified Fans.

jomary said:
    there appear to be a lot of “EV Premium” tix which need another unlock code which are very nice front 3rd, 4th row tickets between $800-900 a ticket….

Another unlock code? hmm ...

Post edited by demetrios on
  • Options
    Zod said:
    Zod said:
    pjl44 said:
    sometimes.  usually if an artist announces 2 shows in the same town, it's not often there's a 3rd they gets announced.  Usually when extra dates get announced its premeditated.  They announce 1, it sells out the install put the 2nd on sale.   Some artists do a 3rd, but it's rare.  I'm guessing Taylor Swift might be one of those exceptions?

There's plenty of times two shows sell out and artists don't do a 3rd.  Or 1 sells out and they don't do a 2nd.
    Point is there wasn't enough tickets to meet demand before the show even went on sale to the general public. Its just poor execution
  • Options
    demetrios said:

We are tempted but guess they will sell out as we didn't win any TenClub tickets or get picked on Verified Fans.

jomary said:
    there appear to be a lot of “EV Premium” tix which need another unlock code which are very nice front 3rd, 4th row tickets between $800-900 a ticket….

No, that is a single ticket for one night premium pricing. The tickets are still locked behind the VF wall. 
  • Options
    Zod said:
    Zod said:
    pjl44 said:

Point is there wasn't enough tickets to meet demand before the show even went on sale to the general public. Its just poor execution
    I agree with the latter point.  Not sure how it could of been executed better.  A bunch of tickets reserved for the big charity donations, a bunch went to 10c, a handful on the the verified fan sales, and apparently 10% for platinum.

The only thing they could of done different is maybe mention how much percentage they reserved for the big charity donations.    

I agree the major point is supply seems to be much lower than demand :(
  • Options
    Zod said:
    Zod said:
    Zod said:
    pjl44 said:

I agree with the latter point.  Not sure how it could of been executed better.  A bunch of tickets reserved for the big charity donations, a bunch went to 10c, a handful on the the verified fan sales, and apparently 10% for platinum.

The only thing they could of done different is maybe mention how much percentage they reserved for the big charity donations.    

Either play a larger venue or more nights. No reason paid 10c members should get shut out on these or any EV or PJ show so they can have random VF code and platinum pricing. 
  • Options
    demetrios said:

jomary said:

No, that is a single ticket for one night premium pricing. The tickets are still locked behind the VF wall. 
    you are correct @shorty4568.  $1500 (plus fees?) for the pair
  • Options
    Zod said:
    Zod said:
    Zod said:
    pjl44 said:

I think that, because this is essentially a charity event, that all suppositions have to be curtailed.  The end result is that they are trying to make as much money for the charity as possible--that isn't done by allowing all Ten Club members access at the "standard" cost.  I get it...if they did one night at Key Arena (does that even still exist?) they could have made as much or more--with a commensurate amount of headache and hassle.  I just can't generate any ill will for something that is a one-off for charity...I think we're lucky to have had a shot at all-I would have loved to have witnessed the show...but understand 
  • Options
    jomaryjomary Posts: 410
    I am all for giving to charity but color me suspicious of Ticketmaster’s “handling fees” anytime they are associated with anything….

I’ve just seen too much accounting lately on the management of charitable events to not be jaded.
    Raleigh, NC 8-18-92
    Missoula, MT 9-30-12, EV Dallas, TX 11-15-12, EV San Antonio 11-16-12
    London, ONT 7-16-13 - Wrigley Field 7-19-13
    Charlotte 10-30-13, Dallas 11-15-13, OKC 11-16-13, Seattle 12-6-13
    Tulsa 10-8-14, Lincoln 10-9-14, St. Paul 10-19-14, Milwaukee 10-20-14
    NYC 9-26-15
    Ft Lauderdale 4-8-16, Miami 4-9-16, Tampa 4-11-16, Jacksonville 4-13-16, Pemberton 7-17-16,Wrigley 8-20-16 and 8-22-16
    Seattle 8-8-18; 8-10-18, Missoula 8-13-18
    Earthlings 2022:  Seattle 2-21-222 and 2-22-22, Los Angeles 2-25-22
    EV Coeur d’Alene 7-28-23, St Paul 8-31-23 and 9-2-23, Ft Worth 9-13-23 and 9-15-23, EV Seattle 10-23-23 and 10-24-23

• Options
    Zod said:
    Zod said:
    Zod said:
    pjl44 said:

Either play a larger venue or more nights. No reason paid 10c members should get shut out on these or any EV or PJ show so they can have random VF code and platinum pricing. 
    I guess.  I mean people get shut out of PJ shows all the time from 10c tickets, and these aren't even PJ shows.  I don't think the band or EV has on obligation to play as much as we want them too.. lol.    Half the problem is they don't seem to like touring very much, so the demand often outstrips the supply.

I'll concede the 2nd point.  It's possible they could of made more for charity if was a larger venue.  Might of left some cash for EB on the table.

I kind of like that with the 2018 PJ Tour.   It wasn't a big tour, but it was big venues.  Went to Seattle and it seemed like everyone who wanted tickets got them.   Playing small venues when you're more popular than that, definitely causes issues.
  • Options
    mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,819
    It's a charity event before a concert. It's not a show to cater or meet the supply of his fan base. It's primarily to bring in $$$ for EB Research.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    It's a charity event before a concert. It's not a show to cater or meet the supply of his fan base. It's primarily to bring in $$$ for EB Research.
    Oh! I forgot they don't allow in larger venues. My bad 
  • Options
    mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,819
    Apology accepted 
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,526
    Zod said:
    Zod said:
    Zod said:
    pjl44 said:

I get it...if they did one night at Key Arena (does that even still exist?)
    They renovated it to unleash the Kraken...it's now Climate Pledge Arena.

• Options
    Pick up a guitar, play where you want, charge what you want.
  • Options
    You're a customer, not a sultan
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    You're a customer, not a sultan
    Just keep caping bro
  • Options
    Any chance of a third show? Seems like it could sell out fairly easily. 
    "This melody, inside of me, still searches for a solution."
  • Options
    I doubt it.  With small venues, I imagine he or PJ could play 5 shows and they'd probably sell.   

I am wondering when fan2fan might open.   Given they aren't currently trying to sell platinum tickets would be great for fans to blow out tickets they changed their minds on (so I can scoop them up) :)
  • Options
    Zod said:
    I doubt it.  With small venues, I imagine he or PJ could play 5 shows and they'd probably sell.   

I am wondering when fan2fan might open.   Given they aren't currently trying to sell platinum tickets would be great for fans to blow out tickets they changed their minds on (so I can scoop them up) :)
    I like your thinking Zod....
  • Options
    The problem with this statement is the same thing happens during regular Pearl Jam shows.  Plenty of people were shut out of Austin yet there seems to be an endless supply of PJ Premium tickets available
    Gorge
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,998
    The problem with this statement is the same thing happens during regular Pearl Jam shows.  Plenty of people were shut out of Austin yet there seems to be an endless supply of PJ Premium tickets available
    You are both right. These two charity shows are bad examples of the problem, but the problem very much exists. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,510

This is correct.
  • Options
    THETONYCLIFTONTHETONYCLIFTON SAN LUIS OBISPO Posts: 153
    If we are saying this is Eddie solo and no Earthlings I’ll easily pay $500 a ticket for charity! Hell, it’s a write off! 
    "..to find the comfort in this world."