Options

2023 Eddie Vedder Solo Shows at Benaroya Hall

Comments

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,400
    You can do that in the US, but a charity concert ticket and write it off?  That's amazing.   I don't think I can do that here in Canada (I don't believe a contribution slip gets generated which is what we need here to claim a charitable donation).

I have noticed they've started posting platinums, and they are moving, and they post more when they sell out (so normal platinum stuff).   Maybe there's hope for affordable tickets closer to the show dates.
  • Options
    Do we know when Fan2Fan will open for these shows?
  • Options
    if you go to filters, "face value ticket exchange" is available, but there are never tickets in that category. 
  • Options
    BloodMeridian80BloodMeridian80 Seattle Posts: 628
    I’m betting f2f will be very limited for these shows, maybe a few during the days leading up to show.
  • Options
    I’m betting f2f will be very limited for these shows, maybe a few during the days leading up to show.
    so your saying that I shouldn't be refreshing hundred times a day? hahaha
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    if you go to filters, "face value ticket exchange" is available, but there are never tickets in that category. 
    I don't think it's active. I have tickets for the 2nd show, and I keep clicking on the sell button (just to see if it's active yet).   I get this:

Resale for this event has not been turned on by the Event Organizer

I don't think it's actually turned on yet. They're also starting to try to sell platinum tickets, so if it's anything like the PJ shows or last year EV shows, they might wait a while to try and sell more platinum tickets.   Not that I think that many actually went to 10c or the general public, so I'm not sure how many will show up when it does open up.

edit: I'm not trying to sell my night 2 tickets, I was just trying the feature so I'd know when verified fan was open, so I could keep an eye out for night 1 tickets :)
    Post edited by Zod on
  • Options
    THETONYCLIFTONTHETONYCLIFTON SAN LUIS OBISPO Posts: 153
    I’m looking for pairs for both nights and can pay $500each if anyone has anything available. 
    "..to find the comfort in this world."
  • Options
    Sinnamin_GrrlSinnamin_Grrl Charlotte, NC Posts: 68
    This was SUCH a bad idea.  All it did was drive up the price.  I get the desire to stave off scalpers but coooome on.... $1800 tix... WTF.
    Chicago, IL Aug 20'16
    Columbia, SC Apr 21'16
    Greenville, SC Apr 16'16
    Mexico City, MEX Nov 28'15
    Denver, CO Oct 22'14
    St. Paul, MN Oct 19'14
    Chicago, IL (Wrigley) Jul 19'13
    London, ON Canada Jul 16 '13
    Winnipeg, MB Sep 17 '11
    East Troy, WI (Alpine Valley) on Sep 4 '11 & Sep 5'11
    Philly PA (Spectrum) Oct 30 '09
    Vancouver, BC Canada Sep 25'09
    (Eddie Vedder Solo) Van BC Apr 2'08
    George WA (The Gorge) Jul 22'06
    George WA (The Gorge) Jul 23'06
    Vancouver, BC Canada Sep 2'05
    Vancouver, BC Canada July 19'98
    Gimli, MB Canada (SUNFEST) - Aug 14'93
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Yah, there's not much moving for tickets.  They've posted small amounts of Platinum tickets for $800/each a few times, but not that many.  They've been getting bought up.   Seems like they're still holding onto a bunch for sponsership promos that might trickle down to platinum later on (and face value if they don't sell as platinum).   These shows seem way way harder to get tickets too than last years shows (most likely because covid was more a thing last feb).

Fingers crossed that I can snag a pair for night 1 before the show.

I'm also surprised they don't turn on verified fan if there's no platinum tickets.  Why not let people blow out the tickets they don't want if there's no competing tickets right now.  Would love to scoop up some n1 tickets :)

Also, where I don't get the $1800 thing.  I haven't seen any $1800 tickets yet? And what drove them up to that?
    Post edited by Zod on
  • Options

Please tell me they will be cheaper next month…
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,893
    Zod said:
    You can do that in the US, but a charity concert ticket and write it off?  That's amazing.   I don't think I can do that here in Canada (I don't believe a contribution slip gets generated which is what we need here to claim a charitable donation).

You cannot legally deduct the cost of a ticket to a charitable event under U.S. tax law.* If someone deducted money they spent on tickets to these shows from their 2023 income and they were audited by state or federal tax authorities, the deduction would be disallowed.

*Except to the extent that you received nothing of tangible value in return for the donation, but that exception would not apply to these tickets. 
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    giventofly69giventofly69 Vancouver Posts: 849
    For those of you who got tickets through the fan club sale, have you been able to view /download your tickets? I'm still getting a message "There is a delivery delay on this event. Please check the Event Detail  Page for info one when the delay will be lifted ...".

But I don't see any info / details on the event page on when the delay will be lifted.

Just wondering if I need to follow up, or if this is the same for everyone.  Thanks in advance.
    "Your light's reflected now, reflected from afar. We were but stones, your light made us stars."
  • Options
    shorty4568shorty4568 Seattle, WA Posts: 176
    For those of you who got tickets through the fan club sale, have you been able to view /download your tickets? I'm still getting a message "There is a delivery delay on this event. Please check the Event Detail  Page for info one when the delay will be lifted ...".

But I don't see any info / details on the event page on when the delay will be lifted.

Just wondering if I need to follow up, or if this is the same for everyone.  Thanks in advance.
    Yep, if you view the ticket on mobile you'll see a countdown. Right now it shows about 25 days left until you can view the ticket.
  • Options
    giventofly69giventofly69 Vancouver Posts: 849

Yep, if you view the ticket on mobile you'll see a countdown. Right now it shows about 25 days left until you can view the ticket.
    Thank you. 😊
    "Your light's reflected now, reflected from afar. We were but stones, your light made us stars."
  • Options

I'm not sure.  I'm finding it hard to gauge these shows.   Barely any platinum tickets have been posted, those that did got gobbled up at almost $800 ticket over a few days.  At the same time it didn't seem like that many fans obtained tickets either.  They do have the sponsorship program where you donated a large amount of money and a bunch of tickets comes with it.  They were still offering those in the last 10c update, so I'm not sure how many tickets are reserved for that, and if those come from the platinum allocation, or if they're a separate allocation.

It's pretty crazy that there aren't platinum tickets up most of the time.    Usually the goal is to trickle those out and leave them posted to get higher amounts for tickets (and an attractive option vs. scalped tickets).  Seeing it be almost deadsville for them seems a bit off.

They also haven't turned on fan2fan, so we don't know if there are many fans who changed their minds or can't go.

I'm definitely questioning my ability to score a pair for the 1st night.   Maybe these shows are in way more demand than last year, or maybe it's that the amount sold to the public was much smaller than last years shows.

The sad part is, the really only hope, is that the held tickets don't get sold as platinum or in those sponsorship packages, of which the show is only a month away, so I'm not sure how long they give it until those start getting listed for sale.  If they don't sell them, could be good for us as maybe we'll get last minute face value tickets, but that's less revenue for EB research.

I guess it's a whole lot of, who knows right now.   I wonder what we'll do on the Monday night if we can't get a pair.

• Options
    thunderrd34thunderrd34 Brooklyn, N.Y. Posts: 20
    edited September 2023
    Zod said:

I'm not sure.  I'm finding it hard to gauge these shows.   Barely any platinum tickets have been posted, those that did got gobbled up at almost $800 ticket over a few days.  At the same time it didn't seem like that many fans obtained tickets either.  They do have the sponsorship program where you donated a large amount of money and a bunch of tickets comes with it.  They were still offering those in the last 10c update, so I'm not sure how many tickets are reserved for that, and if those come from the platinum allocation, or if they're a separate allocation.

It's pretty crazy that there aren't platinum tickets up most of the time.    Usually the goal is to trickle those out and leave them posted to get higher amounts for tickets (and an attractive option vs. scalped tickets).  Seeing it be almost deadsville for them seems a bit off.

They also haven't turned on fan2fan, so we don't know if there are many fans who changed their minds or can't go.

I'm definitely questioning my ability to score a pair for the 1st night.   Maybe these shows are in way more demand than last year, or maybe it's that the amount sold to the public was much smaller than last years shows.

The sad part is, the really only hope, is that the held tickets don't get sold as platinum or in those sponsorship packages, of which the show is only a month away, so I'm not sure how long they give it until those start getting listed for sale.  If they don't sell them, could be good for us as maybe we'll get last minute face value tickets, but that's less revenue for EB research.

I guess it's a whole lot of, who knows right now.   I wonder what we'll do on the Monday night if we can't get a pair.

I personally think they will not be able to sell anywhere near all the sponsorship program tickets and eventually we see entire rows in the lower single letters released by early-ish October.  There is probably a deadline for purchasing those blocks.  Probably for platinum price at first and then going down and down like the Earthlings original run show tickets did. I also think more regular platinum tickets (ie, tix originally allocated for platinum, not sponsorship) are coming soon. In the end, I think we are even likely to see a few regular price tickets and that is in addition to the fan to fan tickets for back orchestra and balconies that those who cannot go will sell. I made my travel plans without tix but have no concerns about availability in the end (although I am admittedly willing to pay platinum for great seats close to the stage).
  • Options
    Zod said:

I personally think they will not be able to sell anywhere near all the sponsorship program tickets and eventually we see entire rows in the lower single letters released by early-ish October.  There is probably a deadline for purchasing those blocks.  Probably for platinum price at first and then going down and down like the Earthlings original run show tickets did. I also think more regular platinum tickets (ie, tix originally allocated for platinum, not sponsorship) are coming soon. In the end, I think we are even likely to see a few regular price tickets and that is in addition to the fan to fan tickets for back orchestra and balconies that those who cannot go will sell. I made my travel plans without tix but have no concerns about availability in the end (although I am admittedly willing to pay platinum for great seats close to the stage).
    Thanks, you're giving me hope.   The longer the wait to trying sell the unsold tickets, the harder it is for out of towners to make last second plans to go, so that could benefit people like us that made plans to be there, or locals.    This whole waiting until the last second thing still feels odd to me :)

I wonder when they'll open up Fan2Fan.   i'm surprised they don't do it now, let fans that can't make it blow them out, so they don't compete against the other tickets when they start to drop.
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Yeah Zod, waiting until the last second is unfortunately the name of the game in the ticket buying world these days so we can get used to it or just be mad about it. TM's model is not to achieve instant sellouts like they used to. The strategy is platinum/dynamic pricing, and trickle out tickets as they go. At least with PJ and EV, we have the fan club seats in the first instance, and then fan to fan sale element, both of which gives us the opportunity to buy tickets at cost (whatever that cost may be). This means that in many cases we have to make travel plans first and get tix later. Does not bother me to do it that way at all but I know its mentally difficult for some who need to have all their plans set first before committing to any travel. It is for this reason I always have cancellable (in credit) flights and no penalty cancel hotels. Never prepay for anything in terms of hotels.

For Benaroya, I think it will work out fine for those who have patience and willing to pay a reasonable premium if need be (not the 2K for a crappy seat currently on StubHub).
    Post edited by thunderrd34 on
  • Options
    Yeah Zod, waiting until the last second is unfortunately the name of the game in the ticket buying world these days so we can get used to it or just be mad about it. TM's model is not to achieve instant sellouts like they used to. The strategy is platinum/dynamic pricing, and trickle out tickets as they go. At least with PJ and EV, we have the fan club seats in the first instance, and then fan to fan sale element, both of which gives us the opportunity to buy tickets at cost (whatever that cost may be). This means that in many cases we have to make travel plans first and get tix later. Does not bother me to do it that way at all but I know its mentally difficult for some who need to have all their plans set first before committing to any travel. It is for this reason I always have cancellable (in credit) flights and no penalty cancel hotels. Never prepay for anything in terms of hotels.

For Benaroya, I think it will work out fine for those who have patience and willing to pay a reasonable premium if need be (not the 2K for a crappy seat currently on StubHub).
    The only question is whether for these charity events TM is taking the same approach.  Probably, but we don’t really know.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    edited September 2023

The only question is whether for these charity events TM is taking the same approach.  Probably, but we don’t really know.  
    I totally agree - we don't know about this special event.  I just find it very hard to believe that all those sponsorship tickets in the single letter orchestra will be sold at those astronomical prices - I'd be shocked if a whole bunch of them don't end up being sold as platinum, and I'd bet the farm that additional "regular" platinum (ie, tix originally allocated as platinum) will also be released. For them just to release platinum at the very start but then not again is just not standard procedure for TM. But we shall see soon enough...
  • Options
    edited September 2023
    Yah, I suppose to me, these particular shows feel different than other shows.   Most other shows that use platinum tickets, the goal is drip them out to make it look like there aren't many for sale, but the drip them out the entire time, so there's always some on sale, then blowout whatever's left near the show date at face value (if demand wasn't high enough to sell them).  If you wait until too close to the show date to dump all the platinum tickets, that's great for us, but doesn't maximize revenue.

I've just found it weird that not many fans seem to acquire tickets, and the platinum tickets released thus far have been more limited than any other concert I've looked at.  Shows that use platinum never not have them up for sale.

Fingers crossed though.  Maybe it means they're sitting on a mound of unsold tickets.   On the flip side it's possible the charitable aspect of the show has left a lot less for sale then a regular show.  Fingers cross that this all works in our favour :)

I am nostalgic for the old school first come first serve method of tickets.   All the nuance of modern ticket sales is challenging :)
    Post edited by Zod on
  • Options
    There are a few standard tickets available on TicketMaster.
  • Options
    Yep just grabbed 2 for Monday in Founders Tier Row D, 373 total for 2 tickets.  Not great seats but at least am in and now will look to upgrade.
  • Options
    Yah, thanks to a 10c'er messaging me, I got a pair for night one in the middle balcony level.   Not the greatest tickets, but I'm in the door for night 1.   I suppose I can always try to upgrade down the road, but at least we won't be sitting in Seattle without tickets if this event ends up being tight on tickets.  Feel pretty lucky to have face value tickets for both nights.
  • Options
    Thanks for the heads up - grabbed one for night 2
  • Options
    Got 2 more for Tuesday.  In for both!  
  • Options
    Think they will have EV merch for these shows?  Just saw the EV Ohana merch and looks pretty awesome (poster, tees, hoodies etc)
  • Options
    Think they will have EV merch for these shows?  Just saw the EV Ohana merch and looks pretty awesome (poster, tees, hoodies etc)

I don't see why not.  Some of the Ohana merch (shirts) also show the seattle shows, and they had merch last year at the Earthlings shows.
  • Options
    They will not miss an opportunity to sell merch.  In this case, I assume some of the proceeds are for the cause.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    Yea, if you see the back of Ohana hoodie it says Seattle on it also. Def want to get that hoodie in Seattle! 

I really appreciate everyone’s insight and hope for tickets showing up reasonably priced. I’m looking to take a work friend and we’ve been put through the ringer since August (60-80 hour weeks standard) and this concert is my thank you to her but of course  tickets are  proving to be difficult, but these posts are giving me much hope as we have 25 days left to make this happen. I’m flying in for this as it’s really the only thing I’m doing in my life other than work. We work at a world wide tutoring company so it’s full tilt boogie until December but this show is gonna be so special and I really miss the old tours with Eddie and it’s just all those guitars, ukes, mandolins, and he was the whole show, and I play acoustic guitar so his shows are like a clinic, I play for 40 minutes and my fingers are hurting and voice feels strained and he’s going at it 2+ hours and sounding phenomenal. I know it takes a lot to put that on, and Ive seen Eddie either solo or Earthlings at Benaroya and it always feels magical. 

Sorry rambling so in conclusion: Anyone looking to get rid of a pair due to upgrading or whatever in this crazy world happens, please please let me know! We just wanna be in the building, but ideally those Lincoln box seats anywhere on either side.  Sat there in 2011 and had my binoculars to see his finger action. That pinky work he does is so fluid.