Official 2023 Ticket Lottery Results Thread

Comments

• bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,945
    One more.  This might make it slightly easier to tell who the band is (doubtful), although if the seats weren’t in another galaxy it’s one of the most recognizable bands on Earth.  I’m getting dizzy just looking at these again, but we had killer views of the Bulls and Hawks championship banners at least. 

• wsimon74wsimon74 Posts: 503
    Well, it's nice to know that the Live Nation CEO's and the like have a grasp of reality (Sarcasm intended), particularly after seeing the Platinum pricing .... Good lord, talk about being out of touch. 

“It’s a magic moment, maybe twice a year — way cheaper than Disneyland, or the Super Bowl, or the NFL or the NBA playoffs, or an expensive night out. So it’s really cheap overall, considering. This is a great, great product that people will buy, as they’re gonna buy the Gucci bag. They’re gonna buy moments in life where they will step up, and spoil themselves — the big screen TV and or whatever it may be. This is a business where we can charge a bit more. I’m not saying excessively, but it’s a great two-hour performance of a lifetime, that happens once every three, four years in that market. You don’t have to under-price yourself: low- to middle-income [people] will make their way to that arena for that special night.”

~ Michael Rapino, CEO Live Nation regarding Platinum pricing. (Emphasis Added.)  

(I would like to have a showing of hands here of people who believe 800-1200 for a concert is "really cheap overall?") 
  • kaw753kaw753 Posts: 820
    bbiggs said:
    One more.  This might make it slightly easier to tell who the band is (doubtful), although if the seats weren’t in another galaxy it’s one of the most recognizable bands on Earth.  I’m getting dizzy just looking at these again, but we had killer views of the Bulls and Hawks championship banners at least. 

Rusty Larue on one of the Bulls banners as the greatest right place, right time guy ever. Dude must just wear the ring everywhere..
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,382
    bbiggs said:
    For anyone wondering what the view from the 300s looks like at the UC, here it is.  Bonus points for anyone that can name the band on stage without a 100x zoom…

At least you are in the building.  NKOTB?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    mcgruff10 said:
    bbiggs said:
    For anyone wondering what the view from the 300s looks like at the UC, here it is.  Bonus points for anyone that can name the band on stage without a 100x zoom…

At least you are in the building.  NKOTB?
    Close.  I was more of a Backstreet Boys fan. 

• Max PowerMax Power Posts: 19
    I’ve attended hundreds of events at the UC and had seats almost exclusively in the 300 level. My take is the first five rows are good (if you’re at mid court) to fine (behind the basket). After about row ten it gets to feel pretty far away. That said,, my first PJ show was 1998 at the UC and I was in one of the last rows (so row 20+) at the back of the 300 level. It was one of the great concert experiences I’ve ever had. Granted, it didn’t cost $162/seat. :) 
  • mattcozmattcoz Posts: 2,202
    Max Power said:
    I’ve attended hundreds of events at the UC and had seats almost exclusively in the 300 level. My take is the first five rows are good (if you’re at mid court) to fine (behind the basket). After about row ten it gets to feel pretty far away. That said,, my first PJ show was 1998 at the UC and I was in one of the last rows (so row 20+) at the back of the 300 level. It was one of the great concert experiences I’ve ever had. Granted, it didn’t cost $162/seat. :) 
    I won suite tickets for a show once, not realizing they were way at the top of the arena, even above the 300 level. Not the best. I already had 10C seats the night before, so I was just happy to be there. Also, free beer!
  • foriginalsinforiginalsin Posts: 711
    bbiggs said:

Looks like slash and axl. 
  • KC138045KC138045 Posts: 2,716
    bbiggs said:

I’m going to take a wild guess and say Fleetwood Mac 
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • CicconeCiccone Posts: 55
    1st request cc declined because it looked like fraud.  Multiple charges to CC.  Tickets today is awful.  They emailed me to request again.  Did that.  Now that request number is invalid.  10 club for 15 years.  This system is now fucked.  
    Emailed the link in the ticket today email for TC.  Will see how they explain where 2nd request went.

Molson Amphitheatre - Jun 28, 2003
    Copps Coliseum - Sep 13, 2005
    Air Canada Centre - Sep 19, 2005
    E Center - Sep 28, 2009
    Quicken Loans Arena - May 09, 2010
    HSBC Arena - May 10, 2010
    Air Canada Centre - Sep 11, 2011
    Air Canada Centre - Sep 12, 2011
    Copps Coliseum - Sep 15, 2011
    Budweiswer Gardens- July 16, 2013
    1st Mariner Arena - Oct 27, 2013
    John Paul Jones Arena - Oct 29, 2013
    US Bank Arena-Oct 1, 2014
    bbiggs said:

Winner, winner.

• lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,192
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:

Winner, winner.

damn. i can't make out shit. 

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

lolobugg said:
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:

Winner, winner.

LOL...I wasn't able to either.  If I couldn't hear the music I'd have no idea who or what I was watching.  And that is hard when you have a dude wearing a top hat playing guitar.  Anyone who wants to actually see Pearl Jam on stage, bring binoculars.

edited May 2023
    bbiggs said:
    lolobugg said:
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:

Winner, winner.

LOL...I wasn't able to either.  If I couldn't hear the music I'd have no idea who or what I was watching.  And that is hard when you have a dude wearing a top hat playing guitar.  Anyone who wants to actually see Pearl Jam on stage, bring binoculars.

Holy shit. I've been there before but had no idea they had seats with views like that. i was on the 5th row floor when i saw PJ in 2009. Are they charging $160 for that seat?

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

lolobugg said:
    bbiggs said:
    lolobugg said:
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:

Winner, winner.

Holy shit. I've been there before but had no idea they had seats with views like that. i was on the 5th row floor when i saw PJ in 2009. Are they charging $160 for that seat?
    Yup.  $162.  And if you can believe it, there are more rows behind where that picture was taken from.  Also $162.

bbiggs said:
    lolobugg said:
    bbiggs said:
    lolobugg said:
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:

Winner, winner.

Yup.  $162.  And if you can believe it, there are more rows behind where that picture was taken from.  Also $162.

Fuck me...... in the brain. 

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore

• craigraethercraigraether Posts: 1,298
    bbiggs said:

" I think I see my dad"...... The son of bitch is down there somewhere..." 
  • RDC0369RDC0369 Posts: 23
    How do Pit GA Row 1 tickets work? Like are these right up next to stage? Do you have to get in line early to claim these, what about a restroom break? Are you able to slide right back to the front? 
  • BV84003BV84003 Posts: 360
    RDC0369 said:
    How do Pit GA Row 1 tickets work? Like are these right up next to stage? Do you have to get in line early to claim these, what about a restroom break? Are you able to slide right back to the front? 
    I mean, there's usually a barricade between front row and the stage, for security etc. Pit is first come, first serve. I don't know if you're asking specifically how PJ fans handle this, or in general. You usually will have to camp out at the venue for quite a while to obtain front row for most popular acts.
    2003 Clarkston MI #2 | 2004 Grand Rapids MI | 2013 London ON | 2014 Detroit MI | 2016 Toronto ON #1
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,252
    CP218430 said:
    My 17 years have me in nosebleeds. It is what it is. I don't anticipate it getting better. I was in the 200s before the reassignment. And here's the thing, if I'm there I don't care. Somehow in 09 (I think) I got nosebleeds in the UC and the next night I was way closer. I'll be glad to see them two nights in a row. I'll be around good people (you people) and we'll enjoy the rafters. 
    No one has their seats yet. So you don't know if your 17 years in have you in nosebleeds or not. 
  • KevinmanKevinman Posts: 1,909
    RDC0369 said:
    Piss yourself or lose your spot............. I thought most people up there don't drink, I've never had the desire to camp out, not drink or use the restroom, so not sure all the rules.  To each their own.  I'm sure it is awesome and once in a lifetime experience but for me not worth all the trouble to get there.
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    06.18.03  Chicago | 06.21.03  Alpine Valley
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    05.16.06  Chicago | 05.17.06  Chicago | 06.29.06  Milwaukee
    08.02.07  Chicago | 08.05.07  Chicago
    08.23.09  Chicago | 08.24.09  Chicago
    05.07.10  Noblesville | 05.09.10  Cleveland
    09.03.11  Alpine Valley | 09.04.11  Alpine Valley
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
  • steven87steven87 Posts: 1,438
    RDC0369 said:
    There are no rows in GA. It’s just a large open GA standing room only section that is first come, first served. The sooner you get in line, the closer you’ll be to the stage. If you want rail, you’ll probably have to camp out the night before or get there in the wee hours of the morning. But if you’re fine being further back, you can stroll in right before showtime. 
  • CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,787
    See above. In Jacksonville I lined up four hours early and got three people back from Ed. Super close! Other shows in more demand you’ll need to get there earlier if you want to be close. If you don’t have a plus one make friends in the line and they’ll hold your spot while you go to the bathroom or make a food run (possibly for your line mates as well!). 

Hydrate well before, use the restroom before doors open , and then claim a spot inside. Do not run to a spot! Don’t drink inside and you shouldn’t have an issue during the show. I wouldn’t count on getting right back to your spot if you leave. People around you will hold it for you maybe, but it can be hard to get back to it.

Have fun! It’s like seeing PJ in a club!
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,641
    RDC0369 said:
    In my experience it depends on how close you want to get and what day of the week it is. Last year for Camden it was on a Wednesday. I got there at 6:15am and was around 15th in line and got rail. It was amazing. For St. Louis, which was on a weekend I got there around 6:30am and was around 39th in line and got 2nd row. Once you establish yourself in line and meet the people around you then you can slip out to grab food or use the restroom or talk to friends in other parts of the line but you can’t leave the area for hours at a time. Once they let GA in you can claim your spot and use the bathroom or get food while it is still relatively empty. People around you should hold your spot. However, once the floor start filling up and certainly during the show you should be prepared to stay where you are the whole time. 
  • Doug87Doug87 Posts: 442
    edited May 2023
    GlowGirl said:
    RDC0369 said:
    In my experience it depends on how close you want to get and what day of the week it is. Last year for Camden it was on a Wednesday. I got there at 6:15am and was around 15th in line and got rail. It was amazing. For St. Louis, which was on a weekend I got there around 6:30am and was around 39th in line and got 2nd row. Once you establish yourself in line and meet the people around you then you can slip out to grab food or use the restroom or talk to friends in other parts of the line but you can’t leave the area for hours at a time. Once they let GA in you can claim your spot and use the bathroom or get food while it is still relatively empty. People around you should hold your spot. However, once the floor start filling up and certainly during the show you should be prepared to stay where you are the whole time. 
    Damn, that’s way earlier than I can ever imagine getting to a show.

I thought I was crazy for lining up for Radiohead in St Louis (2008) at 10:30am with pit tickets. Was one of no more than 10 people there at that time.
  • aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,403
    Doug87 said:
    GlowGirl said:
    RDC0369 said:

I thought I was crazy for lining up for Radiohead in St Louis (2008) at 10:30am with pit tickets. Was one of no more than 10 people there at that time.
    I was at that Radiohead show.

Yeah, some people are crazy when it comes to pit. I'll admit, I've camped out on the sidewalk overnight for rail in the past. Hell, that Wrigley 2016 guy was there for like 4-5 days, wasn't he? At this point, rail just isn't worth the hassle to me. I've been front row for all of my favorite bands. Nowadays, I much prefer a comfy reserved aisle seat with plenty of personal space that I can come and go from as I please.
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 11,007
    If after 15+ years of being a member, I get 10C presale tickets up in the 300s, I'll probably skip the presale next time and take my chances w/ F2F. 

If I don't know that I'm getting at least moderately decent seats for that much money (not to mention all those years of keeping my membership current), it's not worth it for me. 

If that makes me a snob, then I guess I'm a snob. 
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 11,007
    edited May 2023
    Doug87 said:
    GlowGirl said:
    RDC0369 said:

I was at that Radiohead show.

Yeah, some people are crazy when it comes to pit. I'll admit, I've camped out on the sidewalk overnight for rail in the past. Hell, that Wrigley 2016 guy was there for like 4-5 days, wasn't he? At this point, rail just isn't worth the hassle to me. I've been front row for all of my favorite bands. Nowadays, I much prefer a comfy reserved aisle seat with plenty of personal space that I can come and go from as I please.
    This is where I'm at. 

2013 was the last time I dealt w/ a GA crowd to be up on the rail. Having been lucky enough to be front & center for a couple of my favorite acts, I have a 'been there done that" mentality, and would rather be comfortable. 
  • Max PowerMax Power Posts: 19
    mattcoz said:
    I won suite tickets for a show once, not realizing they were way at the top of the arena, even above the 300 level. Not the best. I already had 10C seats the night before, so I was just happy to be there. Also, free beer!

Wow, I've always wondered what the view would be like from that level. At least there's free beer and food. :)
  • lahrenlahren Posts: 111
    Kevinman said:
    RDC0369 said:
    Piss yourself or lose your spot............. I thought most people up there don't drink, I've never had the desire to camp out, not drink or use the restroom, so not sure all the rules.  To each their own.  I'm sure it is awesome and once in a lifetime experience but for me not worth all the trouble to get there.
    I have GA tix for STP N1. Back in the day I may have waited in line to secure a better spot, but I'll just be happy to be there on the floor and not worry about what I have to drink. I'll probably walk in there slightly early but not going to stress about pushing and shoving myself up close. My wife is on the shorter side, though, so it may be hard for her to see anything. She's 5'2. I want her to have a great experience. Will she see ok? any suggestions? She also has a small bladder, lol, so waiting in line for hours, etc. is probably out of the question...haha. Anyway, we'll have a blast, I'm sure!