Official 2023 Ticket Lottery Results Thread

Comments

• JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,115
    edited May 2023
    Team Friday
    Team Get It Right
    Team Don't Charge Me Again

I say Friday because that's the end of the week 10c said it needed, but honestly I'm Team As Long As It Takes As Long As It Gets Done Right.
    Post edited by JimmyV on

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,111
    mattcoz said:
    JimmyV said:
    CO278952 said:
    What day this week are we thinking seat reassignment emails will start rolling in?

Just going to expect Friday and be pleasantly surprised if it happens earlier.
    I’ll just be happy if they only do it once. 
    Yeah, they need to take their time and do it right, no need to rush.
    Agree, but I don’t think doing it wrong is going to happen.  They’ll make sure it’s correct.  

If refunds get issued and all the $$$ stuff gets cleared up I don’t care if they take a month or two to get it correct, not because my seat will probably get better but because there was a time when you didn’t know anything other then you got tix until you picked them up the day of the concert.  It was like having a baby and not finding out the gender ahead of time, so much more exciting.  This, now, with everyone able to announce their seats, people making charts, it’s just that the magic that was a huge part of PJ, taking the time to handle it themselves, etc., is gone.  When I picked up my tickets it was part of the experience and because I didn’t know if my seat was good or bad I just knew I was going to see PJ again and in that moment, for that night, that’s what mattered.  That’s gone.  
    It was exciting because you were going in with expectations about where your seats were that were always met and occasionally exceeded. There wasn't a scenario where someone with a low number opened the envelope and found a 5th row balcony pair.
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,252
    Some of those day of tickets shows had a combination of seniority + getting there early.
    I know at least a couple tours they issued you in blocks based on seniority, and then gave out seat assignments within that block based on when you arrived.
    I didn't care for that. I don't like to feel like I need to get there early. Its why I love the assigned seats at movies now. You can show up halfway through the previews and still have good seats!.
  • pbultimatepbultimate Posts: 612
    pjl44 said:
    mattcoz said:
    JimmyV said:
    CO278952 said:
    What day this week are we thinking seat reassignment emails will start rolling in?

Agree, but I don’t think doing it wrong is going to happen.  They’ll make sure it’s correct.  

If refunds get issued and all the $$$ stuff gets cleared up I don’t care if they take a month or two to get it correct, not because my seat will probably get better but because there was a time when you didn’t know anything other then you got tix until you picked them up the day of the concert.  It was like having a baby and not finding out the gender ahead of time, so much more exciting.  This, now, with everyone able to announce their seats, people making charts, it’s just that the magic that was a huge part of PJ, taking the time to handle it themselves, etc., is gone.  When I picked up my tickets it was part of the experience and because I didn’t know if my seat was good or bad I just knew I was going to see PJ again and in that moment, for that night, that’s what mattered.  That’s gone.  
    It was exciting because you were going in with expectations about where your seats were that were always met and occasionally exceeded. There wasn't a scenario where someone with a low number opened the envelope and found a 5th row balcony pair.
    Grand Rapids would like to have a word. 
    pjl44 said:
    mattcoz said:
    JimmyV said:
    CO278952 said:

Grand Rapids would like to have a word. 
    Oh yeah...I know there have been a couple of those. Make it "almost always." Different type of buzz that night I'm sure.
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,313
    mace1229 said:
    Some of those day of tickets shows had a combination of seniority + getting there early.
    I know at least a couple tours they issued you in blocks based on seniority, and then gave out seat assignments within that block based on when you arrived.
    I didn't care for that. I don't like to feel like I need to get there early. Its why I love the assigned seats at movies now. You can show up halfway through the previews and still have good seats!.
    Pretty sure 2003 was this way.  And yes I much prefer just having my seats so I can arrive as I can/wish.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • kaw753kaw753 Posts: 820
    You can call me crazy, but I prefer to have good seats (at worst) before spending $1000+ on flights and hotels (plus maybe using vacation days). Being surprised with craptacular seats walking into an arena doesn't sound awesome.
  • Evel KEvel K Posts: 526
    mace1229 said:
    Got my only pair of front row tickets this way.  Team Block Seating 
    Things were different then
  • mattcozmattcoz Posts: 2,202
    kaw753 said:
    You can call me crazy, but I prefer to have good seats (at worst) before spending $1000+ on flights and hotels (plus maybe using vacation days). Being surprised with craptacular seats walking into an arena doesn't sound awesome.
    They were always good seats back then, just a matter of how good. Nobody ever got "craptacular" seats.
  • mattcozmattcoz Posts: 2,202
    mace1229 said:
    Hmm, I don't remember that. What years would that have been?
  • ahydellahydell Posts: 40
    CO278952 said:
    i got an awesome new seat assignment for STP2 yesterday...my only request for tix this tour was STP2...

was awarded normal seats Sec 118, 8 rows off the floor and what I would expect for 108xxx number.
    credit card charged, all good.
    2 days later got an email saying my card wasn't charged and I needed to resubmit.
    then the note from 10C saying things were jacked up.
    patiently waited.
    got an email yesterday saying I'm now in Sec 216, yay me.
    and my new reservation I can't cancel...
    needless to say, worst ticket buying experience for any band in the history of my life, and it just happens to be my favorite band.
    I'm with whoever said let's go back to the 90's way....show up at the venue, get your tickets in an envelope and be surprised.
    too bad they can't figure this out in 2023...super super sour.
    i'll ride the wave where it takes me...
  • Evel KEvel K Posts: 526
    mattcoz said:
    mace1229 said:
    Hmm, I don't remember that. What years would that have been?
    2000 was one of the years.
    Things were different then
  • lahrenlahren Posts: 111
    edited May 2023
    ahydell said:
    CO278952 said:
    i got an awesome new seat assignment for STP2 yesterday...my only request for tix this tour was STP2...

was awarded normal seats Sec 118, 8 rows off the floor and what I would expect for 108xxx number.
    2 days later got an email saying my card wasn't charged and I needed to resubmit.
    patiently waited.
    needless to say, worst ticket buying experience for any band in the history of my life, and it just happens to be my favorite band.
    I'm with whoever said let's go back to the 90's way....show up at the venue, get your tickets in an envelope and be surprised.
    I'm confused. I don't think they have started reassignment yet. I'm guessing you may be in for yet another reassignment as I haven't heard of anyone getting one yet. That location with your member number doesn't make any sense at all if they are going to assign by seniority.
    Post edited by lahren on
  • ahydellahydell Posts: 40
    lahren said:

I'm confused. I don't think they have started reassignment yet. I'm guessing you may be in for yet another reassignment as I haven't heard of anyone getting one yet. That location with your member number doesn't make any sense at all if they are going to assign by seniority.
    supremely confused....and the new doesn't exist in Ticketstoday....so hopefully you're right, another seat assignment coming...
    i'll ride the wave where it takes me...
    edited May 2023
    ahydell said:
    lahren said:

supremely confused....and the new doesn't exist in Ticketstoday....so hopefully you're right, another seat assignment coming...
    I sure hope so. You have what I consider a pretty low member number! I can't imagine getting seats in the upper deck that far away even with my 365XXX number. Both my seat assignments were sec 104 and then 105, which I would have been fine with. It almost looks like they got that first assignment right in contrast to the other cities. Maybe we'll end up back where we started! lol.  I'm hoping they don't go yet further back but if they end up in the upper deck, I'm thinking I'll be leaving 10 club if that happens!
    Post edited by lahren on
    mattcoz said:
    kaw753 said:
    They were always good seats back then, just a matter of how good. Nobody ever got "craptacular" seats.
    I vote we go back to no craptacular seats!

I signed up for 10C right after one of the LA shows in 2012. One of the members here scalped his other GA ticket to me for the obscene price of... $200. He shrugged his shoulders and said, "Gotta pay the bills." If anyone here wants to scalp me a GA ticket to any of the shows for $200, I promise not to report you.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,382
    kaw753 said:
    Totally agree with you.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,999
    lahren said:
    ahydell said:
    lahren said:

I sure hope so. You have what I consider a pretty low member number! I can't imagine getting seats in the upper deck that far away even with my 365XXX number. Both my seat assignments were sec 104 and then 105, which I would have been fine with. It almost looks like they got that first assignment right in contrast to the other cities. Maybe we'll end up back where we started! lol.  I'm hoping they don't go yet further back but if they end up in the upper deck, I'm thinking I'll be leaving 10 club if that happens!
    I was in the 2nd wave of reserved confirmations last week... and while I could live with my seat selection being in the lower bowl, it still felt like it was further away than it should have been. I'm middle of the pack (425xxx), but i had way closer reserved seats in Denver '14 and Philly '16. 

Granted there wasn't premium seating for those shows, and/or maybe there are more senior 10c members trying for STP N1... but still, it doesn't seem right that I'm that much further back from the stage in 2023 than I was in 2014. 

This whole thing is a debacle. 
    edited May 2023
    lahren said:
    ahydell said:
    lahren said:

I was in the 2nd wave of reserved confirmations last week... and while I could live with my seat selection being in the lower bowl, it still felt like it was further away than it should have been. I'm middle of the pack (425xxx), but i had way closer reserved seats in Denver '14 and Philly '16. 

Granted there wasn't premium seating for those shows, and/or maybe there are more senior 10c members trying for STP N1... but still, it doesn't seem right that I'm that much further back from the stage in 2023 than I was in 2014. 

I feel your pain. I ended up with sec 118 tix at Xcel in 2014. My assignments were a few sections back from that in the upper rows this time. Doesn't feel right. The demand for those tickets were very high. Every tour since the 90s has huge demand for their tix. That was 9 years ago! Shouldn't be going backwards at this point with membership since 2006.
    Post edited by lahren on
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Posts: 4,201
    I'm a 533xxx number and the best reserved seats that I've gotten for a show were for Greenville in 2016.  I was on the floor about 10 rows behind GA.  
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,999
    edited May 2023
    lahren said:
    lahren said:
    ahydell said:
    lahren said:

I feel your pain. I ended up with sec 118 tix at Xcel in 2014. My assignments were a few sections back from that in the upper rows this time. Doesn't feel right. The demand for those tickets were very high. Every tour since the 90s has huge demand for their tix. That was 9 years ago! Shouldn't be going backwards at this point with membership since 2006.
    If I'm in the lower bowl, I'll be happy (although I REALLY don't want to be on the opposite end of the arena after all this time). If I get pushed up to the 200 because of premium seating, I'll be pretty bent. 

There won't be anything i can do about it beyond not renewing my membership, but still & all... it will be a tough pill to swallow after all these years. 
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,252
    kaw753 said:
    mattcoz said:
    kaw753 said:

I signed up for 10C right after one of the LA shows in 2012. One of the members here scalped his other GA ticket to me for the obscene price of... $200. He shrugged his shoulders and said, "Gotta pay the bills." If anyone here wants to scalp me a GA ticket to any of the shows for $200, I promise not to report you.
    10C has been clear about this. It was a trade off. More seats for the fan club, but they also include some crap seats. 
    Having a fairly low number, I'm pretty confident my seats will never be horrible. So I appreciate the fact of almost a guarantee to win the lottery.
    Those with high numbers, I could see wanting a smaller chance of winning the lottery to begin with, but if you do they'd be good seats.

Either way, they will probably have some unhappy customers unfortunately. 
  • RK50065RK50065 Posts: 897
    JojoRice said:
    I'm a 533xxx number and the best reserved seats that I've gotten for a show were for Greenville in 2016.  I was on the floor about 10 rows behind GA.  
    what was the demand for that show though? odd city but on a Saturday. hope you get good seats in St Paul!
    RK50065 said:
    JojoRice said:
    what was the demand for that show though? odd city but on a Saturday. hope you get good seats in St Paul!
    I was a glorious 0 for 2 in the lottery for the South Carolina shows in 2016. I thought these had to be the easiest shows to get. Nope.
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,830

kaw753 said:
    mattcoz said:
    kaw753 said:

I always wondered how often this would happen when I'd see friend groups flood the zone with GA requests then sell off extras privately on here
    Not even counting all the ones that would get immediately locked that were like "I'll sell you my extra if you also cover my [ticket, poster, drinks, etc.]"
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Posts: 4,201
    edited May 2023
    RK50065 said:
    JojoRice said:
    It was 52% for reserved.  I actually still have a screenshot somewhere of the lottery odds from 2016 just before the submission window closed.  I'll post them for entertainment value....this picture was taken about 5 minutes before the submission window closed...

Toronto GA was 11%.  Sorry pic got cutoff. 
    Post edited by JojoRice on
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • craigraethercraigraether Posts: 1,298
    edited May 2023
    I was thinking about the premium thing.. and came up with this math..  15000 Capacity, 15% premium 12500 Standard, 2500 Premium. 
    If standard ticket $165 with Fees... total gate is $2,062,500 
    If Premium ticket is Average $800 with Fees .. that total is 2,000,000 ... 

Average price per Seat is $265... 

Would you pay $265 per seat, per show for No premium. 

Puts things into perspective, when in 2020, the tickets were $122 ea with Fees, x 15000, total gate would be $1,830,000 (218% increase) 

Post edited by craigraether on
  • FC28207FC28207 Posts: 71
    ahydell said:
    CO278952 said:

patiently waited.
    You are 108xxx and got sec 200s. F-me im toast.  I don’t want 3 shows in 200s or worse.  I want my money back instead of that
    1. Red Rocks '95, second night starting on chairs
    2. buncha others, doesn't really matter