Official 2023 Ticket Lottery Results Thread

Comments

• given2fly23given2fly23 Posts: 5,902
    So everyone with a pretty high number (350k and up) who were surprised or feel like they lucked out on their reserved seat location should prepare to be disappointed. I’ll be readying more dog pics. 
    I’m 124,xxx and even I’m prepared to get shanked again. 
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,942
    So everyone with a pretty high number (350k and up) who were surprised or feel like they lucked out on their reserved seat location should prepare to be disappointed. I’ll be readying more dog pics. 
    I have 448xxx and I don't feel like I lucked out at all, up in the 300s in Chicago so not sure who did better with higher numbers but honestly I didn't see that many great seats coming in for any seniority 
    Yours might improve. 
  • aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,403
    Don't overthink this folks. Verified Fan barely has any regular seats. Practically nill. By the time you get in you will be seeing the Premium tix only. No reason to delay a sale of tix that don't exist. 

Don't tell them that. I was looking forward to all the outraged posts in the morning.
  • gobr0309gobr0309 Posts: 166
    gobr0309 said:
    I was looking on the Ticketmaster F2F FAQ section trying to find out if you have to wait until after the show takes place to get paid for tickets sold through F2F and it said:

“We’ll deposit your payout typically within 5-7 business days after your tickets are sold. If your tickets sell by barcode, we'll deposit your payout typically within 5-7 business days after the event takes place.”

does anyone know what they mean by “if your tickets sell by barcode” and if the PJ tickets would be in that category?
    They had been doing the "after the show takes place" payout thing for all shows since pandemic first hit in 2020. But starting this past November, I've started getting paid right after my tickets sell again. So hopefully, that should be the case for F2F.
    And no, your F2F PJ sales would not be considered barcode sales.
    Thanks for the reply. That’s great news if that is the case. Me and a friend have extra pairs for St. Paul since we both ended up winning and are planning to sell them on F2F but was hoping I wouldn’t have to wait 4 months for payment. I emailed TM customer service last night asking for clarification specifically regarding the PJ F2F and if there will be any delays getting paid and will post the response when/if I hear back from them 
    Minneapolis 2011 - Ed Uke / Charlotte 2013 / Phoenix 2013 / San Diego 2013 / LA 1 & 2 2013 / Memphis 2014 / St. Paul 2014 / Milwaukee 2014 / Wrigley 1 & 2 2016 / Temple of the Dog LA Forum 2016 / Wrigley 1 & 2 2018 / St. Paul 1 & 2 2023 / Wrigley 1 & 2 2024
  • arwooten7arwooten7 Posts: 78
    Are they reassigning TX or just the first couple of shows like they did before?
  • myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    edited April 2023
    CopperTom said:
    myoung321 said:
    Hey remember when Pearl Jam fought Ticketmaster for a $1 surcharge?  $1 ....let me repeat $1
    I think it was a $6 fee attached to a $9 ticket.  $15 total.  That's what started the fight. 
    The tipping point was an addition $1 added after an agreement - see here 4:40 time stamp - 

https://youtu.be/Hml5FHp5ouM?t=281
    Post edited by myoung321 on
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• asutton327asutton327 Posts: 124
    Has anyone gotten any VF codes?
    I'm wondering the same thing. 
    And do I need to have a separate window open for each show I want tickets to? I'm getting too old for this shit.  =)
  • dmbolpdmbolp Posts: 1,287
    Has anyone gotten any VF codes?
    I'm wondering the same thing. 
    And do I need to have a separate window open for each show I want tickets to? I'm getting too old for this shit.  =)
    I think you only get verified for certain show(s)...don't know, never been verified
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,945
    dmbolp said:
    bbiggs said:
    dmbolp said:
    bbiggs said:
    myoung321 said:
    So this cluster won't be fixed before the Verified Fan tickets go on sale? TM site still shows pre-sale starting at 10am tomorrow.., so anyone that would prefer to sell their 10C back to F2F if hey snag a better Verified Fan ticket has no idea what their 10C seat is now?  wow ..this just gets better and better.. 
    I posted this in another thread as well and I think it is a valid concern.

I would assume the TM verified fan sale that is set to take place tomorrow was intended to include all of the 300 level nosebleeds that mistakenly went to 10C members.  I hope whatever seat shuffling is taking place behind the scenes opens up those “worst seats” in the house to the verified fan sale and blocks the remaining “better” seats that should have been assigned to 10C members initially. Take all the time needed to sort out those seats based on seniority and proper assignment, but make sure what is sold tomorrow are the 300s vs the 100s and 200s for example. Time will tell.

That's not what's gonna happen. 10C already told us that 10C tickets now go into the Uppers.  What's gonna be for sale tomorrow is going to include a ton of $$$ Premium Lowers, 10% of the venue.
    No way that 90% of the venue is made up of Ten Club tickets and that the 300 level is full of Ten Club members.  I have a high 10C number and the "worst" seats I've ever had have been straight across from the stage, several rows back in the 100 level.  This is for high demand, sold out shows, that are no different from what we're dealing with here.  If all of those Ten Club seats now end up in the rafters it is because:

A.)  They withheld a LOT more for PJ Premium
    B.)  They withheld a LOT more for family and friends
    C.)  They withheld a LOT more for TM verified fan
    D.)  A combination of A, B, and C

There is no other way that makes sense.

Where did I say 90%?  10% is Premium, they told us that, 50%+ is 10C, they also told us that.  And there will be plenty of 10C in the Uppers. 

10C history has nothing to do with what they are doing now.
    I would have thought far less than 40% +/- was held back for TM VF tomorrow.  I'm aware you did not say 90%.  Clearly none of us know and we'll all find out eventually.  My point is that if they allocated roughly the same amount of seats to 10C as previous tours, it is hard to understand the high percentage of 300 level seats going to 10C members.  Again, I base this on the fact that I have a high number and have never been placed there.  So either they decided to sprinkle in a higher percentage of the 100/200 level seats to the TM/VF pool tomorrow, and move a higher percentage of 10C seats into the 300's, or something else occurred.  Who knows.  This is not a complaint by the way.  I'm just trying to understand.

I’m 124,xxx and even I’m prepared to get shanked again. 
    TM is Multi-Billion $ company and this is the best they can do?...  wow.. whoTF are their code writers and programmers?...lol ...After the Taylor Shift fiasco you'd think they'd be on top of things,.... obviously not.. 

I guess we should be thankful it was only a 9 show tour!!!!! only 9 shows to screw up... 

• kaw753kaw753 Posts: 820
    Don't overthink this folks. Verified Fan barely has any regular seats. Practically nill. By the time you get in you will be seeing the Premium tix only. No reason to delay a sale of tix that don't exist. 

Don't tell them that. I was looking forward to all the outraged posts in the morning.
    If there are so few tickets available in the Verified Fan thing (I believe you), than WTF is the point in the whole thing? Seems like a giant hassle with all the emails, text messages, secret decoder rings, etc. 

I actually scored the cheapo $75 seats to Springsteen on Broadway with VF, so can't say it is all bad. 
    bbiggs said:
    dmbolp said:
    bbiggs said:
    dmbolp said:
    bbiggs said:
    myoung321 said:
    So this cluster won't be fixed before the Verified Fan tickets go on sale? TM site still shows pre-sale starting at 10am tomorrow.., so anyone that would prefer to sell their 10C back to F2F if hey snag a better Verified Fan ticket has no idea what their 10C seat is now?  wow ..this just gets better and better.. 

I would assume the TM verified fan sale that is set to take place tomorrow was intended to include all of the 300 level nosebleeds that mistakenly went to 10C members.  I hope whatever seat shuffling is taking place behind the scenes opens up those “worst seats” in the house to the verified fan sale and blocks the remaining “better” seats that should have been assigned to 10C members initially. Take all the time needed to sort out those seats based on seniority and proper assignment, but make sure what is sold tomorrow are the 300s vs the 100s and 200s for example. Time will tell.

That's not what's gonna happen. 10C already told us that 10C tickets now go into the Uppers.  What's gonna be for sale tomorrow is going to include a ton of $$$ Premium Lowers, 10% of the venue.
    No way that 90% of the venue is made up of Ten Club tickets and that the 300 level is full of Ten Club members.  I have a high 10C number and the "worst" seats I've ever had have been straight across from the stage, several rows back in the 100 level.  This is for high demand, sold out shows, that are no different from what we're dealing with here.  If all of those Ten Club seats now end up in the rafters it is because:

Where did I say 90%?  10% is Premium, they told us that, 50%+ is 10C, they also told us that.  And there will be plenty of 10C in the Uppers. 

I would have thought far less than 40% +/- was held back for TM VF tomorrow.  I'm aware you did not say 90%.  Clearly none of us know and we'll all find out eventually.  My point is that if they allocated roughly the same amount of seats to 10C as previous tours, it is hard to understand the high percentage of 300 level seats going to 10C members.  Again, I base this on the fact that I have a high number and have never been placed there.  So either they decided to sprinkle in a higher percentage of the 100/200 level seats to the TM/VF pool tomorrow, and move a higher percentage of 10C seats into the 300's, or something else occurred.  Who knows.  This is not a complaint by the way.  I'm just trying to understand.

I'm with ya, and agree that it will be less that 40% tomorrow, and a quarter/half/3-forths will be $$$ Premiums
  • aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,403
    edited April 2023
    DEGBTI said:
    keep in mind this tour is only 9 shows. I cant see how they even make any money. That's why they have the high premiums, to pay the bills. If the tour was 20 shows everything would/should have been different. With 9 shows we are lucky with these ticket prices and lucky to get one imo.
    I keep seeing ppl say shit like this over and over and over again.
    Look at the lineups that these venues have playing this year, or last year, or the year before. There are plenty of acts with more elaborate set-ups, and just as extensive a crew as PJ, charging as little as $49-$59 per ticket to play at these very same venues. They wouldn't be doing it if they weren't making any money. So don't give me this, "they have to do this, or they won't make any money." bullshit. They're gonna make money. It's just a matter of how much money they want to make.
    Post edited by aisleseats on
  • Evel KEvel K Posts: 526
    bbiggs said:
    dmbolp said:
    bbiggs said:
    dmbolp said:
    bbiggs said:
    myoung321 said:

They secured more 10club tickets than ever before. The trade-off is more Premium seats.
    Things were different then
  • know1know1 Posts: 6,794
    The first really bad move they made was combining GA and reserved into one choice. It just got worse from there. 
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,945
    Evel K said:
    bbiggs said:
    dmbolp said:
    bbiggs said:
    dmbolp said:
    bbiggs said:
    myoung321 said:

They secured more 10club tickets than ever before. The trade-off is more Premium seats.
    Seems to be the most likely answer.  That's a shame. 

• given2fly23given2fly23 Posts: 5,902
    edited April 2023
    know1 said:
    The first really bad move they made was combining GA and reserved into one choice. It just got worse from there. 
    That's how they got rid of the 300s, everyone with a high number dreaming of getting a golden (GA) ticket.  TM just wants to sell as many tickets as possible, as fast as possible, so fans will get frantic and pay up for TM's premium and resale tickets.
    Post edited by given2fly23 on
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
    bbiggs said:
    Evel K said:
    bbiggs said:
    dmbolp said:
    bbiggs said:
    dmbolp said:
    bbiggs said:
    myoung321 said:

Seems to be the most likely answer.  That's a shame. 

And 10C got all/most of the GA in trade
    know1 said:
    This isn't new... They always had the GA or Reserved option and the Reserved only option... what changed was people thinking they should pick both options due to bad phrasing on the letter..

• PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,422
    edited April 2023
    myoung321 said:
    know1 said:
    This isn't new... They always had the GA or Reserved option and the Reserved only option... what changed was people thinking they should pick both options due to bad phrasing on the letter..
    They have always had a GA only option since 2013. This is the first year they have not. 

Actually I think last year is the first year they actually combined them as a best available but they still had GA only as another option. 
  • dmbolp said:
    EMizner said:
    A lot to read through here. So is there a chance that new seats will be worse than verified fan seats? I thought ten club was getting all the best seats
    For Sure.  50%+ went to 10C, and this year spread throughout, to the very back.  10% will be Premiums down low.  That leaves less than 40% on sale tomorrow, probably with a similar Lower/Upper ratio as 10C seats.
    40%? No chance. You’re not taking into consideration sponsors, promoters, band’s friends/family, arena season ticket holders, etc. I once was told that after all of this is taken into consideration the “general fan” is left with less than 12% of total tickets available
  • Spurs14Spurs14 Buffalo Grove, IL Posts: 250
    myoung321 said:
    know1 said:

Erm...  I checked my ticket preferences from 2016-2020 and it was either GA standing or reserved seating.  Combo was not there.
  • D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,833
    edited April 2023
    Just got Chi 1 as 2nd priority.

@mcgruff10 the wedding is back on!
    I didn’t know you two were engaged.   Congrats!!!!!
    Post edited by D-Rod on
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....Las Vegas N1, Las Vegas N2, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Boston N1, Boston N2
    2025.....????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
  • Hopped UpHopped Up Posts: 254
    I predict VF will have less than 2,000 seats for Chicago shows tomorrow and most of those will go to brokers. 10C got a lot more of the venue this tour so there were a lot less lottery rejections. And that resulted in ppl with # over 450xxx in the 300s. The next reassignment will put some with # under 150xxx who wound up in the 300 level back in the lowers and move the rest of us back a bit. If you’ve got a # above 210xxx this next change isn’t going to get you into the lower deck (where you might have been in 2009 when they last played the UC and barely sold out two nights and odds of winning the lottery were well below 50% since 10C had a smaller allotment).
  • chukdotcomchukdotcom Posts: 709
    kaw753 said:

If there are so few tickets available in the Verified Fan thing (I believe you), than WTF is the point in the whole thing? Seems like a giant hassle with all the emails, text messages, secret decoder rings, etc. 

I actually scored the cheapo $75 seats to Springsteen on Broadway with VF, so can't say it is all bad. 
    To make you feel like you have a chance and then reel you in with Platinum tickets. 
  • Well the good news is they'll have all the kinks worked out when they go on a full-fledged 12 city tour next year.
  • tim131tim131 Austin Posts: 44
    Trying to read through this thread best as I can. Got the email stating they may change the seats again, which I am fine with, although my seats are not great (I am a newer member so thats to be expected) - I am just happy to be in the building!

Please tell me GA's are safe - just found out my company are laying off people next week - please don't take my GA's away lol, my little heart couldn't take it all  :scream:
  • mycocomycoco Posts: 4
    They knew what they were doing.  The seniority situation is a mistake execution wise but the business side is what pays the bills. Give up premium spots for the $ to avoid any negative publicity (see Springsteen craziness) & keep prices manageable. On paper it gets more 10c in the building and makes sense but when reality sets in and members get the 300s at the UC its less than ideal. Not great negotiating with an arena...block the 10c seats (publicize the sections prior to lottery entry) and call it a day. Finally have the nice people who gave the tix @ will call all those years ago print those tickets out and put us all in order based on our seniority. Ahhh, now I am officially the old dude. Carry on but had to weigh in, ha!
  • Well the good news is they'll have all the kinks worked out when they go on a full-fledged 12 city tour next year.
    Someone shut this thread down. This post cannot be topped. 🤣🤣🤣
  • Ryan_WFCRyan_WFC Posts: 1,341
    edited April 2023
    nm

"They said ... timing was everything
    made him ... want to be everywhere
    there's a ... lot to be said for nowhere."