Options

Official 2023 Ticket Lottery Results Thread

Comments

• Options
    EddieredderEddieredder Posts: 739
    RobZ said:
    Was just over at the U2 presale....$1400 for "premium" seats.  Fuck Ticketmaster.
    That's wild. I got under $200 for a pair of U2 tickets on the floor at Gillette back in 2017. How are costing 7x now? This is nutso.
    "Premium". Thats not the regular tix. I'm also curious what the regular tix were. I'm sure its at least $250-300+.
  • Options
    cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,451
    Wonder if people would get this upset if they were trying to see Jesus?  Oh that’s right, Jesus never charged anyone. 
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    Honestly it was better when you could only get one night or the other when there’s multiple dates for one city.  I believe that widens everyone’s chances of getting tickets. Then we all have to do some work to get the other night.  
    I agree 100% and I also will add that postcards and money orders never created this much pandemonium
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    Explain this one to me: my account requested 1:Chicago 1, 2:Chicago 2 and 3: Indy. All unfulfilled. My wife had 1: Indy, 2: Chicago 1 and she got Chicago 2 and noting for Indy. 

How does she get Chicago with her second pick and I get nothing with the same show as my number 1? 

Another piece of evidence that this lottery was completely boned. 
    Your name was never chosen, your wife’s was.  
    They do not choose names though first though. They choose cities-> type of ticket->priority->then they choose names. 
    Nobody has any clue what they did, that's the problem. 
    And nobody really has a clue what they've done in the past either. The comical part is people pass of what they "think" or "want" as how it is. Its not like the NBA draft lottery where its witnessed by Deloitte or Ernst and Young. They can do whatever they want in the black box. And its always been a black box.  
    We knew exactly how they were done in the past. We had it down to a science. It is a very simple lotto and when things look wrong it is very obvious. Before when they did will call there was almost no priority issues. Whenever one popped up the person would not provide a screenshot or when they did what they said was incorrect. Whatever 10C used then to select the winners worked great. 

Now you are right we have no clue what they are doing or what went wrong on their end. It is all too random to be able to see a pattern enough aside from it worked from the most part but a lot of people got missed. 
    For all we know they drew names out of a hat. Did they use a program? Draw straws? They could rip up entries of people they don't like or deem toxic. They can just give out tixs to the people they love. 

Did they draw by priority first or draw names? I don't know. Based on how many opinions are out there its clear nobody knows. The only ones who know are in the room, and thats nobody here. 
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,065
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    Explain this one to me: my account requested 1:Chicago 1, 2:Chicago 2 and 3: Indy. All unfulfilled. My wife had 1: Indy, 2: Chicago 1 and she got Chicago 2 and noting for Indy. 

How does she get Chicago with her second pick and I get nothing with the same show as my number 1? 

They do not choose names though first though. They choose cities-> type of ticket->priority->then they choose names. 
    And nobody really has a clue what they've done in the past either. The comical part is people pass of what they "think" or "want" as how it is. Its not like the NBA draft lottery where its witnessed by Deloitte or Ernst and Young. They can do whatever they want in the black box. And its always been a black box.  
    We knew exactly how they were done in the past. We had it down to a science. It is a very simple lotto and when things look wrong it is very obvious. Before when they did will call there was almost no priority issues. Whenever one popped up the person would not provide a screenshot or when they did what they said was incorrect. Whatever 10C used then to select the winners worked great. 

Now you are right we have no clue what they are doing or what went wrong on their end. It is all too random to be able to see a pattern enough aside from it worked from the most part but a lot of people got missed. 
    For all we know they drew names out of a hat. Did they use a program? Draw straws? They could rip up entries of people they don't like or deem toxic. They can just give out tixs to the people they love. 

Did they draw by priority first or draw names? I don't know. Based on how many opinions are out there its clear nobody knows. The only ones who know are in the room, and thats nobody here. 
    Thats why we are all discussing it but to say we did not know in the past how it was run is not correct. This one I agree was fucked lol.
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,185
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:

This. 

Kevinman said:
    PJNB said:

We have a pretty good idea based on reporting spreadsheets from previous shows how it worked.  Priority, seniority, etc.....it all lined up with no problems...........can you say the same this time?
    And this 
  • Options
    BRWillyBRWilly DC Posts: 70
    JBob87 said:
    Edved007 said:
    BRWilly said:
    wsimon74 said:
    Edved007 said:
    I have tried to remain patient during this whole process, but now Tickets Today has confirmed (at least for Austin) that seats were totally random and the seats available for 10C were evenly split with the Verified Fan on sale, and this is not even counting the 10% that were held back for premium that was communicated to us. 

Almost everyone that had seats reassigned became significantly worse and it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out they screwed up and assigned seats to 10C folks that were meant either for premium and/or held back for other on sale opportunities. My patience has officially run out, this whole things has soured me to a point that is really sad.  

It was communicated that more seats were available and spread throughout the venues, but at least in the case of Chicago it appears that the entire 10C has been moved to the 300 level.  The lack of transparency and communication about this debacle is the most frustrating part of the whole thing. 

And i do agree with some others, I personally can't wait until I have all these tickets officially delivered to me so I can dump them ASAP.
    They need to pull a Taylor Swift, cancel or reschedule the Verified Sale and clear all of this up and have 10C allocate tix based upon seniority. Will it happen, no. Should it happen, yes. September is a long ways away, there is time to fix this. 
    Something should be done. What a colossal fuck up with this whole thing. 
    Where is this Austin information from? 
    separate thread, copied here for reference....

"Here is email I received from them. There is obviously some sort of miscommunication here. I get people will just say be happy to be in the building but if I am traveling and spending thousands of dollars, I would like to know if my seniority of 20 years will be used in allocating my seats. Maybe some would travel anywhere just to get in the building but am I going to travel to sit all way across stage in Row R? I think we need some sort of clarification here.

Thank you for reaching Ticketstoday Supoort!

We apologize that you are dissatisfied with the results of your request.  We are provided seats throughout the entire venue which are randomly assigned to the randomly chosen requests.

In order to be fair to people who aren't aware of the opportunity to order tickets, the seating is divided exactly equally by quality (as well as quantity). Therefore, the tickets allotment includes all levels of quality, from front row to lawn or behind stage seats, the exact same range of seating as will be available when the shows go on sale via outlets.

As per the user agreement which is posted on each of our ticketing sites and every lottery request page which you must agree to before entering your credit card:  All ticket sales are final and non-refundable unless the show has been cancelled or postponed; no exchanges will be allowed."
    If this is true IMO it’s a bombshell. If Verified opens tomorrow and the seat selection is the same range as 10C received that is absolutely new and probably is a huge blow to the 10C. Can’t imagine what the mood will be on here if Verified has substantial selection of 100s and 200s while some 20 year members are in the 300s. 

If this happens along with all the other subscriber changes this year I have to wonder if this is a soft way of thinning out 10C and it’s operations as the band gets older. Probably getting ahead of myself on that. 

Hopefully this is just a generic customer service response written badly. 
    I'm guessing (hoping) generic especially since they mention "lawn" and "behind stage" and in the case of Austin, which this email is purportedly responding to, those don't apply. Still would definitely be a major failure if TC seats were a) randomly placed around the venue and b) randomly assigned w/o taking into account TC seniority # and preference. Also we're told they have secured majority of tickets for TC in some of the best seats in the house, not a random assortment of the tickets.
    Mansfield 6/30/08
    Boston 5/17/10
    Baltimore 10/27/13
    Central Park 9/26/15
    Philadelphia 4/29/16 (TEN)
    Fenway Park 8/5/16
    Fenway Park 9/4/18
    St. Paul 9/2/23

Ev Solo Providence 6/15/11
  • Options
    aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,295
    RobZ said:
    Was just over at the U2 presale....$1400 for "premium" seats.  Fuck Ticketmaster.
    Lol. Wait until you see the $4k PJ Premium tickets.
  • Options
    JimmyV said:

Totally boned. I got Chicago 1 with my third pick. Those tickets should have gone to someone else. 
     No, your name was pulled, his wife’s name was pulled, his wasn’t.  The lottery is totally random.  
    You’re missing the priority part of the selection of the names. It’s alright. Keep defending this garbage process
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,065
    edited April 2023
    RobZ said:
    Lol. Wait until you see the $4k PJ Premium tickets.
    Def going to see that for Chicago. I think MSG topped out at $5K. Two nights might help things though. 
  • Options
    StratcatStratcat Posts: 23
    @JojoRice - a bunch of Hacks and Bums over there at TM.   We can predict their punks!!
    "And now my bitter hands cradle broken glass, of what was everything, all the pictures have all been washed in black, tattooed everything"
  • Options
    jdopjjdopj Posts: 652
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:

This. 

Kevinman said:
    PJNB said:

We have a pretty good idea based on reporting spreadsheets from previous shows how it worked.  Priority, seniority, etc.....it all lined up with no problems...........can you say the same this time?
    And this 
    We have all had this down. This is unrecognizable. People who have similar numbers as me I have seen at different shows throughout the years which was cool. Don’t act like it was a mystery before. It was pretty predictable.
  • Options
    logan5ivelogan5ive Dallas, TX Posts: 469
    Wonder if people would get this upset if they were trying to see Jesus?  Oh that’s right, Jesus never charged anyone. 
    Well, tbh, he’d probably be a no-show.
    1993 - Dallas ~~~ 1995 - Red Rocks I & II | Austin ~~~ 1998 - St Louis | Kansas City | Dallas | Raleigh | Atlanta | Birmingham | Greenville | Knoxville | Virginia Beach ~~~ 2000 - New Orleans | Memphis | Nashville | Noblesville | Cincinnati | Columbus | Houston I & II | Dallas | Las Vegas | LA | San Diego | San Bernardino | Sacramento | San Francisco ~~~ 2003 - OKC | San Antonio | Houston | Dallas | Little Rock | Camden I & II | MSG I & II ~~~ 2004 - Boston I & II | St Louis ~~~ 2005 - Gorge | Vancouver | Kitchener | London | Hamilton ~~~ 2006 - Las Vegas | Gorge I & II | Honolulu ~~~ 2008 - MSG I & II ~~~ 2009 - Seattle I & II | Vancouver | Portland | ACL | Philly I-IV ~~~ 2010 - Kansas City | St Louis ~~~ 2011 - PJ20 I & II ~~~ 2013 - Wrigley | Dallas | OKC ~~~ 2014 - ACL I | Tulsa | Moline | St Paul | Milwaukee | Denver ~~~ 2022 - OKC ~~~ 2023 - FW I & II | Austin I & II ~~~ 2024* - Seattle I & II | Wrigley I & II
    [82*]
  • Options
    JimmyV said:
    This should be a fun time. Instead there is just a lingering bad taste. 
    It'll be a fun time once we get to the shows. Don't let it stress you too much.
  • Options

I guess not much consideration was given for priority 😂 
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 4,090
    Stratcat said:
    @JojoRice - a bunch of Hacks and Bums over there at TM.   We can predict their punks!!
    @Stratcat yes sir Dawg!  We saw it coming. Prior Planning Prevents Poor Performance!
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    BK221359BK221359 Charleston, SC Posts: 237
    I don’t know…10% is pretty stiff…lol
    Pensacola, FL - 3-9-1994
    New Orleans, LA - 9-17-1995
    New Orleans, LA - 8-14-2000
    Lexington, KY - 4-26-2016
    Nashville, TN - 6-9-2016 (TMR)
    Bonnaroo - 6-11-2016
    Chicago, IL - 8-18-2018 & 8-20-2018
    Asbury Park, NJ - 9-18-2021
    Ohana Fest - 9-26-2021
    Ohana Fest Encore - 10-1-2021 & 10-2-2021
  • Options
    lahrenlahren Posts: 111
    edited April 2023
    After days of reading hundreds of comments. The only sure thing I can sum this up with is that the lottery ended up being only a chance to get GA pit tickets. That's all. If you got seats, that was basically a good sportsman consolation award. I got STP N1 GA tickets. N2 I got ok seats, but I'm still going to the VF sale tomorrow to see if I can get better seats or at least see what we were up against. I have a feeling I will know some of my casual fan friends will end up getting better reserved seats than mine and will wonder how I got so far back with my fan club seats. That will be frustrating for sure.
    Post edited by lahren on
  • Options
    gobr0309gobr0309 Posts: 155
    I was looking on the Ticketmaster F2F FAQ section trying to find out if you have to wait until after the show takes place to get paid for tickets sold through F2F and it said:

“We’ll deposit your payout typically within 5-7 business days after your tickets are sold. If your tickets sell by barcode, we'll deposit your payout typically within 5-7 business days after the event takes place.”

does anyone know what they mean by “if your tickets sell by barcode” and if the PJ tickets would be in that category?
    Minneapolis 2011 - Ed Solo / Charlotte 2013 / Phoenix 2013 / San Diego 2013 / LA 1 & 2 2013 / Memphis 2014 / St. Paul 2014 / Milwaukee 2014 / Wrigley 1 & 2 2016 / Temple of the Dog LA Forum 2016 / Wrigley 1 & 2 2018 / St. Paul 1 & 2 2023
  • Options
    dmbolpdmbolp ATL Posts: 1,191
    Don't know if it's been mentioned, but with the other similarities this year to the Warehouse/DMB process, I'm wondering if this PJ Priority process has changed to something similar to the DMB Priority Show process.  You select a single show with DMB for Priority, not rank all shows by priority, but the assumption is, you get an extra "ping pong ball" in the "random lottery" confirmation process for every year of seniority.  So with DMB Priority you still have a chance of not getting confirmed for your Priority show, as you may have 25 chances in the random lottery, but against a ton of other folks when request demand exceeds ticket supply.  Yeah, I don't know who PJ would have done something similar since we still prioritize all shows, but maybe you get a seniority # of balls for your Priority 1 show, X-1 for Priority 2, etc.  Or, you get your full seniority # of balls for all shows.

Would explain the Priority 1 guy not getting picked but Priority 6 getting picked for shows where demand exceeds supply. 
  • Options
    JimmyV said:

Totally boned. I got Chicago 1 with my third pick. Those tickets should have gone to someone else. 
     No, your name was pulled, his wife’s name was pulled, his wasn’t.  The lottery is totally random.  
    You’re missing the priority part of the selection of the names. It’s alright. Keep defending this garbage process
    Some people love to distort things which is t appreciated around here. Never gave the order of the process just trying to simplify it (a-hem) for those just not getting it.  Your name has to be pulled sometime during the process- and I never defended the process.  Don’t change my posts to suit your narrative and stop being so thick about this fcs.  
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,079
    Maybe now it’s easier to understand why they don’t tour as much or don’t like touring.  I wouldn’t want to deal with all the anger and bad energy that comes with this entire process.  
    Its because they don't tour much that contributes to it though. If I knew I could catch them next year in a city closer, I may not have even put in for the lottery. But I'm averaging 1 show every 3-4 years now, when I used to get 3-4 shows every 2 years. 
    But I doubt this ticketing is a big factor. I wouldn't be surprised if they aren't even aware of all the complaints, the double charges and the seniority issues, etc. 
    At the end of the day, they'll play to a sold out show several months removed from all the chaos. It'll be a great time for everyone there.
  • Options
    bklee0bklee0 SoDak Posts: 6
    After losing my once confirmed tickets I now have 2 charges for $322.84 on my credit card and no tickets. Fuck this shit.
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    Maybe now it’s easier to understand why they don’t tour as much or don’t like touring.  I wouldn’t want to deal with all the anger and bad energy that comes with this entire process.  
    Its because they don't tour much that contributes to it though. If I knew I could catch them next year in a city closer, I may not have even put in for the lottery. But I'm averaging 1 show every 3-4 years now, when I used to get 3-4 shows every 2 years. 
    But I doubt this ticketing is a big factor. I wouldn't be surprised if they aren't even aware of all the complaints, the double charges and the seniority issues, etc. 
    At the end of the day, they'll play to a sold out show several months removed from all the chaos. It'll be a great time for everyone there.
    Perfectly stated.  
  • Options
    gobr0309 said:
    I was looking on the Ticketmaster F2F FAQ section trying to find out if you have to wait until after the show takes place to get paid for tickets sold through F2F and it said:

“We’ll deposit your payout typically within 5-7 business days after your tickets are sold. If your tickets sell by barcode, we'll deposit your payout typically within 5-7 business days after the event takes place.”

does anyone know what they mean by “if your tickets sell by barcode” and if the PJ tickets would be in that category?
    They had been doing the "after the show takes place" payout thing for all shows since pandemic first hit in 2020. But starting this past November, I've started getting paid right after my tickets sell again. So hopefully, that should be the case for F2F.
    And no, your F2F PJ sales would not be considered barcode sales.
  • Options
    jdopjjdopj Posts: 652
    mace1229 said:
    10club knows. I emailed them yesterday and they got back to me and said they are investigating.
  • Options
    KevinmanKevinman Atlanta, GA USA Posts: 1,905
    This is what I pay for:

Ten Club Membership Benefits:
    • Priority Ticketing - Ten Club holds the best tickets in the house for members-only presale opportunities and rewards longtime fans for their dedication with seniority-based seating. Ten Club strives to continually improve upon its ticketing program to ensure that fan club members have access to the most tickets possible per show. 
    I don't think they delivered on this..........just my opinion.
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    06.18.03  Chicago | 06.21.03  Alpine Valley
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    05.16.06  Chicago | 05.17.06  Chicago | 06.29.06  Milwaukee
    08.02.07  Chicago | 08.05.07  Chicago
    08.23.09  Chicago | 08.24.09  Chicago
    05.07.10  Noblesville | 05.09.10  Cleveland
    09.03.11  Alpine Valley | 09.04.11  Alpine Valley
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
  • Options
    machinehummachinehum Posts: 166
    edited April 2023

Post edited by machinehum on
  • Options
    rlaidepeasrlaidepeas St. Louis, MO Posts: 305
    What??
  • Options
    dmbolp said:
    Don't know if it's been mentioned, but with the other similarities this year to the Warehouse/DMB process, I'm wondering if this PJ Priority process has changed to something similar to the DMB Priority Show process.  You select a single show with DMB for Priority, not rank all shows by priority, but the assumption is, you get an extra "ping pong ball" in the "random lottery" confirmation process for every year of seniority.  So with DMB Priority you still have a chance of not getting confirmed for your Priority show, as you may have 25 chances in the random lottery, but against a ton of other folks when request demand exceeds ticket supply.  Yeah, I don't know who PJ would have done something similar since we still prioritize all shows, but maybe you get a seniority # of balls for your Priority 1 show, X-1 for Priority 2, etc.  Or, you get your full seniority # of balls for all shows.

Would explain the Priority 1 guy not getting picked but Priority 6 getting picked for shows where demand exceeds supply. 
    NBA draft lottery style. One bucket. One draw. Makes sense to me. The pushback you are going to get is "thats not how its supposed to be done" or "thats not how its been done in the past". Are the odds the same as before? I'm sure some math wizard can figure it out (or did)

But yeah. 9 shows. I'm making this up of course

Priority 1 = 9 entries
    Priority 2 = 8 entries 
    Priority 3 = 7 entries
    Priorty 4 = 6 entries
    Priority 5 = 5 entries

or 

Priority 1 = 20 entries
    2 = 15
    3 = 10
    4 = 5
    5 = 2