Options

Official 2023 Ticket Lottery Results Thread

Comments

• Options
    Doug87Doug87 Posts: 442
    JimmyV said:
    The Ticketstoday “Unfulfilled” emails are finally coming out. At least we know.

How did I get 9/5 as a third choice and people with it at 2 got nothing? 
    Had 1 and only 1 for Sep 5 and got nothing.

OK with it, as now willing to play the market and monitor premium and drops for face value options or people flipping their tickets, but goes to show that the execution for this, was not as advertised.
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,580
    Doug87 said:
    on2legs said:
    Doug87 said:
    Doug87 said:
    logan5ive said:
    on2legs said:
    I’m not seeing any shows this tour but I feel awful for how this turned out for everyone.  

Two thoughts come to mind…

1.  It’s extremely important that seniority be honored for seating assignment.  Not only does it show loyalty to fans, but more importantly seniority is why people renew their memberships every year.  We pay dues every year - even when there are no tours. Sometimes it’s 3,4, or 5 years between tours in some areas.  If you fail to honor seniority for seat assignment then there’s zero incentive to keep your membership active in non touring years.  Instead we could just renew when the tour rumors begin and take random seat assignments. 

2. The fiasco created here by Ticketmaster is another example of why monopolies are so bad.  It’s not just that we are forced to pay whatever fees they feel like charging, but there is really no alternative for the next tour.  In any other business, the ten club would seek out another vendor to handle its business after the way Ticketmaster botched this sale.  But the reality is there are no alternatives.  They have no choice but to go back to Ticketmaster on the next tour. So there’s zero incentive for TM to spend the money to fix what went wrong and we will get more of the same awful service next time. 
    100%.
    I’m going to respectfully disagree that there are no alternatives to handle the lottery process.

There are plenty of other vendors that could more efficiently handle this process.

much smaller bands, but have seen My Morning Jacket, Primus, and Wilco use Music Today with great success and later those other tickets were sold by Ticketmaster so that would be an option.

on a larger scale, Radiohead doesn’t do a lottery but sells tickets through their own store Waste, with great success too, especially in the days where you got a date for when it would go live but not a time (if willing to be dedicated and stay up, you likely got tickets).

I get the TM hate, but I think it’s likely clear that there was a communication gap between 10 Club and TM at least in the initial set up stages to tell them exactly how to run this process, step by step.

that’s on Ten Club. TM is very clear that they execute to whatever the artist tells them. If the artists doesn’t provide enough specifics, that’s when things get fucked up.

truly believe the origin of this mess likely belong to Ten Club for not being super clear up front, as most of us could have managed this better with a spreadsheet based on knowing how the process is supposed to be executed.
    Think about it this way, how many times, at your work, have you seen the simplest things get fucked up because someone wasn’t given enough context, instruction, or guidance.

for me, it’s at minimum a weekly occurrence and maybe even daily (though smaller scale stuff obviously).
    All Ticketmaster does is sell tickets.  It’s not like they asked Home Depot to handle the ticket sales.  Not sure how much context, instruction, or guidance you need for this considering TM has handled the ticket lottery and seat assignment for past tours. This is clearly on TM. 
    You really think that after reading all the prioritization complaints and people who didn’t get tickets assigned correctly?

I’d almost guarantee that Ten Club said here’s our instructions for people, now you do the behind the scenes. Not contemplating that they don’t know to:

- draw priority 1 and so on before everyone else
    - get total pool and THEN assign seats

Seems pretty clear to me at least that there was a lack of understanding of specifics required.

where that misunderstanding originated, I can’t determine for sure.

Ticketmaster has handled the fan club tickets on prior tours.  They can't act like George Costanza and say... "Was seniority supposed to be considered? Were we really supposed to pay attention to priority?  I tell ya, Ten Club... we have to claim ignorance on this one, because if we had only known..."

1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,059
    Got the email saying unfulfilled for Indy. Hopefully I get a code for VF tomorrow and can find some lawn tickets. If not, then F2F starts next month. Finding lawn tickets for the show on F2F shouldn't be too hard. But then again I didn't think getting lawn tickets in the lottery would be too difficult either.
    I know people who had lawn as their first pick along with RES and got shut out. Other people got RES as a second pick. Would love to know what went wrong with some of these so the next lotto it can be corrected and we are not just at the mercy of TM botching this. 
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,998
    Doug87 said:
    JimmyV said:
    The Ticketstoday “Unfulfilled” emails are finally coming out. At least we know.

How did I get 9/5 as a third choice and people with it at 2 got nothing? 
    Had 1 and only 1 for Sep 5 and got nothing.

OK with it, as now willing to play the market and monitor premium and drops for face value options or people flipping their tickets, but goes to show that the execution for this, was not as advertised.
    Unless you had scored GA in the draw, you have a chance now to get better seats than this lottery would have returned. Good luck!

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,934
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJNB said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    SaraPHX said:
    Universities should use this thread for their PSYCH101 class, day one.     
    Yesssssssssss!!! lol.  Great first post.  Welcome aboard.
    If you hit Chicago in the 300's section you would be flipping out too don't deny it lol. 
    YOU ARE right! He's also going to flip out when he gets to hear You Are at St Paul 2.
    I have a change in attitude, I'm going to rock out so hard to this in the bathroom.  I just NEED long road to open; I haven't seen it live since 2011.  
    So hard in the bathroom? You do you, bro. Just please wash your hands for once!
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    EddieredderEddieredder Posts: 739
    Doug87 said:
    Ince.es said:
    I did this for the Chicago shows... I will update it here:
    https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/297793/chicago-shows-which-was-your-priority/

This is absolutely fucked up. You are telling me sections 121 and 113 have no 10 club allocation? Is this all going to be premium? If so, this is just terrible. SECOND these seating spots are absolutely jacked up.
    Someone really needs to approach PJ management about increasing the prices of the majority of their seats (higher quality) and ditching this PJ Premium concept.

The money they actually take home from this can easy made up by revising their pricing model AND still be very reasonable pricing (using a 2 tier system which they are at the point that they should do anyways).

10% is a lot of seats when you’re talking about a high demand show, ignoring even locations aspect of it.
    Its a fair suggestion. But people tend to bitch about pricing alot. Even though these prices currently are fairly reasonable IMO......if they raised prices for the better seats the cheapskates would absolutely riot. 
  • Options
    Bissy77Bissy77 Minnesota Posts: 447
    Has anyone heard anything about a refund for the 1st set of tickets they charged us for before reassignment?  
    It may have been listed previously ut couldn't find it.
    MLPS: 6-30-98 ; East Troy: 10-8-00 ; St. Paul: 6-16-03 ; East Troy: 6-21-03 ; Camden: 7-5-03 ; Grand Rapids: 10-3-04 ; Thunder Bay: 9-9-05 ; East Rutherford: 6-1-06; East Rutherford: 6-3-06 ; St. Paul: 6-26-06 ; St. Paul: 6-27-06, Chicago 8/23/09, Chicago 8/24/09, EV MLPS 7-2-11, PJ20 Alpine Valley 9-3-11, PJ20 Alpine Valley 9-4-11; Wrigley 7-19-13, St Paul 10-19-14; Wrigley 8-22-16; Seattle 8-8-18, Seattle 8-10-18; EV NY 2-4-22
  • Options
    aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,283
    Got the email saying unfulfilled for Indy. Hopefully I get a code for VF tomorrow and can find some lawn tickets. If not, then F2F starts next month. Finding lawn tickets for the show on F2F shouldn't be too hard. But then again I didn't think getting lawn tickets in the lottery would be too difficult either.
    What was the deal with Camden last year? Didn't they block F2F sales for lawn until the last minute or something? 
  • Options
    machinehummachinehum Posts: 166
    edited April 2023

Post edited by machinehum on
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,059
    What was the deal with Camden last year? Didn't they block F2F sales for lawn until the last minute or something? 
    Ya it was super late. Odd too since I think it sold out fast. Hopefully it was just TM forgetting to hit the resell button. 
  • Options
    Doug87Doug87 Posts: 442
    Doug87 said:
    Ince.es said:
    I did this for the Chicago shows... I will update it here:
    https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/297793/chicago-shows-which-was-your-priority/

This is absolutely fucked up. You are telling me sections 121 and 113 have no 10 club allocation? Is this all going to be premium? If so, this is just terrible. SECOND these seating spots are absolutely jacked up.
    Someone really needs to approach PJ management about increasing the prices of the majority of their seats (higher quality) and ditching this PJ Premium concept.

The money they actually take home from this can easy made up by revising their pricing model AND still be very reasonable pricing (using a 2 tier system which they are at the point that they should do anyways).

10% is a lot of seats when you’re talking about a high demand show, ignoring even locations aspect of it.
    Its a fair suggestion. But people tend to bitch about pricing alot. Even though these prices currently are fairly reasonable IMO......if they raised prices for the better seats the cheapskates would absolutely riot. 
    You'd have the option to purchase at the cheaper level, knowing you'd have worse seats.

If you're buying plane tickets and hotels, you can afford an extra $50 - 75 a ticket for a better experience.
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,049
    edited April 2023
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJNB said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    SaraPHX said:
    If you hit Chicago in the 300's section you would be flipping out too don't deny it lol. 
    YOU ARE right! He's also going to flip out when he gets to hear You Are at St Paul 2.
    I have a change in attitude, I'm going to rock out so hard to this in the bathroom.  I just NEED long road to open; I haven't seen it live since 2011.  
    Will do lol.  Still waiting for that wedding invite.  ;)
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,597
    I think I remember something about that. It would royally suck to have that happen again.
  • Options
    TheKricketTheKricket Chicago Posts: 115
    mattcoz said:
    MZ2626 said:
    My re-assigned seats were much better. My membership #88XXX.

Priority was 9/5 then 9/7.
    Selected Ga/Reserved & Reserved

Original:
    Chicago 9/5 = Sec 112, Row 19, Seats 20 - 19
    Chicago 9/7 = Sec 112, Row 16, Seats 4 - 3

Reassigned:
    Chicago 9/5 = SEC1, Row 1, Seats 11 - 12
    Chicago 9/7 = SEC3, Row 2, Seats 11 - 12
    Well, good to see someone happy with their seats, lol. Row 1 on the floor should be pretty sweet.
    I somehow got Row 1 on the floor for BOTH Chicago shows (Sec 3 and Sec 2).  I figured it was my time since I had been shut out of so many 10C presales over the 25+ years I've been a member.  Until the reassignment.  Talk about GUTTED.

Member #115xxx.  1998-ish, I think.

When those ticket assignments first went out, I was so excited I could barely sit in my chair.  The next morning they gave me shittier seats and another 2 charges on my card.

My card still has $650+ in pending charges from the front row seats that were "mistakenly" given to me.  I get to look at those confirmations and see SEC 2 ROW 1 and SEC 3 ROW 1 stare back at me.  I'm curious if I'll find those same seats as a PJ Premium offering.

I've seen many people say it through the years, but I'll probably be letting my membership lapse this year.  I'll still try to go to the shows, but it's not worth it to keep the membership with the HOPES of scoring decent seats.  Back in 06 I scored 7th row center when PJ played Summerfest.  Those were the best seats I've ever gotten in all of the years I've been a member and I thought from that point on, I would start to get better seats at shows.  That was a fluke because every other 10C ticket I've gotten has been "good" - but not "GREAT".

I certainly wouldn't recommend new fans join - unless they are in it for the free bootleg.
    1995.07.09 - 1995.07.11 - 1998.06.27 - 1998.06.29 - 2000.10.08 - 2000.10.09 - 2003.06.18 - 2003.06.21 - 2006.05.16 - 2006.05.17 - 2006.06.30 - 2007.08.05 - 2008.08.21 (ev solo) - 2009.08.24 - 2011.06.28 (ev solo) - 2011.09.03 - 2013.07.19 - 2016.08.22 - 2018.08.18 - 2022.02.09 (ev w/ earthlings) - 2023.09.05
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,934
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    PJNB said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    SaraPHX said:
    Will do lol.  Still waiting that wedding invite.  ;)
    Hmm....So am I! I think it is going to be the longest engagement ever!
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    JBob87JBob87 Posts: 444
    mattcoz said:
    MZ2626 said:
    My re-assigned seats were much better. My membership #88XXX.

Priority was 9/5 then 9/7.
    Selected Ga/Reserved & Reserved

Original:
    Chicago 9/5 = Sec 112, Row 19, Seats 20 - 19
    Chicago 9/7 = Sec 112, Row 16, Seats 4 - 3

Reassigned:
    Chicago 9/5 = SEC1, Row 1, Seats 11 - 12
    Chicago 9/7 = SEC3, Row 2, Seats 11 - 12
    Well, good to see someone happy with their seats, lol. Row 1 on the floor should be pretty sweet.
    I somehow got Row 1 on the floor for BOTH Chicago shows (Sec 3 and Sec 2).  I figured it was my time since I had been shut out of so many 10C presales over the 25+ years I've been a member.  Until the reassignment.  Talk about GUTTED.

Member #115xxx.  1998-ish, I think.

When those ticket assignments first went out, I was so excited I could barely sit in my chair.  The next morning they gave me shittier seats and another 2 charges on my card.

My card still has $650+ in pending charges from the front row seats that were "mistakenly" given to me.  I get to look at those confirmations and see SEC 2 ROW 1 and SEC 3 ROW 1 stare back at me.  I'm curious if I'll find those same seats as a PJ Premium offering.

I've seen many people say it through the years, but I'll probably be letting my membership lapse this year.  I'll still try to go to the shows, but it's not worth it to keep the membership with the HOPES of scoring decent seats.  Back in 06 I scored 7th row center when PJ played Summerfest.  Those were the best seats I've ever gotten in all of the years I've been a member and I thought from that point on, I would start to get better seats at shows.  That was a fluke because every other 10C ticket I've gotten has been "good" - but not "GREAT".

I certainly wouldn't recommend new fans join - unless they are in it for the free bootleg.
    That’s brutal. Pending charges still there is the cherry on top. 
  • Options
    EddieredderEddieredder Posts: 739
    Ryan_WFC said:

I got 121 and 113.

Good to hear. Like I said later, while this a small sample size, I want to see a chart like this once there is more info.There are clearly some members on this with very low numbers and pushed to second section at best, and those seem very few based on it as it stands. More than I've ever seen. Curious, whats your number?
    Definitely a small sample, and I too am interested to see how it all plays out. As it is, its not great for a few. Far from "total disaster" as some are painting it. Of course this could change.  

What can happen on social media/boards is the minority can be loud, and frequent, and that can create a false sense of reality. Did that happen here? TBD. But based on chatter here, I was expecting to see much different results. 
  • Options
    machinehummachinehum Posts: 166
    edited April 2023

Post edited by machinehum on
  • Options
    The Camaros HoodThe Camaros Hood Boston, MA Posts: 440
    I finally got additional communication and can rest a little. Won’t totally feel good til the tix are in my possession but as screwy as things have been, feels good to hear all seems well on their end too. 
    Austin, TX - 9/16/95 ~ Charleston, SC - 10/5/96 ~ Dallas, TX - 7/5/98 ~ San Antonio, TX - 4/5/03 ~ Denver, CO - 7/2/06 ~ EV - LA #2 - 4/13/08 ~ Austin, TX - 10/4/09 ~ Los Angeles, CA #1 - 11/23/13 ~ Los Angeles, CA #2 - 11/24/13 ~ Seattle, WA - 12/6/13 ~ NYC #1 - 5/1/16 ~ Boston, MA #1 - 8/5/16 ~ Boston, MA #2 - 8/7/16 ~ Boston, MA #1 - 9/2/18 ~ Boston, MA #2 - 9/4/18 ~ Louisville, KY - 9/17/22 ~ Ft. Worth, TX #1 - 9/13/23 ~ Ft. Worth, TX #2 - 9/15/23 ~ Austin, Texas #1 - 9/18/23 ~ Austin, Texas #2 - 9/19/23
  • Options
    IAmMyselfIAmMyself Posts: 667
    Can anyone tell me how you enter a new credit card?
    "Please help me to help you, help yourself." EV
  • Options
    Just got this response from the tenclub email for ticketstoday. I asked them about seniority seating as my seats are up in 316 with a member number of 123xxx.  This is their response. Not sure if I believe that tickets will still be reassigned at this point. This is just a really fucked up situation. 
  • Options
    NewfieintheUSANewfieintheUSA Posts: 2,394
    IAmMyself said:
    Did you get an email about it?
  • Options
    jwc6160jwc6160 Posts: 321
    just got another email from tickets today. It just said I am confirmed. I got the "you scored" email the other day so I freaked getting a new email today. I don't think they could have moved me any further back, but I was worried they put me in the parking lot or something. 
    KC 2010
    Lincoln 2014
    New York 2016
    Seattle 2018
    St Louis 2022

EV@ Innings Festival in AZ 2023
  • Options
    runstaplesrunstaples NC/WY Posts: 290
    Anyone else still have duplicate ticket charges? Not a huge deal, but I definitely want to make sure I don't get charged $700 (!!) for a single pair of tickets...
    Yeah, my credit card still has three charges of $322 because of the seat reassignment, but no refunds yet. I really feel for those people who used a card with a limit that got maxed out because of this fiasco. I assume it'll all work out, just creates unnecessary anxiety.
    Appeared to be an animal, yet so polite.
  • Options
    BV84003BV84003 Holt, MI Posts: 360
    Ryan_WFC said:

I got 121 and 113.

Good to hear. Like I said later, while this a small sample size, I want to see a chart like this once there is more info.There are clearly some members on this with very low numbers and pushed to second section at best, and those seem very few based on it as it stands. More than I've ever seen. Curious, whats your number?
    Definitely a small sample, and I too am interested to see how it all plays out. As it is, its not great for a few. Far from "total disaster" as some are painting it. Of course this could change.  

What can happen on social media/boards is the minority can be loud, and frequent, and that can create a false sense of reality. Did that happen here? TBD. But based on chatter here, I was expecting to see much different results. 
    Small sample size or not, the way people have been led to believe the lottery draws have always worked have never suggested that it's possible someone with a Priority 4 or 5 should get tickets for anything that a Priority 1 does not. It's almost like priority means nothing, and if that means nothing, then seniority isn't far off from being irrelevant either.
    2003 Clarkston MI #2 | 2004 Grand Rapids MI | 2013 London ON | 2014 Detroit MI | 2016 Toronto ON #1
  • Options
    KevinmanKevinman Atlanta, GA USA Posts: 1,905
    Just got this response from the tenclub email for ticketstoday. I asked them about seniority seating as my seats are up in 316 with a member number of 123xxx.  This is their response. Not sure if I believe that tickets will still be reassigned at this point. This is just a really fucked up situation. 
    So we should expect a round 2 of seating reassignments?  Which means a round 2 of refunds and charges again?  Communication would be helpful.

Thanks for sharing.
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    06.18.03  Chicago | 06.21.03  Alpine Valley
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    05.16.06  Chicago | 05.17.06  Chicago | 06.29.06  Milwaukee
    08.02.07  Chicago | 08.05.07  Chicago
    08.23.09  Chicago | 08.24.09  Chicago
    05.07.10  Noblesville | 05.09.10  Cleveland
    09.03.11  Alpine Valley | 09.04.11  Alpine Valley
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
  • Options
    IAmMyselfIAmMyself Posts: 667
    IAmMyself said:
    Did you get an email about it?
    Yes, I did. I go through the pages updating all info, and then it says submit before entering new card info. 
    "Please help me to help you, help yourself." EV
  • Options
    superfuzz30superfuzz30 Posts: 372
    edited April 2023
    Ryan_WFC said:

I got 121 and 113.

Much closer to a total disaster. That sample size shows the vastness of the errors so far. Also just the amount of premiums that must be given has to be far more than ever and mostly in those first sections. I know, more people traveling, few shows, Chicago will have production holds (btw im not even going to Chicago, but Minny looks basically the same as far placements go) etc. I know. But thats been the case before and these are still MUCH different than the avg placement for most fans and their respective numbers. The premium is the unknown X factor. All these other things we've dealt with for years.

This debacle makes the PJ20 billion hour f5 refresh look like a walk in the park.
  • Options
    KwienekeKwieneke Indiana Posts: 1,362
    Kevinman said:
    So we should expect a round 2 of seating reassignments?  Which means a round 2 of refunds and charges again?  Communication would be helpful.

Thanks for sharing.
    Hard to believe another round of reassignments will come but I wouldn’t be surprised either 
    Noblesville 5.7.2010. Lexington 4.26.2016. Nashville 9.16.2022. St Louis 9.18.2022.
    Chicago 1 9.5.2023. Chicago 2 9.7.2023. 
    *Noblesville 9.10.2023* (Gutted) 
  • Options
    madtowndavemadtowndave Minneapolis, MN Posts: 4,012
    I'm very interested to see the locations and pricing of the Platinum tickets. I think this is having a serious impact on locations - among other dropped balls. I dug through my stubs and with 416xxx here's what I had at the UC in 09: night 1 - section 303 and night 2 - section 101. In StP in 2014, I was very happy with my seats in 117. I was expecting at least the same, but again - I'm happy I did not get shutout for my 2 StP selections for this tour.
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23