mookieb14 said:
    Ince.es said:
    mookieb14 said:
    Ince.es said:
    Another fact that make no sense to me it's this case

Person 1: selects one show as 1st priority only a "GA & Reserved"
    Person 2: selects one show as 2nd priority a Reserved

Person 2 win tickets but not person 1.
    Easy. Once person 1 lost the ga lottery for show the res option wasn’t considered for seats.  Person 2 got the seats by not selecting ga option 
    And why do you create that option as "GA & Reserved"? If you do not score a GA you should be directed to the drawing with the ones who chose only Reserved, and this didn't happen.
    Correct this DID NOT happen.  For the Texas shows it worked.  Def not chi and Indy and maybe St. Paul, but I think slightly less demand there than chi and Indy 
    But if GA/Reserved covered all the tickets that Reserved covered, why would we be told explicitly that choosing both options gives you a better chance at tickets?
    The ga/res option did not get you into the res pool for high demand shows like they said it would.  Once the GA seats were gone so was your chance at seats 
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,946

So if I'm reading this correctly, no one beyond priority 1 should have gotten seats until all 1s were fulfilled, or the allotment was exhausted. 

Yeah, seems like someone made a boo-boo.
    And there it is in plain English again.  This continues to be overlooked by a few posters here who "know how a lottery works" when the rest of us are supposedly schmucks.  Priority #5 should not get seats to the same show Priority #1 struck out on.  Plain and f'n simple.

• JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,680
    RobZ said:
    Seems the easiest part of this entire fiasco would be sending out the "you were not selected" email...can't even accomplish that.
    Well, then at least we would know and move on.
  • I thought that I saw there were some who chose GA/Reserved that were allocated seats?
  • cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,715

So if I'm reading this correctly, no one beyond priority 1 should have gotten seats until all 1s were fulfilled, or the allotment was exhausted. 

But I think your name has to be pulled first so yes someone with a priority 2 could win over a 1 because 1’s name never got pulled.  Does this make sense? 
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,589
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Im thinking that this is why they were doing a mini tour.  As a test run with the new process for a larger tour next year. 
    If this was the result of only doing 9 shows, then the test run went about as well as the last Hindenburg flight. I understand there being bugs in a new system, this has been a swarm. 
    Yeah, it all sounds bad, but honestly, it seems like 1 mistake.  Maybe 2.  It seems like they identified it quickly, though.  I dont like the mess either, but I think they are probably getting it sorted out.  I remember some issue with another draw before, but not quite this big.  
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,424
    Ince.es said:
    mattcoz said:
    Discopij said:
    Are people suggesting the GA/Reserved is in any way the same as Reserved?  I thought those were two totally different options where GA/Reserved = Floor (either seated or standing) and Reserved is seated bowl.  So if someone put GA/Reserved as their only option and didn't win, many people with lower priorities would win Reserved instead of them because they were not part of that lottery.
    That's not what it said. It said that if you weren't selected for GA you would be put in the pool for Reserved. But, apparently, that didn't happen?
    The Reserved choice was supposed to be for those that only wanted Reserved, did not want GA.
    Totally agree. That's why I only chose GA&Reserved. Because choosing also Reserved did not make sense to me since it was explained that choosing the first option was already included.
    But why take that risk? It said clear as day to select both options for best chances. They told you and you still thought, nah, they must be crazy. 

They are proving to be crazy, but ignoring that prompt is wild to me.
    What if clicking all boxes somehow glitched you out of the chance on getting GA since you chose RES only as an option. We would be having the exact same discussion on the opposite side. 

• DiscopijDiscopij Posts: 479
    mookieb14 said:
    Discopij said:
    mookieb14 said:
    Ince.es said:
    mookieb14 said:
    Ince.es said:

Easy. Once person 1 lost the ga lottery for show the res option wasn’t considered for seats.  Person 2 got the seats by not selecting ga option 
    And why do you create that option as "GA & Reserved"? If you do not score a GA you should be directed to the drawing with the ones who chose only Reserved, and this didn't happen.
    Correct this DID NOT happen.  For the Texas shows it worked.  Def not chi and Indy and maybe St. Paul, but I think slightly less demand there than chi and Indy 
    But if GA/Reserved covered all the tickets that Reserved covered, why would we be told explicitly that choosing both options gives you a better chance at tickets?
    The ga/res option did not get you into the res pool for high demand shows like they said it would.  Once the GA seats were gone so was your chance at seats 
    And for these people, their problem would have been solved if they simply chose both options like they were told to.
  • mikeliskamikeliska Posts: 249
    vito said:
    So hold on I got section 108 as of yesterday afternoon and those were definitely the worst I've ever had but, now some of you are trying to tell me that I could wind up behind the stage or with worse seats and people with a higher fc# might get better seats than me??? That's a load of BULLSHIT! If that happens Eddie and the rest of the band can kiss my ASS! It's their fanclub and frankly it has SUCKED the entire 20 years I've been in it!!! Never a damn word from this band and their fucked up fan club?
    Poe's Law as heck
  • mookieb14mookieb14 Posts: 148
    I thought that I saw there were some who chose GA/Reserved that were allocated seats?
    I don’t believe anyone that only chose ga/res got seats for Indy or Chicago.  For Texas yes. 
  • rival9500rival9500 Posts: 568
    edited April 2023

But I think your name has to be pulled first so yes someone with a priority 2 could win over a 1 because 1’s name never got pulled.  Does this make sense? 
    No, because it says “if any tickets remain….”
    1998: Pitt
    2000: Pitt
    2003: Pitt, State College, Columbus,DC, Hershey
    2004: Reading, Toledo, DC
    2005: Pitt
    2006: Cleve, Camden 1+2, DC, Pitt, Cinci
    2008: Camden 1+2, DC
    2009: Philly 3
    2010: Columbus
    2012: Philly
    2013: Pitt, NYC 1+2
  • JbabbingtonJbabbington Posts: 151
    edited April 2023

If that's the case, that's messed up. 

Am I crazy to think that they should continue to draw only from the 1s until either them or the tickets are exhausted. Then move on from there if tickets remain, and all 1s have gotten in.

I mean, we're putting it as #1 for a reason.
  • Ince.esInce.es Posts: 315
    Ince.es said:
    mattcoz said:
    Discopij said:
    Are people suggesting the GA/Reserved is in any way the same as Reserved?  I thought those were two totally different options where GA/Reserved = Floor (either seated or standing) and Reserved is seated bowl.  So if someone put GA/Reserved as their only option and didn't win, many people with lower priorities would win Reserved instead of them because they were not part of that lottery.
    That's not what it said. It said that if you weren't selected for GA you would be put in the pool for Reserved. But, apparently, that didn't happen?
    The Reserved choice was supposed to be for those that only wanted Reserved, did not want GA.
    Totally agree. That's why I only chose GA&Reserved. Because choosing also Reserved did not make sense to me since it was explained that choosing the first option was already included.
    But why take that risk? It said clear as day to select both options for best chances. They told you and you still thought, nah, they must be crazy. 

They are proving to be crazy, but ignoring that prompt is wild to me.
    A risk? I just followed their instructions

Hey Foxymophandlemama, That's Me -> Stupid Mop -> Estúpida Fregona -> www.estupidafregona.net
  • Ince.esInce.es Posts: 315
    edited April 2023
    mookieb14 said:
    Discopij said:
    mookieb14 said:
    Ince.es said:
    mookieb14 said:
    Ince.es said:

That's not true, see my last post with their screnshot.
    Hey Foxymophandlemama, That's Me -> Stupid Mop -> Estúpida Fregona -> www.estupidafregona.net
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,253
    JI10794 said:
    know1 said:
    CM189191 said:
    Pottsy199 said:
    PJINFLA said:
    After this debacle Ticketmaster should be pressured to give up their "premium" seats and put them back in the mix for the reissued seat assignments.
    The band won't want that because that's where they are making their nut on seats with the prices being capped for all other seats. I feel like one of the emails suggested that to a certain extent.

Something like...We are doing the premium seating to offset the cost of the price capped seats everywhere else.
    Yes, but Premium seats shouldn't be better than 10C seats. Really gives me no reason to stay in the fan club. The primary reason I'm in 10C is to get good seats. But we still keep getting pushed around by TicketMaster. Give me a seat that actually faces the stage, not center ice. 
    I've had my membership uninterrupted for 20 years now. Over that time, I've gone to about 20 shows. My seats have honestly never gotten better in that span. In fact, they seem to have gotten slightly worse over time. You can't tell me that some significant portion of the fanbase with better numbers than me hasn't let theirs drop in that time.

I get that they do smaller tours now and that means more might be choosing to go to a show and therefore having an effect on seating, but this was happening even when they had bigger tours. 

Not a complaint, but more of an observation. 
    my seats have definitely gotten worse. I’ve been in the 10c for 27 and would always get first fifteen rows for Yield through Backspacer tours. And now I can’t even get tickets to a show through the fan club.
    I joined in '98, right after my first show and realized I could have gotten better seats.
    I've never been disappointed with my fan club seats. I got GA yesterday, so I don't have this tour to compare.
    I also assume with smaller venues and only 9 shows, there is more demand. More people putting in for each show, which would naturally make everyone's seats a little farther back.
    I also have zero confidence that anything was done correctly yesterday. 
  • TP128347TP128347 Posts: 67
    OMG!!!  FM!#@!  I just checked my payment info.  Wrong CC.  Similar # and same exp date as the card I use.  Glad I signed up for TM sale, but then again, I'm sure that will be a disaster on Friday.
    Nacogdoches `93 Dallas`98 BSB `01 OKC `03 Houston `03 Vic `07 OKC `13 Tulsa `14  EV Tulsa 1 `12
  • I received confirmation emails for both Austin shows yesterday. An hour ago, my ticket request showed confirmed for both shows. It now says that I have no requests for this program. Anyone else have this issue?
    Bumping with the link to check your request status https://tenclub-us.shop.ticketstoday.com/Requests.aspx
  • mookieb14mookieb14 Posts: 148
    Ince.es said:
    mookieb14 said:
    Discopij said:
    mookieb14 said:
    Ince.es said:
    mookieb14 said:
    Ince.es said:

What was said and what happened are two different things 
  • steinkrodsteinkrod Posts: 13
    tschav said:
    I'm sure this will be buried in the mix... but hell why not.

HA HA HA!  Well done!
  • tylermooretylermoore Posts: 921
    edited April 2023
    Vedd Hedd said:
    Im thinking that this is why they were doing a mini tour.  As a test run with the new process for a larger tour next year. 
    I’m sorry but they didn’t plan a tour to test a ticketing system lmao that’s insane 
    rival9500 said:

No, because it says “if any tickets remain….”
    But what if the computer didn’t randomly select me then it doesn’t matter what’s left.  TM is running it and that’s how they handle VF.  
  • IlliniGuy76IlliniGuy76 Posts: 563
    TP128347 said:
    OMG!!!  FM!#@!  I just checked my payment info.  Wrong CC.  Similar # and same exp date as the card I use.  Glad I signed up for TM sale, but then again, I'm sure that will be a disaster on Friday.
    How did you check your payment information?
    It should've popped up that it was an invalid CC number.
    or you can come to terms and realize
    you're the only one who can forgive yourself oh yeah...
    makes much more sense to live in the present tense...

1995:  7/11 (Chicago) 2009: 8/23, 8/24 (Chicago) 2010:  5/9 (Cleveland) 2013 7/19 (Chicago) 2016: 4/9 (Miami), 5/1 (NYC), 8/20 & 8/22 (Chicago)
    2018: 8/18 (Chicago) & 8/20 (Chicago) 2022:  9/11 (NYC), 9/18 (STL) 2023:  9/5 (Chicago), 9/7 (Chicago) 2024:  8/29 (Chicago), 8/31 (Chicago)

• rberko1rberko1 Posts: 80
    I think another thing to keep in mind is this: IF this had been run like previous Ten Club sales, we wouldn't know our seating assignments for another several days or longer. There would still be frustrations from those who haven't been told if they have seats, but those of us who DO have seats wouldn't yet know where they were anyway. They (Ten Club or TicketMaster or whoever) obviously were overly optimistic that they could handle specific seating assignments immediately upon notification of "winning" tickets.

Until that final "you didn't get tickets" email goes out, there is hope. Obviously this has been wildly frustrating, but hopefully it'll get sorted out to some sort of satisfaction.
    09.24.96 - Columbia, MD / 09.18.98 - Columbia, MD / 09.04.00 - Columbia, MD / 07.01.03 - Bristow, VA / 05.30.06 - Washington, DC / 06.15.09 - Baltimore, MD (Ed solo) / 10.27.09 - Philadelphia, PA / 10.28.09 - Philadelphia, PA / 10.09.10 - Baltimore, MD (Brad) / 10.27.13 - Baltimore, MD / 04.29.16 - Philadelphia, PA / 08.07.16 - Boston, MA / 11.04.16 - Upper Darby, PA (Temple of the Dog) / 04.07.17 - Brooklyn, NY (Hall of Fame) / 09.04.18 - Boston, MA / 03.28.20 - Baltimore, MD / 09.18.21 - Asbury Park, NJ / 05.09.22 - Glendale, AZ / 09.14.22 - Camden, NJ / 09.04.24 - New York, NY / 09.07.24 - Philadelphia, PA / 09.09.24 - Philadelphia, PA / 09.12.24 - Baltimore, MD / Next tour in Seattle??
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,253
    Kevinman said:
    JI10794 said:
    know1 said:
    CM189191 said:
    Pottsy199 said:
    PJINFLA said:
    After this debacle Ticketmaster should be pressured to give up their "premium" seats and put them back in the mix for the reissued seat assignments.
    The band won't want that because that's where they are making their nut on seats with the prices being capped for all other seats. I feel like one of the emails suggested that to a certain extent.

Something like...We are doing the premium seating to offset the cost of the price capped seats everywhere else.
    Yes, but Premium seats shouldn't be better than 10C seats. Really gives me no reason to stay in the fan club. The primary reason I'm in 10C is to get good seats. But we still keep getting pushed around by TicketMaster. Give me a seat that actually faces the stage, not center ice. 
    I've had my membership uninterrupted for 20 years now. Over that time, I've gone to about 20 shows. My seats have honestly never gotten better in that span. In fact, they seem to have gotten slightly worse over time. You can't tell me that some significant portion of the fanbase with better numbers than me hasn't let theirs drop in that time.

I get that they do smaller tours now and that means more might be choosing to go to a show and therefore having an effect on seating, but this was happening even when they had bigger tours. 

Not a complaint, but more of an observation. 
    my seats have definitely gotten worse. I’ve been in the 10c for 27 and would always get first fifteen rows for Yield through Backspacer tours. And now I can’t even get tickets to a show through the fan club.
    I'm in the same boat........member since 98 no lapses.  I think the main reason my seats are moving back is less shows on each tour which leads to higher demand for those shows.  Also in the past you could only select 1 show per tour, now you can select multiple which brings more competition.
    There was never a cap on number of shows per tour (at least when I started seeing them in 1998).   Agree that less shows likely means your number isn't as good as when it was a 30 show tour.   From the sounds of it though we are getting some strange seating assignments based on seniority.  
    There definitely was a cap back then. You used to not even be able to request singles. Can't remember when it changed, but I joined in 1998 too and remember a limit of 1 show.
  • fixer123fixer123 Posts: 140
    No dear John email, but all three picks marked unfulfilled. Can’t imagine that’s going to just magically change today.
    think I'll throw these pills away...
  • Ince.es said:
    mookieb14 said:
    Discopij said:
    mookieb14 said:
    Ince.es said:
    mookieb14 said:
    Ince.es said:

That was what was intended, but no one got selected for reserved that selected the GA or reserved option. Hence, why people are upset. 
  • chriszeechriszee Posts: 107

we've been lead to believe it is priority then lottery not lottery then priority
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,412

In my opinion it doesn't...
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
    Wish one of the moderators would jump in and put an end to speculation. 
  • what dreamswhat dreams Posts: 1,761

Receipt #xxxxxxxxx

Unfortunately incorrect seat assignments were issued to Ten Club members for shows in St. Paul, Chicago and Indianapolis. We confirm you have reserved tickets to this show but to ensure all Ten Club members get the proper reserved seat location based on their seniority, seats are being reissued.

You will receive a new confirmation tomorrow, Wednesday, April 26th with your accurate seat location.

Tonight, your credit card will be refunded in the amount of the first transaction and a new charge will appear on your card when the correct seats are assigned tomorrow.

We apologize for the delay and any inconvenience this has caused.