Official 2023 Ticket Lottery Results Thread

Comments

• StardogChamp79StardogChamp79 Posts: 1,007
    edited April 2023
    Give the whole pavilion to 10 club members.
    Why sell tickets for $133 when they can sell them for $500-$1000. Not that it’s right. 
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin (September 03, 2011); Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin (September 04, 2011); Deluna Fest Pensacola, FL (September 21, 2012); Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013); Milwaukee, WI (October 20, 2014); Wrigley Field I (August 20, 2016); Wrigley Field II (August 22, 2016); Home Shows Seattle Night 1 (August 08, 2018), Home Shows Seattle Night 2 (August 10, 2018), Apollo Theater (September 10, 2022), Madison Square Garden (September 11, 2022), Bourbon & Beyond Louisville (September 17th, 2022). 
  • Doug87Doug87 Posts: 442
    edited April 2023
    Kevinman said:
    Kevinman said:
    JI10794 said:
    know1 said:
    CM189191 said:
    Pottsy199 said:
    PJINFLA said:
    After this debacle Ticketmaster should be pressured to give up their "premium" seats and put them back in the mix for the reissued seat assignments.
    The band won't want that because that's where they are making their nut on seats with the prices being capped for all other seats. I feel like one of the emails suggested that to a certain extent.

Something like...We are doing the premium seating to offset the cost of the price capped seats everywhere else.
    Yes, but Premium seats shouldn't be better than 10C seats. Really gives me no reason to stay in the fan club. The primary reason I'm in 10C is to get good seats. But we still keep getting pushed around by TicketMaster. Give me a seat that actually faces the stage, not center ice. 
    I've had my membership uninterrupted for 20 years now. Over that time, I've gone to about 20 shows. My seats have honestly never gotten better in that span. In fact, they seem to have gotten slightly worse over time. You can't tell me that some significant portion of the fanbase with better numbers than me hasn't let theirs drop in that time.

I get that they do smaller tours now and that means more might be choosing to go to a show and therefore having an effect on seating, but this was happening even when they had bigger tours. 

Not a complaint, but more of an observation. 
    my seats have definitely gotten worse. I’ve been in the 10c for 27 and would always get first fifteen rows for Yield through Backspacer tours. And now I can’t even get tickets to a show through the fan club.
    I'm in the same boat........member since 98 no lapses.  I think the main reason my seats are moving back is less shows on each tour which leads to higher demand for those shows.  Also in the past you could only select 1 show per tour, now you can select multiple which brings more competition.
    There was never a cap on number of shows per tour (at least when I started seeing them in 1998).  
    I'm pretty sure there was at least up until the 2003 tour. I did like 10 shows in 2000 but could only do fanclub for one. Unless I'm misremembering. 
    That's how I remember it also.
    It would be nice if there was a way for folks who only request 1 show to get a small boost in the quality of their seats vs. someone going to several shows.

I get and fully support the seniority thing and using the membership as much as possible, just think that there should be some way for priority 1 to maybe get assigned first then separately a final 2nd priority and lower pool.

That way, at least for one show, everyone will get a better experience vs. the general system.

I don’t think that it would overly penalize multiple shows folks as you’d still be getting quality seats, just maybe not over that of someone who put P1, if you’re at say P4 or P5 as example.
  • TorontonianTorontonian Posts: 547
    I am bringing out my old "F5" t-shirt I used to wear at PJ concerts and met so many new friends because of the shared laughter and conversation... seems that system was better than TicketsToday although my fingertips disagree.

Someone should make up some t-shirt to describe this one?  Maybe we should have a contest to determine the correct wording on it?

Hopefully this all gets sorted out.  A lot of time was wasted on this for sure.
  • machinehummachinehum Posts: 166
    edited April 2023

Post edited by machinehum on
  • Both of my Chicago requests (1/2 priority)) say unfulfilled now. So I don't expect that to miraculously change today.
  • Thought I was getting shut out.  Ended up with Austin 1 and 2.  Upper level for both.  Chose GA or Reserved only.

Did not land Indy.
    Both of my Chicago requests (1/2 priority)) say unfulfilled now. So I don't expect that to miraculously change today.
    You could/should as everyone got that at exactly midnight even though side/rear and lawn weren’t assigned yesterday.

don’t know if you will for sure be in luck but does seem to be an auto set from the system and not indicative of anything.
    Can we start talking about subs and food while the wait continues?  I am hungry again after my sub yesterday...
  • Reads11Reads11 Posts: 101
    Anyone thinking that tickets magically will be found & your order status will go from unfulfilled to fulfilled I think is going to be sadly disappointed..  and I’m in that boat 
    You think even the Chicago behind the stage and Noblesville lawn tickets? There hasn't been any reports of those being assigned.
    If I were a betting man I'd say we will get a lot of those today. I don't see how apparently the large portion of lawn seats are going to the 10C and 0 people reported getting them yesterday. I think their system messed up yesterday and they are going to rerun a few things today. 
  • KevinmanKevinman Posts: 1,909
    Doug87 said:
    Kevinman said:
    Kevinman said:
    JI10794 said:
    know1 said:
    CM189191 said:
    Pottsy199 said:
    PJINFLA said:
    After this debacle Ticketmaster should be pressured to give up their "premium" seats and put them back in the mix for the reissued seat assignments.
    The band won't want that because that's where they are making their nut on seats with the prices being capped for all other seats. I feel like one of the emails suggested that to a certain extent.

Something like...We are doing the premium seating to offset the cost of the price capped seats everywhere else.
    Yes, but Premium seats shouldn't be better than 10C seats. Really gives me no reason to stay in the fan club. The primary reason I'm in 10C is to get good seats. But we still keep getting pushed around by TicketMaster. Give me a seat that actually faces the stage, not center ice. 
    I've had my membership uninterrupted for 20 years now. Over that time, I've gone to about 20 shows. My seats have honestly never gotten better in that span. In fact, they seem to have gotten slightly worse over time. You can't tell me that some significant portion of the fanbase with better numbers than me hasn't let theirs drop in that time.

I get that they do smaller tours now and that means more might be choosing to go to a show and therefore having an effect on seating, but this was happening even when they had bigger tours. 

Not a complaint, but more of an observation. 
    my seats have definitely gotten worse. I’ve been in the 10c for 27 and would always get first fifteen rows for Yield through Backspacer tours. And now I can’t even get tickets to a show through the fan club.
    I'm in the same boat........member since 98 no lapses.  I think the main reason my seats are moving back is less shows on each tour which leads to higher demand for those shows.  Also in the past you could only select 1 show per tour, now you can select multiple which brings more competition.
    There was never a cap on number of shows per tour (at least when I started seeing them in 1998).  
    I'm pretty sure there was at least up until the 2003 tour. I did like 10 shows in 2000 but could only do fanclub for one. Unless I'm misremembering. 
    That's how I remember it also.
    It would be nice if there was a way for folks who only request 1 show to get a small boost in the quality of their seats vs. someone going to several shows.

I get and fully support the seniority thing and using the membership as much as possible, just think that there should be some way for priority 1 to maybe get assigned first then separately a final 2nd priority and lower pool.

That way, at least for one show, everyone will get a better experience vs. the general system.

I don’t think that it would overly penalize multiple shows folks as you’d still be getting quality seats, just maybe not over that of someone who put P1, if you’re at say P4 or P5 as example.
    That's asking a lot when they can't get a 9 show tour right the way it is now............but I agree, it would be nice.
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    06.18.03  Chicago | 06.21.03  Alpine Valley
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    05.16.06  Chicago | 05.17.06  Chicago | 06.29.06  Milwaukee
    08.02.07  Chicago | 08.05.07  Chicago
    08.23.09  Chicago | 08.24.09  Chicago
    05.07.10  Noblesville | 05.09.10  Cleveland
    09.03.11  Alpine Valley | 09.04.11  Alpine Valley
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
    Reads11 said:
    Anyone thinking that tickets magically will be found & your order status will go from unfulfilled to fulfilled I think is going to be sadly disappointed..  and I’m in that boat 
    You think even the Chicago behind the stage and Noblesville lawn tickets? There hasn't been any reports of those being assigned.
    If I were a betting man I'd say we will get a lot of those today. I don't see how apparently the large portion of lawn seats are going to the 10C and 0 people reported getting them yesterday. I think their system messed up yesterday and they are going to rerun a few things today. 
    And Run some things that they didn’t run yesterday for the first time! 
  • aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,403
    BV84003 said:
    CM189191 said:
    Pottsy199 said:
    PJINFLA said:

My 10c seats for Camden in 2008 were in the 100 section, about 6 rows from the back. 14 years later, many people have let their numbers lapse, so logically, my 308### should put me closer. Thanks to TM premium seats, I ended up in the 200 section. While I am extremely grateful that I had 10c tix, it makes me sick that there were Premium seats available in the same row as mine, with a "face" value of $800.

TM is the devil.
    Without trying to ruffle anyone's feathers, Platinum seating availability on Ticketmaster is something the artists sign off on. Robert Smith just had a very transparent, very public diatribe on twitter about all of that. Yes, TM is awful, but I think PJ ultimately just gave in. Maybe they *had* to in order to keep the 10club system.
    Yes they did. And it kinda bothers me that they keep using that as an excuse. Other bands of similar stature usually have tiered pricing based on seat quality. Pit, floor, good lowers are one price. Slightly worse lowers are a slightly lower price. 2nd level is and even lower price. 3rd level are another price. And the really shitty seats all the way at the top are an even lower price.

PJ gets full price for every seat in the house, no matter how shitty. That should more than make up for any losses caused by not having Premium. Saying that they need to do this is just bullshit. You just want more money.
  • slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,762
    I am bringing out my old "F5" t-shirt I used to wear at PJ concerts and met so many new friends because of the shared laughter and conversation... seems that system was better than TicketsToday although my fingertips disagree.

Someone should make up some t-shirt to describe this one?  Maybe we should have a contest to determine the correct wording on it?

As glitchy as this system can be, it is the best they've ever had by far. I don't miss the old F5 days one bit. Nor do I miss the old "call this 1-800 number, get a busy signal, frantically call back, lather, rinse, repeat." Nor do I miss the old "mail in a postcard and a money order (no check!) for the one show you are allowed and hope to hear back in a few weeks" days.

I guess my point is, concert ticket buying has always been a pain in the ass. At least this way, we can set it and forget it and whatever happens, happens.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,288
    Robert Smith is still a hero and the only one willing to do something. 
  • Vedderman23Vedderman23 Posts: 856
    Thank you 10C for acknowledging and working to fix the seating issues for those 3 venues.  

It is appreciated!
    "Fuck the talkin', let's start rocking." - E.V. 9-5-00

8/25/98, 8/21/00, 9/5/00, 4/26/03, 5/3/03, 6/24/03, 9/28/05, 10/03/05, 5/20/06, 6/23/06, EV 8/16/08, EV 6/18/09, 5/20/10, 9/15/11, 10/11/13, 10/27/13, 10/1/14, 8/20/16, 8/22/16, TOTD 11/7/16, 8/18/18, 9/2/18, 9/4/18, 9/11/22, 9/14/22, 9/10/23 coming soon
  • machinehummachinehum Posts: 166
    edited April 2023

Post edited by machinehum on
  • KevinmanKevinman Posts: 1,909
    Can we start talking about subs and food while the wait continues?  I am hungry again after my sub yesterday...
    If my sub sandwich was consistently fucked up like TM, I'd find a new sub sandwich shop..........unfortunately it's like the shop keeps fucking your sandwich up, charging you more, and you keep going back because it's your only option to eat.
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    06.18.03  Chicago | 06.21.03  Alpine Valley
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    05.16.06  Chicago | 05.17.06  Chicago | 06.29.06  Milwaukee
    08.02.07  Chicago | 08.05.07  Chicago
    08.23.09  Chicago | 08.24.09  Chicago
    05.07.10  Noblesville | 05.09.10  Cleveland
    09.03.11  Alpine Valley | 09.04.11  Alpine Valley
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,680
    Reads11 said:
    I blanking hope so! This has been messed up.
  • JF116983JF116983 Posts: 176
    I have always wondered how many professional brokers but ten club memberships with their employee burner accounts and sell those tickets - that is likely the reason tickets are worse for everyone - these burner accounts take up premium inventory (pit) leaving senior members in back. I understand the premium thing but that should not be significant numbers in every venue - the reason is volume will not be enough to ensure a sellout event. Keep in mind Brokers usually buy up the “premium” seats to seek day of, I have personally seen brokers with TC tickets try to sell and prior to band coming on stage (show time) the individuals going inside concert - I saw this at the Backspacer tour when I only won one night and then went night two just to see if I could score a ticket prior to show time.

so I would blame the ticket brokers and the pit coming back into play. If we were back to seats like before, my guess would be your tickets would be about the same or better. I have been member since it was paper based (95) and my seats in general were always awesome but have only got worse with the pit thing - last tour my seats were better when it was the GA or RES only choice (and not both like this time).

As glitchy as this system can be, it is the best they've ever had by far. I don't miss the old F5 days one bit. Nor do I miss the old "call this 1-800 number, get a busy signal, frantically call back, lather, rinse, repeat." Nor do I miss the old "mail in a postcard and a money order (no check!) for the one show you are allowed and hope to hear back in a few weeks" days.

I guess my point is, concert ticket buying has always been a pain in the ass. At least this way, we can set it and forget it and whatever happens, happens.
    Agreed for sure.  Technology should make the whole process better.  But sometimes technology does not work.  Then it's not always better.

The time we saved having this system and not the F5 system can then be spent talking about the system (and food) in this thread! ;)
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,444
    Posted in another thread already, but didn’t it clearly say on the selection page to choose ‘GA/Reserved’ and ‘Reserved Only’ for best chances? 

Im not arguing it makes sense, but when they explicitly say that, why ignore it? I shook my head the whole time thinking it was whacky but I still made sure I clicked both. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • brewdog123brewdog123 Posts: 649
    jdopj said:
    My argument to that is they are assigning seats in areas they never did before so they received more seats than normal in exchange for 10% Platinum allotment.
    People were getting St. Paul with their 4th option but people lost out on the same show with their 1st option which has never happened before. Something was broken with reserved for those shows which is why everyone got refunds. They are going to start over. If they don’t, then this was beyond a disaster.
    JFC. If they are “starting over” then the emails last night were a straight up lie, as they stated it was only an issue with seniority seat assignment and everyone who thought they had a ticket, still does. We can only wait and see but it’s real likely you’re on Team Major Disappointment. 
    they cant totally start over.  can you imagine getting great seats yesterday to getting nothing today.  that would be an extreme disaster and people would riot
    Atlanta, GA 8/7/00...Atlanta, GA 4/19/03...Columbia, SC 6/16/08...New Orleans, LA 5/1/10...East Troy, WI 9/3/11... East Troy, WI 9/4/11... Atlanta, GA 9/22/12...Greenville, SC 4/16/16...Nashville, TN 9/16/22
  • CM189191CM189191 Posts: 6,927
    know1 said:
    know1 said:
    Seats getting worse on average has been officially and explicitly explained. They’ve made the decision that they’d rather 10C = more people can get a price-capped seat which includes mostly “worse” seats, rather than very few people get a price-capped seat but it’s much more likely to be a good one. It’s understandable if people don’t love that choice but it’s not a mystery. 
    I'm pretty sure that's never been stated. 

https://blog.ticketmaster.com/pearl-jam-tour-2023/

“Pearl Jam continues to try to protect fans’ access to fairly priced tickets by providing the majority of tickets to its Ten Club members, making tickets non-transferable where permitted, and by selling approximately 10% of tickets through PJ Premium at the market rate to offset increased costs.”

The % of seats allocated to 10C has been stated to be increasing, this may be the first time it’s been an actual majority (not sure on that). And they say explicitly that one reason is to allow more people to have access to price-capped tickets. 
    That statement does not address at all the question about reserved seats getting progressively worse over time for people who have maintained a long standing member number. 
    Of course it does, that’s just math. If 10 times as many club members are being picked, it’s exponentially more likely that people with even lower numbers than you are getting seats who wouldn’t have before. Additionally, they’re offsetting the “cost” of this to the band by selling more “Premium” seats, many or most of which will also be better ones. 

Winner: new 10C members
    Winner: people with $ who buy Premium
    Losers: long-time 10C members stuck with non-transferrable tix
    edited April 2023
    BV84003 said:
    CM189191 said:
    Pottsy199 said:
    PJINFLA said:

My 10c seats for Camden in 2008 were in the 100 section, about 6 rows from the back. 14 years later, many people have let their numbers lapse, so logically, my 308### should put me closer. Thanks to TM premium seats, I ended up in the 200 section. While I am extremely grateful that I had 10c tix, it makes me sick that there were Premium seats available in the same row as mine, with a "face" value of $800.

TM is the devil.
    Without trying to ruffle anyone's feathers, Platinum seating availability on Ticketmaster is something the artists sign off on. Robert Smith just had a very transparent, very public diatribe on twitter about all of that. Yes, TM is awful, but I think PJ ultimately just gave in. Maybe they *had* to in order to keep the 10club system.
    Yes they did. And it kinda bothers me that they keep using that as an excuse. Other bands of similar stature usually have tiered pricing based on seat quality. Pit, floor, good lowers are one price. Slightly worse lowers are a slightly lower price. 2nd level is and even lower price. 3rd level are another price. And the really shitty seats all the way at the top are an even lower price.

PJ gets full price for every seat in the house, no matter how shitty. That should more than make up for any losses caused by not having Premium. Saying that they need to do this is just bullshit. You just want more money.
    Ding ding ding.  Raise the prices for the higher quality seats and lower or keep flat the lower quality seats.

if you can throw $35 to the wind for a membership you rarely get to use. You can afford an extra $35-100 a ticket to go to a show (though obviously would add up for multiple show folks.
    edited April 2023
    Kevinman said:
    If my sub sandwich was consistently fucked up like TM, I'd find a new sub sandwich shop..........unfortunately it's like the shop keeps fucking your sandwich up, charging you more, and you keep going back because it's your only option to eat.
    Good point!  I am going to get a McDonald's cheeseburger today...
  • I am bringing out my old "F5" t-shirt I used to wear at PJ concerts and met so many new friends because of the shared laughter and conversation... seems that system was better than TicketsToday although my fingertips disagree.

This all day. It is what it is. Win some lose some. It ain’t life and death people. 
    Austin, TX - 9/16/95 ~ Charleston, SC - 10/5/96 ~ Dallas, TX - 7/5/98 ~ San Antonio, TX - 4/5/03 ~ Denver, CO - 7/2/06 ~ EV - LA #2 - 4/13/08 ~ Austin, TX - 10/4/09 ~ Los Angeles, CA #1 - 11/23/13 ~ Los Angeles, CA #2 - 11/24/13 ~ Seattle, WA - 12/6/13 ~ NYC #1 - 5/1/16 ~ Boston, MA #1 - 8/5/16 ~ Boston, MA #2 - 8/7/16 ~ Boston, MA #1 - 9/2/18 ~ Boston, MA #2 - 9/4/18 ~ Louisville, KY - 9/17/22 ~ Ft. Worth, TX #1 - 9/13/23 ~ Ft. Worth, TX #2 - 9/15/23 ~ Austin, Texas #1 - 9/18/23 ~ Austin, Texas #2 - 9/19/23 ~ NYC #2 - 9/4/24 ~ Boston, MA #1 - 9/15/24 ~ Boston, MA #2 - 9/17/24
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,412
    jdopj said:
    My argument to that is they are assigning seats in areas they never did before so they received more seats than normal in exchange for 10% Platinum allotment.
    People were getting St. Paul with their 4th option but people lost out on the same show with their 1st option which has never happened before. Something was broken with reserved for those shows which is why everyone got refunds. They are going to start over. If they don’t, then this was beyond a disaster.
    JFC. If they are “starting over” then the emails last night were a straight up lie, as they stated it was only an issue with seniority seat assignment and everyone who thought they had a ticket, still does. We can only wait and see but it’s real likely you’re on Team Major Disappointment. 
    they cant totally start over.  can you imagine getting great seats yesterday to getting nothing today.  that would be an extreme disaster and people would riot
    or even getting worse seats....it's just not right.

TM should improve those who got screwed and maintain those that unknowingly benefited 
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Reads11Reads11 Posts: 101
    Reads11 said:
    I blanking hope so! This has been messed up.
    Yeah same. I messed up apparently putting just GA/Res but a friend of mine put all 3. I think they are going to run it back today. Might just be lawn but I'm positive they will send out those today. Hope a lot of us hit those and get in the building 🤞😊
  • Doug87 said:
    Both of my Chicago requests (1/2 priority)) say unfulfilled now. So I don't expect that to miraculously change today.
    You could/should as everyone got that at exactly midnight even though side/rear and lawn weren’t assigned yesterday.

don’t know if you will for sure be in luck but does seem to be an auto set from the system and not indicative of anything.
    That's what I mean when I say that it would be nice for the team to communicate about that aspect. It seems pretty likely to all of us that there haven't been any side/rear Chicago winners notified yet because in almost 150 pages here I don't recall one person stating they got notified that they won side/rear view. But it's also possible they picked the lottery winners, but halted seating assignments yesterday when they noticed the issue and will finish that for Chicago, St. Paul and Indy today. 
  • know1know1 Posts: 6,794
    know1 said:
    know1 said:
    Seats getting worse on average has been officially and explicitly explained. They’ve made the decision that they’d rather 10C = more people can get a price-capped seat which includes mostly “worse” seats, rather than very few people get a price-capped seat but it’s much more likely to be a good one. It’s understandable if people don’t love that choice but it’s not a mystery. 
    I'm pretty sure that's never been stated. 

https://blog.ticketmaster.com/pearl-jam-tour-2023/

“Pearl Jam continues to try to protect fans’ access to fairly priced tickets by providing the majority of tickets to its Ten Club members, making tickets non-transferable where permitted, and by selling approximately 10% of tickets through PJ Premium at the market rate to offset increased costs.”

The % of seats allocated to 10C has been stated to be increasing, this may be the first time it’s been an actual majority (not sure on that). And they say explicitly that one reason is to allow more people to have access to price-capped tickets. 
    That statement does not address at all the question about reserved seats getting progressively worse over time for people who have maintained a long standing member number. 
    Of course it does, that’s just math. If 10 times as many club members are being picked, it’s exponentially more likely that people with even lower numbers than you are getting seats who wouldn’t have before. Additionally, they’re offsetting the “cost” of this to the band by selling more “Premium” seats, many or most of which will also be better ones. 
    Sorry - but you are incorrect on the first part. All members have always been able to put in for as many shows as they wanted. The only thing that impacts are the odds of getting chosen in the lottery. It does not explain seats getting worse.

But yes - the "Premium" seats issue likely does have an effect. But they don't say where those are so again it's not been specifically stated.

The smaller number of shows likely has an effect as well.

At the same time, how many people with a better number than me have let them drop at least once in the last 20 years? So that should offset things. 
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.