Official 2023 Ticket Lottery Results Thread

Comments

• Manu117Manu117 Posts: 109
    PJNB said:
    Manu117 said:
    PJNB said:
    For those that say priority doesn't matter or does not work how we say it does explain again how all GA have been first priority.  

Also explain how no one has won Indy past the first priority.

Two very limited ticket types did not make it to second picks. Geez I wonder how that is possible? 

because:

a) we don't know that all GA were first priority
    b) it's mathematically possible for all GA to have gone to first priority without priority having been considered, simply because there are only like 300 GA tickets and probably thousands of people who put any given show as first priority. the sample size is so small that we can't make a certain determination
    What lol

Find me someone that had GA as a 3rd pick. Give me a second pick for Chicago. You can't 

There are way more than 300 GA tickets.  You are telling me everyone that hit GA just got lucky and had it as their first pick? Cause its mathematically possible does not make it in any way probable. 
    again, I'm not saying you're wrong. It's possible they considered priority for GA, but not for seats. 
  • front spacerfront spacer Posts: 3,246

Now know only 1/19 friend / friend accounts that have scored with Indy as Priority #1

Note to self for future - sheds have worse odds than MSG
    Add 2 more as my wife and I both got shutout as Indy being our only picks
    Add 3 more, my wife, son, and myself all had Indy as Priority #1 (GA/Reserved, GA Lawn) and got nothing.
    Indy - 08.17.98
    Indy - 08.18.00
    Indy - 06.22.03
    Indy - 05.07.10
    EV StL - 07.01.11
    Alpine Valley - 09.03.11, 09.04.11 (PJ20)
    ATL - 09.22.12 (Music Midtown Festival)
    EV Jax - 11.24.12
    Chicago - 07.19.13
    Pittsburgh - 10.11.13
    Moline - 10.17.14 (The No Code Show)
    Milwaukee - 10.20.14 (The Yield Show)
    FtL - 04.08.16
    Miami - 04.09.16
    Tampa - 04.11.16
    Lexington - 04.26.16
    Chicago - 08.20.16, 08.22.16
    Chicago - 08.18.18, 08.20.18
    Boston - 09.02.18, 09.04.18
  • NYJayhawkNYJayhawk Posts: 16
    Both of my requests now say “unfilled. Incidentally they are for Chicago. Where I live. Cool that people that live hundreds of miles away got multiple tickets and I couldn’t get one. Enraging 
  • IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,678
    Doug87 said:
    jdopj said:
    I am thinking they stopped pulling tickets for those shows once they figured out it was wrong.
    Yep.  Sure seems it

fresh start with Texas shows
    Except austin is screwed up as well…

SHOW COUNT: (157) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=97, US=116, CAN=15, Europe=20 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:   Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,412
    Just wait until some of us end up with worse seats. The thing to do would be for TM to improve those who got shafted and let the rest at least maintain. I don't know which category I will fit in but TM fucked it up and should at least keep us whole.

Crazy thing is that I didn't get an email stating that my Noblesville pit tix were being changed. I hope that holds.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Doug87Doug87 Posts: 442
    Kevinman said:
    jdopj said:
    I am thinking they stopped pulling tickets for those shows once they figured out it was wrong.
    My thoughts also
    Interesting thought, if Texas is any indication, they didn’t fully fix the seniority issues with their “fix” but I imagine more people will get tickets that had priority one as priority ones missing out didn’t seem to be an issue for Texas.
  • Manu117Manu117 Posts: 109
    Sarava said:
    This makes you wonder how bad that Swifty debacle must have been. If Ticketmaster cant even handle a small 9 show tour.
    they can, it's just these presales for old school fan club (10 club, dmb warehouse) are antiquated. if the bands really cared about getting tickets into the hands of their fans they could do something like avenged sevenfold did with their deathbats club. 
  • jdopjjdopj Posts: 657
    Kevinman said:
    jdopj said:
    My thoughts also
    So those of us who who didn’t get tickets with our 1st or 2nd priorities should hopefully get done good news today.
  • SaravaSarava Posts: 2,019
    Doug87 said:
    Kevinman said:
    jdopj said:
    My thoughts also
    Interesting thought, if Texas is any indication, they didn’t fully fix the seniority issues with their “fix” but I imagine more people will get tickets that had priority one as priority ones missing out didn’t seem to be an issue for Texas.
    Is it possible there was just less demand for Texas shows?
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,424
    Manu117 said:
    PJNB said:
    Manu117 said:
    PJNB said:
    For those that say priority doesn't matter or does not work how we say it does explain again how all GA have been first priority.  

Two very limited ticket types did not make it to second picks. Geez I wonder how that is possible? 

because:

b) it's mathematically possible for all GA to have gone to first priority without priority having been considered, simply because there are only like 300 GA tickets and probably thousands of people who put any given show as first priority. the sample size is so small that we can't make a certain determination
    What lol

Find me someone that had GA as a 3rd pick. Give me a second pick for Chicago. You can't 

There are way more than 300 GA tickets.  You are telling me everyone that hit GA just got lucky and had it as their first pick? Cause its mathematically possible does not make it in any way probable. 
    again, I'm not saying you're wrong. It's possible they considered priority for GA, but not for seats. 
    Some of the RES shows worked properly with no priority issues that I can see. While other shows like St Paul 1 and Chicago 2 were completely broken.

Something happened with those shows on TM end and time will tell if it gets fixed or if they are going to try and sweep it under the rug. 
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,680
    I put in for Chicago 2 as first priority, Chicago 1 as second (requesting all available options, including side/behind stage for both shows) and Noblesville as third (requesting all available options, including lawn). No tickets selected yesterday. This morning it shows a status of the process completed status and unfulfilled for each of my shows. It just seems really unlikely that out of three requests with asking for every possible option, to not have at least got one show. Hopefully the process completed unfulfilled status is just on there while they are getting everything figured out. 
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,874
    NYJayhawk said:
    Both of my requests now say “unfilled. Incidentally they are for Chicago. Where I live. Cool that people that live hundreds of miles away got multiple tickets and I couldn’t get one. Enraging 
    Well, the place of residence is not a factor in the odds and never has been.  Perhaps it is in the Verified.  It doesn’t mean the draw was conducted properly, but you can’t have beef on the basis of proximity to venue not being acknowledged because that was never a thing.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
    Sarava said:
    Doug87 said:
    Kevinman said:
    jdopj said:
    My thoughts also
    Certainly likely that they were able to accommodate more requests.

I think Chicago and MN and IN got halted because had they continued, they would have had a much larger problem on their hands with inability to accommodate priority 1s even with reshuffling seats.
    PJNB said:
    Manu117 said:
    PJNB said:
    Manu117 said:
    PJNB said:

because:

What lol

Some of the RES shows worked properly with no priority issues that I can see. While other shows like St Paul 1 and Chicago 2 were completely broken.

Something happened with those shows on TM end and time will tell if it gets fixed or if they are going to try and sweep it under the rug. 
    Yep, likely why there seemed to be an abrupt stop yesterday for those shows.
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,424
    Doug87 said:
    Sarava said:
    Doug87 said:
    Kevinman said:
    jdopj said:
    My thoughts also
    Certainly likely that they were able to accommodate more requests.

I think Chicago and MN and IN got halted because had they continued, they would have had a much larger problem on their hands with inability to accommodate priority 1s even with reshuffling seats.
    Would make sense. And it would also make sense to put that in an email to stop all of this discussion and frustration over this. They know how crazy we are lol. 
  • I'm not expecting hour-by-hour updates from the team. But it would be nice to get maybe one or two throughout the process. Especially when it appears as if they ran into some major issues that caused a delay in notifying those who won the lottery. A vast majority of us are also dealing with vacation requests at work, booking flights, hotels, airbnbs, rental cars, etc. based off of these results. A little communication would go a long way.
  • CM189191CM189191 Posts: 6,927
    Pottsy199 said:
    PJINFLA said:
    After this debacle Ticketmaster should be pressured to give up their "premium" seats and put them back in the mix for the reissued seat assignments.
    The band won't want that because that's where they are making their nut on seats with the prices being capped for all other seats. I feel like one of the emails suggested that to a certain extent.

Something like...We are doing the premium seating to offset the cost of the price capped seats everywhere else.
    Yes, but Premium seats shouldn't be better than 10C seats. Really gives me no reason to stay in the fan club. The primary reason I'm in 10C is to get good seats. But we still keep getting pushed around by TicketMaster. Give me a seat that actually faces the stage, not center ice. 
  • RK50065RK50065 Posts: 897
    I'm not expecting hour-by-hour updates from the team. But it would be nice to get maybe one or two throughout the process. Especially when it appears as if they ran into some major issues that caused a delay in notifying those who won the lottery. A vast majority of us are also dealing with vacation requests at work, booking flights, hotels, airbnbs, rental cars, etc. based off of these results. A little communication would go a long way.
    they communicated twice
  • Pottsy199Pottsy199 Posts: 138
    CM189191 said:
    Pottsy199 said:
    PJINFLA said:
    After this debacle Ticketmaster should be pressured to give up their "premium" seats and put them back in the mix for the reissued seat assignments.
    The band won't want that because that's where they are making their nut on seats with the prices being capped for all other seats. I feel like one of the emails suggested that to a certain extent.

Something like...We are doing the premium seating to offset the cost of the price capped seats everywhere else.
    Yes, but Premium seats shouldn't be better than 10C seats. Really gives me no reason to stay in the fan club. The primary reason I'm in 10C is to get good seats. But we still keep getting pushed around by TicketMaster. Give me a seat that actually faces the stage, not center ice. 
    10C still offers you the opportunity to get tickets for a "reasonable" price vs the dynamic pricing bs of the Premium tickets. That's why I stay anyway. 
  • brewmeonebrewmeone Posts: 11
    I wound up with nosebleed seats in section 210 for the 2nd Austin show.  Happy to be in the building regardless.  I may try the Verified route to see if I can land a better seat though.
    I Pearl Jammed:
    1. Lollapalooza 1991
    2. West Palm 2003
    3. Nashville 2022
  • know1know1 Posts: 6,794
    CM189191 said:
    Pottsy199 said:
    PJINFLA said:

I've had my membership uninterrupted for 20 years now. Over that time, I've gone to about 20 shows. My seats have honestly never gotten better in that span. In fact, they seem to have gotten slightly worse over time. You can't tell me that some significant portion of the fanbase with better numbers than me hasn't let theirs drop in that time.

I get that they do smaller tours now and that means more might be choosing to go to a show and therefore having an effect on seating, but this was happening even when they had bigger tours. 

Not a complaint, but more of an observation. 
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • zachjgzachjg Posts: 105
    What have I missed since 9:30pm MST? Besides not having 1st/2nd MN request denied there’s still hope? And tixtoday people telling this lovely group they’d know by last night at midnight.
  • RE4790RE4790 Posts: 801
    know1 said:
    CM189191 said:
    Pottsy199 said:
    PJINFLA said:

I've had my membership uninterrupted for 20 years now. Over that time, I've gone to about 20 shows. My seats have honestly never gotten better in that span. In fact, they seem to have gotten slightly worse over time. You can't tell me that some significant portion of the fanbase with better numbers than me hasn't let theirs drop in that time.

I get that they do smaller tours now and that means more might be choosing to go to a show and therefore having an effect on seating, but this was happening even when they had bigger tours. 

Not a complaint, but more of an observation. 

The system has changed over 20 years... row lotteries, reintroduction of GA, etc.  Forums like this make it easier to coordinate ticket buys as well.  It's also important to recognize the fan base has aged and (in theory) has more money to travel.
  • CO278952CO278952 Posts: 1,343
    My reserved seats for Austin 1 and 2 are in similar sections / rows in 113 and 112 respectively. To me this would suggest seniority was factored in to the seating for both nights as expected. 
    4.17.94 Paramount 9.28.96 Randall's Island 8.25.00 Jones Beach 4.28.03 Spectrum 7.5.03 Camden 7.6.03 Camden 07.08.03 MSG 07.09.03 MSG 7.12.03 Hershey 7.14.03 Holmdel 6.12.08 Tampa 10.19.13 Brooklyn 4.11.16 Tampa 5.1.16 MSG 5.2.16 MSG 8.7.16 Fenway 9.2.18 Fenway 9.4.18 Fenway 9.11.22 MSG 9.16.22 Nashville 9.18.23 Austin 9.19.23 Austin 9.3.24 MSG 9.4.24 MSG
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,316
    RK50065 said:
    I'm not expecting hour-by-hour updates from the team. But it would be nice to get maybe one or two throughout the process. Especially when it appears as if they ran into some major issues that caused a delay in notifying those who won the lottery. A vast majority of us are also dealing with vacation requests at work, booking flights, hotels, airbnbs, rental cars, etc. based off of these results. A little communication would go a long way.
    they communicated twice
    They did?  I see an email about seats being re-allocated that was received at almost midnight.  I feel for people that seemed to be getting the shaft so far.  It's one thing to miss out when it makes sense.  Another when clearly something went wrong.  As of now the only communication I have is for 1 show that I got tickets to saying I will receive different seats today.  
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,412
    zachjg said:
    What have I missed since 9:30pm MST? Besides not having 1st/2nd MN request denied there’s still hope? And tixtoday people telling this lovely group they’d know by last night at midnight.
    we don't know....they are redoing seating for a lot of shows but not sure if that means that people will still get tix or if it only affects the people that were already assigned tix.

Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • RK50065RK50065 Posts: 897
    RK50065 said:
    they communicated twice
    They did?  I see an email about seats being re-allocated that was received at almost midnight.  I feel for people that seemed to be getting the shaft so far.  It's one thing to miss out when it makes sense.  Another when clearly something went wrong.  As of now the only communication I have is for 1 show that I got tickets to saying I will receive different seats today.  
    also for the duplicate Austin orders
  • JadlerJadler Posts: 761
    Just wait until some of us end up with worse seats. The thing to do would be for TM to improve those who got shafted and let the rest at least maintain. I don't know which category I will fit in but TM fucked it up and should at least keep us whole.

Crazy thing is that I didn't get an email stating that my Noblesville pit tix were being changed. I hope that holds.
    I have not either. I am hopeful that will remain the case as there aren’t any “seats” in the pit to reassign. 
  • JBob87JBob87 Posts: 457
    Ever since the 2020 ten club sale when they partnered up with ticketmaster, this is how the lottery system has worked. 

First and foremost, this is a lottery. When you pick the shows you would like to attend, its asks you to prioritize them. Now this the hard pill that everyone seems to be having a hard time swallowing......you have to win the lottery for the show you selected to get tickets.

I repeat, you have to first win the lottery for the show, and yes there is a separate lottery drawing for each show from the fans that selected the particular show, but you have to win the lottery first.

Priority and seniority do not come into play during the lottery process. Means nothing. zip, zero. You must first win the lottery for the show you entered.

The problem is and whats causing all the confusion is no one knows if they won the lottery or not, and the winners start posting their winning seats on here. Nothing wrong with this either, but those who didn't win start freaking out about show priority, GA or reserved an so on, not knowing all along they were never going to get tickets for that show because they didn't win the lottery for it.

Now, show priority comes into effect for the winners of the lottery for that one particular show are selected.  

So to recap.

Step one is the lottery. 

Step two is show priority (more to explain on this see below)

Step 3 is when and only when seniority comes into play. Seniority doesn't mean jack shit until you made it thru the first two steps. It's as simple as that when it comes to Ten Club seniority numbers.

Ok, back to show priority and how it works.

Scenario 1:
    I had DFW 1 as my first and only priority but BlahBlah got tickets to DFW 1 with priority three.
    ===You lost the lottery for that show and Blah Blah won the lottery,

Scenario 2:
    I had CHI 1 and CHI 2  and as my first and second priorities and struck out but won AUS 1 an and DFW 2 with my third and fourth priorities. WTF ?
    ===You lost the lottery for both CHI 1 and CHI 2 but won the lottery for AUS 1 and DFW 2

Scenario 3:
    I had AUS 1 (priority 1) and CHI 1 (priority 2) and won both, Yay! for me. Now the person from scenario 2 chimes in but wait a minute as I had CHI 1 as my first priority and lost but you won with CHI 1 as your priority 2? Thats bullshit.
    ===You lost the lottery for CHI 1 while Yay! won the lottery for CHI 1.  There were enough seats available after every lottery winner with priority 1 was exhausted and thrown into the ticket pool they were able to move onto people who the lottery for CHI 1 with priority 2 selected.

Scenario fouer
    Well I had CHI 1 as my first priority and CHI 2 as my second. Lost out on CHI 1 but scored reserved seats for CHI 2. Seems weird, something fishy is going on. How come I didn't both?
    ===You lost the lottery for CHI 1 and won the lottery for CHI 2. 

Scenario five:
    Well how the fuck are people getting tickets with their third, fourth, fifth, etc priorities and I got nothing.
    ===Some shows are more in demand than others. Seems like both CHI shows were the highest, so anyone that had them as their third priority or higher were shut out.
    === The Texas shows were less in demand and after filling the available Ten Club seats with the people that had these shows as their first and second priorities. There were enough left over to fill third priorities, fourth priorities and so on until they were out of seats. 

And this right here, scenario five, is how how show priority works. I guess it can be confusing, so I hope this helps. 

In the future, try using a little strategy when prioritizing the shows you want to see. Well all pretty much which shows are always in high demand, so rank them as number one and number two and the less demand shows can be prioritized after them.
    ===Well why the fuck would they do it like this ?

They do it like this to hopefully give everyone a chance to see a show. Not the same people at every show. Simple as that.

My only suggestion to fix this and stop all the confusion is to run the lottery say on day one and notify all the winners and losers. Then that way everyone knows if they're in the ticket pool or out before the seat selection begins and would make the process way more transparent. Started a thread about this here.
    https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/297765/a-petition-to-ten-club-regarding-fan-club-tickets

I have never traveled far to see my favorite band, stuck mostly to shows within a three to four drive, and many were right in my backyard. But my backyard is Philadelphia, And these shows are always in high demand (because we are the best crowds which the band feeds of off and the shows here are always above average). So this current system is like a double edged sword, it’s fucking hard to score tickets thru Ten Club for people like me. Back in the old days, we would always get tickets to at least one home show thru Ten Club. You had to designate which stop on the tour was your home show. I sure as fuck would have liked to have had that option the last ten years or so after being shut out more than once in my own backyard lol. But if you want to really see a certain show, you'll get in, one way or another. Ticket drops day of the show etc. I guess this applies to those who live close to the show, pretty hard to jump on a plane and make it to a show you just scored tickets to four hours earlier. So to all those who got shut out in Chicago, you still have hope.
    Lot of typing but you still have not responded to how for GA, priority clearly matters and is not being run as you describe. Otherwise we would see people reporting GA wins with priorities other than 1 which to my knowledge has not been reported.

Therefore either the system is designed so that priority only matters for GA and not reserved, which is illogical. Or TM simply fucked it up. Option 2 is much more likely to me given everything else we have observed.
  • riotgrlriotgrl Posts: 1,895
    RK50065 said:
    they communicated twice
    Not everyone has received any communication. Without the discussion on the forum I wouldn't have had a clue about what happened. 
    Are we getting something out of this all-encompassing trip?

Seems my preconceptions are what should have been burned...

I AM MINE