Official 2023 Ticket Lottery Results Thread

Comments

• PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,316
    Still trying to wrap my head around - and there will never be an answer - how folks had Reserved Chicago as a third and fourth option and got seats but many people had them as 1 or 2 and didn’t.  Mind boggling.
    This is the part that is most frustrating to me. 
  • JC29866 said:
    I got both Chicago 1 (1st priority) and Chicago 2 (2nd priority),  great seats in 101 1st row ..#168xxx

Clicked all boxes as 10club advised…

The system works!   
    I have a far lower number than you and I'm behind you in the same section.

I had, oh I don't know... a 10 year run of being no worse than 4th row when things were strictly by seniority. Since the switch it's been difficult to get tickets to shows anymore. The system most definitely DOESN'T WORK (as it's described). It doesn't help that 10C changed my number the first year I paid online and said the membership number doesn't mean anything. I was 40,xxx and moved up nearly 100,000 in number after that fiasco.

Put in for Chicago 2, Indy, Chicago 1 for priority, and ended up with only Chicago 2, behind a whole bunch of folks who's membership number is higher than mine. Confirmed on the last tour in Hamilton and Toronto that people in front of us for rows were all 200,000+ higher members or even non members who bought tickets through various 3rd party sites.

I honestly didn't expect this to work well, it hasn't for years. I essentially don't come here or follow much at all because there's been some folks managing things in the club that are not customer (fan) focused. This is why tickets continue to be a mess. I would have much rather taken my chance on Ticketmaster, because it would have worked out better.
    '95 - 7/8, 7/9
    '98 - 8/17, 8/18, 8/23
    '99 - 10/30, 10/31
    '00 - 8/18, 8/20, 8/21, 10/05, 10/07, 10/08, 10/09, 10/21, 10/22, 11/05, 11/06
    '01 - 10/20, 10/21, 10/22
    '02 - 9/23
    '03 - 04/25, 4/26, 6/18, 6/21, 6/22, 6/25, 6/26, 6/28
    '04 - 10/03
    '05 - 9/11, 9/12
    '06 - 5/19, 5/22
    '09 - 8/21, 8/23, 8/24
    '10 - 5/17, 5/18
    '11 - 9/11, 9/12
    '13 - 7/16, 7/19, 10/21, 10/22
    '14 - 10/16
    '16 - 8/20
    '18 - 8/20
    '22 - 9/6, 9/8
    '23 - 9/5, 9/7
    '24 - (hopefully) 8/29, 8/31
  • RyanRyan Posts: 1,095
    riley540 said:
    Ryan said:
    riley540 said:
    About 12 hours in now. Still waiting my my only pick… St. Paul night 1. There’s still time. Slow and steady wins the race 
    And I got St. Paul 1 with my 4th pick.
    But I didn’t get Austin 1 with my 2nd pick, or St Paul 2 with my third pick.
    Jeez Ryan, making me feel even better over here!! Lol. Congrats! Something weird happened on the back end. Super happy for everyone who got picked regardless 
    Just wanted to point out how messed up this was.  Keep checking fan to fan when it opens and you’ll get a good ticket.
    2003 - June 15 Fargo
    2005 - Sept 1 George, Sept 8 Winnipeg
    2006 - May 9/10 Toronto, June 26/27 St. Paul, July 22/23 George, Oct 21/22 Mountain View
    2007 - Aug 2/5 Chicago
    2008 - June 22 Washington, June 24/25 New York
    2009 - Aug 21 Toronto, Aug 23/24 Chicago, Sept 21/22 Seattle, Oct 27/28/30/31 Philadelphia
    2010 - May 15 Hartford, May 17 Boston, Oct 23/24 Mountain View
    2011 - Sept 3/4 Alpine Valley, Sept 11/12 Toronto, Sept 17 Winnipeg, Sept 19 Saskatoon
    2012 - Sept 30 Missoula
    2013 - July 16 London, July 19 Chicago, Oct 12 Buffalo, Dec 2 Calgary, Dec 4 Vancouver, Dec 6 Seattle
    2014 - Oct 16 Detroit, Oct 19 St. Paul, Oct 20 Milwaukee
    2015 - Sept 23 (Colbert)/Sept 26, New York
    2016 - Apr 28/29 Philadelphia, May 10/12 Toronto, Aug 20/22 Chicago
  • 3days3days Posts: 1,157
    EA17313 said:
    Are people who are saying they didn’t get it say that because they were explicitly rejected or because they just haven’t heard back yet? 
    This. I'm guessing the latter. No one is certain of the outcome.
  • SaravaSarava Posts: 2,019
    It would be entirely reasonable that the first pass for each event would be drawing “Reserved Only” for seats, as some/many would have specified that option for physical/health reasons (along with the fact that —without a “GA Only” option—they’re the only ones who listed a specific preference). It’s common in this type of thing to assign the most restrictive set first. If enough people checked that option (including many who likely ALSO checked “GA/Reserved”), then there may not have been many Reserved seats left once they got to drawing Reserved seats for people who only checked “GA/Reserved” and didn’t get GA. 
    Exact this is not reasonable at all
    Oh?
    Why would it be reasonable to select from the Reserved only entries first for Reserved seats before selecting from the GA Reserved entries? It's not reasonable at all.
    I said why in the very first sentence: “ some/many would have specified that option for physical/health reasons”. 
    If that was the case, they shouldnt have told people to select all options you are willing to accept for the best chance. Your reason would mean selecting all options gives you a worse chance.
  • BloodMeridian80BloodMeridian80 Seattle Posts: 643
    PJNB said:
    It would be entirely reasonable that the first pass for each event would be drawing “Reserved Only” for seats, as some/many would have specified that option for physical/health reasons (along with the fact that —without a “GA Only” option—they’re the only ones who listed a specific preference). It’s common in this type of thing to assign the most restrictive set first. If enough people checked that option (including many who likely ALSO checked “GA/Reserved”), then there may not have been many Reserved seats left once they got to drawing Reserved seats for people who only checked “GA/Reserved” and didn’t get GA. 
    Oh?
    Why would it be reasonable to select from the Reserved only entries first for Reserved seats before selecting from the GA Reserved entries? It's not reasonable at all.
    I said why in the very first sentence: “ some/many would have specified that option for physical/health reasons”. 
    Lol what am I even reading here. 
    I find this chorus of random excuses interesting
  • NewfieintheUSANewfieintheUSA Posts: 2,414
    3days said:
    EA17313 said:
    Are people who are saying they didn’t get it say that because they were explicitly rejected or because they just haven’t heard back yet? 
    The chances of getting a GA or Reserved email at this point is low if you haven't heard yet
  • machinehummachinehum Posts: 166
    edited April 2023

Post edited by machinehum on
  • regalturboregalturbo Posts: 299
    edited April 2023
    Ryan said:
    riley540 said:
    About 12 hours in now. Still waiting my my only pick… St. Paul night 1. There’s still time. Slow and steady wins the race 
    And I got St. Paul 1 with my 4th pick.
    But I didn’t get Austin 1 with my 2nd pick, or St Paul 2 with my third pick.

I have the opposite.  Put in for GA/Res (just the first box checked) for St. Paul as 1st/2nd priorities and same for Austin 3rd/4th.  I got seats for both Austin shows.  Still waiting to hear on St. Paul shows.  I just wish we could have a better understanding of how the system (supposedly) works so we could make our priorities list accordingly.  I would also like to see a thread just of the number people who put St. Paul as priority #1 and were shut out...
    Post edited by regalturbo on
    edited April 2023

• SaravaSarava Posts: 2,019
    Kevinman said:
    I’m still curious where they’re hiding the Chicago side/behind stage and the Indy lawn tickets
    Good question…..I think tomorrow will bring more tickets awarded…..probably not any answers though
    I just sent them an email asking why people with #1 priorities are apparently losing out to be people with lower priorities. We'll see what they say, if they answer me.
    PJNB said:
    Oh?
    Shrug? You’re reading exactly what a number of people have posted in this thread and the rumors thread? “I chose Reserved only because I can’t stand for XYZ reason”. That’s one of the, if not the top reason, for it to be offered as a choice to begin with? Tell me you don’t work in a field where you have to pay attention to human bodies without telling me…
    Noone is questioning why someone would select Reserved only, it is just your rationale that it would make sense to prioritize those entries over the GA/Reserved entries. 
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,424
    edited April 2023
    PJNB said:
    Oh?
    Shrug? You’re reading exactly what a number of people have posted in this thread and the rumors thread? “I chose Reserved only because I can’t stand for XYZ reason”. That’s one of the, if not the top reason, for it to be offered as a choice to begin with? Tell me you don’t work in a field where you have to pay attention to human bodies without telling me…
    Haha ok were done here. TM cares about you and your body since you selected reserved only and there for must not be as able as someone who selected GA/reserved. Makes sense!
    edited April 2023

• KevinmanKevinman Posts: 1,909
    Sarava said:
    Kevinman said:
    I’m still curious where they’re hiding the Chicago side/behind stage and the Indy lawn tickets
    Good question…..I think tomorrow will bring more tickets awarded…..probably not any answers though
    I just sent them an email asking why people with #1 priorities are apparently losing out to be people with lower priorities. We'll see what they say, if they answer me.
    I’d love to hear their answer….not holding my breath though.
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    06.18.03  Chicago | 06.21.03  Alpine Valley
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    05.16.06  Chicago | 05.17.06  Chicago | 06.29.06  Milwaukee
    08.02.07  Chicago | 08.05.07  Chicago
    08.23.09  Chicago | 08.24.09  Chicago
    05.07.10  Noblesville | 05.09.10  Cleveland
    09.03.11  Alpine Valley | 09.04.11  Alpine Valley
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
    3days said:
    EA17313 said:
    The chances of getting a GA or Reserved email at this point is low if you haven't heard yet
    Respect, and I know it's frustrating, but how do you know? I'm still waiting on my 3rd pick. I have no idea if I'll get it. None of us do, because none of us know the process. There have been stops, hiccups, and surprised people all day today. No one knows if it's low. Supposedly, we have like 4 more hours to find out.
    edited April 2023

PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    Oh?
    Haha ok were done here. TM cares about you and your body since you selected reserved only and there for must not be as able as someone who selected GA/reserved. Makes sense!
    I’m afraid to see the response to this…
  • Red 81Red 81 Posts: 29
    JC29866 said:
    Red 81 said:
    JC29866 said:
    I got both Chicago 1 (1st priority) and Chicago 2 (2nd priority),  great seats in 101 1st row ..#168xxx

The system works!   
    Really, tell that to someone who had Chicago 2 as priority 1 and didnt get a ticket. (clicked all boxes as well)
    It’s a lottery.  I’ve been shut out many times over the years, and won many times as well.  The lottery is a chance for everyone,  not a guarantee.  If you don’t hit the Powerball jackpot, you can’t blame the nice lady pulling the number balls. 
    But in this lottery noone with a priority 2 should win ahead of a priority one for the same seat type
    Its the show that's the priority, not the ticket type request for the show. From what I am reading here, people are mixing the ticket type request with priority, how could that ever be fair when the options are some what redundant, GA or Reserved, & Reserved. 

But if your show is priority 1, and you clicked all seats, there is no when in hell that anyone that has that show as priority 2 get a ticket before you. 

edited April 2023
    3days said:
    3days said:
    EA17313 said:
    Respect, and I know it's frustrating, but how do you know? I'm still waiting on my 3rd pick. I have no idea if I'll get it. None of us do, because none of us know the process. There have been stops, hiccups, and surprised people all day today. No one knows if it's low. Supposedly, we have like 4 more hours to find out.
    Experience in previous TC lotteries
    Post edited by NewfieintheUSA on
  • jimjam1982jimjam1982 Posts: 1,395
    Sarava said:
    Kevinman said:
    I got multiple non English speakers just replying in broken English saying random lottery no rules. Good luck and thank you for choosing tickets today. Asked to speak to someone else they said no guarantees, thank you for choosing ticketstoday. It's no wonder the lottery was fucked they moved it offshore 
    Red 81 said:
    JC29866 said:
    Red 81 said:
    JC29866 said:

The system works!   
    Really, tell that to someone who had Chicago 2 as priority 1 and didnt get a ticket. (clicked all boxes as well)
    It’s a lottery.  I’ve been shut out many times over the years, and won many times as well.  The lottery is a chance for everyone,  not a guarantee.  If you don’t hit the Powerball jackpot, you can’t blame the nice lady pulling the number balls. 
    But in this lottery noone with a priority 2 should win ahead of a priority one for the same seat type
    Its the show that's the priority, not the ticket type request for the show. From what I am reading here, people are mixing the ticket type request with priority, how could that ever be fair when the options are some what redundant, GA or Reserved, & Reserved. 

But if your show is priority 1, and you clicked all seats, there is no when in hell that anyone that has that show as priority 2 get a ticket before you. 

Yes
  • JbabbingtonJbabbington Posts: 151
    Sarava said:
    Kevinman said:
    Same thing they sent me.

"Now in regard to your inquiry, this is a random lottery. Fans will be notified of their ticket status by the night of Tuesday, April 25"
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,424
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    Oh?
    Obviously nobody at TM gives a shit about you. They do care about making money, and they do a lot of research and analysis, and they know that with an act whose fan base is predominantly 40+, a whole lot of them won’t spend a bunch of money to stand…
     A sale is a sale whether its from the GA/Res group or the Res only group when it comes to the RES lotto. You are making zero sense. 
  • fixer123fixer123 Posts: 140
    Still trying to wrap my head around - and there will never be an answer - how folks had Reserved Chicago as a third and fourth option and got seats but many people had them as 1 or 2 and didn’t.  Mind boggling.
    This
    This
    think I'll throw these pills away...
    I've gotten some late notifications. HOURS after others were getting emails. OR maybe it was just my assumption that the notifications were late.
  • Evel KEvel K Posts: 526
    Oh?
    It was confusing with the GA/ Reserved option but it was like using your first priority for a shot at GA and reducing your chances for limited reserve. People who physically can't do GA would have the worst odds and that doesn't seem reasonable. 
    Things were different then
  • D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,833
    Wow, that was a lot of reading.   
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....Las Vegas N1, Las Vegas N2, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Boston N1, Boston N2
    2025.....????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
  • RansomPTDRansomPTD Posts: 297
    edited April 2023
    So I got tickets to St. Paul night 2. I checked GA/Reserved and Reserved as my choices for that night only. I got Reserved seating in the 115 section. After reading through this thread I’ve read some with higher numbers getting a closer section or a way closer section to the stage. Don’t get me wrong I’m very happy to get the tickets but, I just wondering how people with higher numbers got closer with seniority supposedly in play. 
    Post edited by RansomPTD on
  • LaFleurLaFleur Posts: 810
    JC29866 said:

The system works!   
    I have a far lower number than you and I'm behind you in the same section.

I had, oh I don't know... a 10 year run of being no worse than 4th row when things were strictly by seniority. Since the switch it's been difficult to get tickets to shows anymore. The system most definitely DOESN'T WORK (as it's described). It doesn't help that 10C changed my number the first year I paid online and said the membership number doesn't mean anything. I was 40,xxx and moved up nearly 100,000 in number after that fiasco.

Put in for Chicago 2, Indy, Chicago 1 for priority, and ended up with only Chicago 2, behind a whole bunch of folks who's membership number is higher than mine. Confirmed on the last tour in Hamilton and Toronto that people in front of us for rows were all 200,000+ higher members or even non members who bought tickets through various 3rd party sites.

I honestly didn't expect this to work well, it hasn't for years. I essentially don't come here or follow much at all because there's been some folks managing things in the club that are not customer (fan) focused. This is why tickets continue to be a mess. I would have much rather taken my chance on Ticketmaster, because it would have worked out better.
    Not sure i'd call 140xxx "far" lower than 168xxx, out of 700xxx or whatever.
    Barrie - '98
    Toronto - '96, '00, '03, '05, '06, '16, '20, '22
    Ottawa - '16, '20, '22
    Hamilton - '20, '22