Official 2023 Ticket Lottery Results Thread

Comments

• fixer123fixer123 Posts: 140
    Before today, I didn’t know whether I was the boxer or the bag. Now, I definitely know the answer.
    think I'll throw these pills away...
  • chriszeechriszee Posts: 107
    Sarava said:
    Kevinman said:
    I’m still curious where they’re hiding the Chicago side/behind stage and the Indy lawn tickets
    Good question…..I think tomorrow will bring more tickets awarded…..probably not any answers though
    I just sent them an email asking why people with #1 priorities are apparently losing out to be people with lower priorities. We'll see what they say, if they answer me.
    Same thing they sent me.

"Now in regard to your inquiry, this is a random lottery. Fans will be notified of their ticket status by the night of Tuesday, April 25"
    10c should have a response for this. If this is the case so be it. They should also explain the seniority issues we are seeing. The response will undoubtedly be “the venue decides which seats are best”
  • Red 81Red 81 Posts: 29
    Sarava said:
    Kevinman said:
    I’m still curious where they’re hiding the Chicago side/behind stage and the Indy lawn tickets
    Good question…..I think tomorrow will bring more tickets awarded…..probably not any answers though
    I just sent them an email asking why people with #1 priorities are apparently losing out to be people with lower priorities. We'll see what they say, if they answer me.
    I got multiple non English speakers just replying in broken English saying random lottery no rules. Good luck and thank you for choosing tickets today. Asked to speak to someone else they said no guarantees, thank you for choosing ticketstoday. It's no wonder the lottery was fucked they moved it offshore 
    If this is true not sure what the point is paying yearly subscription to just deal with the same BS
  • Hurls15Hurls15 Posts: 161
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    It would be entirely reasonable that the first pass for each event would be drawing “Reserved Only” for seats, as some/many would have specified that option for physical/health reasons (along with the fact that —without a “GA Only” option—they’re the only ones who listed a specific preference). It’s common in this type of thing to assign the most restrictive set first. If enough people checked that option (including many who likely ALSO checked “GA/Reserved”), then there may not have been many Reserved seats left once they got to drawing Reserved seats for people who only checked “GA/Reserved” and didn’t get GA. 
    Exact this is not reasonable at all
    Oh?
    Why would it be reasonable to select from the Reserved only entries first for Reserved seats before selecting from the GA Reserved entries? It's not reasonable at all.
    I said why in the very first sentence: “ some/many would have specified that option for physical/health reasons”. 
    Lol what am I even reading here. 
    Shrug? You’re reading exactly what a number of people have posted in this thread and the rumors thread? “I chose Reserved only because I can’t stand for XYZ reason”. That’s one of the, if not the top reason, for it to be offered as a choice to begin with? Tell me you don’t work in a field where you have to pay attention to human bodies without telling me…
    Haha ok were done here. TM cares about you and your body since you selected reserved only and there for must not be as able as someone who selected GA/reserved. Makes sense!
    Obviously nobody at TM gives a shit about you. They do care about making money, and they do a lot of research and analysis, and they know that with an act whose fan base is predominantly 40+, a whole lot of them won’t spend a bunch of money to stand…
    I wouldn't even give them that much credit. I would guess that was an unintended oversight in their program.  Or it was spotted but the 10C camp and that is why they were making it very clear that you should select all types that you are willing to accept.  Who knows.. 
  • RVMMFCRVMMFC Posts: 435
    bbiggs said:
    Still trying to wrap my head around - and there will never be an answer - how folks had Reserved Chicago as a third and fourth option and got seats but many people had them as 1 or 2 and didn’t.  Mind boggling.
    It is unexplainable despite the fact that many are trying to do so.

Its a lottery, so someone could get chosen for all nine shows and get all their choices whereas others who had entered get nothing - simple as that.

Where the show was in your order only matters if you actually got picked
    " I said there's nothing wrong with what you say. Believe me just asking you to sway. No white or black just grey. Can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain?"
  • pjtroy34pjtroy34 Posts: 8
    Ryan said:
    riley540 said:
    About 12 hours in now. Still waiting my my only pick… St. Paul night 1. There’s still time. Slow and steady wins the race 
    And I got St. Paul 1 with my 4th pick.
    But I didn’t get Austin 1 with my 2nd pick, or St Paul 2 with my third pick.

I have the opposite.  Put in for GA/Res (just the first box checked) for St. Paul as 1st/2nd priorities and same for Austin 3rd/4th.  I got seats for both Austin shows.  Still waiting to hear on St. Paul shows.  I just wish we could have a better understanding of how the system (supposedly) works so we could make our priorities list accordingly.  I would also like to see a thread just of the number people who put St. Paul as priority #1 and were shut out...
    I was shut out of St Paul as my 1st and 2nd choices. Got Austin later in day. 

It seems you either got both shows or neither?
  • So, if my tickets today page says "request received" and not "screw you, asshole!" I'm still in the running? This is dumb.
  • NewfieintheUSANewfieintheUSA Posts: 2,414
    RVMMFC said:
    bbiggs said:
    Still trying to wrap my head around - and there will never be an answer - how folks had Reserved Chicago as a third and fourth option and got seats but many people had them as 1 or 2 and didn’t.  Mind boggling.

Its a lottery, so someone could get chosen for all nine shows and get all their choices whereas others who had entered get nothing - simple as that.

This is not how it is supposed to work
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,873
    D-Rod said:
    Wow, that was a lot of reading.   
    Can you summarize it? 
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • RVMMFCRVMMFC Posts: 435
    edited April 2023
    JC29866 said:
    Red 81 said:
    JC29866 said:
    I got both Chicago 1 (1st priority) and Chicago 2 (2nd priority),  great seats in 101 1st row ..#168xxx

Clicked all boxes as 10club advised…

The system works!   
    Really, tell that to someone who had Chicago 2 as priority 1 and didnt get a ticket. (clicked all boxes as well)
    It’s a lottery.  I’ve been shut out many times over the years, and won many times as well.  The lottery is a chance for everyone,  not a guarantee.  If you don’t hit the Powerball jackpot, you can’t blame the nice lady pulling the number balls. 
    But in this lottery noone with a priority 2 should win ahead of a priority one for the same seat type

of course they should - its not a lottery done by priority ranking - the ranking only comes into play once chosen

One persons entry at 9 in the ranking is just as good an entry with an equal chance of getting chosen as someone that had the same show at choice 1
    Post edited by RVMMFC on
    " I said there's nothing wrong with what you say. Believe me just asking you to sway. No white or black just grey. Can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain?"
  • 3days3days Posts: 1,157
    Still not 1 mention of lawn tickets or behind/side stage tickets. That tells me that they haven't completely sorted the other options yet. 
  • NewfieintheUSANewfieintheUSA Posts: 2,414
    RVMMFC said:
    JC29866 said:
    Red 81 said:
    JC29866 said:
    I got both Chicago 1 (1st priority) and Chicago 2 (2nd priority),  great seats in 101 1st row ..#168xxx

The system works!   
    Really, tell that to someone who had Chicago 2 as priority 1 and didnt get a ticket. (clicked all boxes as well)
    It’s a lottery.  I’ve been shut out many times over the years, and won many times as well.  The lottery is a chance for everyone,  not a guarantee.  If you don’t hit the Powerball jackpot, you can’t blame the nice lady pulling the number balls. 
    But in this lottery noone with a priority 2 should win ahead of a priority one for the same seat type

of course they should - its not a lottery done by priority ranking - the ranking only comes into play once chosen
    No, that is not how this ever has worked
  • Doug87Doug87 Posts: 442
    Red 81 said:
    Sarava said:
    Kevinman said:
    I got multiple non English speakers just replying in broken English saying random lottery no rules. Good luck and thank you for choosing tickets today. Asked to speak to someone else they said no guarantees, thank you for choosing ticketstoday. It's no wonder the lottery was fucked they moved it offshore 
    If this is true not sure what the point is paying yearly subscription to just deal with the same BS

• machinehummachinehum Posts: 166
    edited April 2023

Post edited by machinehum on
  • Manu117Manu117 Posts: 109
    RVMMFC said:
    bbiggs said:

This.

It's a lottery. 

If 1000 people requested tickets for Chicago N1 and they only had 500, then 500 people are outta luck. It seems priority might only increase your odds of winning (how much, we don't know), but it doesn't guarantee anything.

And so on and so forth for each show.

That's how someone could get lucky 5 times and get tickets for 5 shows, and someone else might get unlucky and get nothing. 
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,945
    RVMMFC said:
    bbiggs said:

None of the previous 10C lotteries were run this way.

• marra2312marra2312 Posts: 53
    RVMMFC said:
    bbiggs said:

Which renders the point of the priority question completely redundant, no? 

The show priority question is one that nobody has been able to answer all day.
  • RansomPTDRansomPTD Posts: 297
    LaFleur said:
    JC29866 said:

The system works!   
    I have a far lower number than you and I'm behind you in the same section.

I had, oh I don't know... a 10 year run of being no worse than 4th row when things were strictly by seniority. Since the switch it's been difficult to get tickets to shows anymore. The system most definitely DOESN'T WORK (as it's described). It doesn't help that 10C changed my number the first year I paid online and said the membership number doesn't mean anything. I was 40,xxx and moved up nearly 100,000 in number after that fiasco.

Put in for Chicago 2, Indy, Chicago 1 for priority, and ended up with only Chicago 2, behind a whole bunch of folks who's membership number is higher than mine. Confirmed on the last tour in Hamilton and Toronto that people in front of us for rows were all 200,000+ higher members or even non members who bought tickets through various 3rd party sites.

I honestly didn't expect this to work well, it hasn't for years. I essentially don't come here or follow much at all because there's been some folks managing things in the club that are not customer (fan) focused. This is why tickets continue to be a mess. I would have much rather taken my chance on Ticketmaster, because it would have worked out better.
    Not sure i'd call 140xxx "far" lower than 168xxx, out of 700xxx or whatever.
    According to the Ten Club he should still have the better seats due to seniority. 
  • jimjam1982jimjam1982 Posts: 1,395
    RVMMFC said:
    JC29866 said:
    Red 81 said:
    JC29866 said:

The system works!   

One persons entry at 9 in the ranking is just as good an entry with an equal chance of getting chosen as someone that had the same show at choice 1
    It's like you are missing brain cells. If this was the way you would have austin and dfw emails at the start too.

It goes by city and GA first. Then reserved based on priority of shows. 

Ticketmaster botched it and 10c may or may not be trying to make it right. TBD if they get a scathing email tomorrow about their lack of support for the people that keep this band afloat.
  • craigraethercraigraether Posts: 1,298
    edited April 2023
    Ive been thinking and in all the reading there is a common theme, About 1.4 did very well, Seeing some scoring on 6 of 6 with a GA and good seats and others next to nothing. Then for Austin people started getting a second fulfillment for a show already won. I want to think that not all, or a large number of 10c members entries were not in their system. When this was discovered and TM attempted to load the missing members it happened while Austin was being pulled and it reset the entries and start doubling up.. Once it caught up people started scoring but with much worse seats then they others with higher 10c or higher priorities. 
  • BloodMeridian80BloodMeridian80 Seattle Posts: 643
    RVMMFC said:
    JC29866 said:
    Red 81 said:
    JC29866 said:

The system works!   

WTF? No.
  • dlesko619dlesko619 Posts: 20
    Evel K said:
    It would be entirely reasonable that the first pass for each event would be drawing “Reserved Only” for seats, as some/many would have specified that option for physical/health reasons (along with the fact that —without a “GA Only” option—they’re the only ones who listed a specific preference). It’s common in this type of thing to assign the most restrictive set first. If enough people checked that option (including many who likely ALSO checked “GA/Reserved”), then there may not have been many Reserved seats left once they got to drawing Reserved seats for people who only checked “GA/Reserved” and didn’t get GA. 
    Exact this is not reasonable at all
    Oh?
    Why would it be reasonable to select from the Reserved only entries first for Reserved seats before selecting from the GA Reserved entries? It's not reasonable at all.
    It was confusing with the GA/ Reserved option but it was like using your first priority for a shot at GA and reducing your chances for limited reserve. People who physically can't do GA would have the worst odds and that doesn't seem reasonable. 
    I had knee replacement last year. I'm fine but standing for 3+ hours isn't fun. That's why I put in for reserved seating only. It doesn't make sense how my odds go down because of that. I ain't complaining though. 

• darwinstheorydarwinstheory Posts: 6,276

"A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • JBob87JBob87 Posts: 457
    RVMMFC said:
    JC29866 said:
    Red 81 said:
    JC29866 said:

The system works!   

So then why did no one get GA with a 2nd or later pick? Seems statistically uh improbable under the system you laid out. 
  • Red 81Red 81 Posts: 29
    Manu117 said:
    RVMMFC said:
    bbiggs said:

This.

It's a lottery. 

If 1000 people requested tickets for Chicago N1 and they only had 500, then 500 people are outta luck. It seems priority might only increase your odds of winning (how much, we don't know), but it doesn't guarantee anything.

That's how someone could get lucky 5 times and get tickets for 5 shows, and someone else might get unlucky and get nothing. 
    by that logic, priority has nothing to do with it. Its essentially a completely random lottery. and it comes down to your number drawn or not. 

????
  • mb204469mb204469 Posts: 2
    As usual this lottery process is quite bizarre. I requested both FW and both ATX as GA/Reserved, and lo and behold, I got the 4 shows, only one GA (FW), the rest reserved with decent loacations. #671xxx
    Doug87 said:

????
    I wonder if this lottery mess up is going to result in extra shows being added.

Might be implied there................
  • Manu117Manu117 Posts: 109
    Red 81 said:
    Manu117 said:
    RVMMFC said:
    bbiggs said:

This.

It's a lottery. 

by that logic, priority has nothing to do with it. Its essentially a completely random lottery. and it comes down to your number drawn or not. 
    Exactly. DMB lotteries works the same way. You can assign priority to a single show to increase your chances, but it doesn't guarantee you'll get it. 
  • SaravaSarava Posts: 2,019
    Manu117 said:
    RVMMFC said:
    bbiggs said:

This.

It's a lottery. 

The Ten Club page calls this a presale, not a lottery. The word is not used at all on that page at least.

https://pearljam.com/ten-club/event/pearl-jam-2023-us-tour-presale