Official 2023 Ticket Lottery Results Thread

Comments

• riley540riley540 Denver Colorado Posts: 1,132
    lahren said:
    riley540 said:
    CopperTom said:
    Shumway35 said:
    I think it is clear that anyone who choose Ga/ Reserved only and didn’t get GA were not entered into the lottery for reserved. Not sure if that was a system error or not. 

That's been a thought of mine too.
    That pesky “GA or Reserved” button was just a lie the whole time! 
    Idk. I picked GA/reserved for both STP shows. Got GA for 1 and got reserved for 2. 
    First priority? 
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Posts: 14,352
    iwasthere said:
    mace1229 said:
    Cob said:
    mace1229 said:
    Since everyone was getting actual seats with their confirmation, seems unlikely to me that seniority played a role in seat location this time.
    Theyd have to confirm all winners first, then organize by member number before assigning seats. They didn’t do that all at once.
     Not true, my number is .+/-  309,000 I got Sec 115 Austin night 1 and G/A Pit Austin night 2, people in here posted their number was +/-500,000 and they got 200's both nights for Austin.
    But there’s also plenty of posts where higher numbers got the same level as low numbers. 
    I have a 173XXX number and ended up in Sec 113 Night 1 in Austin. Then Sec 114 Night 2 in Austin. Surrounded by people with numbers twice as high. 

Aw, I hope you’ll have a blast with fresh blood that is passionately loving the band too!
  • Red 81Red 81 Posts: 29
    Anyone get any actual rejection emails yet? 
    I have not but fully expecting them at this point. 
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,945
    TonyB said:
    I put in Indy Deer Creek GA res and got section F front row behind the Board.  247xxx
    I put in Indy GA Res and got jack shit
    Put in for:
    Chi 2
    Chi 1
    Indy 
    StP 2

And also recieved jack shit.

My fiancé put in for 
    Chi 1
    Indy
    Chi 2

And worse than receiving jack shit, she received jack shit and still has me as a fiancé. 
    Didn't some people get Chicago with choice 2 or 3?
    Yes they did. Despite being present to the forums this evening, Kat and Sea have been eerily quiet regarding our concerns. I'm not on social media, but has there been ANY clarification/insight from any of the PJ mgmt?
    Don't hold your breath, brother.

• ReleaseMeReleaseMe Posts: 745
    lahren said:
    riley540 said:
    CopperTom said:
    Shumway35 said:
    I think it is clear that anyone who choose Ga/ Reserved only and didn’t get GA were not entered into the lottery for reserved. Not sure if that was a system error or not. 

Idk. I picked GA/reserved for both STP shows. Got GA for 1 and got reserved for 2. 
    Was Night 1 your first priority?
    2000 - Toronto
    2003 - Toronto
    2005 - Toronto
    2006 - Toronto I, Toronto II
    2009 - Toronto
    2011 - Hamilton
    2013 - Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2016 - Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II, Wrigley I, Wrigley II
    2018 - Seattle I, Seattle II, Fenway I, Fenway II
    2020 - Toronto, Hamilton
    2022 - Las Vegas, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - St. Paul I, St. Paul II
  • JbabbingtonJbabbington Posts: 151
    For what it's worth, I messaged the TicketsToday rep again asking when we'll all know or not and he said by 11:59 PM Tonight - didn't specify time zone.
  • lahrenlahren Posts: 111
    riley540 said:
    lahren said:
    riley540 said:
    CopperTom said:
    Shumway35 said:

First priority? 
    First priority was show 1. 
    For what it's worth, I messaged the TicketsToday rep again asking when we'll all know or not and he said by 11:59 PM Tonight - didn't specify time zone.
    11:59 could mean anything depending on where you are in the world 
  • KevinmanKevinman Posts: 1,909
    Anyone else think the notifications stopped because they realized there are issues?
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    06.18.03  Chicago | 06.21.03  Alpine Valley
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    05.16.06  Chicago | 05.17.06  Chicago | 06.29.06  Milwaukee
    08.02.07  Chicago | 08.05.07  Chicago
    08.23.09  Chicago | 08.24.09  Chicago
    05.07.10  Noblesville | 05.09.10  Cleveland
    09.03.11  Alpine Valley | 09.04.11  Alpine Valley
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
  • StardogChamp79StardogChamp79 Posts: 1,007
    I think Santos should be in charge of the tickets and do a psst… drop for each show. That could be fun!
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin (September 03, 2011); Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin (September 04, 2011); Deluna Fest Pensacola, FL (September 21, 2012); Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013); Milwaukee, WI (October 20, 2014); Wrigley Field I (August 20, 2016); Wrigley Field II (August 22, 2016); Home Shows Seattle Night 1 (August 08, 2018), Home Shows Seattle Night 2 (August 10, 2018), Apollo Theater (September 10, 2022), Madison Square Garden (September 11, 2022), Bourbon & Beyond Louisville (September 17th, 2022). 
  • lahrenlahren Posts: 111
    ReleaseMe said:
    lahren said:
    riley540 said:
    CopperTom said:
    Shumway35 said:

Was Night 1 your first priority?
    Yes. So your saying first priority didn't get a chance for reserved?

• jammerxjammerx Posts: 72
    there was a brief moment this afternoon that I had two pairs of reserved seats for Austin 1, but they fixed that quick. I hope one of you got the other set. 
    lahren said:
    riley540 said:
    lahren said:
    riley540 said:
    CopperTom said:
    Shumway35 said:

First priority? 
    Interesting! And you just did the “GA or Reserved” button? Not the second “Reserved Only” button? 
  • jerparker20jerparker20 Posts: 2,460
    CopperTom said:
    Shumway35 said:

I think a system error the website/ticketing software may be the culprit here. Maybe they run the GA pull first for those that did GA&Reserve. Then reserved for the reserved folks. Then run those that did GA&Reserved but didn’t get picked in the GA pull. Could explain why we’re seeing old 10C numbers getting seats in the uppers and whatnot…
    edited April 2023
    riley540 said:
    lahren said:
    riley540 said:
    lahren said:
    riley540 said:
    CopperTom said:
    Shumway35 said:

First priority? 
    Interesting! And you just did the “GA or Reserved” button? Not the second “Reserved Only” button? 
    I did this for all shows except TX GA  or Reserved not the other choices. Got GA Night 1 MN 1st priority that’s all. Shut out of the rest. Grateful to get one!
    Post edited by StardogChamp79 on
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin (September 03, 2011); Alpine Valley Music Theatre East Troy, Wisconsin (September 04, 2011); Deluna Fest Pensacola, FL (September 21, 2012); Wrigley Field (July 19, 2013); Milwaukee, WI (October 20, 2014); Wrigley Field I (August 20, 2016); Wrigley Field II (August 22, 2016); Home Shows Seattle Night 1 (August 08, 2018), Home Shows Seattle Night 2 (August 10, 2018), Apollo Theater (September 10, 2022), Madison Square Garden (September 11, 2022), Bourbon & Beyond Louisville (September 17th, 2022). 
  • iwasthereiwasthere Posts: 511
    YAKIMATSU said:
    iwasthere said:
    mace1229 said:
    Cob said:
    mace1229 said:
    Since everyone was getting actual seats with their confirmation, seems unlikely to me that seniority played a role in seat location this time.
    Theyd have to confirm all winners first, then organize by member number before assigning seats. They didn’t do that all at once.
     Not true, my number is .+/-  309,000 I got Sec 115 Austin night 1 and G/A Pit Austin night 2, people in here posted their number was +/-500,000 and they got 200's both nights for Austin.
    But there’s also plenty of posts where higher numbers got the same level as low numbers. 
    I have a 173XXX number and ended up in Sec 113 Night 1 in Austin. Then Sec 114 Night 2 in Austin. Surrounded by people with numbers twice as high. 

That is strange.
    What row in 113?  I'm row c on the aisle with a 420xxx number for N1.  Scored GA for N2
    173,xxx and Row N of Sec 113 night 1 Austin and Row N of 114 night 2. I don't get it. 

tacos
  • craigraethercraigraether Posts: 1,298
    edited April 2023
    I am in the camp that this Lottery blows... they have no clue how to manage this.. its should be very simple. 

Take one 10 show run.. In TM system all seats are classified from best to worst already, the draw should go as follows.

For this example lets say you have 10 shows with equal demand with 100000 Requests, with an average of 4 requests per user. That is 25000 unique user accounts with each having 1 first request - spread amongst 10 Shows or 2500 per show 

Priority 1- 
    ALL Priority ones first... If you have total PJ allotment of 800GA and 9200 seats  

The 2500 requests are drawn giving ranking of 1 for GA, 2 for seats, all the GA rankings are assigned until exhausted, all the remaining requests are tabled and stacked in a database from 0-725000 ( 10C Number) and the algorithm assigns based on best to worst in seat quality until seats or requests are exhausted..

Priority 2, Second Priority are run in the same manner, If any GA remain, they would be fulfilled, followed by the seat requests by 10C number and seat quality....

Priority 3, same as two

All Reaming priorities are randomly selected for fulfillment- the remaining seat count is calculated and the lottery will grab the number of accounts to fill those seats - they will be tabled and ranked and seated in order from best to worst..  

In this manner - each member gets a true priority one, equal shot at GA, and in this model seats even for the newest 10 members will be in the top 10% in seat quality while still giving legacy members best seats.. Second Priority should be in the best 11-30% in seat quality etc..

You would think it would be more work to do this way, no... its all done in a tabled and ranked database and is completely automated.. I work at Oracle and databases are easy with selectable tables..

yes im pissed the my P1 selection was totally ignored and allowed people with 3-4th priority to get seats better than mine, and were assigned before I was even selected for seats, so the 10c didnt even factor in..                                                      
    Post edited by craigraether on
  • zachjgzachjg Posts: 105
    edited April 2023
    Can’t wait for the CEO of Ticketstoday 2am rejection email along with the message I’m no longer in the 10c and never will be again.

and sorry for anyone who has lost their job that way by some a-holes.
    Post edited by zachjg on
  • ReleaseMeReleaseMe Posts: 745
    riley540 said:
    lahren said:
    riley540 said:
    CopperTom said:
    Shumway35 said:

First priority? 
    I believe you and I are on the same boat?

No Email
    St. Paul Night One - Only Selection
    GA or Reserve

....this is a whole lot of craziness... like someone forgot to set the conditions where if the names aren't selected for GA, they will be put along with the pool of priority 1 Reserve Only.

Another person was able to secure Night 1 with their 4th priority :|
    2000 - Toronto
    2003 - Toronto
    2005 - Toronto
    2006 - Toronto I, Toronto II
    2009 - Toronto
    2011 - Hamilton
    2013 - Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2016 - Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II, Wrigley I, Wrigley II
    2018 - Seattle I, Seattle II, Fenway I, Fenway II
    2020 - Toronto, Hamilton
    2022 - Las Vegas, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - St. Paul I, St. Paul II
  • RDC0369RDC0369 Posts: 23
    Are emails still rolling out or is the a done deal? 
    Something went a little wrong today, obviously. 

First priority St. Paul missing out, while 5th priority St. Paul won tickets. 

All I know is… I’ll do the lottery again next tour because PJ is super damn good live! 
  • go prego pre Posts: 661
    So, what’s the deal here? Are they literally pulling names out of a hat and notifying everyone individually? With our technology being what it is, shouldn’t all of this stuff happen almost instantly? I mean, we put people on the frickin moon more than 50 years ago, yet we can’t seem to figure out shit like this? From the Benny Hall vinyl to today, Ten Club, Ticketmaster, etc. always seem to find ways to make things more difficult than it should be.
    There's a trapdoor in the sun.
    go pre said:
    So, what’s the deal here? Are they literally pulling names out of a hat and notifying everyone individually? With our technology being what it is, shouldn’t all of this stuff happen almost instantly? I mean, we put people on the frickin moon more than 50 years ago, yet we can’t seem to figure out shit like this? From the Benny Hall vinyl to today, Ten Club, Ticketmaster, etc. always seem to find ways to make things more difficult than it should be.
    Did we...? 🌕🚀
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,411
    We going all night? Should I get a late night sub?
    From where? Jersey Mike’s? Penn? 
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,945
    LaFleur said:
    PJNB said:
    Manu117 said:
    The way I see it, this is how the 10C ticket lottery works: 

1) lottery is done on a show-by-show basis
    2) anyone who put in for GA for show #1 is randomly selected from the pool
    3) priority increases your chance of being selected (maybe a 1.1 to 2x multiplier, but who knows; either way, while it increases your chances it doesn't guarantee anything)
    4) rinse and repeat for shows #2-9
    5) rinse and repeat for reserved seating for shows #1-9

Does that make sense? 

This process would be a simple way to run the lottery on a show-by-show basis, and would explain how some people might get multiple shows, while others get none, regardless of priority.

Just my 0.2 cents. 
    #3 makes zero sense and you are really just making that up though on nothing. 

The next part is not directed at anyone in particular 

If this was all true. If priority does not really matter like we are saying it is then why are we not seeing any 3rd/4th/5th/9th priorities winning GA? Its not happening. 

Its not happening because when they draw GA they start with, now wait for it, first priorities!!!! Say it with me... First Priorities!!! 

Same goes for reserved. Every lotto I have done this is how they did it. We have people here that go over this stuff with a fine tooth comb. We over analyze this stuff we scrutinize it. Years and years of this. When something is off we know its off and this lotto is very much off. 

What do we think is "off"?  I haven't read all the pages in the thread but followed along for a while today.  Has anyone posted actual confirmation someone won a higher priority that someone else had ranked first and whiffed?  So many people post BS here just to stir the pot.  And I'm sure the number of people that thought they were properly in the lottery but actually were not, is pretty far from 0.

Yes.  Several instances of this.  I get where you're coming from.  "Hmmm...something sounds fishy.  This doesn't pass the smell test."  After all, it is an internet forum with a bunch of random ass people making claims.  I get it.  But, the bold part is precisely what happened to me and several others that I know on these boards, all of whom are reliable and have an IQ high enough to enter the lottery correctly.  Life will go on, but I like transparency and clarity, both of which are lacking here as to what changed with the selection process of this year's lottery.   

• Doug87Doug87 Posts: 442
    edited April 2023
    Anyone with Google forms and spreadsheet could have run this better
  • KevinmanKevinman Posts: 1,909
    Doug87 said:
    Anyone with Google forms and spreadsheet could have run this better
    This seems to be a fact.
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    06.18.03  Chicago | 06.21.03  Alpine Valley
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    05.16.06  Chicago | 05.17.06  Chicago | 06.29.06  Milwaukee
    08.02.07  Chicago | 08.05.07  Chicago
    08.23.09  Chicago | 08.24.09  Chicago
    05.07.10  Noblesville | 05.09.10  Cleveland
    09.03.11  Alpine Valley | 09.04.11  Alpine Valley
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
  • machinehummachinehum Posts: 166
    edited April 2023

Post edited by machinehum on
  • solacesolace Posts: 114
    It would be entirely reasonable that the first pass for each event would be drawing “Reserved Only” for seats, as some/many would have specified that option for physical/health reasons (along with the fact that —without a “GA Only” option—they’re the only ones who listed a specific preference). It’s common in this type of thing to assign the most restrictive set first. If enough people checked that option (including many who likely ALSO checked “GA/Reserved”), then there may not have been many Reserved seats left once they got to drawing Reserved seats for people who only checked “GA/Reserved” and didn’t get GA. 
    I like this theory (well I hate it, but it seems very plausible)
  • IlliniGuy76IlliniGuy76 Posts: 563
    Still trying to wrap my head around - and there will never be an answer - how folks had Reserved Chicago as a third and fourth option and got seats but many people had them as 1 or 2 and didn’t.  Mind boggling.
    or you can come to terms and realize
    you're the only one who can forgive yourself oh yeah...
    makes much more sense to live in the present tense...

1995:  7/11 (Chicago) 2009: 8/23, 8/24 (Chicago) 2010:  5/9 (Cleveland) 2013 7/19 (Chicago) 2016: 4/9 (Miami), 5/1 (NYC), 8/20 & 8/22 (Chicago)
    2018: 8/18 (Chicago) & 8/20 (Chicago) 2022:  9/11 (NYC), 9/18 (STL) 2023:  9/5 (Chicago), 9/7 (Chicago) 2024:  8/29 (Chicago), 8/31 (Chicago)