Official 2023 Ticket Lottery Results Thread

Comments

• EddieredderEddieredder Posts: 740
    RVMMFC said:
    JC29866 said:
    Red 81 said:
    JC29866 said:
    I got both Chicago 1 (1st priority) and Chicago 2 (2nd priority),  great seats in 101 1st row ..#168xxx

Clicked all boxes as 10club advised…

The system works!   
    Really, tell that to someone who had Chicago 2 as priority 1 and didnt get a ticket. (clicked all boxes as well)
    It’s a lottery.  I’ve been shut out many times over the years, and won many times as well.  The lottery is a chance for everyone,  not a guarantee.  If you don’t hit the Powerball jackpot, you can’t blame the nice lady pulling the number balls. 
    But in this lottery noone with a priority 2 should win ahead of a priority one for the same seat type

of course they should - its not a lottery done by priority ranking - the ranking only comes into play once chosen
    No, that is not how this ever has worked
    See this as a pretty common response. Are we saying things don't change? They can't change? This process, and this membership, has all changed. You can bet it will also change again. 
  • JBob87JBob87 Posts: 457
    Manu117 said:
    Red 81 said:
    Manu117 said:
    RVMMFC said:
    bbiggs said:
    Still trying to wrap my head around - and there will never be an answer - how folks had Reserved Chicago as a third and fourth option and got seats but many people had them as 1 or 2 and didn’t.  Mind boggling.
    It is unexplainable despite the fact that many are trying to do so.

Its a lottery, so someone could get chosen for all nine shows and get all their choices whereas others who had entered get nothing - simple as that.

Where the show was in your order only matters if you actually got picked
    This.

It's a lottery. 

If 1000 people requested tickets for Chicago N1 and they only had 500, then 500 people are outta luck. It seems priority might only increase your odds of winning (how much, we don't know), but it doesn't guarantee anything.

And so on and so forth for each show.

That's how someone could get lucky 5 times and get tickets for 5 shows, and someone else might get unlucky and get nothing. 
    by that logic, priority has nothing to do with it. Its essentially a completely random lottery. and it comes down to your number drawn or not. 
    Exactly. DMB lotteries works the same way. You can assign priority to a single show to increase your chances, but it doesn't guarantee you'll get it. 
    Literally no one is saying that assigning something as Priority 1 guarantees you will get it
  • mb204469 said:
    As usual this lottery process is quite bizarre. I requested both FW and both ATX as GA/Reserved, and lo and behold, I got the 4 shows, only one GA (FW), the rest reserved with decent loacations. #671xxx
    Exact same for me.
    Austin, TX - 9/16/95 ~ Charleston, SC - 10/5/96 ~ Dallas, TX - 7/5/98 ~ San Antonio, TX - 4/5/03 ~ Denver, CO - 7/2/06 ~ EV - LA #2 - 4/13/08 ~ Austin, TX - 10/4/09 ~ Los Angeles, CA #1 - 11/23/13 ~ Los Angeles, CA #2 - 11/24/13 ~ Seattle, WA - 12/6/13 ~ NYC #1 - 5/1/16 ~ Boston, MA #1 - 8/5/16 ~ Boston, MA #2 - 8/7/16 ~ Boston, MA #1 - 9/2/18 ~ Boston, MA #2 - 9/4/18 ~ Louisville, KY - 9/17/22 ~ Ft. Worth, TX #1 - 9/13/23 ~ Ft. Worth, TX #2 - 9/15/23 ~ Austin, Texas #1 - 9/18/23 ~ Austin, Texas #2 - 9/19/23 ~ NYC #2 - 9/4/24 ~ Boston, MA #1 - 9/15/24 ~ Boston, MA #2 - 9/17/24
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,424
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    It would be entirely reasonable that the first pass for each event would be drawing “Reserved Only” for seats, as some/many would have specified that option for physical/health reasons (along with the fact that —without a “GA Only” option—they’re the only ones who listed a specific preference). It’s common in this type of thing to assign the most restrictive set first. If enough people checked that option (including many who likely ALSO checked “GA/Reserved”), then there may not have been many Reserved seats left once they got to drawing Reserved seats for people who only checked “GA/Reserved” and didn’t get GA. 
    Exact this is not reasonable at all
    Oh?
    Why would it be reasonable to select from the Reserved only entries first for Reserved seats before selecting from the GA Reserved entries? It's not reasonable at all.
    I said why in the very first sentence: “ some/many would have specified that option for physical/health reasons”. 
    Lol what am I even reading here. 
    Shrug? You’re reading exactly what a number of people have posted in this thread and the rumors thread? “I chose Reserved only because I can’t stand for XYZ reason”. That’s one of the, if not the top reason, for it to be offered as a choice to begin with? Tell me you don’t work in a field where you have to pay attention to human bodies without telling me…
    Haha ok were done here. TM cares about you and your body since you selected reserved only and there for must not be as able as someone who selected GA/reserved. Makes sense!
    Obviously nobody at TM gives a shit about you. They do care about making money, and they do a lot of research and analysis, and they know that with an act whose fan base is predominantly 40+, a whole lot of them won’t spend a bunch of money to stand…
     A sale is a sale whether its from the GA/Res group or the Res only group when it comes to the RES lotto. You are making zero sense. 
    Sigh. Yes, a sale is a sale. They only offer the “Reserved only” option because they want to *make sales* to people who won’t pay to stand. If people who won’t/can’t pay to stand for three hours consistently or systematically lose out on tickets to those who declare “I’m able to and prefer to stand”, which is what they explicitly said “GA/Reserve” meant, then they’d be likely to alienate a significant portion of older customers (who also are statistically much more valuable to the venue and act at the concession and merch lines) — or worse, find themselves looking at a class-action from folks with physical restrictions who don’t qualify for the very few ADA-designated seats at a venue. 

Look, it’s okay that you don’t have any experience working in this stuff, but it’s always preferable to not act like an asshole about subjects that you’re ignorant of. 
    Why didn't you say something before that you were some big fancy expert on the matter. Could of saved you paragraphs and paragraphs and paragraphs of typing! 

Sign me up for that class action if it ever occurs! 
  • Manu117Manu117 Posts: 109
    Doug87 said:
    Doug87 said:

????
    I wonder if this lottery mess up is going to result in extra shows being added.

Might be implied there................
    Maybe PJ should consider doing mini residencies like LCD soundsystem... Choose a city and do 5-10 shows in it. Then take a break before doing another city 6 months later.

LCD started doing that because they're too old and tired to tour, and privileged enough to be able to do that. Could be a good fit for PJ since they don't do big tours and their fans will travel anyway. 
  • LaFleurLaFleur Posts: 810
    RansomPTD said:
    LaFleur said:
    JC29866 said:
    I got both Chicago 1 (1st priority) and Chicago 2 (2nd priority),  great seats in 101 1st row ..#168xxx

The system works!   
    I have a far lower number than you and I'm behind you in the same section.

I had, oh I don't know... a 10 year run of being no worse than 4th row when things were strictly by seniority. Since the switch it's been difficult to get tickets to shows anymore. The system most definitely DOESN'T WORK (as it's described). It doesn't help that 10C changed my number the first year I paid online and said the membership number doesn't mean anything. I was 40,xxx and moved up nearly 100,000 in number after that fiasco.

Put in for Chicago 2, Indy, Chicago 1 for priority, and ended up with only Chicago 2, behind a whole bunch of folks who's membership number is higher than mine. Confirmed on the last tour in Hamilton and Toronto that people in front of us for rows were all 200,000+ higher members or even non members who bought tickets through various 3rd party sites.

I honestly didn't expect this to work well, it hasn't for years. I essentially don't come here or follow much at all because there's been some folks managing things in the club that are not customer (fan) focused. This is why tickets continue to be a mess. I would have much rather taken my chance on Ticketmaster, because it would have worked out better.
    Not sure i'd call 140xxx "far" lower than 168xxx, out of 700xxx or whatever.
    According to the Ten Club he should still have the better seats due to seniority. 
    And I suspect they do (at least according to whoever decides which is better).
    Barrie - '98
    Toronto - '96, '00, '03, '05, '06, '16, '20, '22
    Ottawa - '16, '20, '22
    Hamilton - '20, '22
  • chiwhitesoxchiwhitesox Posts: 696

- Chicago G

chicago98-chicago00-chicago03-east troy03-chicago06-chicago09-east troy11_2-chicago13-moline14-milwaukee14-lexington16-chicago16_1-chicago16_2-chicago18_1-chicago18_2
  • machinehummachinehum Posts: 166
    edited April 2023

Post edited by machinehum on
    That Santos post is the old one from April 3rd
    Sarava said:
    Manu117 said:
    RVMMFC said:
    bbiggs said:
    Still trying to wrap my head around - and there will never be an answer - how folks had Reserved Chicago as a third and fourth option and got seats but many people had them as 1 or 2 and didn’t.  Mind boggling.

Its a lottery, so someone could get chosen for all nine shows and get all their choices whereas others who had entered get nothing - simple as that.

This.

It's a lottery. 

If 1000 people requested tickets for Chicago N1 and they only had 500, then 500 people are outta luck. It seems priority might only increase your odds of winning (how much, we don't know), but it doesn't guarantee anything.

That's how someone could get lucky 5 times and get tickets for 5 shows, and someone else might get unlucky and get nothing. 
    The Ten Club page calls this a presale, not a lottery. The word is not used at all on that page at least.

https://pearljam.com/ten-club/event/pearl-jam-2023-us-tour-presale
    You are requesting tickets and have "chances" to be confirmed... Pretty much a lottery (unless requests don't exceed inventory). 
  • RVMMFCRVMMFC Posts: 435
    RVMMFC said:
    bbiggs said:

This is not how it is supposed to work
    JBob87 said:
    RVMMFC said:
    JC29866 said:
    Red 81 said:
    JC29866 said:

The system works!   
    Really, tell that to someone who had Chicago 2 as priority 1 and didnt get a ticket. (clicked all boxes as well)
    It’s a lottery.  I’ve been shut out many times over the years, and won many times as well.  The lottery is a chance for everyone,  not a guarantee.  If you don’t hit the Powerball jackpot, you can’t blame the nice lady pulling the number balls. 
    But in this lottery noone with a priority 2 should win ahead of a priority one for the same seat type

of course they should - its not a lottery done by priority ranking - the ranking only comes into play once chosen

One persons entry at 9 in the ranking is just as good an entry with an equal chance of getting chosen as someone that had the same show at choice 1
    So then why did no one get GA with a 2nd or later pick? Seems statistically uh improbable under the system you laid out. 
    No cause they could still pool everyone who had selected GA and do that first and then go back and do reserved...different pools so to speak for the draw as one doesn't affect the other
    " I said there's nothing wrong with what you say. Believe me just asking you to sway. No white or black just grey. Can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain?"
  • It's hard to understand how this is so complicated with so few variables.
    -Priority Selection (up to 9 options) 
    -3 options for seats (GA, RES, or EITHER)
    -1 ticket or 2
    -Membership #
    Touring Fan since 1996
  • RVMMFCRVMMFC Posts: 435
    Red 81 said:
    Manu117 said:
    RVMMFC said:
    bbiggs said:

This.

It's a lottery. 

by that logic, priority has nothing to do with it. Its essentially a completely random lottery. and it comes down to your number drawn or not. 
    AGREED! The priority element is the part that needs to be explained cause the drawing as done this year seems to render it pointless
    " I said there's nothing wrong with what you say. Believe me just asking you to sway. No white or black just grey. Can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain?"
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory Posts: 6,276
    Doug87 said:
    Doug87 said:

????

My bad, it is not. Just my attempt at humor and making a mockery of this shit-tastic debacle. This is from 4/3.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Doug87Doug87 Posts: 442
    JBob87 said:
    That Santos post is the old one from April 3rd
    Thanks for flagging :(
    JBob87 said:
    Manu117 said:
    Red 81 said:
    Manu117 said:
    RVMMFC said:
    bbiggs said:

This.

It's a lottery. 

Exactly. DMB lotteries works the same way. You can assign priority to a single show to increase your chances, but it doesn't guarantee you'll get it. 
    Literally no one is saying that assigning something as Priority 1 guarantees you will get it
    There are literally countless posts exclaiming disbelief that someone could get tickets with their third or fourth pick for a show someone else didn't get with their first or second pick. 
  • Triberjay25Triberjay25 Posts: 116
    Sarava said:
    Kevinman said:
    I’m still curious where they’re hiding the Chicago side/behind stage and the Indy lawn tickets
    Good question…..I think tomorrow will bring more tickets awarded…..probably not any answers though
    I just sent them an email asking why people with #1 priorities are apparently losing out to be people with lower priorities. We'll see what they say, if they answer me.
    Same thing they sent me.

"Now in regard to your inquiry, this is a random lottery. Fans will be notified of their ticket status by the night of Tuesday, April 25"
    This is like the Gutless answering the Gutted…..
    03/20/94 - Ann Arbor
    09/22/96 - Toledo
    10/16/14 - Detroit
    09/26/21 - Dana Point
    10/01/21 - Dana Point
    10/02/21 - Dana Point
    05/06/22 - Los Angeles
    05/07/22 - Los Angeles 
    07/03/22 - Stockholm
    07/05/22 - Copenhagen
    09/08/22 - Toronto 
    09/16/22 - Nashville
    09/18/22 - St. Louis
    09/20/22 - OKC
    09/05/23 - Chicago 
    09/07/23 - Chicago 
    05/16/24 - Vegas
    05/18/24 - Vegas
  • Doug87Doug87 Posts: 442
    Doug87 said:
    Doug87 said:

????

My bad, it is not. Just my attempt at humor and making a mockery of this shit-tastic debacle. This is from 4/3.
    No worries, I just saw the 4 minutes part and was hoping that maybe something good would come out of this disaster.
  • craigraethercraigraether Posts: 1,298
    JBob87 said:
    Manu117 said:
    Red 81 said:
    Manu117 said:
    RVMMFC said:
    bbiggs said:

This.

It's a lottery. 

Right if you have 15000 p1 requests and 10000 available tickets... then no, but really "Should be" if P1 requests equal less then available tickets then chance should be assured.. thats how you can get odds for each show by priority.. 
  • Dickie’s Arena isn’t huge. Just happy to be in the place. Don’t give a shit about the seat location honestly
    Wrigley 7/19/2013
    Philadelphia 10/22/2013
    Baltimore 10/27/2013
    Hampton 4/18/2016
    Ft. Worth 9/13/2023
    Ft. Worth 9/15/2023
    Wrigley 8/31/2024
    Baltimore 9/12/2024
    Fenway 9/15/2024
    RVMMFC said:
    RVMMFC said:
    bbiggs said:

This is not how it is supposed to work
    JBob87 said:
    RVMMFC said:
    JC29866 said:
    Red 81 said:
    JC29866 said:

The system works!   

One persons entry at 9 in the ranking is just as good an entry with an equal chance of getting chosen as someone that had the same show at choice 1
    So then why did no one get GA with a 2nd or later pick? Seems statistically uh improbable under the system you laid out. 
    No cause they could still pool everyone who had selected GA and do that first and then go back and do reserved...different pools so to speak for the draw as one doesn't affect the other
    Some people picked GA/Reserved for multiple shows. Under your process if they were selected in the GA lottery they would have been randomly assigned one of those three shows.

If that were the case we would expect to see people win GA for Priority 2+ shows. We have not. 

Unless you are arguing priority only mattered for GA and not Reserved. If that is the case it is illogical and TM fucked up. 
  • Red 81Red 81 Posts: 29
    JBob87 said:
    Manu117 said:
    Red 81 said:
    Manu117 said:
    RVMMFC said:
    bbiggs said:

This.

It's a lottery. 

So priority is supposed to be taken into consideration per the announcement, and it doesnt guarantee ticket, but it should by that statement ensure that a P3 selection should not win over P1 selection. 

If there is P1 selection and seats left at that venue,  How is P2 and P3 selections getting tickets over P1. 

Its a shit show and I hope they can fix it but its unlikely at this point. 
  • Dickie’s Arena isn’t huge. Just happy to be in the place. Don’t give a shit about the seat location honestly
    More of this attitude is needed...especially for the two Texas venues which are considerably smaller compared to most arenas.
    Austin, TX - 9/16/95 ~ Charleston, SC - 10/5/96 ~ Dallas, TX - 7/5/98 ~ San Antonio, TX - 4/5/03 ~ Denver, CO - 7/2/06 ~ EV - LA #2 - 4/13/08 ~ Austin, TX - 10/4/09 ~ Los Angeles, CA #1 - 11/23/13 ~ Los Angeles, CA #2 - 11/24/13 ~ Seattle, WA - 12/6/13 ~ NYC #1 - 5/1/16 ~ Boston, MA #1 - 8/5/16 ~ Boston, MA #2 - 8/7/16 ~ Boston, MA #1 - 9/2/18 ~ Boston, MA #2 - 9/4/18 ~ Louisville, KY - 9/17/22 ~ Ft. Worth, TX #1 - 9/13/23 ~ Ft. Worth, TX #2 - 9/15/23 ~ Austin, Texas #1 - 9/18/23 ~ Austin, Texas #2 - 9/19/23 ~ NYC #2 - 9/4/24 ~ Boston, MA #1 - 9/15/24 ~ Boston, MA #2 - 9/17/24
  • ReleaseMeReleaseMe Posts: 745
    lahren said:
    ReleaseMe said:
    lahren said:
    riley540 said:
    CopperTom said:
    Shumway35 said:
    I think it is clear that anyone who choose Ga/ Reserved only and didn’t get GA were not entered into the lottery for reserved. Not sure if that was a system error or not. 

That's been a thought of mine too.
    That pesky “GA or Reserved” button was just a lie the whole time! 
    Idk. I picked GA/reserved for both STP shows. Got GA for 1 and got reserved for 2. 
    Was Night 1 your first priority?
    Yes. So your saying first priority didn't get a chance for reserved?

Yep I believe so...thought I would still have had a chance for reserve considering it was a 1st priority
    2000 - Toronto
    2003 - Toronto
    2005 - Toronto
    2006 - Toronto I, Toronto II
    2009 - Toronto
    2011 - Hamilton
    2013 - Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2016 - Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II, Wrigley I, Wrigley II
    2018 - Seattle I, Seattle II, Fenway I, Fenway II
    2020 - Toronto, Hamilton
    2022 - Las Vegas, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023 - St. Paul I, St. Paul II
  • BloodMeridian80BloodMeridian80 Seattle Posts: 643
    RVMMFC said:
    JC29866 said:
    Red 81 said:
    JC29866 said:

The system works!   

No, that is not how this ever has worked
    See this as a pretty common response. Are we saying things don't change? They can't change? This process, and this membership, has all changed. You can bet it will also change again. 
    Then, let us know that it’s changed 
  • JI10794JI10794 Posts: 4
    My membership number is 141XXX. Indy is the only show I applied for and I picked “GA or reserved” and I’ve received nothing. If it’s accurate that selecting “reserved (only)” would have increased my odds, that’s frustrating to hear. Both options are saying someone wants tickets in the reserved section.

I live in Indy and haven’t seen them live since they were here in 2010. In the past I’ve always been able to get seats. I’m unable to travel like some people so I can only seen them when they play in Indy. It’s frustrating when I’ve been a member this long and am unable to get seats. In the future I think 10c should consider giving additional priority to people who haven’t attended a show recently and/or that are attending the show who live locally. This whole process is super frustrating for someone who has been a 10c member for 27 years and I can’t get tickets to my hometown show.
    Red 81 said:
    JBob87 said:
    Manu117 said:
    Red 81 said:
    Manu117 said:
    RVMMFC said:
    bbiggs said:

This.

It's a lottery. 

So priority is supposed to be taken into consideration per the announcement, and it doesnt guarantee ticket, but it should by that statement ensure that a P3 selection should not win over P1 selection. 

If there is P1 selection and seats left at that venue,  How is P2 and P3 selections getting tickets over P1. 

It’s a shit show and I hope they can fix it but it’s unlikely at this point. 
    Yea I fully agree with you. That’s different from what that guy was saying though. 
  • https://pearljam.com/ten-club/event/pearl-jam-2023-us-tour-presale

In the PRESALE RULES section...

Ticket requests will be confirmed for each show taking your priority into consideration, but it is not guaranteed you will get your first priority.

I don't recall it written this way in the past.
  • SaravaSarava Posts: 2,019
    Manu117 said:
    Sarava said:
    Manu117 said:
    RVMMFC said:
    bbiggs said:

This.

It's a lottery. 

The Ten Club page calls this a presale, not a lottery. The word is not used at all on that page at least.

https://pearljam.com/ten-club/event/pearl-jam-2023-us-tour-presale
    You are requesting tickets and have "chances" to be confirmed... Pretty much a lottery (unless requests don't exceed inventory). 
    Yes, it's essentially a lottery within the priority rank you are in. The FAQ says priority is taken in to consideration, and that doesnt appear to have happened in many cases.

I dont want to blanket assume anything until we get the fail emails, but I think we all know they're coming.We're 90 minutes from ending the window they said tickets would go out.

And in my case, besides missing my #1 priority in Chicago - my 2nd priority was GA/Reserved or Reserved for Indy, which I also missed. And in no way should I get anything for Indy if every single #1 priority entry wasn't taken care of. Thats how it's always worked and how it was implied it would continue to work.
  • JadlerJadler Posts: 760

Just spit out my drink. 😆