The Official 2024 TOUR Thread

Comments

• just_onejust_one Posts: 2,114
    Dimi welcome back!!! Care to help us with all our rumours😅
  • Bunting10Bunting10 Massachusetts, USA Posts: 688
    Robbert said:
    drfox said:
    JackD. said:
    Sometimes I wonder how much the band is involved in tour planning and management.

The tour is planned for months now and they could have started with pretty much any option they want. So if they wanted to play Prague and Vienna to make up for the cancelled shows they could have. Easily.

So someone made the concious decision to play Dublin and Manchester instead of Prague and Vienna. And I just do not get why.
    Also you need to remember that the U.K. and Germany have the most fans in Europe, primarily as the two largest countries, and have some of the best airport links. Around 68m in the U.K. and 83m in Germany vs around 10-20m in many of those countries mentioned. No different with other bands. Eg the vast majority of the recent QOTSA tour was in U.K. and Germany with just an odd few shows in Ireland and the BeNeLux countries. They skipped everywhere else. 
    And yet those smaller countrys (with les fans) sell out quicker than those 2 bigger ones. Funny how that works
     That has to do with the venue as well..
    when they sale 2 nights in hyde park with capacity of 70 k per night its slower the sell out than 12k is the venue in Budapest for one night
    also Germany has alot of times slow time to sold out than other countries.+ they have their own system to resale face value ticket through original ticket vendor so fans its more safe to search later for tickets for face value
    Hi Dimi!!
    Soon to be 28 and counting:

1998: Mansfield, MA (9/15)
    2000: Virginia Beach, VA (8/3), Saratoga Springs, NY (8/27), Mansfield, MA (8/29 and 8/30)
    2003: Albany, NY (4/29), Mansfield, MA (7/2 and 7/3), New York, NY (7/8 and 7/9)
    2006: Hartford, CT (5/23), Boston, MA (5/24 and 5/25)
    2009: Chicago, IL (8/23 and 8/24)
    2010: Boston, MA (5/17)
    2011: East Troy, WI (9/3 and 9/4)
    2013: Worcester, MA (10/15 and 10/16), Hartford, CT (10/25)
    2016: Boston, MA (8/5 and 8/7)
    2018: Boston, MA (9/2 and 9/4)
    2022: Camden, NJ (9/14)
    2024: Boston, MA (9/15 and 9/17)
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,417
    Is Baltimore going to be Camden Yards or the Arena that they had to cancel after Covid?  Camden Yards would be cool
  • RobbertRobbert Rotterdam, the Netherlands Posts: 910
    edited December 2023
    Robbert said:
    drfox said:
    JackD. said:
    Sometimes I wonder how much the band is involved in tour planning and management.

The tour is planned for months now and they could have started with pretty much any option they want. So if they wanted to play Prague and Vienna to make up for the cancelled shows they could have. Easily.

So someone made the concious decision to play Dublin and Manchester instead of Prague and Vienna. And I just do not get why.
    Also you need to remember that the U.K. and Germany have the most fans in Europe, primarily as the two largest countries, and have some of the best airport links. Around 68m in the U.K. and 83m in Germany vs around 10-20m in many of those countries mentioned. No different with other bands. Eg the vast majority of the recent QOTSA tour was in U.K. and Germany with just an odd few shows in Ireland and the BeNeLux countries. They skipped everywhere else. 
    And yet those smaller countrys (with les fans) sell out quicker than those 2 bigger ones. Funny how that works
     That has to do with the venue as well..
    when they sale 2 nights in hyde park with capacity of 70 k per night its slower the sell out than 12k is the venue in Budapest for one night
    also Germany has alot of times slow time to sold out than other countries.+ they have their own system to resale face value ticket through original ticket vendor so fans its more safe to search later for tickets for face value
    Yeah true. For Germany it was the last time last year. Tickets.de is out of the air. Wonder how quick tickets will be gone next year. 
    Adding to OP for quick reference. @pjl44 =)

May 4 & 6 - Vancouver 
    May 10 - Portland 
    May 13 - Sacramento
    May 16 & 18 - Las Vegas 
    May 21 & 22 - Los Angeles 
    May 24 (wknd of) - Bottlerock
    May 28 & 30 - Seattle

June 22 - Dublin
    June 25 - Manchester 
    June 28 & 29 -London
    July (2 dates) - Berlin 
    July 5 & 7 (or 6 & 8) - Barcelona 
    July - Madrid
    July - Lisbon

August - Missoula 
    August 26 - Indy
    August 29 & 31 - Wrigley
    September (2 dates) - Philadelphia 
    September 15 & 17- Fenway
    September - Baltimore 
    September - MSG

November 8 & 10 - Auckland
    November 13 - Gold Coast
    November 16 & 18 - Sydney
    November 21 & 23 - Melbourne
    The order should be wrigley x2 then MSG x 2, Philly x 2, Baltimore and then Fenway x 2

2000: Virginia Beach, VA (8/3), Saratoga Springs, NY (8/27), Mansfield, MA (8/29 and 8/30)
    2003: Albany, NY (4/29), Mansfield, MA (7/2 and 7/3), New York, NY (7/8 and 7/9)
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,771
    They do not tour when it's cold LOL
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123
    Not since 2013 have we gotten two Philly shows, two NYC shows, and two Massachusetts shows on the same leg - Brooklyn, Philly and Worcester.

They played all three in 2016, but two came in the spring while Fenway happened in August. 

This is exciting. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Bunting10 said:

May 4 & 6 - Vancouver 
    May 10 - Portland 
    May 13 - Sacramento
    May 16 & 18 - Las Vegas 
    May 28 & 30 - Seattle

June 22 - Dublin
    June 25 - Manchester 
    June 28 & 29 -London
    July (2 dates) - Berlin 
    July - Madrid
    July - Lisbon

August - Missoula 
    August 26 - Indy
    August 29 & 31 - Wrigley
    September - Baltimore 
    September - MSG

November 13 - Gold Coast
    The order should be wrigley x2 then MSG x 2, Philly x 2, Baltimore and then Fenway x 2
    @Bunting10 did that info come from Mike or his mom or is it speculated elsewhere? 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    Bunting10 said:

May 4 & 6 - Vancouver 
    May 10 - Portland 
    May 13 - Sacramento
    May 16 & 18 - Las Vegas 
    May 28 & 30 - Seattle

June 22 - Dublin
    June 25 - Manchester 
    June 28 & 29 -London
    July (2 dates) - Berlin 
    July - Madrid
    July - Lisbon

August - Missoula 
    August 26 - Indy
    August 29 & 31 - Wrigley
    September - Baltimore 
    September - MSG

November 13 - Gold Coast
    @Bunting10 did that info come from Mike or his mom or is it speculated elsewhere? 
    MSG in that order was from Mike and his mom. About 100 pages ago he said something along the lines of MSG or NYC after wrigley.  The Philly and Baltimore order a little birdie told me.  Although I get my little birdies confused at this point so maybe it was Mike and his mom lol

• seanclaxseanclax Posts: 546
    Robbert said:
    drfox said:
    JackD. said:

You need to stop taking this so personally my friend. You live close by to one of the biggest airports in the world. Get your passport out
  • Some minor changes made to the OP
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
    Never needed a passport to see pearl jam. Although not seeing Budokan in 2003 is a life regret.

edited December 2023
    seanclax said:
    Robbert said:
    drfox said:
    JackD. said:

You need to stop taking this so personally my friend. You live close by to one of the biggest airports in the world. Get your passport out
    🤣
    My country is so small. Every time i step out the door i need my passport
    Post edited by Robbert on
    Robbert said:
    seanclax said:
    Robbert said:
    drfox said:
    JackD. said:

🤣
    You should be planning on travelling to some shows then
    Get_Right said:
    Never needed a passport to see pearl jam. Although not seeing Budokan in 2003 is a life regret.

Your missing out. Travelling to New cities and seeing Pearl Jam shows is the best.
    edited December 2023
    seanclax said:
    Robbert said:
    seanclax said:
    Robbert said:
    drfox said:
    JackD. said:

🤣
    You should be planning on travelling to some shows then
    Been to the Texas shows last september.
    Case you dont believe it

Post edited by Robbert on
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Posts: 10,663
    Robbert said:
    seanclax said:
    Robbert said:
    drfox said:
    JackD. said:

🤣
    Size doesn't matter 
    Or so I'm told
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 29,174
    I’d def do Camden instead of pjhawks said:
    Is Baltimore going to be Camden Yards or the Arena that they had to cancel after Covid?  Camden Yards would be cool
    I’d def do Camden and Fenway I’ll try for MSG but it’s not a must for me! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,834
    Who is this Dimitris? I feel a strong urge to doubt his every word. 

Good to hear from him.
    edited December 2023
    seanclax said:
    Get_Right said:

Your missing out. Travelling to New cities and seeing Pearl Jam shows is the best.

Oh I travel but do not chase the band. I will be in Tokyo for new years.
    I’d def do Camden instead of pjhawks said:

Jose Camden was the best last tour.
  • RyanRyan Posts: 1,098
    Hoping someone can give a strong hint one way or another regarding Amsterdam.  
    2003 - June 15 Fargo
    2005 - Sept 1 George, Sept 8 Winnipeg
    2006 - May 9/10 Toronto, June 26/27 St. Paul, July 22/23 George, Oct 21/22 Mountain View
    2007 - Aug 2/5 Chicago
    2008 - June 22 Washington, June 24/25 New York
    2009 - Aug 21 Toronto, Aug 23/24 Chicago, Sept 21/22 Seattle, Oct 27/28/30/31 Philadelphia
    2010 - May 15 Hartford, May 17 Boston, Oct 23/24 Mountain View
    2011 - Sept 3/4 Alpine Valley, Sept 11/12 Toronto, Sept 17 Winnipeg, Sept 19 Saskatoon
    2012 - Sept 30 Missoula
    2013 - July 16 London, July 19 Chicago, Oct 12 Buffalo, Dec 2 Calgary, Dec 4 Vancouver, Dec 6 Seattle
    2014 - Oct 16 Detroit, Oct 19 St. Paul, Oct 20 Milwaukee
    2015 - Sept 23 (Colbert)/Sept 26, New York
    2016 - Apr 28/29 Philadelphia, May 10/12 Toronto, Aug 20/22 Chicago
    Ryan said:
    I mean it definitely has not been mentioned at all, so I assume it’s shockingly a no

Ryan said:
    Hope so too. But we (The Netherlands) got spoiled since 2012😁
  • I’d def do Camden instead of pjhawks said:
    I'll take your MSG tickets. 🤣 Think I'm looking to make my first trip to NYC...maybe.
  • If the rumors are true, Pearl Jam will be playing in Spain the same week as the running of the bulls.
  • Conyo6066 said:
    If the rumors are true, Pearl Jam will be playing in Spain the same week as the running of the bulls.
    My brother and his son did that last year. Idiots. 
  • seanclax said:
    What's the consensus on the date and city for the second Italy show?
    Rome would make sense...
    2014: Trieste, Italy 06-22
    2018: Padova, Italy 06-24
    2022: Imola, Italy 06-25
  • flanosmasseurflanosmasseur Posts: 251
    edited December 2023
    Been trying to catch up on this thread. Thank you @darwinstheory for updating your OP! I know it's all still "rumors" at this point, but has it been discussed if it would be a "staggered" announcement? Would love to see them in WA or OR in May but also have tickets to Indy and want to do Wrigley again. 
    Would all dates be released at once? Or maybe Europe first, then the West Coast leg, and then the Midwest/East Coast shows? Hence, three separate lotteries? Just wondering from a priority pick standpoint.
    07/28/1992 - Cincinnati
    07/11/1998 - Las Vegas
    07/22/2006 - The Gorge
    04/26/2016 - Lexington
    08/08/2018 - Seattle
    08/10/2018 - Seattle
    08/20/2018 - Wrigley Field
    04/02/2020 - Nashville
    09/16/2022 - Nashville
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 Posts: 28,391
    Conyo6066 said:
    If the rumors are true, Pearl Jam will be playing in Spain the same week as the running of the bulls.
    My brother and his son did that last year. Idiots. 
    I did that in 2000.  Was insane but fun as hell.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
This discussion has been closed.