Options

The Official 2024 TOUR Thread

Comments

• Options
    PJNB said:
    lhoff31 said:
    Fenway is Sept 15 & 17
    If that’s the case, we have two full weeks between Wrigley and Fenway. That’s 5 shows under the 2 day break between cities and day off between 2 night stands theory. I’m hoping it’s 6 shows, and Cleveland gets one. Otherwise most likely MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore, Fenway x2….which will be insane.
    Not one easy ticket in the late summer run except Missoula maybe. 

It will be interesting to see how late in the rounds some of these east coast shows go for picks. 
    You’re right. Might only win 1 show…Baltimore would probably be the easiest since the 3 major northeast cities are getting played. 
    Perfect run for me, assuming the southeast is out, would be:
    Missoula - Pittsburgh - Cleveland - Detroit - Indy - Wrigley x2 - MSG x2 - Baltimore - Philly x2 - Fenway x2
    Thats 14, but think we were hinted that’s too many shows, or was that just for Europe?
    The Midwest probably won’t get those shows because they need to sell Wrigley and make up Indy 
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    Also, do we really think they can sell out 2 shows in Vancouver with Seattle, Portland, and Missoula getting played? Is there really that much demand in Vancouver? I saw them there in 2005, band was awesome, crowd was meh.
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,924
    lhoff31 said:
    Fenway is Sept 15 & 17
    Added - thanks! 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,924
    just_one said:
    Robbert said:
    So this for EU?

Dublin 22 june
    Manchester 25 june
    London 28 june
    London 29 june
    Berlin 2 july
    Berlin 3 july
    Barcelona 6 july
    Barcelona 8 july
    Madrid 10-13 july (Mad cool festival)
    Lisbon 11-13 july (nos alive festival)
    How sure are you on these dates? Did they come from Mike and his mom, or elsewhere?
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,767
    mrk2 said:
    Berlin could be either Waldbühne or Wühleide. I don't think there has been any "confirmation"

The former is slightly larger, on the west side of town, next to the Olympic stadium. PJ played here in 2018 and 2022

Wuhlheide is on the east side of town, out in the woods. PJ played here in 2000, 2006, 2009, 2010, 2014

Or they could play the Mercedes Benz arena (former O2). PJ played here 2012.
    I've been to both, i know the places..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,645
    is there any chance LA is the hollywood bowl?  that's probably the only way i travel out there to see them again.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,379
    MM70435 said:
    question
    is it worth to drive from LA to Seattle?
    i mean, i've never been there so , it seems like fun to do that trip by car, stopping at the turistic places?
    I have never done it but the Pacific Coast Highway from LA to SF has been described as "It is one of the most astoundingly scenic roads in the world".  Any truth to this from anyone that has traveled it?

YES
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options
    With a northwest start predicted, sounds like Jazz fest in New Orleans is out. Might squeeze in voodoo fest in fall for a quick payday.
  • Options
    curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,379
    question
    i mean, i've never been there so , it seems like fun to do that trip by car, stopping at the turistic places?

Longer answer: There aren't a lot of "tourist" spots along that drive, other than Hearst Castle and the giant redwoods. On the other hand, the Pacific Coast Highway (NOT to be confused with I-5) is a gorgeous drive.

As someone else noted, there is a LOT of California still to drive through north of San Francisco -- Napa and Sonoma counties are famous for their vineyards. Further north, there is Mendocino; I remember driving to Mendocino many years ago when we lived in the San Francisco area, and it also was a beautiful drive.

I'm biased, but I believe that the Pacific Northwest (Washington and Oregon) is the most beautiful part of the country.

But: people from other countries, and even Americans who only have lived in the eastern part of the country, don't fully appreciate how big this country is and how large the western states are. I encourage you to take a good look at the distances between LA, SFO, Portland, and Seattle before you reserve a rental car. The drive from LA to Seattle is over 1100 miles (1700+ km).
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options
    Bunting10Bunting10 Massachusetts, USA Posts: 651
    PJNB said:
    lhoff31 said:
    Fenway is Sept 15 & 17
    If that’s the case, we have two full weeks between Wrigley and Fenway. That’s 5 shows under the 2 day break between cities and day off between 2 night stands theory. I’m hoping it’s 6 shows, and Cleveland gets one. Otherwise most likely MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore, Fenway x2….which will be insane.
    Not one easy ticket in the late summer run except Missoula maybe. 

It will be interesting to see how late in the rounds some of these east coast shows go for picks. 
    You’re right. Might only win 1 show…Baltimore would probably be the easiest since the 3 major northeast cities are getting played. 
    Missoula - Pittsburgh - Cleveland - Detroit - Indy - Wrigley x2 - MSG x2 - Baltimore - Philly x2 - Fenway x2
    Thats 14, but think we were hinted that’s too many shows, or was that just for Europe?
    The Midwest probably won’t get those shows because they need to sell Wrigley and make up Indy 
    Unless something changes don’t think you’ll see any of those other cities besides Missoula, Indy, Chicago, NYC, Philly, Baltimore and Boston.  
  • Options
    My wife and I drove from Seattle to LA on our 1 year anniversary. Highly recommended.
  • Options
    Zen23Zen23 Posts: 403
    edited December 2023
    There might be a little hint about the location of the Berlin venue on Facebook. Dimitris says that you can reach the venue from Alexanderplatz station with the S3 / S5. The Wuhlheide is out of the question. As far as the Waldbühne is concerned, only the S3 goes directly to the station next to the venue. The S5 also runs in this direction, but has already reached its final stop at Westkreuz. 5 to 6 kilometers (3 to 4 miles) away. But both the S3 and the S5 stop at Warschauer Straße station. And that's where the Mercedes Benz Arena is located.

All without guarantee. May also be a misunderstanding.
  • Options
    julieferjuliefer New Westminster, BC Posts: 395
    Also, do we really think they can sell out 2 shows in Vancouver with Seattle, Portland, and Missoula getting played? Is there really that much demand in Vancouver? I saw them there in 2005, band was awesome, crowd was meh.
    I live in Vancouver and it does not seem likely we have the demand for 2 shows, especially if they are playing Seattle in the same tour. My first (very optimistic) thought was: Maybe it's 2 small warm up shows! They did do a warm up show here before the Binaural tour in 2000 but you had to win tickets to get in (the quest for these tickets took over my life for the entire period of the contest) so it is not entirely impossible, but it's been a pretty long time since they've done something like that. (Someone else can chime in with the exact information because I do not remember.)
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,347
    edited December 2023
    Bunting10 said:

Unless something changes don’t think you’ll see any of those other cities besides Missoula, Indy, Chicago, NYC, Philly, Baltimore and Boston.  
    I would love a Detroit show. Not keen on the ballpark ones. When did they do a run like that last? I remember us going to six shows or so a couple of years ago. The Midwest has great audiences. Also, isn't it weird there's no Toronto?
  • Options
    wbutler29 said:
    With a northwest start predicted, sounds like Jazz fest in New Orleans is out. Might squeeze in voodoo fest in fall for a quick payday.
    Nope.

Voodoo hasn't happened since 2019. Live Nation/C3 Presents doesn't know what to do with it. Too many target demographics and not enough ticket sales. I mean go look at those late 2000's lineups compared to what Live Nation was offering in the late 2010's and its clear they lost the plot...

I live in New Orleans and hear tell it might become a Country Fest since our big Country fest up the road in Baton Rouge also folded after covid.... 

If they play in New Orleans from here to eternity, it will probably be at Jazzfest or that prison known as the Smoothie King Center... 
  • Options
    mrk2mrk2 Finland Posts: 2,029
    Zen23 said:
    There might be a little hint about the location of the Berlin venue on Facebook. Dimitris says that you can reach the venue from Alexanderplatz station with the S3 / S5. The Wuhlheide is out of the question. As far as the Waldbühne is concerned, only the S3 goes directly to the station next to the venue. The S5 also runs in this direction, but has already reached its final stop at Westkreuz. 5 to 6 kilometers (3 to 4 miles) away. But both the S3 and the S5 stop at Warschauer Straße station. And that's where the Mercedes Benz Arena is located.

Good detective work. He says : 

"i think u need to take from Alexanderplatz the S3 S5 train to go to the venue. I'm going with taxi. I'm lazy."

I think the taxi hint also points to the MB Arena. Would make no sense to take taxi all the way to Waldbuhne. Train would be faster. 

S3 would take you to Wuhlheide too, but not S5. 

MB Arena it is. The only venue they have played 2 nights in Berlin previously.
    225xxx - 6/28/00, 10/20/01, 10/22/01, 9/11/06, 9/22/06, 9/23/06, 6/18/07, 6/26/07, 8/15/09, 6/25/10, 6/30/10, 7/4/12, 7/5/12, 7/7/12, 7/10/12, 6/26/14, 6/28/14, 7/3/18, 7/5/18
  • Options
    devonfzdevonfz Posts: 154

Two shows in a city seems to be the new format and I like it as far as LA to Seattle, take an airplane the drive is long and unless you’re going to stop for a few days, it’s not worth it for instants the Oregon coast is really amazing but to really enjoy You really need to spend a few days and driving the five is as boring as it gets
  • Options
    MakeUSmileMakeUSmile NJ Posts: 1,069
    lhoff31 said:
    Fenway is Sept 15 & 17
    how did camden turn into Philly? Did I miss something over the last few days? 
    can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain?
  • Options
    AponeApone Posts: 586
    mrk2 said:
    Zen23 said:

"i think u need to take from Alexanderplatz the S3 S5 train to go to the venue. I'm going with taxi. I'm lazy."

I think the taxi hint also points to the MB Arena. Would make no sense to take taxi all the way to Waldbuhne. Train would be faster. 

I agree with your logic.

Dimitris doesn’t say things like this by chance,   It’s a definite clue to the venue.
    2006: Leeds; 2012: Manchester 1; 2014: Leeds; 2017: London 1 (EV); 2018: Amsterdam 1, London 1, London 2; 2019: Amsterdam 1 (EV), Dublin (EV); 2022: Berlin, London 1, London 2, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam 1, Amsterdam 2; 2023: Chicago 1, Chicago 2
  • Options
    drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,173
    Apone said:
    mrk2 said:
    Zen23 said:

I agree with your logic.

Dimitris doesn’t say things like this by chance,   It’s a definite clue to the venue.
    Wondering whether the 10pm Berlin curfew only applies to outdoor shows, and hence why an indoor arena may be being considered. I know the 10pm finish last year was unpopular and Eddie complained about it on stage (saying something about them having to pack up even though it was only just going dark) and they had to rush the end, cutting Yellow Ledbetter short after only 10 seconds to finish on Alive. 
  • Options
    mrk2 said:
    Zen23 said:

And another train of thought. If there really will be two shows in Berlin, the Mercedes Benz Arena seems more likely to me than the Walbühne.
  • Options
    drfox said:
    Apone said:
    mrk2 said:
    Zen23 said:

I agree with your logic.

Wondering whether the 10pm Berlin curfew only applies to outdoor shows, and hence why an indoor arena may be being considered. I know the 10pm finish last year was unpopular and Eddie complained about it on stage (saying something about them having to pack up even though it was only just going dark) and they had to rush the end, cutting Yellow Ledbetter short after only 10 seconds to finish on Alive. 
    The curfew of 10pm only applies to outdoor concerts.
  • Options
    RobbertRobbert Rotterdam, the Netherlands Posts: 808
    In that case, can we start a only-indoor petition
  • Options
    Zen23 said:
    mrk2 said:
    Zen23 said:

And another train of thought. If there really will be two shows in Berlin, the Mercedes Benz Arena seems more likely to me than the Walbühne.
     In another answer to a question sbout the direction Dimi said the Taxi would have to go west from Mitte, so it can only be Waldbühne
  • Options
    tylermooretylermoore St. Joseph, MI Posts: 903
    MM70435 said:
    question
    I have never done it but the Pacific Coast Highway from LA to SF has been described as "It is one of the most astoundingly scenic roads in the world".  Any truth to this from anyone that has traveled it?
    An amazing drive. Breath taking. You’ll want to give yourself plenty of time because it’s impossible not to stop several times to just admire the views. I took it from the north to south, the whole way. Absolutely amazing 
  • Options
    TO42596TO42596 The Netherlands Posts: 141
    How certain are we on the Barcelona dates? I've seen both 5 & 7 and 6 & 8 floating around... Have yet to see them in Spain and I love the two nights in one city deal, usually means highly diverse set-lists!
    2000 London I
    2006 Arnhem & Prague
    2012 Amsterdam I & II / EV Amsterdam II
    2013 Buenos Aires & Wrigley Field / Brad Utrecht / Soundgarden Oslo & Amsterdam
    2014 Amsterdam I & II, Vienna, Berlin & Leeds / Soundgarden Santiago, Utrecht & Tilburg
    2016 MSG I & II, Quebec City, Fenway Park I & II
    2018 Amsterdam I & II, Krakow & Berlin
    2022 Stockholm, Copenhagen, Amsterdam & Toronto
    2023 Austin I & II
  • Options
    just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 2,025
    TO42596 said:
    How certain are we on the Barcelona dates? I've seen both 5 & 7 and 6 & 8 floating around... Have yet to see them in Spain and I love the two nights in one city deal, usually means highly diverse set-lists!
    Facemeltor replied to someone about the 2nd nught being jul 8 so its 6 and 8
  • Options
    TO42596TO42596 The Netherlands Posts: 141
    just_one said:
    TO42596 said:
    Facemeltor replied to someone about the 2nd nught being jul 8 so its 6 and 8
    Thanks!
    2000 London I
    2006 Arnhem & Prague
    2012 Amsterdam I & II / EV Amsterdam II
    2013 Buenos Aires & Wrigley Field / Brad Utrecht / Soundgarden Oslo & Amsterdam
    2014 Amsterdam I & II, Vienna, Berlin & Leeds / Soundgarden Santiago, Utrecht & Tilburg
    2016 MSG I & II, Quebec City, Fenway Park I & II
    2018 Amsterdam I & II, Krakow & Berlin
    2022 Stockholm, Copenhagen, Amsterdam & Toronto
    2023 Austin I & II
  • Options
    kaw753kaw753 Posts: 767
    mrk2 said:
    Zen23 said:

I stayed in Alexanderplatz (only hotel room available in the WHOLE city during Fashion Week) for the 2012 shows and made it home both nights drunk just by getting on a random train beside the arena. There were people with giant beer backpacks coming around the floor filling up liter steins for 8 euros. My memory is a little fuzzy.

Maybe the best shows I have ever been to as that arena has incredible sound.
  • Options
    kaw753 said:
    mrk2 said:
    Zen23 said:

I stayed in Alexanderplatz (only hotel room available in the WHOLE city during Fashion Week) for the 2012 shows and made it home both nights drunk just by getting on a random train beside the arena. There were people with giant beer backpacks coming around the floor filling up liter steins for 8 euros. My memory is a little fuzzy.

Maybe the best shows I have ever been to as that arena has incredible sound.
    But then this question:

"In other words. After a nice sunny day in Berlin Mitte, where I buy you a beer, where does your taxi go to take you to Pearl Jam? Is it taking you east or west?"

Answer:

west

That can only mean Waldbühne. 
This discussion has been closed.