Options

The Official 2024 TOUR Thread

Comments

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,396
    weren't the west coast dates posted by another 10c'er that wasn't facemeltor, but claimed the info came from Facemeltor's mom?  I guess I'm not sure how reliable those dates are :)  Still find it odd they bookend the tour with Vancouver/Seattle, rather than playing them back to back.

I do love the Vancouver shows are early May dates, which shows promoters/venues have a lack of faith in the Canucks :)
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,046
    Zod said:
    weren't the west coast dates posted by another 10c'er that wasn't facemeltor, but claimed the info came from Facemeltor's mom?  I guess I'm not sure how reliable those dates are :)  Still find it odd they bookend the tour with Vancouver/Seattle, rather than playing them back to back.

I do love the Vancouver shows are early May dates, which shows promoters/venues have a lack of faith in the Canucks :)
    There are days off between. Plenty of room there to be flexible with doing a day before/after 
  • Options
    deb1211deb1211 Posts: 1,278
    Facemeltor did say his mom never lies when someone questioned the Spring dates
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,410
    Zod said:

That's what I said but then Facemeltor came from the top rope and confirmed it
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,924
    deb1211 said:
    Facemeltor did say his mom never lies when someone questioned the Spring dates
    Yup! Mrs. McCready would not lie to us. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    I wonder if the Baltimore date would be oceans calling at the end of September in OCMD 
  • Options
    just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 2,025
    OP you can update Barcelona 2nd night to jul 8 , facemeltor somewhere in the thread mentioned. First night its either 6 or 7
  • Options
    just_one said:
    OP you can update Barcelona 2nd night to jul 8 , facemeltor somewhere in the thread mentioned. First night its either 6 or 7
    I only recalled him/her telling someone they would be able to attend the 2nd show, not the first. And I believe they were only able to attend dates between July 6-9th. So if it were the 6 & 8th, he/she would have been able to attend both shows. He/she replied with deciding to then miss both shows because it wasn't worth traveling to Barcelona for just the 1 should they could attend. I think that's how it went. But if anyone had any evidence otherwise, I'll gladly change it.
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    LizJLizJ Posts: 338
    JPPJ84 said:
    Are there any credible rumours for July 7-9? Those are the only days I can make. Do we think it’s Barcelona?
    JPPJ84 said:
    Are there any credible rumours for July 7-9? Those are the only days I can make. Do we think it’s Barcelona?
    You can make night 2 at least 

• Options
    Zen23Zen23 Posts: 403
    JimmyV said:
    Just wait.  The festival talk is all wishful thinking at this point, at least from what I gathered. If there are four legs of this tour in 2024, then it makes sense the each of them will be smaller.  
    The three 14 show legs tip we heard about a few weeks (months?) back keeps coming back to me. 7-9 cities each leg, lots of two night stands with an off day in between. 
    14 shows is too long for each leg. 
    If this comment also refers to Europe, I paid attention correctly in elementary school and the rumors so far are true (Dublin, Manchester, 2x London, 2x Berlin, 2x Barcelona, Madrid and Lisbon) then there won't be much more to come. That brings us to 10 shows already. However, I find it a bit strange. You're already in Europe and after being on the same latitude with the UK and Berlin, you then travel 1,500 kilometers (930 miles) south and skip all the other countries. Or 2,000 kilometers (1,240 miles) on the road. Not nice for the people in Prague and Vienna.
  • Options
    JackD.JackD. Posts: 488
    edited December 2023
    Sometimes I wonder how much the band is involved in tour planning and management.

The tour is planned for months now and they could have started with pretty much any option they want. So if they wanted to play Prague and Vienna to make up for the cancelled shows they could have. Easily.

So someone made the concious decision to play Dublin and Manchester instead of Prague and Vienna. And I just do not get why.
  • Options
    I've often heard people say that the band owes us nothing. And I understand the meaning behind it. But that decision would be really tough. As you say, the band could decide and say we're playing Vienna and Prague. Period.
  • Options
    I wonder if there was an insurance settlement or something that paid the refunds for canceled Vienna and Prague shows and if new shows are booked in those cities within 24 months or whatever it affects the settlement because they could have just postponed.  Other than something like that, I agree it’s pretty disappointing If they do Europe and exclude those. (That said, perhaps Prague didn’t sell very well and the promoter isn’t interested in the financial risk of booking them again.) 
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    The band haven't played Dublin in 14 years maybe that's why Dublin picked this time.. 

i wish i wish i wish i wish, i guess it never stops
  • Options
    How much input do the band have on locations? Do they just agree Europe for 3 weeks and the locations are up to promoters?
  • Options
    holo92holo92 Posts: 182
    Prague 2018 was sold out.
    And for 2022 it was listed May 2020, a half year after the other tour dates (that were listed December 2019).
    In May 2020 we had already corona, so nobody knew if this concert could happen 2021 (for what it was first scheduled).
    So there is no reason to skip Prague, Vienna or Krakow- they all sold out in the past and would do that again.
    Would be nice to have at least 2 of these 3 back in 2024.
    06/15/92, 08/14/95, 11/03/96, 09/11/98, 06/11/00, 06/23/00, 06/25/00, 06/18/03, 06/21/03, 09/28/04,
    09/02/05, 09/04/05, 09/05/05, 09/16/06, 09/17/06, 09/19/06, 09/22/06, 09/23/06, 06/12/07, 06/18/07,
    06/21/07, 06/23/07, 06/24/08, 06/25/08, 08/15/09, 08/18/09, 06/30/10, 09/03/11, 09/04/11, 07/02/12,
    07/04/12, 07/07/12, 06/16/14, 06/17/14, 06/26/14, 08/05/16, 08/07/16, 07/01/18, 07/03/18, 07/05/18,
    09/02/18, 09/04/18, 06/21/22, 06/28/22, 07/14/22
  • Options

i wish i wish i wish i wish, i guess it never stops
  • Options
    KidAOKKidAOK Posts: 94
    JackD. said:
    Sometimes I wonder how much the band is involved in tour planning and management.

The tour is planned for months now and they could have started with pretty much any option they want. So if they wanted to play Prague and Vienna to make up for the cancelled shows they could have. Easily.

So someone made the concious decision to play Dublin and Manchester instead of Prague and Vienna. And I just do not get why.
    Maybe the settlement for cancelling them shows was astronomical and the band aren't interested in that being a possibility again?

There are plenty of reasons they might not want to go to those countries this time around.
  • Options
    JackD.JackD. Posts: 488
    edited December 2023
    KidAOK said:
    JackD. said:

Maybe the settlement for cancelling them shows was astronomical and the band aren't interested in that being a possibility again?

There are plenty of reasons they might not want to go to those countries this time around.
    Of course there are reasons. Just none that I could understand. Expect for the insurance thing. That actually makes sense. Pete Townshend said something similar about The Who‘s cancelled UK shows. They couldn‘t come back before 2 years after the cancelled dates. Maybe for the same reason Amsterdam is also missing from the itinerary.
    Post edited by JackD. on
  • Options
    just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 2,025
    JackD. said:
    KidAOK said:
    JackD. said:

Of course there are reasons. Just none that I could understand. Expect for the insurance thing. That actually makes sense. Pete Townshend said something similar about The Who‘s cancelled UK shows. They couldn‘t come back before 2 years after the cancelled dates. Maybe for the same reason Amsterdam is also missing from the itinerary.
    Great insight,maybe thats the reason 
  • Options
    LizJ said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    You can make night 2 at least 

Yeah, that's the conversation. So, night 2 is the 7th or 8th, right? Making night 1 the 5th or 6th.
  • Options
    tino_11tino_11 Posts: 2,024
    just_one said:
    JackD. said:
    KidAOK said:
    JackD. said:

Great insight,maybe thats the reason 
    Agree, double blow for the fans there though! 
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • Options
    drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,173
    JackD. said:

Also you need to remember that the U.K. and Germany have the most fans in Europe, primarily as the two largest countries, and have some of the best airport links. Around 68m in the U.K. and 83m in Germany vs around 10-20m in many of those countries mentioned. No different with other bands. Eg the vast majority of the recent QOTSA tour was in U.K. and Germany with just an odd few shows in Ireland and the BeNeLux countries. They skipped everywhere else. 
  • Options
    RobbertRobbert Rotterdam, the Netherlands Posts: 808
    edited December 2023
    drfox said:
    JackD. said:

Also you need to remember that the U.K. and Germany have the most fans in Europe, primarily as the two largest countries, and have some of the best airport links. Around 68m in the U.K. and 83m in Germany vs around 10-20m in many of those countries mentioned. No different with other bands. Eg the vast majority of the recent QOTSA tour was in U.K. and Germany with just an odd few shows in Ireland and the BeNeLux countries. They skipped everywhere else. 
    And yet those smaller countrys (with les fans) sell out quicker than those 2 bigger ones. Funny how that works
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,490
    edited December 2023
    Robbert said:
    drfox said:
    JackD. said:

And yet those smaller countrys (with les fans) sell out quicker than those 2 bigger ones. Funny how that works
     That has to do with the venue as well..
    when they sale 2 nights in hyde park with capacity of 70 k per night its slower the sell out than 12k is the venue in Budapest for one night
    also Germany has alot of times slow time to sold out than other countries.+ they have their own system to resale face value ticket through original ticket vendor so fans its more safe to search later for tickets for face value
    Post edited by dimitrispearljam on
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • Options
    How much input do the band have on locations? Do they just agree Europe for 3 weeks and the locations are up to promoters?
    I have no idea how it really works. But that would be a disaster for me as an artist.
  • Options
    Welcome home, Dimi. Why now you don't keep posting?  ;)
  • Options
    ChrisileinChrisilein Vienna/Austria Posts: 3,887
    Robbert said:
    drfox said:
    JackD. said:

when they sale 2 nights in hyde park with capacity of 70 k per night its slower the sell out than 12k is the venue in Budapest for one night
    also Germany has alot of times slow time to sold out than other countries.+ they have their own system to resale face value ticket through original ticket vendor so fans its more safe to search later for tickets for face value
    Dimi!! You are back! 
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • Options
    deb1211deb1211 Posts: 1,278
    And Dimi said they aren't playing the sphere next time in Vegas
  • Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,819
    Robbert said:
    drfox said:
    JackD. said:

Welcome back my friend 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
This discussion has been closed.