Options

The Official 2024 TOUR Thread

Comments

• Options
    just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 2,025
    All i care about is when is the bloody annoucement for the euro tour,  we all know its a small tour, we know the cities hell even the dates. Just make it official and put everyone out of their misery
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,410
    lhoff31 said:
    Fenway is Sept 15 & 17
    If that’s the case, we have two full weeks between Wrigley and Fenway. That’s 5 shows under the 2 day break between cities and day off between 2 night stands theory. I’m hoping it’s 6 shows, and Cleveland gets one. Otherwise most likely MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore, Fenway x2….which will be insane.
    how did camden turn into Philly? Did I miss something over the last few days? 
    Because they edited their initial post that referenced Camden. Looks like it will actually be Philly now.

• Options
    jlindgren2jlindgren2 Reno Posts: 82
    So guessing we won't hear any official tour announcements until after the New Year?
  • Options
    I know we're all anxious for an announcement but it seems some details for the fall at least are still being ironed out 
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    So guessing we won't hear any official tour announcements until after the New Year?
    I still believe the euro tour will be announced in the next 1 and half week with tickets being on sale dec 15h.

Every euro tour since 2012 has been announced in december 
    Post edited by just_one on
  • Options
    JackD.JackD. Posts: 488
    just_one said:
    I still believe the euro tour will be announced in the next 1 and half week with tickets being on sale dec 15h.

But every Euro tour since 2012 had festivals which we are not so sure about this time.

Regarding the venue in Berlin, Dimitris will have one hell of a taxi bill.
  • Options
    JackD. said:
    just_one said:

But every Euro tour since 2012 had festivals which we are not so sure about this time.

If it doesnt get announced in december then when?
    The album and first us leg marketing is probably starting in mid january early february the latest with the single and us tour leg 1 announcement.

It doesnt make sense to announce the euro tour which starts in june so close to it. 

• Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,767
    just_one said:
    JackD. said:
    just_one said:

The album and first us leg marketing is probably starting in mid january early february the latest with the single and us tour leg 1 announcement.

It doesnt make sense to announce the euro tour which starts in june so close to it. 

Early January is not so close to it i think..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    just_one said:
    JackD. said:
    just_one said:

Well, they announce US dates 2 months in advance. They could do the same in Europe if it weren‘t for festivals.
  • Options
    JackD. said:
    just_one said:
    JackD. said:
    just_one said:

Well, they announce US dates 2 months in advance. They could do the same in Europe if it weren‘t for festivals.
    Announce a tour (this case europe) in the middle of another tour(us tour) doesnt make sense
  • Options
    MakeUSmileMakeUSmile NJ Posts: 1,069
    pjl44 said:
    lhoff31 said:
    Fenway is Sept 15 & 17
    If that’s the case, we have two full weeks between Wrigley and Fenway. That’s 5 shows under the 2 day break between cities and day off between 2 night stands theory. I’m hoping it’s 6 shows, and Cleveland gets one. Otherwise most likely MSG x2, Philly x2, Baltimore, Fenway x2….which will be insane.
    Because they edited their initial post that referenced Camden. Looks like it will actually be Philly now.

Ahhh. Thanks!  
    can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain?
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,548
    Bunting10 said:
    Camden is now Philly if it’s an Arena like facemeltor said earlier.
    That will be nice if that is correct.
  • Options
    just_one said:
    JackD. said:
    just_one said:
    JackD. said:
    just_one said:

Announce a tour (this case europe) in the middle of another tour(us tour) doesnt make sense
    Why?
  • Options
    JackD. said:
    just_one said:
    JackD. said:
    just_one said:
    JackD. said:
    just_one said:

Why?
    Various reasons 

1 - takes focus of current leg
    2 - fans are already spending money on current tour might not income at the moment to schedule another tour 
    3 - announce an europe tour 2 months away is bad for fans who want to travel (flights to europe are usually more expensive than in house US flights)
    4 - management is currently working on current tour, having a tour announced in the moddle pf another might lead to overwork for them.
  • Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,819
    devonfz said:

Two shows in a city seems to be the new format and I like it as far as LA to Seattle, take an airplane the drive is long and unless you’re going to stop for a few days, it’s not worth it for instants the Oregon coast is really amazing but to really enjoy You really need to spend a few days and driving the five is as boring as it gets
    I believe last year was the test to see if fewer cities but more multiple shows per cities was viable.    Clearly it was 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    steven87steven87 Posts: 1,330
    pjl44 said:
    lhoff31 said:
    Fenway is Sept 15 & 17

Wow! Nice catch!
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    just_one said:
    JackD. said:
    just_one said:
    JackD. said:
    just_one said:
    JackD. said:
    just_one said:

Why?
    Various reasons 

2 - fans are already spending money on current tour might not income at the moment to schedule another tour 
    3 - announce an europe tour 2 months away is bad for fans who want to travel (flights to europe are usually more expensive than in house US flights)
    4 - management is currently working on current tour, having a tour announced in the moddle pf another might lead to overwork for them.
    Except for 4 nothing a band‘s management would care about. And bands do it all the time.

I‘m also hoping for an announcement this side of Christmas but your reasoning is lead by hope.
  • Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    JackD. said:
    just_one said:
    JackD. said:
    just_one said:
    JackD. said:
    just_one said:
    JackD. said:
    just_one said:

Why?
    Various reasons 

Except for 4 nothing a band‘s management would care about. And bands do it all the time.

I‘m also hoping for an announcement this side of Christmas but your reasoning is lead by hope.
    I don't think a PJ tour has ever been announced in the middle of a PJ tour.  Let's hope it never happens.  It would be a shitty thing to do to the fans that are traveling.  Selecting lottery picks in the airport?  No thanks.
  • Options
    jlindgren2jlindgren2 Reno Posts: 82
    JackD. said:
    just_one said:
    JackD. said:
    just_one said:

With the shear cost of going to concerts these days (not to mention travel cost/logistics) it would be nice if they announced their tours with a little more advance like most other bands do
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 4,025
    edited December 2023
    Maybe the other European cities like Amsterdam, Vienna, Krakow, Florence (or similar Italian city) etc…might get 2025 shows? Along with Sth America? 

Other than Berlin it seems like they’re sticking to the west. 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    The Killers just announced summer dates in the UK:

6/14 & 15: Dublin 3Arena
    6/18, 19, 21: Manchester Co-op Live
    6/25 & 26: Glasgow Ovo Hydro
    7/4, 7/5, 7/7: London O2
    The Killers are a great live show!
    They are so damn good!
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,567
    Someone must have all the dates.  Spill the tea!
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    Micheyb21Micheyb21 UK Posts: 258
    Maybe the other European cities like Amsterdam, Vienna, Krakow, Florence (or similar Italian city) etc…might get 2025 shows? Along with Sth America? 

Im sure there was a comment way back that there wouldnt be anywhere east of Berlin so hoping 2025 gives us make up shows to Vienna and Prague

also looking at the Euros fixtures- there arent any games scheduled in Berlin between 1st and 5th July so hopefully that keeps hotels from sky rocketing 
    2000 Cardiff/ 2006 Paris/ 2011 Toronto/ 2013 Chicago/ 2014 Amsterdam 1 & Milton Keynes, 
    2016 MSG 1 & 2/ 2017 London Ed solo/ 2018 London 1, Padua, Rome, Prague & London 2
    2019 Dusseldorf & Dublin Ed Solo  
    2022 Copenhagen, London 1&2, Budapest, Krakow, Vienna, Prague, Ams 1 & Ams 2
    2024 Manchester, London, Auckland & Sydney
  • Options
    seanclaxseanclax Posts: 307
    Micheyb21 said:

Im sure there was a comment way back that there wouldnt be anywhere east of Berlin so hoping 2025 gives us make up shows to Vienna and Prague

also looking at the Euros fixtures- there arent any games scheduled in Berlin between 1st and 5th July so hopefully that keeps hotels from sky rocketing 
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,924
    Adding to OP for quick reference. @pjl44 =)

May 4 & 6 - Vancouver 
    May 10 - Portland 
    May 13 - Sacramento
    May 16 & 18 - Las Vegas 
    May 21 & 22 - Los Angeles 
    May 24 (wknd of) - Bottlerock
    May 28 & 30 - Seattle

June 22 - Dublin
    June 25 - Manchester 
    June 28 & 29 -London
    July (2 dates) - Berlin 
    July 5 & 7 (or 6 & 8) - Barcelona 
    July - Madrid
    July - Lisbon

August - Missoula 
    August 26 - Indy
    August 29 & 31 - Wrigley
    September (2 dates) - Philadelphia 
    September 15 & 17- Fenway
    September - Baltimore 
    September - MSG

November 8 & 10 - Auckland
    November 13 - Gold Coast
    November 16 & 18 - Sydney
    November 21 & 23 - Melbourne
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options

May 4 & 6 - Vancouver 
    May 10 - Portland 
    May 13 - Sacramento
    May 16 & 18 - Las Vegas 
    May 28 & 30 - Seattle

June 22 - Dublin
    June 25 - Manchester 
    June 28 & 29 -London
    July (2 dates) - Berlin 
    July - Madrid
    July - Lisbon

August - Missoula 
    August 26 - Indy
    August 29 & 31 - Wrigley
    September - Baltimore 
    September - MSG

November 13 - Gold Coast
    Approved! 😂
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    pjl44 said:

May 4 & 6 - Vancouver 
    May 10 - Portland 
    May 13 - Sacramento
    May 16 & 18 - Las Vegas 
    May 28 & 30 - Seattle

June 22 - Dublin
    June 25 - Manchester 
    June 28 & 29 -London
    July (2 dates) - Berlin 
    July - Madrid
    July - Lisbon

August - Missoula 
    August 26 - Indy
    August 29 & 31 - Wrigley
    September - Baltimore 
    September - MSG

November 13 - Gold Coast
    Approved! 😂
    Nice. Thanks! One thing to note, I believe facemeltor said msg (2 nights)  after Wrigley.  So I’m thinking it will go Wrigley, msg, Philly, Baltimore, then back up to Boston to end the leg.

Also, I’m starting to feel that PJ hates educators. And parents to young children in the northeast. The first 2 weeks in September are the worst possible time for us to take off from work or home. Lol. 
    Post edited by MakeUSmile on
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,669
    pjl44 said:

May 4 & 6 - Vancouver 
    May 10 - Portland 
    May 13 - Sacramento
    May 16 & 18 - Las Vegas 
    May 28 & 30 - Seattle

June 22 - Dublin
    June 25 - Manchester 
    June 28 & 29 -London
    July (2 dates) - Berlin 
    July - Madrid
    July - Lisbon

August - Missoula 
    August 26 - Indy
    August 29 & 31 - Wrigley
    September - Baltimore 
    September - MSG

November 13 - Gold Coast
    Approved! 😂
    Nice. Thanks! One thing to note, I believe facemelter said msg (2 nights)  after Wrigley.  So I’m thinking it will go Wrigley, msg, Philly, Baltimore, then back up to Boston to end the leg.

Also, I’m starting to feel that PJ hates educators. And parents to young children in the northeast. The first 2 weeks in September are the worst possible time for us to take off from work or home. Lol. 
    1. 👍

2. My wife is an educator and we have younger children. I’ll spend the summer bribing her.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    steven87steven87 Posts: 1,330

May 4 & 6 - Vancouver 
    May 10 - Portland 
    May 13 - Sacramento
    May 16 & 18 - Las Vegas 
    May 28 & 30 - Seattle

June 22 - Dublin
    June 25 - Manchester 
    June 28 & 29 -London
    July (2 dates) - Berlin 
    July - Madrid
    July - Lisbon

August - Missoula 
    August 26 - Indy
    August 29 & 31 - Wrigley
    September - Baltimore 
    September - MSG

November 13 - Gold Coast
    Thank you! Excellent work!
  • Options
    100 Pacer said:
    pjl44 said:

May 4 & 6 - Vancouver 
    May 10 - Portland 
    May 13 - Sacramento
    May 16 & 18 - Las Vegas 
    May 28 & 30 - Seattle

June 22 - Dublin
    June 25 - Manchester 
    June 28 & 29 -London
    July (2 dates) - Berlin 
    July - Madrid
    July - Lisbon

August - Missoula 
    August 26 - Indy
    August 29 & 31 - Wrigley
    September - Baltimore 
    September - MSG

November 13 - Gold Coast
    Approved! 😂
    Nice. Thanks! One thing to note, I believe facemelter said msg (2 nights)  after Wrigley.  So I’m thinking it will go Wrigley, msg, Philly, Baltimore, then back up to Boston to end the leg.

1. 👍

2. My wife is an educator and we have younger children. I’ll spend the summer bribing her.
    Lol, I almost added spouses of educators to my list of People they hate. 

Smart move on the bribes.  Fortunately, living in NJ I can hit up MSG & PHILLY without taking much time (if any) off of work. I’ll just have to teach and parent as a zombie for a few weeks. Will save the time off for Boston and Baltimore or a GA line. 
This discussion has been closed.