Options

The Official 2024 TOUR Thread

Comments

• Options
    deb1211deb1211 Posts: 1,301
    gjv76 said:
    I hope the Las Vegas dates are wrong. It's the most expensive weekend of the month. Just booked a hotel for Boston.
    The Saturday night is the pits but overall the price I have isn't horrible.
  • Options
    gjv76gjv76 Posts: 35
    PJNB said:
    gjv76 said:
    I hope the Las Vegas dates are wrong. It's the most expensive weekend of the month. Just booked a hotel for Boston.
    Where in Boston? 

I can’t find a place that’s half close or on the T that’s not a fortune. 
    I booked the Boston Hotel. 
  • Options
    gjv76gjv76 Posts: 35
    gjv76 said:
    Thought prices were very affordable when I booked on the rumor.  Actually cheaper than my Indy room.  Where did you check prices? 
    Compared to other big cities it very affordable. When I checked my comps and discounts other weekends would be a lot less. I already have a Vegas trip planned for April. Going Thursday to Tuesday and I'm paying $241 total.

• Options
    LV prices on the Saturday are insane.  Closer to the airport isn’t as bad, if anyone is going for PJ only and doesn’t care about staying on the strip. Still have to solve show transportation.    
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    blairs1blairs1 Ontario, Canada Posts: 184
    PJ were playing the same weekend as EDC in 2022 as well. With the A’s approval to move, who knows when Tropicana will close. Maybe mid 2024? End of 2024? Rooms at that end of the strip could be less abundant in the future. 
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,999
    edited December 2023

From the cancellation announcement

Would be really cool if they stood by this and gave people who initially won tickets a first shot at the next round

I hadn't considered this as a possibility and I'm skeptical it will happen...but the hotel is booked anyway, just in case. :smiley:

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,474
    demetrios said:
    Any talk or word of a Pearl Jam Connecticut, Maine, New Hampshire, Rhode Island and/or Vermont experience happening in 2024?

If the rumors are true, 2 in NY, 2 in Philly, 2 in Boston, Baltimore should be a much much much easier ticket than it was in 2020. Back then, it was essentially the best option for many being on the EC and a Saturday

That would be a good road trip too. hmm ...

Yeah I’ll be miffed if they don’t venture up to Maine or New Hampshire especially with new material 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Anyone recall the post where the rumored May dates were set out? 
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

• Options
    InHiding406InHiding406 Posts: 9
    edited December 2023
    Wow, the last few pages of this kinda went sideways. I wish I did have popcorn to read all of it. :rofl: 
    As always I appreciate the rumors, hearsay, whatever we are calling it, especially from Dimi and Facemeltor (and his mom) who so kindly offer their knowledge to us.
    Just booked a refundable hotel in Missoula, walking distance to the stadium/university for the 8/23 weekend, based on their intel. I am still hopeful for a Denver date so I do not have to travel (just easier on me and my life at this stage), but Missoula should be great too. :smile:
    I have no inside knowledge, but I find it hard to fathom that they play in Missoula at WaGriz the weekend of 8/23. Tyler Childers is there Sat 8/24 and there have only been 5 or 6 concerts ever at WaGriz. None of those were less than 3 years apart, let alone turning then stadium around for a new act in 24 hours. Leaves two possibilities: (1) any day 8/16-8/22, or (2) Adams Center 8/23 (or any day in the week leading up). I’d lean towards WaGriz mid-week (2018 show was on a Monday). However, Adams Center not inconceivable - more “intimate” setting (like 7000 ppl), they’ve played there several times incl 2012, takes threat of wildfire smoke and any risks that poses to Ed’s voice at the start of the tour leg out of the equation…
  • Options
    KN219077KN219077 Montana Posts: 920
    Wow, the last few pages of this kinda went sideways. I wish I did have popcorn to read all of it. :rofl: 
    As always I appreciate the rumors, hearsay, whatever we are calling it, especially from Dimi and Facemeltor (and his mom) who so kindly offer their knowledge to us.
    Just booked a refundable hotel in Missoula, walking distance to the stadium/university for the 8/23 weekend, based on their intel. I am still hopeful for a Denver date so I do not have to travel (just easier on me and my life at this stage), but Missoula should be great too. :smile:
    I have no inside knowledge, but I find it hard to fathom that they play in Missoula at WaGriz the weekend of 8/23. Tyler Childers is there Sat 8/24 and there have only been 5 or 6 concerts ever at WaGriz. None of those were less than 3 years apart, let alone turning then stadium around for a new act in 24 hours. Leaves two possibilities: (1) any day 8/16-8/22, or (2) Adams Center 8/23 (or any day in the week leading up). I’d lean towards WaGriz mid-week (2018 show was on a Monday). However, Adams Center not inconceivable - more “intimate” setting (like 7000 ppl), they’ve played there several times incl 2012, takes threat of wildfire smoke and any risks that poses to Ed’s voice at the start of the tour leg out of the equation…
    Add to that list Pink is playing the stadium on the 28th right after tyler childers. Not usual to have acts that are not extremely well established (McCartney, Stones, PJ) play there. Maybe they’re looking to make it more of a concert venue than it’s been. Would love to see them play the kettlehouse amphitheater but it would be nearly impossible to get tickets. Adams Center is most likely out of the options, in my opinion!
  • Options
    KN219077 said:
    Add to that list Pink is playing the stadium on the 28th right after tyler childers. Not usual to have acts that are not extremely well established (McCartney, Stones, PJ) play there. Maybe they’re looking to make it more of a concert venue than it’s been. Would love to see them play the kettlehouse amphitheater but it would be nearly impossible to get tickets. Adams Center is most likely out of the options, in my opinion!
    Agreed. Kettlehouse would be incredible, a true bucket list experience. But highly unlikely. 
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,584

1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,514
    demetrios said:
    Any talk or word of a Pearl Jam Connecticut, Maine, New Hampshire, Rhode Island and/or Vermont experience happening in 2024?

If the rumors are true, 2 in NY, 2 in Philly, 2 in Boston, Baltimore should be a much much much easier ticket than it was in 2020. Back then, it was essentially the best option for many being on the EC and a Saturday

Yeah I’ll be miffed if they don’t venture up to Maine or New Hampshire especially with new material 

Aw you know my friend, its hartford, boston, and albany. No more tertiary markets.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,474
    Get_Right said:
    demetrios said:

Aw you know my friend, it’s hartford, boston, and albany. No more tertiary markets.
    I miss those kinds of dates & cities! That’s what was so cool about the dead they’d play all those cities 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    on2legs said:

Thanks.  That’s so weird, 4 days between Vancouver and Portland.  Wonder if there might be a Spokane or something on the 8th.  

• Options
    kaw753kaw753 Posts: 777
    LV prices on the Saturday are insane.  Closer to the airport isn’t as bad, if anyone is going for PJ only and doesn’t care about staying on the strip. Still have to solve show transportation.    
    Even airbnb's are not cheap, which I assume is due to EDC.

For those who hate the strip, make a few friends here on the forum and get an airbnb. There is a $2 city bus that runs straight down Tropicana to all the arenas and I would strongly suggest the West side of town (Spring Valley). You could have solid pregame at McMullen's (the best Irish bar in Nevada) or 595 Craft (no smoking, bartender Patrick loves Pearl Jam - assuming he still works there). Vegas is a real city with tons of cool stuff off the strip. 
  • Options
    So Baltimore rumored for 9/12 and Bruce is playing Camden Yards 9/13. If this is true. I would say somebody is showing up at somebody’s show. 

RIP everyone's wallet.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    kaw753kaw753 Posts: 777
    Queens of the Stone Age: 12 shows in 18 days across all of Canada in April. Now that's how you get it done and kill a road crew in the process.

Gonna be checking them out (again) in Tokyo in February.
  • Options
    on2legs said:

Thanks.  That’s so weird, 4 days between Vancouver and Portland.  Wonder if there might be a Spokane or something on the 8th.  

Now THAT'S something to think about! Spokane Arena is great, saw Foo Fighters there in August!
    Portland, OR (November 29, 2013) | Seattle, WA (December 06, 2013) | Leeds, UK (July 08, 2014) | St Paul, MN (October 19, 2014) | Denver, CO (October 22, 2014) | Mexico City, MX (November 28, 2015) | Miami (April 09, 2016) | Boston 1 (August 05, 2016) | Prague (July 01, 2018) | Krakow (July 03, 2018) | Berlin (July 05, 2018) | Barcelona (July 10, 2018) | Seattle Night 2 (August 10, 2018) | Missoula, MT (August 13, 2018) | Ohana Festival (September 26, 2021) | Los Angeles (May 06, 2022) | Frankfurt (June 28, 2022) | Copenhagen (July 05, 2022) | London Hyde Park (July 08, 2022) | London Hyde Park (July 09, 2022) | Budapest (July 12, 2022) | New York (September 11, 2022) | St Paul (September 02, 2023) | Chicago (September 05, 2023) | Ft Worth (September 15, 2023) | Austin (September 19, 2023)
  • Options
    on2legs said:

Could be, or maybe they just want to hang out at home a couple days in between.  Don't some of the guys have houses in CA, maybe they are factoring in hanging out at home in between those shows too to make it less of a tour grind. 
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,514
    Get_Right said:
    demetrios said:

Aw you know my friend, it’s hartford, boston, and albany. No more tertiary markets.
    I miss those kinds of dates & cities! That’s what was so cool about the dead they’d play all those cities 

And you would hear some special shows in those places. Oxford Maine, Providence RI. Worcester MA. And they always brought it to the Boston Garden and Hartford, Even the JGB at the Orpheum and the Bushnell. New England was their second home after Cali.  There may be some inspiration there. Pure speculation.
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,793
    Poncier said:
    JK78970 said:
    deb1211 said:
    These "rumor" threads have helped me immensely in the past to secure hotels for less and in a great spot before the public got the full announcement. I appreciate this thread
    how many of them turned out to be true? 
     depence whos said/post them
    Can you provide proof that you are actually Greek?
    I heard a rumor that you may in fact be Irish or Italian or Spanish or Argentinian or Finnish or Brazilian (that rumor might just be about your bikini wax, can't recall) or Canadian or possibly Belgian.
    But definitely not French.
    He is definitely not French..i can guarantee that..lol..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    JK78970 said:
    deb1211 said:
    These "rumor" threads have helped me immensely in the past to secure hotels for less and in a great spot before the public got the full announcement. I appreciate this thread
    how many of them turned out to be true? 
     depence whos said/post them
    Can you provide proof that you are actually Greek?
    I heard a rumor that you may in fact be Irish or Italian or Spanish or Argentinian or Finnish or Brazilian (that rumor might just be about your bikini wax, can't recall) or Canadian or possibly Belgian.
    But definitely not French.
    ofcourse i can provide proof .. i m ANALog  member..thats the definition of been Greek
    :lol:

Greeks are so dependable, will never leave their friend's behind!
    Yes we are..but sometimes, some of us..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    Zen23 said:
    JackD. said:
    seanclax said:
    Zen23 said:

A thought experiment about the two Berlin shows. If they always have a two-day break between Dublin, Manchester and London, then they will certainly only play their first concert in Berlin on July 2nd. Especially after a double concert in London. But since the Waldbühne Berlin is already booked for July 4, it could only be July 2 and 3 for a double concert. It certainly won't take place on July 5 if Barcelona is on the program for July 6. That could be quite exhausting. Or there will only be one gig in Berlin after all. That would make everything a bit more relaxed for the band.

Berlin has been rumoured for July 2/3 for a while
    Which is not correct.
    Not correct that it has been rumored for some time. Or incorrect that the concerts are taking place on that date.
    I heard for 15th and 17th also by German friend..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    on2legs said:

If they play on the 6th and the 10th, then there are 3 OFF days (7,8,9th) between. If the standard is 2 off days before each new city, then that's not enough time to add another show before Portland.
  • Options
    Zen23Zen23 Posts: 411
    JackD. said:
    seanclax said:
    Zen23 said:

A thought experiment about the two Berlin shows. If they always have a two-day break between Dublin, Manchester and London, then they will certainly only play their first concert in Berlin on July 2nd. Especially after a double concert in London. But since the Waldbühne Berlin is already booked for July 4, it could only be July 2 and 3 for a double concert. It certainly won't take place on July 5 if Barcelona is on the program for July 6. That could be quite exhausting. Or there will only be one gig in Berlin after all. That would make everything a bit more relaxed for the band.

Berlin has been rumoured for July 2/3 for a while
    Which is not correct.
    Which date for berlin is correct?
  • Options
    matt84matt84 Posts: 655
    Jane’s Addiction touring UK/EU May and June.
  • Options
    drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,183
    matt84 said:
    Jane’s Addiction touring UK/EU May and June.
    I assume Josh will not be touring with them…
  • Options
    on2legs said:

If they play on the 6th and the 10th, then there are 3 OFF days (7,8,9th) between. If the standard is 2 off days before each new city, then that's not enough time to add another show before Portland.
    That’s true, but it’s so odd to start a tour and immediately have that many days off.  Something doesn’t add up.  The source of the dates is considered reliable, but the source never said they were the only dates.  

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,060
    on2legs said:

That’s true, but it’s so odd to start a tour and immediately have that many days off.  Something doesn’t add up.  The source of the dates is considered reliable, but the source never said they were the only dates.  
    The original 2020 tour had the same time off between Hamilton and Baltimore. Also 2022 originally had the same span but Apollo got added.
This discussion has been closed.