Options

The Official 2024 TOUR Thread

Comments

• Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,676
    Any Portlandians here? I’m assuming the venue would be the moda center. Any recommendations on what area of town to book refundable accommodation? Likely traveling solo and might take the train down. So looking for a nice / safe area with straightforward commute to venue. TIA. 

I’m local to the area and stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott on east side of Moda Center for Depeche Mode show. Nice clean hotel and short walk to arena. 
    Is the area around the arena easily accessible and have decent parking? Driving down for the show and driving right out.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    100 Pacer said:
    Any Portlandians here? I’m assuming the venue would be the moda center. Any recommendations on what area of town to book refundable accommodation? Likely traveling solo and might take the train down. So looking for a nice / safe area with straightforward commute to venue. TIA. 

I’m local to the area and stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott on east side of Moda Center for Depeche Mode show. Nice clean hotel and short walk to arena. 
    Is the area around the arena easily accessible and have decent parking? Driving down for the show and driving right out.

they have a parking garage at Moda Center for $25-30 or you can park on the street or other parking facilities east side of the arena ... I've parked on the street before, like a 15min walk away, for a very little cost or free. Around Lloyd Center there's street parking too with less cost, just need to walk a bit.
    Portland, OR (November 29, 2013) | Seattle, WA (December 06, 2013) | Leeds, UK (July 08, 2014) | St Paul, MN (October 19, 2014) | Denver, CO (October 22, 2014) | Mexico City, MX (November 28, 2015) | Miami (April 09, 2016) | Boston 1 (August 05, 2016) | Prague (July 01, 2018) | Krakow (July 03, 2018) | Berlin (July 05, 2018) | Barcelona (July 10, 2018) | Seattle Night 2 (August 10, 2018) | Missoula, MT (August 13, 2018) | Ohana Festival (September 26, 2021) | Los Angeles (May 06, 2022) | Frankfurt (June 28, 2022) | Copenhagen (July 05, 2022) | London Hyde Park (July 08, 2022) | London Hyde Park (July 09, 2022) | Budapest (July 12, 2022) | New York (September 11, 2022) | St Paul (September 02, 2023) | Chicago (September 05, 2023) | Ft Worth (September 15, 2023) | Austin (September 19, 2023)
  • Options
    steven87steven87 Posts: 1,332

From the cancellation announcement

Would be really cool if they stood by this and gave people who initially won tickets a first shot at the next round
    It would be great if they did something for those of us who held on to our tickets for two years but ultimately weren’t able to see the show due to the cancellation, but I could see it being logistically difficult. The problem is that so many of the 10c tickets changed hands so many times through F2F. So who gets priority- the people who won the original lottery (who may have subsequently sold their tickets), or those who held on to their tickets until the date of the cancellation (who may have purchased the tickets on F2F)? I’m guessing if they did something it would be to give those who won the original 10c lottery priority, cause I think the latter would be too complicated given how many times tickets changed hands. 
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 18,164
    steven87 said:

Would be really cool if they stood by this and gave people who initially won tickets a first shot at the next round
    It would be great if they did something for those of us who held on to our tickets for two years but ultimately weren’t able to see the show due to the cancellation, but I could see it being logistically difficult. The problem is that so many of the 10c tickets changed hands so many times through F2F. So who gets priority- the people who won the original lottery (who may have subsequently sold their tickets), or those who held on to their tickets until the date of the cancellation (who may have purchased the tickets on F2F)? I’m guessing if they did something it would be to give those who won the original 10c lottery priority, cause I think the latter would be too complicated given how many times tickets changed hands. 
    agreed....that's a hard promise to make. I was actually going to post something like "are you fucking crazy, of course they aren't going to honor the initial winners" but then I saw that verbiage.

I guess they have that data but what would be the process of asking each person if they want the tickets? Getting updated c/c payment info, etc.? Very difficult.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,471

This^^^^ 100%! But I’m not confident they’ll follow through 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    It doesnt seem that complicated. They have data of those who hit in the lottery. They also have data of those who purchased via TM. I understand tickets changed hands, but is anyone really expecting them to go to that level of effort for this? In any event, I'll be annoyed but unsurprised if its just a brand new lotto

Also, I am certain 2 Philly/1 Balto is happening bc I predicted this exact scenario when I bit the bullet and went to FTW because they weren't playing shows near me. TOTALLY WORTH IT
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,648
    edited December 2023
    They could always do a special lottery first for all of the 10C members who won tickets last time a day before the regular lottery.   Doesn't seem that unreasonable.
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 4,089
    Hopefully they'll have the lottery process fixed period and not have to re-do it like last time.  That was a mess!!  
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,672
    edited December 2023
    Maroon 5 just announced 16 day Vegas residency at MGM Dolby Live - Dates include May 17 and 18th

PJ will almost certainly be at MGM Grand if 16/18 are real.  They'll tear down the stage after night 1 to allow Melanie Martinez to play on the 17th.  Theres no other realistic options.
    Post edited by Weston1283 on
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,574
    The thread on people inadvertently left out of the Baltimore redo lottery will be epic. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,438
    They could always do a special lottery first for all of the 10C members who won tickets last time a day before the regular lottery.   Doesn't seem that unreasonable.
    If they're gonna make good this is probably the easiest way. Then any Baltimore leftovers go into the general lottery. They would just need to scrub the list to make sure someone doesn't get tickets in both.
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,672
    pjl44 said:
    If they're gonna make good this is probably the easiest way. Then any Baltimore leftovers go into the general lottery. They would just need to scrub the list to make sure someone doesn't get tickets in both.
    Agreed - a Pre-Lottery for still active 10c members who won the first time around is the best idea.  2 days or so before regular 10c Lottery.  

I think tracking down who had F2F tickets is probably impossible, but they should be able to see who won BALT tickets in the initial lotto

Or they can just move the show to Camden Yards and make everyone happy :)
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,058
    Sacramento and Vegas should get the same treatment if they do something for Baltimore. Hope they can pull it off. 
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,438
    pjl44 said:
    Agreed - a Pre-Lottery for still active 10c members who won the first time around is the best idea.  2 days or so before regular 10c Lottery.  

I think tracking down who had F2F tickets is probably impossible, but they should be able to see who won BALT tickets in the initial lotto

Oh yeah there's no way they could track f2f purchases. It could strictly be for 10C member who won tickets in the 10C lottery first time around. Frankly they could do it regardless of whether it's arena or ballpark.
  • Options
    just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 2,028
    a quick question for those who know the place , the rumoured venue for Dublin doesnt have seated right? its a park
  • Options
    IIRC, when they added a second Worcester show in 2013, they gave first crack at tickets to the people who got shut out of N1. I'm pretty sure there was a separate lottery for them, and then took what was left over from that and had a second lottery for the rest of us... at the risk of getting people's hopes up, it wouldn't be the first time they did an exclusive lottery for people who lost out before. 
  • Options
    IIRC, when they added a second Worcester show in 2013, they gave first crack at tickets to the people who got shut out of N1. I'm pretty sure there was a separate lottery for them, and then took what was left over from that and had a second lottery for the rest of us... at the risk of getting people's hopes up, it wouldn't be the first time they did an exclusive lottery for people who lost out before. 
    They did the same for Newark in 10 if I’m correct gave everyone who didn’t get MSG first crack at tickets 
  • Options
    By the way that’s another shithole I’ll never go back to for any shows 
  • Options
    axellaire8axellaire8 Belgium Posts: 234
    JackD. said:
    Any recommandations for hôtels in Berlin accessible by public transports? If they skip Holland and Belgium, I will probably go to Berlin but never go there. Thanks in advance
    Anything is accessible in Berlin. It really doesn‘t matter where you stay. Book by reviews and price. If you want to get quick to and back from the venue look for something in the western part of the city or along the „Ringbahn“ (S41 and S42).

Thanks. Have a nice day

1996: Paris/2006: Paris/2007: Werchter/2010: Werchter/2012: Amsterdam 1 and Werchter/2014: Amsterdam 1&2 and Werchter/2018: Amsterdam 1&2 and Werchter/2022: Werchter and Amsterdam 2

EV: 2012: Amsterdam/2017: Antwerpen/2019: Bruxelles

• Options
    lavilalavila Ireland Posts: 34
    just_one said:
    a quick question for those who know the place , the rumoured venue for Dublin doesnt have seated right? its a park
    Correct, both open air parks, Malahide space is smaller but the place is more accessible than Marlay...bring a coat  =)
  • Options
    drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,179
    just_one said:
    Yes just a park 
  • Options
    just_onejust_one Lisbon Posts: 2,028
    lavila said:
    just_one said:
    Correct, both open air parks, Malahide space is smaller but the place is more accessible than Marlay...bring a coat  =)
    drfox said:
    just_one said:
    Yes just a park 
    Thanks.

So GA is the only option. Should an easy win in the lotery then.

Going to try Barcelona/London/Manchester in seated though
  • Options
    primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,356
    Maroon 5 just announced 16 day Vegas residency at MGM Dolby Live - Dates include May 17 and 18th

PJ will almost certainly be at MGM Grand if 16/18 are real.  They'll tear down the stage after night 1 to allow Melanie Martinez to play on the 17th.  Theres no other realistic options.
    The arena at Mandalay bay is an option.  They've played it before.
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Options
    deb1211deb1211 Posts: 1,291

It's so small. I hope not. I need Vegas tickets bad
  • Options
    seanclaxseanclax Posts: 335
    just_one said:
    lavila said:
    just_one said:
    drfox said:
    just_one said:
    Yes just a park 
    Thanks.

So GA is the only option. Should an easy win in the lotery then.

Going to try Barcelona/London/Manchester in seated though
    Barcelona should be fun.
  • Options
    primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,356
    deb1211 said:

It's so small. I hope not. I need Vegas tickets bad
    They've also played the arena at UNLV before but I dont think there's been any concerts there in years.  Still think MGM is the likely venue.
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Options
    TBH I'd rather pay a scalper than trade CFG for Camden Yards
  • Options
    Do you think Barcelona GA will be difficult to get? I will need a 3rd ticket, a friend is doubting about joining to the 10c, but given the latest changes in the lottery I don't know if it would worth it..
    06/06/17 - Eddie Vedder - Hammersmith Apollo - London /////  09/06/17 - Eddie Vedder - 3Arena - Dublin ///// 19/06/18 - Pearl Jam - O2 - London ////// 10/07/18 - Pearl Jam - Palau Sant Jordi - Barcelona ////// 12/07/18 - Pearl Jam - Mad Cool Festival - Madrid ////// 14/07/18 -Pearl Jam - NOS Alive Festival - Lisbon
  • Options
    FastrichieFastrichie Sandy Hook, CT Posts: 916
    pjl44 said:

Why would it be impossible to find the f2f? They are the ones who got the refund do of course they know who they are!
    04/06/94 Springfield, 04/17/94 NYC, 10/02/96 Hartford, 11/14/97 Oakland, 09/08/98 NJ, 09/10/98 MSG, 09/11/98 MSG, 09/13/98 Hartford, 08/24/00 Jones Beach, 08/25/00 Jones Beach 04/30/03 Uniondale, 07/08/03 MSG, 07/09/03 MSG, 09/28/04 Boston, 10/01/05 Borgata, 10/03/05 Philly, 05/13/06 Hartford 05/25/06 Boston, 06/01/06 NJ, 06/03/06 NJ, 08/05/07 Chicago, 06/24/08 MSG, 06/25/08 MSG, 06/27/08 Hartford, 06/30/08 Mansfield, 07/01/08 The Beacon, 08/21/09 Toronto, 10/27/09 Philly, 10/28/09 Philly, 10/30/09 Philly, 10/31/09 Philly, 05/15/2010 Hartford, 05/17/2010 Boston, 05/20/2010 MSG, 05/21/2010 MSG, Montreal 09/07/2011, Philly 09/01/2012, Wrigley 07/19-20,2013, Worcester 10/16/13, Brooklyn 10/18, Brooklyn 10/19/13, Hartford 10/25/13, Ed Sullivan 09/23/2015, Central Park 09/26/2015 Philly 04/29/2016. MSG 05/01/2016, MSG 05/02/2016, Fenway 08/05/2016, Fenway 08/07/2016, Brooklyn 04/07/2017, Seattle 08/08/2018, Seattle 08/10/2018, Chicago 08/20/2018, Fenway 09/02/2018, Fenway 09/04/2018, Asbury Park 09/18/2021, Apollo Theater 09/10/2022, MSG 09/11/2022, Camden 09/14/2022

• Options
    Pink just announced at the Missoula stadium 8/28 fwiw
    2006: Hartford
    2008: Camden 2, Hartford
    2010: Hartford
    2013: Wrigley, Worcester x2, Hartford
    2015: NYC
    2016: Philly 2, MSG x2, Boston 2, (TOTD Philly 2, MSG)
    2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Boston x2
    2022: San Diego, Sacramento, Las Vegas
This discussion has been closed.