The Official 2024 TOUR Thread

Comments

• nalyd61nalyd61 Posts: 722
    on2legs said:
    Baltimore would be a brand new lottery, no?
    I would assume yes. They did make a vague comment when canceled  but would not  hold my breath. 
  • BloodMeridian80BloodMeridian80 Seattle Posts: 650
    any rumour about the venue in Seattle?
    If the dates are correct, it’s either Climate Pledge or Century Link. M’s are in town. Given the time of year, and no roof on Link, I’d think it would be Climate Pledge. 
    I'm guessing Climate Pledge too. I would love an epic summer ballpark show because I got on board too late for those, but I'd be surprised.

Tickets are going to be...a challenge, I suspect.
    Thanks.
    So no Safeco Field, Key Arena, Showbox, Memorial Stadium? ( im naming the few i remember thats all).

Looking at google maps that venue (Climate Pledge) is pretty good for the travelers. 
    Climate Pledge is the same as Key, for clarity.
  • SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 6,433

It looks like the Aussie Surfers have some serious grade THC to come up with this delish! DEFINITELY on the pre-show menu 😋 
    edited December 2023

Scratch that. Twix Taco for dance my ass off energy! Looking for awesome Aussie desserts is way more fun than trying to find one in my town. I bet we make a good salad here 😞

Oreogasms also would fit nicely with Seven O'Clock!!! (EDIT: If ya don't hear it- listen better. Second 13 of song - she goes off; second 23 he/they... How's that for timing!)

Brownie salsa. I rest my case.
    Post edited by Spunkie on
  • Any Portlandians here? I’m assuming the venue would be the moda center. Any recommendations on what area of town to book refundable accommodation? Likely traveling solo and might take the train down. So looking for a nice / safe area with straightforward commute to venue. TIA. 
    In May I think it would have to be Moda. There are a couple nice hotels on the east side, walking distance from Moda (Eastlund, Hyatt Regency). The arena is also situated right on the Max train line so you’re just a short ride across the river into downtown where you’d have a bunch more options. Downtown, I like the Hotel Deluxe, Hotel Vintage Plaza. The Woodlark is really cool. There’s honestly more good hotels downtown than I can possibly remember off the top of my head.

Do ya think this is how "Leviathon" came into Pearl Jam nomenclature?
  • Riddle me this:

Someone guessed that the reason for no Amsterdam is because of the cancellation last year and this is a form of punishment.

Wouldn't the venue want the extra date? Wouldn't the local economy want the money?

If the "no Amsterdam because of the 2023 cancellation" was true, it seems it's more a punishment towards the venue/city than the band.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • no codeno code Posts: 109
    Why are we alle so certain about the dates? Does everybody's mother and uncle work for Pearl Jam these days? We'll know when they let us know. Have some patience people
    No matter how cold the winter, there's a springtime ahead...
    edited December 2023
    ^we'll know Dec 11.
    Post edited by Spunkie on
  • tino_11tino_11 Posts: 2,097
    Riddle me this:

Someone guessed that the reason for no Amsterdam is because of the cancellation last year and this is a form of punishment.

Wouldn't the venue want the extra date? Wouldn't the local economy want the money?

If the "no Amsterdam because of the 2023 cancellation" was true, it seems it's more a punishment towards the venue/city than the band.
    My understanding is that it’s the insurance companies, not the band or the venue, that have the requirement not to play there within a two year period. I guess it’s because the band will claim money for the cancellation rather than postponing the show. There is a chance bands could cancel a show, receive a payout from the insurance company, put another show on soon after and get paid again.

That’s just my interpretation btw.
    'F*** the pessimists. F*** 'em.' Eddie Vedder
  • EMC77EMC77 Posts: 131
    edited December 2023
    euchrid said:
    Does anyone have insight into potential or likely venues for Dublin & Manchester? 
    Most consistent I have seen is Malahide for Dublin . June 22nd  .. but not sure anyone mentioned Manchester venue

I think Facemeltor said Marlay Park. Someone said Marlay park was a disaster and Facemeltor said "disaster it is" or something like that
    Post edited by EMC77 on
  • drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,278
    tino_11 said:
    Riddle me this:

My understanding is that it’s the insurance companies, not the band or the venue, that have the requirement not to play there within a two year period. I guess it’s because the band will claim money for the cancellation rather than postponing the show. There is a chance bands could cancel a show, receive a payout from the insurance company, put another show on soon after and get paid again.

That’s just my interpretation btw.
    I agree. Surely it has to be that. They never skip Netherlands, Germany or the U.K. so to miss Netherlands this time seems strange. Surprised though that there’s not a show at Rotterdam (not sure if the insurance thing works on a country or city basis) or next door in Belgium 
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,807

From the cancellation announcement

Would be really cool if they stood by this and gave people who initially won tickets a first shot at the next round
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore

• From the cancellation announcement

Would be really cool if they stood by this and gave people who initially won tickets a first shot at the next round
    At 2020 prices too ha ha 
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2; 2024:  Vancouver 1-2, LV 1-2, LA 1-2, Napa, Barcelona 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • JimmyVJimmyV Posts: 19,123

Not getting my hopes up, but this would be cool. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • EMC77 said:
    euchrid said:
    Does anyone have insight into potential or likely venues for Dublin & Manchester? 
    Most consistent I have seen is Malahide for Dublin . June 22nd  .. but not sure anyone mentioned Manchester venue

I think Facemeltor said Marlay Park. Someone said Marlay park was a disaster and Facemeltor said "disaster it is" or something like that
    Malahide would be way better......for me!
    EV Solo - Dublin 2017
    Berlin 2018
    EV Solo - Dublin 2019
    Imola 2020 
    Imola 2022
    Dublin 2024
  • sebcity said:
    EMC77 said:
    euchrid said:

Are they both out of town? With transport issues ?

Was hoping for the 3 arena but doesn't appear to be there 
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,928

While I would personally like a new lottery, offering tickets to people from the original lottery first would be the right thing to do. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• sebcity said:
    EMC77 said:
    euchrid said:

Looks like Malahide and Marlay are both standing room only, no seating? 
  • no code said:
    Why are we alle so certain about the dates? Does everybody's mother and uncle work for Pearl Jam these days? We'll know when they let us know. Have some patience people
    Thanks for joining the conversation. I'm sure you are fun at parties. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Kearn5yKearn5y Posts: 2,804
    sebcity said:
    EMC77 said:
    euchrid said:

Apart from location, the main difference is capacity. Marlay Park is 40k and Malahide Park is 20K. All Standing
    Kearnsy
  • Kearn5y said:
    sebcity said:
    EMC77 said:
    euchrid said:

Apart from location, the main difference is capacity. Marlay Park is 40k and Malahide Park is 20K. All Standing 
    Ugh... we aren't the tallest people, so that's less than ideal. 
  • Kearn5yKearn5y Posts: 2,804
    Kearn5y said:
    sebcity said:
    EMC77 said:
    euchrid said:

Yep, same for me. Just get gold circle and stand at the back. Where are you travelling from?
    Kearnsy
  • no codeno code Posts: 109
    no code said:
    I actually am  =). Please don't be offended. 

I was just fed up with all of the constant guessing. I'm just as curious as the rest of you. Can't wait for them to tour again
    No matter how cold the winter, there's a springtime ahead...
  • Kearn5y said:
    Kearn5y said:
    sebcity said:
    EMC77 said:
    euchrid said:

Yep, same for me. Just get gold circle and stand at the back. Where are you travelling from?
    Boston... have people in Donegal, Leitrim & Monaghan to see too, so if this happens I'll pack in a lot. May jump over to Manchester too, as I have family there & in Derby as well. 

Nothing set in stone, but already have (refundable) hotels booked for Dublin. 
  • no code said:
    no code said:

I was just fed up with all of the constant guessing. I'm just as curious as the rest of you. Can't wait for them to tour again
    Why get fed up? No one's forcing you to read this thread. 
  • axellaire8axellaire8 Belgium Posts: 235
    Any recommandations for hôtels in Berlin accessible by public transports? If they skip Holland and Belgium, I will probably go to Berlin but never go there. Thanks in advance

1996: Paris/2006: Paris/2007: Werchter/2010: Werchter/2012: Amsterdam 1 and Werchter/2014: Amsterdam 1&2 and Werchter/2018: Amsterdam 1&2 and Werchter/2022: Werchter and Amsterdam 2

EV: 2012: Amsterdam/2017: Antwerpen/2019: Bruxelles

• Any Portlandians here? I’m assuming the venue would be the moda center. Any recommendations on what area of town to book refundable accommodation? Likely traveling solo and might take the train down. So looking for a nice / safe area with straightforward commute to venue. TIA. 

I’m local to the area and stayed at the Courtyard by Marriott on east side of Moda Center for Depeche Mode show. Nice clean hotel and short walk to arena. 
    Portland, OR (November 29, 2013) | Seattle, WA (December 06, 2013) | Leeds, UK (July 08, 2014) | St Paul, MN (October 19, 2014) | Denver, CO (October 22, 2014) | Mexico City, MX (November 28, 2015) | Miami (April 09, 2016) | Boston 1 (August 05, 2016) | Prague (July 01, 2018) | Krakow (July 03, 2018) | Berlin (July 05, 2018) | Barcelona (July 10, 2018) | Seattle Night 2 (August 10, 2018) | Missoula, MT (August 13, 2018) | Ohana Festival (September 26, 2021) | Los Angeles (May 06, 2022) | Frankfurt (June 28, 2022) | Copenhagen (July 05, 2022) | London Hyde Park (July 08, 2022) | London Hyde Park (July 09, 2022) | Budapest (July 12, 2022) | New York (September 11, 2022) | St Paul (September 02, 2023) | Chicago (September 05, 2023) | Ft. Worth (September 15, 2023) | Austin (September 19, 2023) | Portland, OR (May 10, 2024) | Las Vegas, NV (May 16, 2024) | Las Vegas, NV (May 18, 2024) | Seattle, WA (May 28, 2024) | Seattle, WA (May 30, 2024) | Manchester (June 25, 2024) | Missoula (August 22, 2024) | Indianapolis (August 26, 2024) | Chicago (August 31, 2024) | Philadelphia (September 09, 2024) | Baltimore (September 12, 2024)
  • JackD.JackD. Posts: 518
    Any recommandations for hôtels in Berlin accessible by public transports? If they skip Holland and Belgium, I will probably go to Berlin but never go there. Thanks in advance
    Anything is accessible in Berlin. It really doesn‘t matter where you stay. Book by reviews and price. If you want to get quick to and back from the venue look for something in the western part of the city or along the „Ringbahn“ (S41 and S42).
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,146
    no code said:
    no code said:

This discussion has been closed.