Options

How much do you think tickets will be on the next tour?

Comments

• Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,336
    mrezooc said:
    Metallica tickets were ridiculous. $600 for a single ticket in the nose bleeds in Montreal. Sold as a platinum. Hopefully PJ has more respect for their fans. $156 for Canada shows last time around was reasonable. Bruce Springsteen standard tickets were $325 for TO. I expect this is where we will see prices for a show in Canada I’d we get shows announced. 

I think the Metallica tickets were cheaper at face value... so comparing Metallica's nosebleed platinums to other bands face value prices isn't a fair comparison.  Right now a platinum nosebleed for Springsteen is $700 for Vancouver, but we paid $400 for much closer side stage tix.

I suspect PJ tickets might be 175ish (just sub $200 each) for the next tour.   We paid $190 for pumpkins but it was 6th row on the floor.   You could of had much cheaper tickets further back.  I guess that's the other challenge with PJ.  They charge the same price for all tickets, so in a way the people in the nosebleeds or subsidizing the people at the front.
  • Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,884

I don’t want to hear that artists have no choice anymore when it comes to ticket prices, fees and participating in PLATINUM TICKETS. 
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,281
    God Bless Robert Smith.
    If only others would follow suit.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,354
    Poncier said:
    God Bless Robert Smith.
    If only others would follow suit.
    Yeah no doubt! All those other high end acts can go screw them selves, I don’t care how long your shows are this is not directed at PJ but Springsteen and all Others that follow suit how much money does someone like the boss needs to make at this point? He’s worth hundreds of millions.
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    Some shenanigans going on with TM and the Cure.
    Face Value ticket exchange seats in Mansfield going for as much as $1,125.00 per seat.
    Seats that I know were face value of $60.00 and $90.00 going for 600-800 a seat.
    They have f'ed with the face value exchange and are charging their platinum prices on there.
    I assume Smith will go ballistic.
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    Face Value ticket exchange seats in Mansfield going for as much as $1,125.00 per seat.
    Seats that I know were face value of $60.00 and $90.00 going for 600-800 a seat.
    They have f'ed with the face value exchange and are charging their platinum prices on there.
    And 10 minutes later they have all disappeared.
    Somebody got caught.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,974
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    Somebody got caught.
    Incredibly shady. There are still people waiting to get paid for PJ Fan To Fan sales, too. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    Somebody got caught.
    JimmyV said:
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    Somebody got caught.
    Incredibly shady. There are still people waiting to get paid for PJ Fan To Fan sales, too. 
    Fucking A they are scum I’m going to have hard time giving them my $$$$ for any tickets going forward! 
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,196
    Could the band next tour try to find venues to play at that are not run by Ticketmaster? Is it impossible these days? Local venus here are not run by Ticketmaster and their prices are pretty reasonable. 
  • Options
    aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,221
    demetrios said:
    Could the band next tour try to find venues to play at that are not run by Ticketmaster? Is it impossible these days? Local venus here are not run by Ticketmaster and their prices are pretty reasonable. 
    They tried that in the 90's. Didn't work out too well.
    Unfortunately, Ticketmaster/Live Nation have a stranglehold on most major concert venues in the country. Probably their next biggest competitor would be AXS. And they employ many of the same policies and strategies as TM/LN. There are a few others, like etix, ticketfly/eventbrite, etc. But they don't seem to have contracts with many venues that could host a PJ show (or most other major acts).
  • Options
    WindowPaineWindowPaine Chicopee, MA Posts: 501
    Bands can absolutely tour venues without ticketmaster. The actual problem is that the bands need/want to make a ton of money and every giant venue they want to play is ticketmaster. They could also i assume pretty easily demand a certain TOTAL price of their tickets. Bands don't do this because the bottom line for ALL of them is $$. Once we all realize that and stop putting 100% blame on ticketmaster and put some responsibility back on the bands, who are the ones who have the power to say no, then this isn't going to end. 
    First Show: Springfield, MA 4/6/94
  • Options
    Bands can absolutely tour venues without ticketmaster. The actual problem is that the bands need/want to make a ton of money and every giant venue they want to play is ticketmaster. They could also i assume pretty easily demand a certain TOTAL price of their tickets. Bands don't do this because the bottom line for ALL of them is $$. Once we all realize that and stop putting 100% blame on ticketmaster and put some responsibility back on the bands, who are the ones who have the power to say no, then this isn't going to end. 
    Robert smith  proved that the artist has final say. There’s no excuses anymore 
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 4,066
    If PJ does the Fan2Fan exchange again, I hope we are allowed to sell tickets below face value if necessary.  I ended up eating 2 extra LA tickets last year that didn't sell. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    I find it telling that for Fenway, bands like GNR are using MLB's ticketing operation for the majority of seats but still sending some tickets to TM for platinum sales. The artists are most definitely willing participants. 

• Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,487
    JimmyV said:
    I find it telling that for Fenway, bands like GNR are using MLB's ticketing operation for the majority of seats but still sending some tickets to TM for platinum sales. The artists are most definitely willing participants. 
    Some of those tickets go through ticketmaster. Some teams use tickets.com
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    I think what The Cure is doing is admirable, I guess they do not care about the secondary market making money off their shows because that is what is driving the higher prices and the dynamic pricing.  TM is not happy with what the Cure is trying to do, it costs them money, so they jack up the fees. Just goes to show you there is no competition and consumers are constantly getting screwed. I thought that was illegal in this country. When PJ tours again, I will pick 10C tickets and hope to score. If not, I may skip it this time around.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,336
    JimmyV said:
    I feel like GNR has a good mix.  They tend to play stadiums even though in most markets they can't sell them out.  They're a bit too big for Arenas, but a bit to small (especially with having done the same tour since 2016) for stadiums.  The upside is that creates an excess of tickets compared to demand.    Sure the pit tickets and closer tickets are expensive, but there's different prices all over the venue to match peoples ability to buy them.

I remember even in 2016 we played the upgrade game for the Seattle show, and I took a small loss on the last pair of tickets I had to sell when I bought pit tix.  Wasn't a biggie, but the supply outmatched the demand so resell values were surprised.

I guess that's a tangent, but I like that GNR does that.   Plays venues where supply exceeds demand (well in most markets, I imagine if you play a city of 10 million people it's a different story).
  • Options
    aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,221
    JojoRice said:
    If PJ does the Fan2Fan exchange again, I hope we are allowed to sell tickets below face value if necessary.  I ended up eating 2 extra LA tickets last year that didn't sell. 
    That's a general policy for all TM/LN tickets. They've never allowed you to sell below face. If you need to unload for less than that, you have to go to StubHub or some other site (which, unfortunately, you can't do with F2F tickets).

But at least you got all your money back if you did sell on F2F for PJ last year. That wasn't the case for other bands. I had a Billy Strings show last year that was F2F only. And they actually took fees out of my face value sale. I only got $157 back on my $198 tickets. 
  • Options
    Get_Right said:
    I think what The Cure is doing is admirable, I guess they do not care about the secondary market making money off their shows because that is what is driving the higher prices and the dynamic pricing.  TM is not happy with what the Cure is trying to do, it costs them money, so they jack up the fees. Just goes to show you there is no competition and consumers are constantly getting screwed. I thought that was illegal in this country. When PJ tours again, I will pick 10C tickets and hope to score. If not, I may skip it this time around.
    I’ve been doing this for years if I don’t score 10C tickets I don’t go! The only time I decided to get secondary market tickets was for the one  98 MSG show I didn’t receive my request form from 10C thankfully my brother in law had scored with his number for the 1st night I broke down and got four tickets from a scalping company not even sure who it was! Those days are way over.
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    Get_Right said:
    I’ve been doing this for years if I don’t score 10C tickets I don’t go! The only time I decided to get secondary market tickets was for the one  98 MSG show I didn’t receive my request form from 10C thankfully my brother in law had scored with his number for the 1st night I broke down and got four tickets from a scalping company not even sure who it was! Those days are way over.
    In 98 you could still get decent tickets for a reasonable price.  Heck up tp 2006 you could still get tix for a fair price on the secondary market. Not anymore.
  • Options
    Get_Right said:
    Get_Right said:
    In 98 you could still get decent tickets for a reasonable price.  Heck up tp 2006 you could still get tix for a fair price on the secondary market. Not anymore.
    Yes I believe I paid less than 400 for four decent tickets back then for MSG 
  • Options
    pledgeagrievancepledgeagrievance Posts: 2,832
    edited March 2023
    I don’t think the system is broken as some have said. Ppl might be unhappy with prices, and fees and “gouging” but as long as tickets are bought, and shows are sold out, why the hell would anything change from a business standpoint. TM and bands are maximizing profit. It sucks but it’s entertainment; it’s a luxury item. TM and bands are not sympathetic or beholden to anyone’s wallet or bank account. If some fans get priced out, they don’t care as long as the tickets are sold. If they are selling out at $200 a piece why would they scale the price back? Their mindset is they left $ on the table. 
    That being said, if they were cool, they would live-stream every show for $30 as a compromise and let everyone who wants to watch every damn show. 
    Post edited by pledgeagrievance on
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,191
    I’m going to say near $200 a ticket with all the fees. I can see us never going to see them again honestly. I can feel the shift stronger than I ever have before. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    It's a lot of money. Travel costs on top of tickets is what will keep us away. I'd have trouble not breaking down and paying whatever price for a local show, but to add flights and hotels too? Harder and harder to justify that. 2022 was a little different because it had been four years since we saw them. Plus, while I loved both Ottawa and MSG, neither show compared to pre-COVID Pearl Jam.

• Options
    JimmyV said:
    It's a lot of money. Travel costs on top of tickets is what will keep us away. I'd have trouble not breaking down and paying whatever price for a local show, but to add flights and hotels too? Harder and harder to justify that. 2022 was a little different because it had been four years since we saw them. Plus, while I loved both Ottawa and MSG, neither show compared to pre-COVID Pearl Jam.
    Yeah I’d travel maybe for a special location show but otherwise im staying put and using my $$ for vacations 
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,551
    Other than possibly going to Ohana if they play again this year, we will be staying within a reasonable drive to go to a show. Chicago is 4.5 hours, Indy is 2.5, STL is 3 and Cincinnati is 4 and Nashville is 3.5, that is about as far as I would see is going. All this is assuming they actually play this year. 
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,490
    The revenue lost from albums sales due to file sharing and now streaming has us laying in the bed of high ticket prices we made ourselves.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    JimmyV said:
    Amen. Shows were still great but cmon. Not even close 
  • Options
    dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,413
    more expensive than the Cure tickets 
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”