Options

How much do you think tickets will be on the next tour?

Comments

• Options
    devonfzdevonfz Posts: 151
    Yeah, the price of the ticket almost doesn’t matter when you figure airlines hotel beer into the equation I very rarely can travel and see Pearl Jam for under 1000 bucks a show
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,041
    devonfz said:
    Yeah, the price of the ticket almost doesn’t matter when you figure airlines hotel beer into the equation I very rarely can travel and see Pearl Jam for under 1000 bucks a show
    Exactly why I think my days of flying are probably done. I'll drive 5 or 6 hours if I can make a weekend trip of it, but dont think I can fly again.
  • Options
    devonfzdevonfz Posts: 151
    Oh, I’ll drive any chance I get but even where I live in Northern California driving to LA is eight hours
  • Options
    SR91748SR91748 Posts: 139
    Hope to see them again. If the prices are too high, that will be a factor for me. 
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,336
    devonfz said:
    Not too different than me.   I live on an Island, so I need to drive/ferry/hotel to go to shows in Vancouver or Seattle.  Vancouver is a bit cheaper because of the foreign exchange rates.  I really like off season concerns (late fall/winter/early spring) because hotels are sometimes half the price than for summer concerts.     I think with Springsteen it might be one of the first times the ticket is more expensive than the trip.  i'm going with a friend so costs get split.   $30 to park a car at the ferry, and transit over from there.   $125 for half the hotel.   Maybe $100 for food and beer.  Yah, this is weird, the trip is going to cost less than the $400 ticket.
  • Options
    BF25394BF25394 Posts: 3,621
    I really embraced driving to shows last year. From L.A., I drove to the shows in San Diego (naturally), Glendale, Oakland and Fresno. In each case, I drove back right after the show (staying over one night in Oakland since there were two shows there). It was a breeze. It was less than six hours to Glendale and less than five from Oakland. Ironically, I was planning to fly to Sacramento and Vegas because my schedule didn't allow for driving, and those were the shows that ended up getting cancelled. I was sitting at the gate in the Burbank Airport 20 minutes from boarding my flight to Sacramento when my friend who had gone to the S.D. and L.A. shows with me and who was going to be meeting me in Vegas called and broke the news about Jeff's COVID.
    I gather speed from you fucking with me.
  • Options
    tim131tim131 Austin Posts: 30
    I know some folks mentioned there was 10c tickets then also premium tickets, what was the difference in price between the two last year, for say, GA tickets?

• Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,487
    tim131 said:
    I know some folks mentioned there was 10c tickets then also premium tickets, what was the difference in price between the two last year, for say, GA tickets?

They were 100 plus fees which came out to about 128. Premiums varied. I think the closer to the show it was pretty close to the actual price.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    I'm thinking 4-500 a pair after all the fees.
    That's almost 100% markup from the Gigaton tour. I don't think they've raised it that much in a short period of time. My guess would be 125 before fees
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,221
    tim131 said:

To my knowledge, there were no premium pit tickets. Those are still for 10c only (unless someone drops them on F2F). Regular tickets ran between $121-$124.50 after fees. Premium ran anywhere from $50 to $4000 more depending on the venue, seat location, length of time before show, etc.
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,371
    igotid88 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    That's almost 100% markup from the Gigaton tour. I don't think they've raised it that much in a short period of time. My guess would be 125 before fees
    Camden was 154 after fees.  Can’t see it being less this time.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,354
    Way too much! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,974
    igotid88 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Exactly. Look to the shows announced in 2022 for a guide, not the ones from 2020. 

I fully expect to pay somewhere between $300 and $400 per pair. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,235
    It's hard not to see what every other band from Arctic Monkeys to Depeche Mode to Springsteen is charging for arena shows and not tense up a little 
  • Options
    150 + fees for a half decent ticket to a major band is not terrible in this day and age.  Granted, in 2016 that covered a pair, not a single.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

• Options
    Yah I expect a ticket to be sub 200 after fees, but I don't suspect by much.   Tickets have taken off so much in price now.   Not sure if it's because demand won't ebb, or if it's because there's less arena/stadium bands to see, but it's gone crazy. 

It's hard too, because most of my favourite bands are older now, so it definitely occurs to you.. how many more chances will I get to see them.   If I live to be old enough I won't be able to see these bands anymore... makes you want to see them while you can... but the cost.. lol.
  • Options
    It comes down to sales bands just don’t make the $$$ for album sales, so they have to make up for it by sky high prices! I don’t care how great a band/artist is I’m not dropping $150 a ticket to see them in giant outdoor stadiums or festivals screw that.
  • Options
    It comes down to sales bands just don’t make the $$$ for album sales, so they have to make up for it by sky high prices! I don’t care how great a band/artist is I’m not dropping $150 a ticket to see them in giant outdoor stadiums or festivals screw that.

I'm mixed.  I won't do that for a band I'm a casual or larger fan of, but my favourite band.. probably more latitude with that one.

Stadiums are kind of a shit show, so my mantra is usually great tickets or bust for stadium shows.
  • Options
    Zod said:

I'm mixed.  I won't do that for a band I'm a casual or larger fan of, but my favourite band.. probably more latitude with that one.

Stadiums are kind of a shit show, so my mantra is usually great tickets or bust for stadium shows.
    Yeah good logic 
  • Options
    tim131tim131 Austin Posts: 30
    igotid88 said:
    tim131 said:

They were 100 plus fees which came out to about 128. Premiums varied. I think the closer to the show it was pretty close to the actual price.
    tim131 said:

To my knowledge, there were no premium pit tickets. Those are still for 10c only (unless someone drops them on F2F). Regular tickets ran between $121-$124.50 after fees. Premium ran anywhere from $50 to $4000 more depending on the venue, seat location, length of time before show, etc.
    Thanks y'all! this is helpful. Sounds like premium was about as high as Springsteen and Swift, but the face value is still very reasonable. Let's see what we get next go around!
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    JimmyV said:
    igotid88 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Exactly. Look to the shows announced in 2022 for a guide, not the ones from 2020. 

I fully expect to pay somewhere between $300 and $400 per pair. 
    2018 I believe was 116 after fees. I don't think they'll go to 200 for 1. Probably stay at 154ish. But if they ever play a place like Indiana it'll probably be less. Also in Camden they had lawn seats that were under 100.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 2,005
    When I saw Ed at the Auditorium Theatre 13 months ago, I paid $475ish for that pair. I would expect similar for the next new Pearl Jam tour.
  • Options
    Sarava said:
    When I saw Ed at the Auditorium Theatre 13 months ago, I paid $475ish for that pair. I would expect similar for the next new Pearl Jam tour.
    That’s absurd I’ll never drop that kind of cash on him the band or any other artist! 
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,974
    Ed's prices were more than I was willing to pay. Relieved actually to see that tour skip Boston. Made the decision much easier. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    The Earthlings tour was mostly smaller venues so it’s not surprising the tickets were more.  I don’t think PJ tickets would be as much as those Ed’s were.  

• Options
    The Earthlings tour was mostly smaller venues so it’s not surprising the tickets were more.  I don’t think PJ tickets would be as much as those Ed’s were.  

Maybe?  On the flip side that was the beginning of platinum tickets, and PJ started shortly therafter when selling the tickets people return from the postpone 2020 tour.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,198
    Sarava said:

$475 in US funds for a pair of tickets? I hope this doesn't happen for Pearl Jam. God help us! 
  • Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,742
    I really dont think it matters a deal, I'll pay what it is. 

Every time I see these guys they remind me why they are one of the greatest live bands left standing. The entertainment provided in that few hours is often a highlight of the year
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,966
    pdalowsky said:
    I really dont think it matters a deal, I'll pay what it is. 

Every time I see these guys they remind me why they are one of the greatest live bands left standing. The entertainment provided in that few hours is often a highlight of the year
    Agreed
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,240
    The tickets in 2022 I remember being noticeable "expensive" (Budapest, Prague, Copenhagen) compared to what I have paid for similar shows here in Sweden.

Are they really at the low end of the spectrum?

Maybe I'm misremembering. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"