Options

How much do you think tickets will be on the next tour?

Comments

• Options
    smile6680smile6680 Posts: 351
    demetrios said:
    Zod said:
    demetrios said:
    tschav said:
    Easy $150/ticket, and with Chicago being a state where we screw ourselves with ticket resale laws I’m not surprised if I end up paying $$$ from fans buying without intent to go. 

If only Ticketmaster could fix this ... Where those who buy tickets to the show have it in their name. So there is no way you can transfer or resell those bought tickets. If you can't make it to the show it's your lose. This though, will never happen. 

They do, don't they?  PJ started it with the Fan2Fan portal which is just TM's reseller portal with a fixed price.  I read that The Cult was using the same portal to restrict their ticket resales.

I think the issue is it's illegal to do this in several states.   Tickets have to be transferable in certain states, which defacto makes it impossible to stop scalping.  In this case I think TM is handcuffed by state law, so the laws would need to change.

D'oh! Forgot about the Fan2Fan thing.

If it's illegal to do it in several states, then bands should stop playing at those states until they fix this law. *twisted evil
    We all know that won't happen.
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,127
    demetrios said:
    tschav said:
    Easy $150/ticket, and with Chicago being a state where we screw ourselves with ticket resale laws I’m not surprised if I end up paying $$$ from fans buying without intent to go. 

If only Ticketmaster could fix this ... Where those who buy tickets to the show have it in their name. So there is no way you can transfer or resell those bought tickets. If you can't make it to the show it's your lose. This though, will never happen. 
    My new pitch is this, taking a page from the hotel industry:

- Sell a quantity of tickets at a low or reasonable price that are non-transferable

- Sell a quantity of tickets that are marked up to market rate or do dynamic pricing or dutch auction even for the best seats but all are fully transferable 
  • Options
    I realize this is essentially what Pearl Jam has been doing for years but jack up the public onsale price. Sucks if you lose the lottery but since "play more shows to meet demand" doesn't seem to be an option I'm not sure what else you do.
  • Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,983
    how much is an arm and leg cost nowadays?
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,990
    I'm going to guess $157.50 for St. Paul.
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,321
    how much is an arm and leg cost nowadays?

It's hard to judge.  Most expensive I've paid thus far:

1) Rolling Stones - Seattle 2019 - $400 USD a ticket (first section beside the stage a few rows up, could of paid $100 more to be in the pit)
    2) GNR - Seattle 2016 - $250 USD for pit tix.
    3) Springsteen 2023 Vancouver: 400 Canadian $ for side stage tickets.

I think to me if it's a veteran arena/stadium level act, it's not bad if it's under $200 (not sure yet if I feel that's in Canadian $ or US $)
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,029
    I hate non transferrable tickets though. We buy them several months out and things can happen. That seat shouldn't have to go empty and me be out money.
    I'd be all about laws that make resale of tickets be face value or lower though. 
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,990
    mace1229 said:
    I hate non transferrable tickets though. We buy them several months out and things can happen. That seat shouldn't have to go empty and me be out money.
    I'd be all about laws that make resale of tickets be face value or lower though. 
    agreed...especially if it isn't a high demand show
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,242
    i think about $ 165.00/ea....$330.00/pair
  • Options
    joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,216
    alphawolf said:

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    There's a loophole for everything. I have friends in various parts of the country who would be stoked for me to grab my 10C tickets and transfer them for face.
  • Options
    Anyone know if Minnesota, Indiana, and Texas are F2F states? 
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,850
    Anyone know if Minnesota, Indiana, and Texas are F2F states? 
    Yes
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,600
    CopperTom said:
    This seems like a good guess. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    mace1229 said:

I mean I've gone to 100's 100's of shows over the last few decades.  I missed 2 due to illness.  I'd sacrifice having to eat pairs on a rare occasion to make them non-transferable and prevent scalping.

I don't think the resale limits will work because the previous loophole was you base your operation in a location that doesn't have the law.   Trying to scalp tickets to Washington state, run your base of operations in another state or country kind of thing.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,021
    CopperTom said:

Wow so close!!

St. Paul = $161.40

Go Animal said:
    Go Animal said:

Btw, my early indication is 2023 tix will start at $155-159 regular price (and $75-85 for Noblesville lawn). When I make the new thread, I'll still be encouraging everyone to avoid PJ Premium because none of us should have to pay more to see our favorite band🤘
    I got the Showcase Showdown B)  

St. Paul = $161.40
    Chicago = $162.83
    Noblesville = $151.00
    * lawn = $81.00
    Ft. Worth = $161.27
    Austin = $162.05

avg. seat price = $159.71
    lawn price = $81.00

• Options
    jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,275
    edited April 2023
    Actually shocking how cheap they kept it $130 roughly per show.  Great job by 10c/PJ.  

The only thing even remotely disappointing is $30 in service fees per ticket.  Full disclaimer - that is a Ticketmaster monopoly complaint and not in anyway to be construed as a complaint about ticket pricing by the band.  Fuck ticketmaster and their $30 service fee. 
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,955
    Actually shocking how cheap they kept it $130 roughly per show.  Great job by 10c/PJ.  

The only thing even remotely disappointing is $30 in service fees per ticket.  Full disclaimer - that is a Ticketmaster monopoly complaint and not in anyway to be construed as a complaint about ticket pricing by the band.  Fuck ticketmaster and their $30 service fee. 
    Absolutely agree. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    rahjiimrahjiim Posts: 130
    I just found this German website, stating that they forbid dynamic pricing:

https://www.visions.de/news/pearl-jam-untersagen-dynamische-preisgestaltung-ticketpreise/

• Options
    NEweatherNEweather Posts: 450
    devonfz said:
    Oh, I’ll drive any chance I get but even where I live in Northern California driving to LA is eight hours
           So true. 
  • Options

Second this. Well below every other arena show I've looked at this year.
  • Options
    Yup, lower than I thought they'd be.  Considering what's happened to the rest of the industry, the tickets seem very reasonably priced.  I suppose a solid tradeoff for 10% of the tickets being sold as platinum?
  • Options
    jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,275
    I feel like if platinum is truly keeping prices down its cool by me, won't complain about it (anymore if I did in the past).  I bought a platinum last year for MSG because I refuse to pay aftermarket scalpers.. if platinum goes to PJ and If that helps a fan where $130 is pushing their financial allowance get to a show then cool it helped a fellow fan as they can still afford to go.
  • Options
    SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,816
    $160 to see the BEST LIVE BAND ON THE PLANET?

A Bargain! 
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,261
    $160 to see the BEST LIVE BAND ON THE PLANET?

A Bargain! 
    It really is in today's concert market.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    CobCob Posts: 857
    I go to a LOT of shows, I went to Springsteen in Dallas ($118.00) Houston ($86.00 for 2 tix, so $43 a ticket) Austin ($127.00 face value, from a friends wife)  I didn't buy ANY of these tickets when they went on sale.  I just put in for Ft Worth and Austin as a 10Club member, I only put in for 1 night of Ft Worth and both nights of ATX as I live in ATX, I did not put in for both nights of Ft Worth because of the price, at $330.00 a pair, these are VERY high ticket prices compared to what I have been paying the last couple of years.

I see Phish a lot (insert whatever snarky remark) they play a lot of shows every year, they tour every summer, they can sell a lot of tickets, especially on the east coast, starting last year Phish started charging more for tickets and Phish fans went bonkers, but even Phish's prices aren't to this level, I am seeing them at MSG this summer and my tickets are about $120-$130 after fees, so to me $160.00 is not a bargain, it's a higher price and I'm a 54 year old who isn't scrapping by by any means.

I know we are all Pearl Jam fans on here, but let's call a spade a spade, these tickets are expensive, I didn't put in for any tickets for Ft Worth night 1, it's on a Wed night, in Texas, I have seen Pearl Jam in Dallas and OKC in the past, so I know I will have no problem getting tickets for night 1.  Chicago and Deer Creek will be different, they will be harder tickets for sure, if I don't get any tickets for Ft Worth and Austin, I will just go to plan B, which will not be going to Ticketmaster for the public on sale, I will just wait like I did for Springsteen and I'm sure it will work out.

Again, I know we are all Pearl Jam fans on here, but let's be realistic, they have demand from their hard core fans like us, but this isn't PJ from the 1990's that, at the time, were one of the biggest bands in the world, they played 1 show last year at MSG, not 2 or 3 and I ALWAYS have friends and family say, "they are still a band?" when I tell them I'm going to see Pearl Jam.  I LOVE Pearl Jam, I'm not bashing them, just being realistic.  Hope everyone has great shows in 2023, hope everyone gets tickets to the shows they put in for, see you at the shows!

[img][/img]9/5/92, 11/20/93, 3/14,15/94, 9/16/95, 10/14,15/2000
    4/5,6/9/2003, 9/1/05, 12/7/2005, 7/15,16,18/2006, 8/5/2007
    6/24,25/08,6/27/08,6/28/08,6/30/08
    9/21,22/2009, 10/4/2009
    5/6,7,9/2010, 9/3/2011 9/4/2011, 11/15/2013,
    11/16/2013, 12/8/2013, 10/5/2014, 10/12/2014,
    4/23, 5/10, 5/12, 8/20, 8/22 2016,
    8/8, 8/10, 8/18, 8/20 2018, 5/12, 5/13, 9/20 2022

• Options
    Cob said:
    I go to a LOT of shows, I went to Springsteen in Dallas ($118.00) Houston ($86.00 for 2 tix, so $43 a ticket) Austin ($127.00 face value, from a friends wife)  I didn't buy ANY of these tickets when they went on sale.  I just put in for Ft Worth and Austin as a 10Club member, I only put in for 1 night of Ft Worth and both nights of ATX as I live in ATX, I did not put in for both nights of Ft Worth because of the price, at $330.00 a pair, these are VERY high ticket prices compared to what I have been paying the last couple of years.

I see Phish a lot (insert whatever snarky remark) they play a lot of shows every year, they tour every summer, they can sell a lot of tickets, especially on the east coast, starting last year Phish started charging more for tickets and Phish fans went bonkers, but even Phish's prices aren't to this level, I am seeing them at MSG this summer and my tickets are about $120-$130 after fees, so to me $160.00 is not a bargain, it's a higher price and I'm a 54 year old who isn't scrapping by by any means.

I know we are all Pearl Jam fans on here, but let's call a spade a spade, these tickets are expensive, I didn't put in for any tickets for Ft Worth night 1, it's on a Wed night, in Texas, I have seen Pearl Jam in Dallas and OKC in the past, so I know I will have no problem getting tickets for night 1.  Chicago and Deer Creek will be different, they will be harder tickets for sure, if I don't get any tickets for Ft Worth and Austin, I will just go to plan B, which will not be going to Ticketmaster for the public on sale, I will just wait like I did for Springsteen and I'm sure it will work out.

Again, I know we are all Pearl Jam fans on here, but let's be realistic, they have demand from their hard core fans like us, but this isn't PJ from the 1990's that, at the time, were one of the biggest bands in the world, they played 1 show last year at MSG, not 2 or 3 and I ALWAYS have friends and family say, "they are still a band?" when I tell them I'm going to see Pearl Jam.  I LOVE Pearl Jam, I'm not bashing them, just being realistic.  Hope everyone has great shows in 2023, hope everyone gets tickets to the shows they put in for, see you at the shows!

This is what the Springsteen on sale looked like here in Boston. I think PJ tix are a bargain in comparison. 

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,149
    JimmyV said:
    Cob said:

This is what the Springsteen on sale looked like here in Boston. I think PJ tix are a bargain in comparison. 

Bought Bruce tix for the stabdard price of $75 for his show here this summer. 

I guess free roaming capitalism doesn’t trumf some ol’ fashioned social democracy in all cases
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    JimmyV said:
    Cob said:

Bought Bruce tix for the stabdard price of $75 for his show here this summer. 

I guess free roaming capitalism doesn’t trumf some ol’ fashioned social democracy in all cases
    It seems there were cheaper tickets just about everywhere. The variable pricing in Boston was out of control. 

• Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,472
    Most of you were way off with 300 or 400
    I miss igotid88