Options

European Leg 2022 Pearl Jam Posters

Comments

• Options
    KidAOKKidAOK Posts: 93
    browngw said:
    Stood in line almost two hours and posters sold out 30 people ahead of me.  A special 🖕🏻to the three different couples I watched walk away with four posters each.  It was an awful experience, won’t do that again.
    Just don't bother?

No matter how much the poster will resell for it wouldn't be enough money for me to stand in that heat for 2 hours and take half a day away from drinking with friends in this great city.
  • Options
    browngwbrowngw Posts: 113
    mrz200 said:
    I was coming in here to ask if the European merch situation is any "better" than the US shows, but seems like it's not

we are attending amsterdam1 and I've got wall space reserved already!  But a 2 hour line isn't in the cards.  I am usually pretty decent at hitting online sales, either artist drops or 10C.  is that pretty normal that even these european show posters will get a re-release online at some point, even at reduced qty?
    I wish I wouldn’t have wasted my time, I won’t in Prague.  We came over from Dallas and let’s just say my wife isn’t real happy with me right now after waiting in line and striking out.

I’m just afraid to take my chances with artist sales and 10 Club sales because people treat these posters as an investment or use them to flip.  I just want posters of the shows I actually attend!
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,638
    KidAOK said:
    browngw said:
    Stood in line almost two hours and posters sold out 30 people ahead of me.  A special 🖕🏻to the three different couples I watched walk away with four posters each.  It was an awful experience, won’t do that again.
    Just don't bother?

No matter how much the poster will resell for it wouldn't be enough money for me to stand in that heat for 2 hours and take half a day away from drinking with friends in this great city.
    So right. Just buy the print for $200.  Your 3-4 hours of time is worth more than that in a world class city.
  • Options
    RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,391
    Buy at doors open, or on the beer line on ebay if you strike out. Thats the only way unless your in....Camden, NJ. Then, stay on line.
  • Options
    I never got into any of this for the investment. I fell in love with Pearl Jam and bought posters as mementos. Now I collect them.

Are some worth more now and is that awesome? Yes. But my walls and house are covered with them. We collect things that make us happy I guess.
  • Options
    KM73780KM73780 Posts: 1,063
    browngw said:
    mrz200 said:
    I was coming in here to ask if the European merch situation is any "better" than the US shows, but seems like it's not

we are attending amsterdam1 and I've got wall space reserved already!  But a 2 hour line isn't in the cards.  I am usually pretty decent at hitting online sales, either artist drops or 10C.  is that pretty normal that even these european show posters will get a re-release online at some point, even at reduced qty?
    I wish I wouldn’t have wasted my time, I won’t in Prague.  We came over from Dallas and let’s just say my wife isn’t real happy with me right now after waiting in line and striking out.

I’m just afraid to take my chances with artist sales and 10 Club sales because people treat these posters as an investment or use them to flip.  I just want posters of the shows I actually attend!
    This is a fantastically ugly poster and I would doubt that 10C, and possibly not even AP copies, will sell out. So don’t rush to eBay. You’ll have your chances to land one. 
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,415
    KM73780 said:
    browngw said:
    mrz200 said:

This is a fantastically ugly poster and I would doubt that 10C, and possibly not even AP copies, will sell out. So don’t rush to eBay. You’ll have your chances to land one. 
    I wouldn’t bet on either of those happening. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    FlavafrazFlavafraz Pennsylvania Posts: 412
    Ya I don’t collect to resell I also think if I buy something it should be in good condition. That’s why I’m a little frustrated my Ames London ap showed up with creases on the back wasn’t from shipping tube was fine. Did anyone else have this. This stinks I love the print I don’t want money back what am I supposed to do 
  • Options
    ConorKavanaghConorKavanagh Ireland Posts: 1,148
    The person in front of me got the last poster. I wish I didn't go to Spar on my way.
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022
  • Options
    PeArLgOoNeRPeArLgOoNeR Posts: 1,249
    When did the poster craze (sp) start? 
    I remember bying posters after the shows up until 2014.. 
    Then when PJ returned to europe in 2018, they sold out in no time.. 

Hamburg 2000, Berlin 2006, Copenhagen 2007, Berlin 2009, Berlin 2010, Berlin 1+2 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1+2 2014, Vienna 2014, Berlin 2014, Prague 2018, Krakow 2018
  • Options
    ConorKavanaghConorKavanagh Ireland Posts: 1,148
    The person in front of me got the last poster. I wish I didn't go to Spar on my way.
    Pearl Jam please play In My Tree in honour of the Spar logo.
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    For me the craze began in 03. MSG 03 specifically, someone bought them all out. I bought on ebay that week I think. Hangs in my spare bedroom. 96,98,00 were easy.
  • Options
    I also quit lines in 2015 after waiting 5 hours before the Central Park show and not getting one. Now its doors, or ebay, or here, ive been really lucky stalking here. ;)
  • Options
    KidAOK said:
    browngw said:
    Just don't bother?

I agree, lesson learned!  Would rather spend time in a city I’ve never been to.  I just never dreamed the lines would be that crazy and that they would move that slow!
  • Options
    Why do people need two posters from the show? To trade later?  My wife waited in line while I went to see what was taking the line so long.  I would bet in the 10 minutes I sat there the majority of people bought two posters.  
  • Options
    PeArLgOoNeRPeArLgOoNeR Posts: 1,249
    browngw said:
    Why do people need two posters from the show? To trade later?  My wife waited in line while I went to see what was taking the line so long.  I would bet in the 10 minutes I sat there the majority of people bought two posters.  
    10club tickets are sold in pairs.. I always go with my brother.. one of us goes poster hunting, while the other one holds our place in line.. whoever is in line buys 2 so we get one each.. 
    I think a lot of people do it that way.. 

Hamburg 2000, Berlin 2006, Copenhagen 2007, Berlin 2009, Berlin 2010, Berlin 1+2 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1+2 2014, Vienna 2014, Berlin 2014, Prague 2018, Krakow 2018
  • Options
    JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,445
    browngw said:
    I bought two. One for my friend who held the spot in the GA line and one for me
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,611
    JPPJ84 said:
    browngw said:
    I bought two. One for my friend who held the spot in the GA line and one for me
    Good plan
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    That and there is a 2 poster limit so 2 is perfectly ok to buy. And one day you realise its "stuff" not that important 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 8,229
    In the past I bought 2.  In case I damage one. Keep one mint, hang the other. Maybe trade. Kind of stupid I guess!
  • Options
    That and there is a 2 poster limit so 2 is perfectly ok to buy. And one day you realise its "stuff" not that important 
    Agreed. This is the only poster I‘ve bought and it’s going on the wall
  • Options
    edited July 2022
    I collected  everything and i now realise its just stuff. Collecting  is fun. Trading  and that sort of thing. Your  friend  gets you a sticker from the other side of the world  and you get one from your home town show. Brilliant fun. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    this!

I gave up from 2018 euro tour onwards having bought a poster at every show I attended since 1996, because lines became so long and no guarantee won't be sold out when you get to the front and like a lot of people here have said, I prefer to explore the city during the day rather than wait in line. it does feel like 2018 was a real tipping point. was sometimes difficult before then in 2015 and 2016 for example for certain posters IIRC but 2018 seemed to reach a whole new level. I've occasionally been able to pick up an AP in online sales since but it is a bit of a shame not to have as a momento of the show (especially since the introduction of mobile/print-at-home tickets means they're not really momentos and TM's habit of not delivering on commemorative tickets even though paid for). in reality it's good for my bank balance and wall space but still....
    Finsbury Park '92 | Brixton 1 '93 | Wembley 2 '96 | Wembley 1&2 '00 | Reading, Paris '06 | Munich, Wembley '07 | Shepherds Bush, Berlin, Manchester, London '09 | Dublin, Belfast, Hyde Park '10 | Manchester 1&2, Amsterdam 1, Copenhagen, Atlanta '12 | Brooklyn 2, Philly 1&2, LA 1&2 '13 | Amsterdam 1&2, Vienna, Berlin '14 | Central Park, Santiago, Sao Paulo, Belo Horizonte, Rio de Janeiro, Mexico City '15 | Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Wrigley 1&2 '16 | London 1, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, London 2, Fenway 2 '18 | Oakland 1&2, Berlin, Zurich, Frankfurt, Copenhagen, London 1&2, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam '22 | St. Paul 1&2, Chicago 1&2 '23 |
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,492
    edited July 2022
    I only buy one poster, so the person behind me can get one.

I was born and raised in Sweden though.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Hmm.... the only time I remember being in the midst of the chaos of a poster selling out was Prague 2018. And now Budapest.

That Donkey Kong MGS poster there was chaos around also...

But don't remember it being that crazy at 2012 and earlier...
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    JPPJ84 said:
    Could it be, we have the same taste in posters. I liked this design.
  • Options
    JPPJ84 said:
    Could it be, we have the same taste in posters. I liked this design.
    Could be. Sometimes 😄
  • Options
    JABKJABK Finland Posts: 316
    It would be nice if 10c members could pre order the event shirt to the events they're attending.
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,567
    browngw said:
    Posters should be limited to one per person.  I get that many people get a second for a friend and not to flip.  But limiting it to one per person would make sure that more people who put in the work on the line could get one.  Someone who waited two or more hours on line shouldn’t miss out while someone who wasn’t there gets one.  I know we all have great friends who “deserve” a poster but that still shouldn’t trump the guy standing in the line. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore