Options

European Leg 2022 Pearl Jam Posters

Comments

• Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 88,615
  • Options
    CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,384
    I never purchase posters to shows I don’t go to (and have never done an artist sale), but man I am digging this print. Being a comics guy, it has a cool Ghost Rider vibe, but the text about the legend on the back sold me. 

Does it look as good in person? That red really pops!
  • Options
    matt84matt84 Posts: 622
    Decided this is the best of the posters.
  • Options
    KM73780KM73780 Posts: 1,061
    One of my friends is a big history guy, specifically medieval. And he loves it…so he talked me into it haha. He loved the historical accuracy of the armor too. 
  • Options
    CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,384
    Such a cool connection to the city. That art is spectacular, the armor, horse, all of it!
  • Options
    Sold out! 
  • Options
    ConorKavanaghConorKavanagh Ireland Posts: 1,148
    GlowGirl said:
    Yes. Line went pretty fast. I was able to get everything I wanted. I didn’t get a poster but there seemed to be quite a bit left when I was there. 
    Same here. I didn't bother with the poster, as I prefer to frame ones for shows that I can remember etc. I was glad to see lots there when I went.
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022
  • Options

Hiya. Here’s a #Pearljam poster from their current European tour that I’m hoping will be the first of many posters to come. The show has been unfortunately cancelled due to heat damaging #EddieVedder’s throat. Bummer.

Fortunately, I am releasing the poster NOW in my shop (link in bio). I’m usually directed by some sort of client brief or assignment, but this was different. This was a rare opportunity to try some storytelling in a single image and look a little into my early days when I was making flyers and band merch.

Folklore and ghost stories always hold my attention, so it felt appropriate to make something based on ‘The Headless Templar of Prague.’ This headless horseman allegedly rides through the streets at night in search of someone brave or drunk enough to pierce his heart with his own sword in order to set his soul free.

Big thanks to @mrtsurt for tapping me to do this. It was a real joy.

Prints are moving fast, so don’t sleep!

• Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,176
    Prague is the Best poster in a long time!  That print is badass!
  • Options
    matt84matt84 Posts: 622
    Agree!
  • Options
    aidt17aidt17 Posts: 614
    For sure. The Prague poster really pops!
    Hamilton 05, 11, Cleveland 06, Toronto 09, 16, Buffalo 10,13, London 13, Seattle 13, Detroit 14, Milwaukee 14, Ottawa 16, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    Seattle 1 & 2, Missoula, Wrigley 1 & 2

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,422
    Yep. But I wouldnt frame a headless horseman after the age of 17. 

But the striking background is dope. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,645
    GlowGirl said:
    The line is going pretty quickly now
    Yes. Line went pretty fast. I was able to get everything I wanted. I didn’t get a poster but there seemed to be quite a bit left when I was there. 
    👍
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,422
    where there people there untill 22.00?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options

It's a badass print. Can't wait to get it from Oliver. 
  • Options
    SM187650SM187650 Canada Posts: 719
    Anyone know if the Copenhagen poster says Idles on it anywhere? 
  • Options
    PeArLgOoNeRPeArLgOoNeR Posts: 1,249
    SM187650 said:
    Anyone know if the Copenhagen poster says Idles on it anywhere? 
    It does not

Hamburg 2000, Berlin 2006, Copenhagen 2007, Berlin 2009, Berlin 2010, Berlin 1+2 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1+2 2014, Vienna 2014, Berlin 2014, Prague 2018, Krakow 2018
  • Options
    HoccapukHoccapuk Posts: 504
    On the back 🤦🏻‍♂️
  • Options
    drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,150
    Hoccapuk said:
    On the back 🤦🏻‍♂️
    Ridiculous. I remember the Barcelona 18 AP was also like that
  • Options
    HoccapukHoccapuk Posts: 504
    edited July 2022
    And it was poorly packed, no craft paper and the end caps were not taped.  I’m lucky it was only going in country and not that far.  I can only imagine what the international shipments will look like.

it’s good the band is choosing new artists but it’s clear that they haven’t bothered to learn how to pack these and ship them properly.  Considering these issues are showing up a lot lately.

Need a Pearl Jam artist school of posters and packaging 😂
    Post edited by Hoccapuk on
  • Options
    drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,150
    Hoccapuk said:
    And it was poorly packed, no craft paper and the end caps were not taped.  I’m lucky it was only going in country and not that far.  I can only imagine what the international shipments will look like.

it’s good the band is choosing new artists but it’s clear that they haven’t bothered to learn how to pack these and ship them properly.  Considering these issues are showing up a lot lately.

Need a Pearl Jam artist school of posters and packaging 😂
    I only think 3 have been poorly packaged this year? The Townshend, Rifkin and Schommer? Lots of the other new artists like Bella Grace, Peter Diamond etc are experienced in movie posters etc so have packaged stuff well 
  • Options
    LizJLizJ Posts: 338
    I missed the poster sale yesterday. So if anyone has two or is willing to sell their Prague Poster, please message me. Heading to Amsterdam now. 
  • Options
    Hoccapuk said:

The weird thing abut some of the new artists on the Pearl Jam roster is they have sold prints before. Prior shipments have they not been contacted by customers that their prints arrived damaged? Where no kraft paper was protecting the poster & the end caps were not taped up? The fact they are charging 100+ US bucks plus shipping on a poster, the least they could do is package the poster properly.
  • Options
    tylermooretylermoore St. Joseph, MI Posts: 903
    Sorry if it’s been answered somewhere else, but does anyone know where the outdoor merch stand is in Amsterdam?
  • Options
    arnhem1976arnhem1976 Posts: 647
    Sorry if it’s been answered somewhere else, but does anyone know where the outdoor merch stand is in Amsterdam?
    Nekt to the venue 
  • Options
    tylermooretylermoore St. Joseph, MI Posts: 903
    Nekt to the venue 
    Yes thank you. Just wondering exactly where. Thought maybe it’d be out front where the GA line is? 
  • Options
    LizJLizJ Posts: 338
    LizJ said:
    I missed the poster sale yesterday. So if anyone has two or is willing to sell their Prague Poster, please message me. Heading to Amsterdam now. 
    Could trade with the Vienna Poster.
  • Options