• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,777
    edited May 2022
    Jed said:
    igotid88 said:
    PJNB said:
    igotid88 said:
    strilo said:
    I also teared up at that video. Does anyone have the story on who Josh A is and how this happened? What an amazing experience!
    Matt has covid
    I saw someone on social media say Jeff A picked him out of the crowd since he had a shirt with all of the PJ drummers names on it and he could actually play. 
    Eddie asked the audience if anyone knew how to play. He brought up The Who when Keith passed out. Then the cameras pointed to the guy in the crowd
    If you want to see how Josh A ended up playing Y. Ledbetter with the band... here is a video of what happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rF9W-rIyAu0
    Awesome thanks. What a moment looks like Mike spotted him
    Post edited by PJNB on
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    incredible
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    tylermooretylermoore St. Joseph, MI Posts: 885
    PJNB said:
    Jed said:
    igotid88 said:
    PJNB said:
    igotid88 said:
    strilo said:
    I also teared up at that video. Does anyone have the story on who Josh A is and how this happened? What an amazing experience!
    Matt has covid
    I saw someone on social media say Jeff A picked him out of the crowd since he had a shirt with all of the PJ drummers names on it and he could actually play. 
    Eddie asked the audience if anyone knew how to play. He brought up The Who when Keith passed out. Then the cameras pointed to the guy in the crowd
    If you want to see how Josh A ended up playing Y. Ledbetter with the band... here is a video of what happened.

Awesome thanks. What a moment looks like Mike spotted him
    Yeah I was on Mikes side relatively close to the guy, pretty sure Mike spotted him. What a damn treasure Mike is, always interacting with fans the whole show 
  • Options
    MattchewMattchew Posts: 1,345
    I just watched vid of the closer from Oakland. What a band! Josh Arroyo was a champ and as a longtime single dad raising a 12yr old daughter, it brought a lil tear to my eye when his daughter hugged him after YL ended. That must have been a cool show to be at. 
    This is so awesome!  Very lucky, and amazing moment for him!  What a great band!
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,922
    Someone has had to have spoken to this guy after the fact and got the details. I wonder if they asked him what he could play? Gave him a choice? What a memory for that guy. And his daughter!
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,417
    Jed said:
    igotid88 said:
    PJNB said:
    igotid88 said:
    strilo said:
    Matt has covid

I saw it yesterday on someone's stream
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    mtrovato328mtrovato328 Posts: 18
    Guy did amazing. Even if I was a real good drummer I would probably be puking and peeing my pants at the same time if I got picked 
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,511
    Amazing. 
  • Options
    NEweatherNEweather Posts: 450
    igotid88 said:
    PJNB said:
    igotid88 said:
    strilo said:
    Matt has covid
    And while the lights & camera were on the guy, two other people were "miming" in the light , pointing to him, asserting he was capable and could play the drums for Pearl Jam.
  • Options
    PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,767
    They have to know him, he is a drum tech for Ben Harpers band.
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,236
    Guy did amazing. Even if I was a real good drummer I would probably be puking and peeing my pants at the same time if I got picked 

This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,550
    Last nights guest drummer. 17 yrs old

https://youtu.be/y0QQYDFYZos
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,185
    Last nights guest drummer. 17 yrs old

https://youtu.be/y0QQYDFYZos
    Cool as hell!!
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,044
    Stolen gimmick from Gene Simmons. WILL THE LOVE AND ADMIRATION FOR KISS EVER STOP WITH THIS BAND?!?!

https://youtu.be/Dq-wD2pz2gg
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Man, that Mind your Manners version was ace!
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    CPR7CPR7 Stade de France, July 10, 2016 Posts: 364
    Stolen gimmick from Gene Simmons. WILL THE LOVE AND ADMIRATION FOR KISS EVER STOP WITH THIS BAND?!?!

Kiss is garbage
  • Options
    SHZASHZA St. Louis, MO USA Posts: 3,204
    Jed said:
    igotid88 said:
    PJNB said:
    igotid88 said:
    strilo said:
    Matt has covid

Wow, early in that video around 1:30 Ed points to someone in the pit and says "really? You up for it? I like this guy, we have a relationship." He recognized me I guess from having been in the same spot in front at both LA shows. Friends were making a fuss yelling that I can drum (I definitely can't). I was waving it off big time, not wanting to make a fool of myself and ruin the show lol 
  • Options
    CPR7 said:

Kiss is garbage
    Tell that to Matt, Mike and Jeff. 
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,499
    edited May 2022
    Well this sucks. 

Post edited by Merkin Baller on
  • Options
    Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,729
    Weird Al also said today that he has covid. I just saw him live on Saturday. He said he’ll make up the dates ASAP though. 

I’m surprised they’re cancelling over this. Nothing against you low-end lovers, but I feel like the show could go on without the bassist. It would be somewhat lacking. But I’d rather a show with no bass than no show at all. Tough luck for the band and fans that had tickets. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    SpokenJeremySpokenJeremy Posts: 604
    Fuck
    Intelligence is the key and she was locked out

Let's Just Pop a Few Yards of Bubble Wrap and Call It a Day!

Don't Die Wondering

• Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,960
    Thats a bummer.

• Options
    That’s brutal. Sad news for all planning to attend.

This is going to be a long tour. 

Ed, Matt, and now Jeff had/have COVID so hopefully will be immune after for the remainder. Have Stone and Mike had it yet to our knowledge? 
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,922
    Sucks so much all around. Health comes first, but it's a punch in the gut for everyone who traveled and has tickets. Hope Jeff and Matt make a speedy and full recovery. So tired of this fucking disease. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,632
    edited May 2022
    First, I want to say I hope the positive tests are a result of daily testing only and that Jeff and Matt are both asymptomatic and recover quickly 

In terms of how this affects the rest of the year -
    There are so many tours being affected by Covid right now and Pearl Jam is now just one of many, many recent cancellations.

I think as a fan, traveling to any show right now is a huge risk in terms of last minute cancellations.  I’m sure PJ has abided by the bubble rules more strictly than anyone, and this still happened.

At a certain point, there is going to have to be a transition from daily testing to testing only when symptomatic, or else cancellations of tours and shows is going to become a very regular occurrence.  

I am sure the band is all for being Covid conscience, but I can’t imagine them being thrilled about going on the road and possibly dealing with this and the Ticketmaster mandated “bubble” much longer - especially if these positive tests are found in asymptomatic band members 
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    We have three band members sick folks. 

It’s unreasonable to assume they are just sitting around with a cough. Performing is hard work and takes 100%. I know I can’t do desk work when I don’t feel well, I can’t imagine getting up and performing. Ed I’m sure was not having a fun time on Monday. To think he’s recovered 100% in two days at his age would be unreasonable. 

They tried their best to stick it out. 2 out of 5 well members is not good numbers to move forward. 

Edit: anyone in for a Stone and Mike power show? 😁
    Post edited by OceansJenny on
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    We have three band members sick folks. 

It’s unreasonable to assume they are just sitting around with a cough. Performing is hard work and takes 100%. I know I can’t do desk work when I don’t feel well, I can’t imagine getting up and performing. Ed I’m sure was not having a fun time on Monday. To think he’s recovered 100% in two days at his age would be unreasonable. 

They tried their best to stick it out. 2 out of 5 well members is not good numbers to move forward. 

Edit: anyone in for a Stone and Mike power show? 😁
    No way they are fully recovered to put on a show. It took me almost a full week to have energy to get up and down our stairs, and that's fully vaxxed/boosted at 44 years old AND that cough is real. Still lingers 2 weeks post COVID diagnosis. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    Sorry for Jeff, Matt and all the people that traveled for these shows.  Get well soon.  Sucks to get COVID after 2+ years of playing it smart and being vaxxed.  It just ran through our house about three weeks ago and it was not fun. Took a full 10 days for us to feel 100% and we around the same age. 
  • Options
    Gravey1975Gravey1975 Posts: 279
    Mike had had it recently apparently too - I've seen a few folks mention it on the boards. If Stone catches it soon then the whole band might have natural immunity long enough to last the euro tour. Which will wear off just in time for the second leg of the US tour.
  • Options
    JT167846JT167846 Posts: 822
    Out of the guys I'm most worried about Mike. Hope he avoids it or gets a mild case. A cousin of mine has Crohn's and I was very worried when he got it but thankfully he got through it ok. Covid and autoimmune diseases are always a combo to make you nervous. 
    Stars are suns to other people.

Wellington 1998
    London 2007
    Brisbane 2009
    Stockholm 2012
    Amsterdam 1 & 2 2014
    EV Dublin 2017
    Milan 2018
    Padova 2018
    Boston 2 2018