Options

COVID and band members

Comments

• Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,882
    mace1229 said:
    When I got Covid my employer counted the day I tested or first day of symptoms as day 0. If that’s the case and if he didn’t test until yesterday, then that would be the 19th he’d return. But who knows, it’s all guess work.
    EV said they’ve been scrambling for 24 hours, so sounded like they found out Wednesday. 
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,777
    mace1229 said:
    When I got Covid my employer counted the day I tested or first day of symptoms as day 0. If that’s the case and if he didn’t test until yesterday, then that would be the 19th he’d return. But who knows, it’s all guess work.
    I forgot about day zero. If he tested the day after PHX then Fresno is in play if he is able to. Sacramento looks to be safe. Again all depending on his health. I know he has definitely played sick before in his career but this is different all together for obvious reasons. 
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,015
    don't forget he also has to be up to the task. hopefully he feels better quick. 
    Yeah. Need to be fever free and all that for 24 hours too.
    I can’t see them rescheduling the last 2 or 3 shows that have been postponed 2 years. It might not be with Matt, but short of someone else getting it, they’ll happen.
    I learned from listening to the Jeff interview yesterday on PJ radio than Josh K was a drummmer first. With a couple extra days of notice it might be just him.
  • Options
    Would be cool if they did an entirely acoustic set. 
    Dallas 98
    Dallas 2000
    Kansas City 2000
    St. Louis 2000
    Memphis 2000
    OKC 2003
    Dallas 2003
    Kansas City 2003
    Little Rock 2003
    Cincinnati 2006
    Vegas 2006
    EV Los Angeles 2008 x 2
    VH1 Rock Honors the Who 2008 
    Berlin 2009
    Los Angeles 2009 x 4
    The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien 2009
    Los Angeles 2013 x 2
    Tulsa 2014
    EV Ohana 2016
    Ohana 2021 x 4
    Los Angeles 2022 x 2
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,015
    Anyone know how to get a hold of Dave A? Let him know to show up the next few shows and maybe he can get pulled from the audience!
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,510
    edited May 2022
    Would be cool if they did an entirely acoustic set. 
    I have tickets for St Louis in September, which will be the third night of 3 straight nights of shows. I am wondering how Ed's voice will be after the two previous nights. An acoustic set at St Louis that would be easier on his voice might be pretty cool too. 
    Post edited by JeBurkhardt on
  • Options
    Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034
    edited May 2022
    mace1229 said:
    Flying in for Sac in a few days. I’ve got pit tickets too.  If Matt isn’t better by then, this would be such an amazing opportunity for me.
    just to have Ed tell me “why the f**** did you say you can play drums, you look like an idiot” before kicking me off stage and ending the encore short would be a night to remember forever.
    Just tell them you only know the super rare songs.
    ”I only know Dirty Frank” is a good start 

everyone is happy and you are everyone’s hero 
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,922
    don't forget he also has to be up to the task. hopefully he feels better quick. 

This exactly.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    withflyingcolorswithflyingcolors CO Posts: 468
    Shit I don’t even have a kid and that had me wiping my eyes. What an incredible experience for him. Best band  <3
  • Options
    DEGBTIDEGBTI san diego Posts: 919
    DEGBTI said:
    seriously? getting old

How about now?
    haha, you got me!  but hey, there's your answer! haha
  • Options
    DEGBTIDEGBTI san diego Posts: 919
    DEGBTI said:
    seriously? getting old
    BWAHAHAHA
    I'll take my lumps! haha.  The video with the daughter was very emotional, in a good way!
  • Options
    strilostrilo Portland OR Posts: 483
    I also teared up at that video. Does anyone have the story on who Josh A is and how this happened? What an amazing experience!
    PORTLAND - 18 JUL 98 // TAMPA - 12 AUG 00 // PORTLAND - 02 NOV 00 // SEATTLE - 05 NOV 00 // SEATTLE - 09 DEC 02
    BERN, SWITZERLAND - 13 SEP 06 // PORTLAND - 26 SEP 09 // CHICAGO - 19 JUL 13 // PORTLAND - 29 NOV 13
    CHICAGO - 20 AUG 16 // CHICAGO - 22 AUG 16 // PHOENIX - 09 MAY 22 // CHICAGO - 05 SEP 23 // CHICAGO - 07 SEP 23
  • Options
    T-Bone 82T-Bone 82 Posts: 398
    That YL video was amazing. Loved the hug at the end! Inspiring.

I've been debating skipping this tour since I was not on top of the ticket process and I got COVID back at Sea.Hear.Now, so a little bit of PTSD about crowded events (and my wife is immune compromised and my Dad has cancer). But after seeing that, I think I need to get in on an East Coast date or two, even if that means paying an exorbitant ticket price.

Plus, I'm currently experiencing Round 2 of COVID and it's super-minor thus far (knock on wood). Nothing like what I experienced back in Sept / early Oct last year when I was really laid-up for 8 days and had 21 total days of symptoms.

Three shots, two bouts of COVID, what else can I do? If I'm not protected by now, I guess I never will be! 
    "Darkness comes in waves, tell me, why invite it to stay?"
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,438
    So was it still a Pearl Jam show? 
    Underrated comment right here. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    mtrovato328mtrovato328 Posts: 18
    T-Bone 82 said:

I've been debating skipping this tour since I was not on top of the ticket process and I got COVID back at Sea.Hear.Now, so a little bit of PTSD about crowded events (and my wife is immune compromised and my Dad has cancer). But after seeing that, I think I need to get in on an East Coast date or two, even if that means paying an exorbitant ticket price.

Plus, I'm currently experiencing Round 2 of COVID and it's super-minor thus far (knock on wood). Nothing like what I experienced back in Sept / early Oct last year when I was really laid-up for 8 days and had 21 total days of symptoms.

Three shots, two bouts of COVID, what else can I do? If I'm not protected by now, I guess I never will be! 
    I got it at Ohana Encore and was shaken by crowds for a bit. Just had it a few weeks ago and was completely asymptomatic. Made me feel better about doing SD>LA2
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,543
    So was it still a Pearl Jam show? 
    Only if it was a PJ show during the songs Cameron played live that were pre-Binaural.  
  • Options
    T-Bone 82T-Bone 82 Posts: 398
    T-Bone 82 said:

I got it at Ohana Encore and was shaken by crowds for a bit. Just had it a few weeks ago and was completely asymptomatic. Made me feel better about doing SD>LA2
    Glad to hear you were asymptomatic! 

I did two high-risk things in 2+ years:  Sea.Hear.Now. and Las Vegas trip two weeks ago (for work conference). Got COVID both times! 

If I get it a third time and it's like this, I won't care.
    "Darkness comes in waves, tell me, why invite it to stay?"
  • Options
    heartofadogheartofadog Portland, OR Posts: 352
    We’ll looks like there’s a gig tonight so I guess all the other guys are testing negative so far.
    1993: Portland, OR (09/06), Seattle, WA (12/07), Seattle, WA (12/08), Seattle, WA (12/09)
    1995: Seattle, WA (02/05)
    1996: Seattle, WA (09/16)
    1997:
    Oakland, CA (11/19)
    1998:
    Portland, OR (07/18), Seattle, WA (07/21), Seattle, WA (07/22)
    2000: Bellingham, WA (05/10), Vancouver, BC (05/11), Mountain View, CA (10/31), Portland, OR (11/02), Seattle, WA (11/05), Seattle, WA (11/06)
    2002: Seattle, WA (12/05), Seattle, WA (12/06), Seattle, WA (12/08), Seattle, WA (12/09)
    2003: Vancouver, BC (5/30), Seattle, WA (10/22), 
    2006: Portland, OR (07/20)
    2009: Berlin, DE (08/15), Seattle, WA (9/21), Seattle, WA (9/22)
    2010: Berlin, DE (06/30)
    2013: Los Angeles, CA (11/23), Los Angeles, CA (11/24), Portland, OR (11/29), Spokane, WA (11/30)
    2018: Seattle, WA (08/10)
    2022: Seattle, WA (2/22), New York, NY (9/10), New York, NY (9/11), Camden, NJ (9/14), Denver, CO (9/22)
    2023: St. Paul, MN (8/31), St. Paul, MN (9/02)
  • Options
    lastexit78lastexit78 Posts: 615
    T-Bone 82 said:
    T-Bone 82 said:

Glad to hear you were asymptomatic! 

I did two high-risk things in 2+ years:  Sea.Hear.Now. and Las Vegas trip two weeks ago (for work conference). Got COVID both times! 

If I get it a third time and it's like this, I won't care.
    This is the only way out, mass exposure to all humans multiple times. I’m dealing with my 1st bout right now, couple of rough days but I’m feeling good today, hoping to test negative by Monday so I can still hit Sacramento after missing the Oakland shows. Omicron a lot less severe than Delta so I’m glad I made it this far. Being vaccinated and infected is the most robust protection. Hopefully in a few years Covid is just another common cold. 
    06/22/95, 11/04/95, 11/15/97, 07/16/98, 10/30/99, 10/30/00, 10/31/00, 10/20/01, 10/21/01, 12/08/02, 06/01/03, 06/06/03, 10/25/03, 10/26/03, 09/28/04, 03/18/05, 09/01/05, 07/15/06, 07/16/06, 07/18/06, 07/22/06, 07/23/06, 10/21/06, 10/22/06, 08/28/09, 09/21/09, 09/22/09, 05/20/10, 05/21/10, 10/24/10, 11/26/13, 12/06/13, 06/28/14, 10/26/14, 07/10/18, 08/10/18, 10/02/21, 
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,233
    mace1229 said:
    Flying in for Sac in a few days. I’ve got pit tickets too.  If Matt isn’t better by then, this would be such an amazing opportunity for me.
    just to have Ed tell me “why the f**** did you say you can play drums, you look like an idiot” before kicking me off stage and ending the encore short would be a night to remember forever.

Except for the guy who started the "play the hits" thread.  :D
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    mace1229 said:

Does anyone know where the play the hits guy has been the last few days?   Not one to start rumors or conspiracy theories but too much of a coincidence to post that thread and then circumstances dictate the band having to play the hits.
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    mace1229 said:

Does anyone know where the play the hits guy has been the last few days?   Not one to start rumors or conspiracy theories but too much of a coincidence to post that thread and then circumstances dictate the band having to play the hits.
    Matts burner account confirmed?
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,417
    strilo said:
    I also teared up at that video. Does anyone have the story on who Josh A is and how this happened? What an amazing experience!
    Matt has covid
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,233
    Poncier said:
    mace1229 said:

He was last seen delivering room service (and a vial of something) to Matt's hotel room the morning after the AZ show, not been seen since.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    strilo said:
    Matt has covid
    I saw someone on social media say Jeff A picked him out of the crowd since he had a shirt with all of the PJ drummers names on it and he could actually play. 
  • Options
    Poncier said:
    Poncier said:
    mace1229 said:

He was last seen delivering room service (and a vial of something) to Matt's hotel room the morning after the AZ show, not been seen since.
    Probably upset that Leaving Here was played.
  • Options
    Man.of.Golden.WordsMan.of.Golden.Words Toronto, ON Posts: 131
    PJNB said:
    Poncier said:
    mace1229 said:

Matts burner account confirmed?
    Hahahaha this made me crack up
    Toronto 2003, Hamilton 2005, Toronto 2005, Toronto 1&2 2006, Toronto 2009, Cleveland 2010, Buffalo 2010, Toronto 1&2 2011, Hamilton 2011, Buffalo 2013, Detroit 2014, Moline 2014, St. Paul 2014, Milwaukee 2014, New York City 2015, New York City 1&2 2016, Quebec City 2016, Ottawa 2016, Toronto 1&2 2016, Prague 2018, Krakow 2018, Berlin 2018, Barcelona 2018, Madrid 2018, Chicago 1&2 2018, Los Angeles 1&2 2022, Quebec City 2022, Ottawa 2022, Hamilton 2022, Toronto 2022
  • Options
    jenjen5769jenjen5769 Posts: 108
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=px1JbfCvffE
    Josh A nailed it but better than that was him and his daughter hugging at the end.
    Just as good; Josh's decision making in what shirt to wear LOL
    Wow. Chills and tears. What an incredible moment. If Josh A is on this board, would love to get a recap! 
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,417
    PJNB said:
    igotid88 said:
    strilo said:
    Matt has covid
    I saw someone on social media say Jeff A picked him out of the crowd since he had a shirt with all of the PJ drummers names on it and he could actually play. 
    Eddie asked the audience if anyone knew how to play. He brought up The Who when Keith passed out. Then the cameras pointed to the guy in the crowd
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    JedJed New York City Posts: 1,138
    igotid88 said:
    PJNB said:
    igotid88 said:
    strilo said:
    Matt has covid
    Eddie asked the audience if anyone knew how to play. He brought up The Who when Keith passed out. Then the cameras pointed to the guy in the crowd
    If you want to see how Josh A ended up playing Y. Ledbetter with the band... here is a video of what happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rF9W-rIyAu0