Comments

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,016
    JimmyV said:
    mpedone said:
    JimmyV said:
    igotid88 said:
    edocon said:
    You think they can replace Mike or Matt on short notice, huh? 
    Josh could probably step in for Mike
    No, he could not. 100% no.

There is no Pearl Jam without Mike McCready's guitar. 
    Pretty sure "Earthling" proved this. I love the album, but it's not Pearl Jam.
    Pretty sure "Earthling" proved that a concert can be had and played through without Mike McCready. 98% of the crowd wouldn't know the difference when exiting. 

If they had to go through with a show. 

Matt Camerons drumtech could step in. Like Peter Criss drumtech did for Criss in 97:

https://youtu.be/JWUP3qHSgnQ

But I can not see them doing anything but cancel.
    The Earthling tour that many of us skipped, that had $25 tickets in Chicago and 100 giveaways in Los Angeles? I don't think Earthling proved what you think it proved. 
    I am certain it proved exactly what I meant. 

What has $25 tickets in Chicago for another band, to do with someone stepping in for a show last minute because a member got sick?

Or maybe I have missed them putting down the price to 25 bucks because the band didn't have guitarists who could make it through a full set.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,941
    edited May 2022
    I think the secondary market had seats as low as $25 on show day and people concluded its because its not a PJ show (which is true because a PJ show would likely have heavier demand - but I also think a confluence of factors led to lower demand for the Earthlings tour). But I also think it doesn't go the other way, If a member had to skip a leg for whatever reason, PJ shows will still be well attended.

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,921
    JimmyV said:
    mpedone said:
    JimmyV said:
    igotid88 said:
    edocon said:

Pretty sure "Earthling" proved that a concert can be had and played through without Mike McCready. 98% of the crowd wouldn't know the difference when exiting. 

Matt Camerons drumtech could step in. Like Peter Criss drumtech did for Criss in 97:

The Earthling tour that many of us skipped, that had $25 tickets in Chicago and 100 giveaways in Los Angeles? I don't think Earthling proved what you think it proved. 

What has $25 tickets in Chicago for another band, to do with someone stepping in for a show last minute because a member got sick?

Or maybe I have missed them putting down the price to 25 bucks because the band didn't have guitarists who could make it through a full set.
    You said, "Pretty sure "Earthling" proved that a concert can be had and played through without Mike McCready. 98% of the crowd wouldn't know the difference when exiting."

Tickets fell to $25 and were given away for free because there weren't enough people willing to pay to attend Eddie and the Earthlings. Sure, COVID was a factor, too, but far from the only one. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,941
    But it was a very major one. 

• Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,214
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    mpedone said:
    JimmyV said:
    igotid88 said:
    edocon said:

You said, "Pretty sure "Earthling" proved that a concert can be had and played through without Mike McCready. 98% of the crowd wouldn't know the difference when exiting."

Tickets fell to $25 and were given away for free because there weren't enough people willing to pay to attend Eddie and the Earthlings. Sure, COVID was a factor, too, but far from the only one. 
    It was also on a weeknight in the middle of winter.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    mpedone said:
    JimmyV said:
    igotid88 said:
    edocon said:

In a tiny venue in one of America's largest cities. And the weather can't be blamed for what happened in LA. 

The point is that Ed with his sideband isn't the draw Ed with his main band is. A few shows here and there with a replacement guitarist are fine, but many of us won't be sticking around for a Chinese Democracy era of this band. 

• Options
    Cropduster-80Cropduster-80 Posts: 2,034
    edited May 2022
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    mpedone said:
    JimmyV said:
    igotid88 said:
    edocon said:

In a tiny venue in one of America's largest cities. And the weather can't be blamed for what happened in LA. 

The point is that Ed with his sideband isn't the draw Ed with his main band is. A few shows here and there with a replacement guitarist are fine, but many of us won't be sticking around for a Chinese Democracy era of this band. 
    Big city may have been a problem. 

Same sized venue in Missoula for example sells out in two seconds.  Not sure what that says except the major markets are spoiled. Any 2nd tier city would fill those seats and be happy to have the chance to go

Maybe that can’t compete will all the stuff going on in LA so just don’t go there 
    Post edited by Cropduster-80 on
  • Options
    PJammer4lifePJammer4life Los Angeles Posts: 2,592
    If Stone fell Ill they could just go through Eddie written songs and have Josh do the second guitar parts. 
    *****Stone is badass and missing him for a show would be a great loss for the fans****
    but….they could pivot to Ed driven songs

Sometimes
    Can’t Keep
    Unthought Known
    Elderly Woman
    I Am Mine
    Rearviewmirror
    Porch
    immortality
    Corduroy
    Not For You
    Gone
    Betterman
    Lukin
    Habit
    Wishlist
    Off He Goes
    Just Breathe
    Love Boat Captain
    I Got Shit
    Insignificance
    Grievance
    Yellow Ledbedder(Mike’s baby)

Bridge Benefit 1994, San Francisco 1995, San Diego 1995 1 & 2, Missoula 1998, Los Angeles 2000, San Diego 2000, Eddie Vedder/Beck 2/26/2002, Santa Barbara 2003, Irvine 2003, San Diego 2003, Vancouver 2005, Gorge 2005, San Diego 2006, Los Angeles 2006 1 & 2, Santa Barbara 2006, Eddie Vedder 4/10/08, Eddie Vedder 4/12/08, Eddie Vedder 4/15/08, 7/12/2008, SF 8/28/09, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/1/09, LA 10/06/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09, Eddie Vedder 7/6/2011, Eddie Vedder 7/8/2011, PJ20 9/3/2011, PJ20 9/4/2011, Vancouver 9/25/2011, San Diego 11/21/13, LA 11/24/13, Ohana 9/25/21, Ohana 9/26/21, Ohana 10/1/21, EV 2/17/22, LA Forum 5/6/22, LA Forum 5/7/22, EV 10/1/22, EV 9/30/23
  • Options
    Hawk123Hawk123 Posts: 2,002
    Maybe we have an answer to this question 
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,403
    Josh in for Matt
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Matt has covid
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    opsopcopolisopsopcopolis Posts: 1,091
    edited May 2022
    igotid88 said:
    Matt has covid
    That actually confirmed or speculation?

edit: nevermind, just saw the tweet
    Post edited by opsopcopolis on
    2006: Hartford
    2008: Camden 2, Hartford
    2010: Hartford
    2013: Wrigley, Worcester x2, Hartford
    2015: NYC
    2016: Philly 2, MSG x2, Boston 2, (TOTD Philly 2, MSG)
    2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Boston x2
    2022: San Diego, Sacramento, Las Vegas
  • Options
    Richard Stuverud now drumming
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    mca47mca47 Posts: 13,254
    I just had a positive test for the Vid.  99.99% sure I got it from the AZ show.
  • Options
    Eddie asked the audience if anyone know how to drum. They're testing someone to possibly play in the encore
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,723
    Will shows still go on if a band member has Covid? Obviously if it is Eddie they can’t but what about someone like Matt or mike, etc? 
    You jinxed it, man. 
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • Options
    aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,118
    igotid88 said:
    Eddie asked the audience if anyone know how to drum. They're testing someone to possibly play in the encore
    He's seen a few Foo shows. :)
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    Those are most likely planned though
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,369
    mca47 said:
    I just had a positive test for the Vid.  99.99% sure I got it from the AZ show.
    I was in AZ GA and tested negative today
  • Options
    Little ItalyLittle Italy Rochester, NY Posts: 404
    edited May 2022
    PP193448 said:
    i think mike had covid so hopefully he's clear for a few months with immunity
    Dave, don’t get all scientific with natural immunity talk… he might need like a booster shot before each show??? 🤪
    Well it not letting me post it but, Fauci laugh gif for this comment 😆😎
    Post edited by Little Italy on
    "he who forgets-will be destined to remember"
  • Options
    KL159781KL159781 Posts: 118
    igotid88 said:
    More likely in Eddie’s case he is remembering The Who show in the Bay Area in 1973 when Keith Moon passed out on stage and they brought a fan on stage to finish the show.

https://groovyhistory.com/who-keith-moon-drummer-scot-halpin#:~:text=According to rock and roll legend, on November,some even claim that Moon’s%20drink%20was%20spiked.

• Options
    KL159781 said:
    igotid88 said:
    More likely in Eddie’s case he is remembering The Who show in the Bay Area in 1973 when Keith Moon passed out on stage and they brought a fan on stage to finish the show.

https://groovyhistory.com/who-keith-moon-drummer-scot-halpin#:~:text=According to rock and roll legend, on November,some even claim that Moon’s%20drink%20was%20spiked.

Yea he mentioned that before he asked the crowd
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    wbutler29wbutler29 Posts: 912
    Calling Jack Irons
  • Options
    Looks like we did get an answer to this! Get well, Matt. 

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,754
    Get well Matt and hopefully he is the only one that gets it. 
  • Options
    NEweatherNEweather Posts: 450
    igotid88 said:
            this was a cool thing to witness
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,509
    PJNB said:
    For sure. Hopefully they can continue the rest of the tour leg without canceling any shows. Specifically Vegas. 
  • Options
    Habit4meHabit4me Posts: 154
    edocon said:
    This aged well 
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,754
    PJNB said:
    For sure. Hopefully they can continue the rest of the tour leg without canceling any shows. Specifically Vegas. 
    All the shows man!
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,509
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    All the shows man!
    True.