Options

The Official 2023 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• Options
    For what it’s worth. Still hear rumblings of a small fall tour with two nights penciled in for Chicago. ACL might be in the mix. 
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    Option 3 

Doing a 2018 style tour in reverse starting east to west ending at Ohana. 

👀

PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    treestrees Columbus OHIO Posts: 1,813
    hihobibo said:
    Anyone in the Toronto area checking out the PJ cover band in Oshawa on Saturday? 
      :| Rumor thread has now turned into info on dates of cover bands.  
    TEN Band…tomorrow in Columbus!
    Iam on Columbus OH 

PJ Cuyahoga Flalls OH 8/26/1998
    PJ Noblesviile IN 8/18/2000
    PJ Cincinnatti OH 8/20/2000
    PJ Columbus OH 8/21/2000
    PJ Columbus OH 6/24/2003
    PJ Hamilton Ontario 9/13/2005
    PJ Phiadelphia PA 10/3/2005
    PJ Cleveland OH 5/20/2006
    PJ Columbia SC 6/16/2008.....
    e.V Chicago IL 8/21/2008
    e.V Philly PA 6/11/2009
    e.V Bailtimore MD 6/14/2009...
    PJ Chicago IL 8/23/2009
    .PJ...Philly PA 10/27/2009 PJ.Philadephia PA 10/28/2009.
    PJ Columbus OH 5/6/2010
    PJ Cleveland OH 5/9/2010.
    BRAD Columbus OH 10/5/2010
    e.V St.Louis MO 7/1/2011
    .PJ.. East Troy WI 9/3/2011..PJ..East Troy WI 9/4/2011
    Neil Young & Crazy Horse Cleveland OH 10/8/2012
    RNDM Chicago IL11/13/2012
    Alice In Chains/SoundGarden Columbus OH 5/19/2013
    AIC Fort Wayne IN 5/21/2013
    PJ Pittsburgh PA 10/11/2013
    AIC Cincinnati OH 5/17/2014
    AIC Cleveland OH 5/19/2014
    AIC Indianapolis IN 8/19/2014
    PJ Cincinnati OH 10/1/2014
    AIC Cincinnati OH 8/06/2015
    RNDM Chicago IL 3/15/2016
    PJ Columbia SC 4\21\2016
    PJ Lexington KY 4/26/2016
    PJ Chicago IL 8/20/2016
    Soundgarden Columbus OH 5/20/2017 Canceled RIP Chris
    AIC Columbus OH 5/18/2018 
    PJ Chicago IL 8/18/2018 PJ Chicago IL 8/20/2018
    PJ St Louis Missouri 9/18/2022
    AIC Cuyohoga falls Oh. 8/16/2019
    SHAWNSMITH Rip 2019Mark Lanegan Band 5/18/19
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,836
    a5pj said:
    hihobibo said:
    Anyone in the Toronto area checking out the PJ cover band in Oshawa on Saturday? 
    Saturday in Northwest Indiana. I've never seen a PJ cover band and can't believe I am about to. I don't feel great about it. 🤣
    Have fun, sing along, hang with other fans, oh and have fun
    I succumbed to the pressure and got tix. But I'm just imagining an evening with a room full of Evenbros going out to relive their teenage angst. A room full of @mcgruff10
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    HaijayHaijay Posts: 330
    devonfz said:
    Not their whole success. Obviously the first few album sold millions of copies but they’ve made most of their money the last 20 years from touring and the Fanbase, that travels to lots of shows is a big reason why not the only reason but one of the main reasons and I would argue that at least 60 to 70% of most crowds are traveling fans and hard-core
    This is very interesting. I would love to know some hard numbers on this issue. I would give MAYBE 15-20% of an arena would be people that have travelled more than, say, 250 miles. I mean, out of a 20,000 attendance, that would be 4000 people from out of town. That is a large number, where are they all staying? So you would say that the St Louis show was around 14,000 out of towners? There is just no way. I think all the years of media calling them the “new” dead has clouded some objectivity here. Pearl Jam, believe it or not, is a huge band. I know a lot of people, somehow, struggle with that. I don’t think they have anymore travellers than any other big band that has longevity behind them. Maybe im wrong, who knows. NONE of us, obviously🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    devonfzdevonfz Posts: 146
    Maybe not 50 to 60% that might be a little high but I don’t just mean traveling fans I mean hard-core fans and every hard-core fan‘s gonna go to every show that’s close to them I just mean 50% of the arena is either traveling or repeat customers
  • Options
    They should do a tour so that someone can confirm the percent that have travelled.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,320
    I hope folks are planning their summer vacations with family and not holding out for tour news! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    I hope folks are planning their summer vacations with family and not holding out for tour news! 
    Yessir! @Weston1283 gave me that advice about 25 pages back in this thread. Glad I took it!!! SW Colorado here I come!

The thing is, I know the band is limited in how many performances they have left. And that's okay. But there are a good chunk of us that travel to see them. My travel destinations otherwise will remain long after the band is done touring. So, I'd much rather travel based on where the band is touring. And they know this is the case for a good bit of their fan base. So, if they aren't going to hit the road for big blocks of time, why not simply tell us? A simple "we hope to hit the road next fall" or "I don't see us touring until the summer at the earliest" or "we haven't even begun the stages of planning a tour". I know there will always be the "they don't owe us anything" crowd, and that's fine. But I cannot be dissuaded that they should at least tell us this info. They know it, so why not let us know as a common courtesy?
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,320
    Yessir! @Weston1283 gave me that advice about 25 pages back in this thread. Glad I took it!!! SW Colorado here I come!

The thing is, I know the band is limited in how many performances they have left. And that's okay. But there are a good chunk of us that travel to see them. My travel destinations otherwise will remain long after the band is done touring. So, I'd much rather travel based on where the band is touring. And they know this is the case for a good bit of their fan base. So, if they aren't going to hit the road for big blocks of time, why not simply tell us? A simple "we hope to hit the road next fall" or "I don't see us touring until the summer at the earliest" or "we haven't even begun the stages of planning a tour". I know there will always be the "they don't owe us anything" crowd, and that's fine. But I cannot be dissuaded that they should at least tell us this info. They know it, so why not let us know as a common courtesy?
    No doubt 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,353

I don’t agree with it, but keeping those tenclub memberships up is probably a factor
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,941
    As they get older and so do we, I like the idea of something like this more and more. 

https://ultimateclassicrock.com/u2-las-vegas-residency-tease/

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,098

Because if they give a heads up and things unravel people will complain about that. (There's still angst over "forthcoming album" and that doesn't require blocking your calendar or making travel plans.)

When there's something to tell us, they tell us. I'm content to carry on with my life until that point.
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,634

I just finalized a trip to Alaska in late May / early June with my family.  I'll be on the lookout for more PJ shows after or around Labor Day.

And as you said, a year off for PJ 10 years ago is NOT the same as taking a year off now.  They have already slowed down, many of the songs in 2022 were dropped 1 or even 2 keys.  They only have 5-7 GOOD years left in my opinion where traveling to multiple shows will be enticing.  Does anyone really want to see a 68 year old Eddie try to sing Blood, Spin the Black Circle and Animal more than once a year?  Taking so much time off in 2023 after having 2019-2021 completely off besides Ohana really stings.
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options

I don’t agree with it, but keeping those tenclub memberships up is probably a factor
    I'm sure there is definitely truth to this.
  • Options
    pjl44 said:

Because if they give a heads up and things unravel people will complain about that. (There's still angst over "forthcoming album" and that doesn't require blocking your calendar or making travel plans.)

When there's something to tell us, they tell us. I'm content to carry on with my life until that point.
    Hey, I get it. I'm with you. There is angst either way. Why not at least try to give a common courtesy if you're able to do so? "Sure things COULD change, but as of now, we do not have any plans to begin touring before the end of summer."

I was getting to that same point (as advised by someone else). I planned a trip in June. It is what it is. I would rather go somewhere to see them while I still can, but I'm gambling on the information (lack thereof) I have at this point and moving forward with my own thing. If they announce a tour in June, I'll be disappointed but the show will still sell out. In the meantime, I will go see the TEN band tonight.  =)
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,258
    JimmyV said:
    As they get older and so do we, I like the idea of something like this more and more. 

I'm hoping to make my return to Vegas after a long hiatus for this.
    We'll see.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,922
    a5pj said:
    hihobibo said:
    Saturday in Northwest Indiana. I've never seen a PJ cover band and can't believe I am about to. I don't feel great about it. 🤣
    Have fun, sing along, hang with other fans, oh and have fun
    I succumbed to the pressure and got tix. But I'm just imagining an evening with a room full of Evenbros going out to relive their teenage angst. A room full of @mcgruff10
    Ha ha.  Remember recovery time isn’t what it used to be.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    As a diehard PJ fan, but also a diehard Metallica fan, I find the comments really interesting. Only 2 clubs I'm in. Can't help but compare them.
    Metallica are older and have done a lot more shows than PJ in total.  They both leave it all out there on the stage.  Tough on the bodies.  Metallica has a new album and have a tour set for 2023-2024. One of the greatest features is the "I Disappear" pit ticket. Club only. Pay 1 price and get to go to all of the EU or NA shows for 23 or 24 (or buy yrs). The Global ticket gets you all  EU/ NA shows for either 23 or 24 (can buy both yrs). It's a bargain if going to more than one show as 2 pit tix cost less than one pass. Loads of fans travel. PJ fans travel. Would be great if PJ offered this next tour. 
       PJ could tour for years to come if they plan for it. Metallica's new schedule is 2 huge arena or stadium shows (Friday and Sunday) per city. A few cities, then a break, more, then break. Gives them week in between to recover and travel. Big breaks between EU & NA tour parts. PJ could do similar. Throw in a small Club only show once in awhile to keep base happy. Would prefer huge stadium shows to no more shows, or very few shows. Wouldn't you?  
    I'm hoping for a tour announcement sooner than later. Metallica is awful with their announcements. Told us Black Friday 22 about album and tour. That tix for ALL of tour, all shows 23 & 24, would go on sale that Wed for fan club.  So less than 48 hours notice, holidays and had to figure out 2 yrs in advance. 🤯 

• Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,598

With the ticketing how it is now I’m not sure it’s worth hanging onto just for tickets. I did 2 last minute shows last year and was able to get great seats in Oakland and Nashville a few days before the shows. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    camhendycamhendy Posts: 158
    ComeToTX said:

With the ticketing how it is now I’m not sure it’s worth hanging onto just for tickets. I did 2 last minute shows last year and was able to get great seats in Oakland and Nashville a few days before the shows. 
    Yeah it's tough. Almost $100 Canadian for my wife and I and it's sole purpose for us is 2 shots at GA. To your point though I scored GA for the Hammer in the fall on fan to fan so.. 
    2013: London
    2016: Ottawa
    2018: Wrigley 1 & 2
    2022: Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023: Innings Fest (EV), Ft Worth 1 & 2, Austin 1 & 2

• Options
    aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,149
    JimmyV said:

Theoretically, it seems like a good idea. However, it probably wouldn't be ideal for the hardcore fan base. Right now, they know that we travel and follow them around to multiple shows. So they mix up the setlists. But if they were to remain in one spot, they'd probably follow a more consistent setlist, figuring they've got a completely different crowd every night.
  • Options
    Well I saw a cover band last night, “Pearl Jamming”.  Decent enough, but we need the real thing.

• Options

• Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,680
    Wardrobe on point except for the dad hat on “Jeff”. 
  • Options
    radarradar Posts: 770
    Jimminez said:
    Jeff was in LA for LeBron's record breaking game the other night. They might be in recording mode right now. 🤞🙏
    Jeff was also in LA Jan 4th. Was vacationing with family and bumped into him at Grand Central Market. Always thought I’d be able to play it cool if ever such a situation happened but defaulted to a fanboi immediately. So perhaps they are indeed recording if he’s been in LA lately. 
    Studio is an option but not necessarily with THAT band ? Saw some posts of Richard Stuverud about some recording with Jeff 
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,941
    JimmyV said:

Theoretically, it seems like a good idea. However, it probably wouldn't be ideal for the hardcore fan base. Right now, they know that we travel and follow them around to multiple shows. So they mix up the setlists. But if they were to remain in one spot, they'd probably follow a more consistent setlist, figuring they've got a completely different crowd every night.
    Mike gave an interview a few years ago where he said something along the lines of if 'it were up to him they would set up a residency somewhere and go through the albums one by one.' That's just one idea. There are so many ways to shake up a setlist. I personally wouldn't worry about that if this were to ever happen, which does remain unlikely. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    RiotAct10RiotAct10 Ohio Posts: 1,613
    Does anyone else find it interesting that Pearl Jam is auctioning off a poster for Turkey/Syria relief that is signed by all 5 guys? What I am saying is, did they just happen to have this laying around pre-signed, or were all 5 guys in the same room either together or apart at some point in the last week?
    words seem so out of place.

8.21.00 Columbus | 6.24.03 Columbus | 7.9.03 NYC | 10.2.04 Toledo | 9.11.05 Kitchener | 5.20.06 Cleveland | 8.5.07 Chicago | 5.6.10 Columbus | 5.7.10 Noblesville | 5.9.10 Cleveland | 9.3.11 East Troy | 9.4.11 East Troy | 7.19.13 Chicago | 10.11.13 Pittsburgh | 10.1.14 Cincinnati | 4.8.16 Ft. Lauderdale | 4.9.16 Miami | 8.8.18 Seattle | 8.10.18 Seattle | 9.26.21 Dana Point | 10.1.21 Dana Point | 10.2.21 Dana Point | 9.16.22 Nashville | 9.17.22 Louisville | 9.18.22 St. Louis | 9.2.23 St. Paul | 9.15.23 Ft. Worth
    6.26.11 Detroit (EdVed) | 9.23.17 Louisville (EdVed) | 9.25.21 Dana Point (EdVed) | 10.01.22 Dana Point (EdVed) | 2.6.22 Newark (EdVed)
  • Options
    Interesting point/observation. I can see something current pre-signed, but 1996?
    Bodes well if they're all together, regardless what they're working on.
  • Options
    jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,274
    Maybe they will get the notion a fundraising gig would raise a ton of money if they are all together to sign it