Options

The Official 2023 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,247
    edited February 2023
    Poncier said:
    JimmyV said:
    Levitate Festival lineup drops tomorrow.  Maybe Ed solo?  :)
    No Ed, but not bad. 

Getting bigger acts every year.
    I live in Marshfield. Cool having a festival right in the backyard.

Sunny Day Real Estate is playing in fuggin' Quincy this summer... when did Quincy get a music festival????? 
    Yeah I hear Adam XII on 92.9 touting that one constantly. 
    Festivals everywhere.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    devonfzdevonfz Posts: 145
    I thought you were talking about Quincy, California if you’re into hippies, drugs and jam bands 
     High sierra music festival it is for you. I just checked it out. It looks like Jason. Isabell’s playing this year i
  • Options
    EF11 said:
    Poncier said:
    JimmyV said:
    Levitate Festival lineup drops tomorrow.  Maybe Ed solo?  :)
    No Ed, but not bad. 

Getting bigger acts every year.
    I live in Marshfield. Cool having a festival right in the backyard.

Sunny Day Real Estate is playing in fuggin' Quincy this summer... when did Quincy get a music festival????? 

This is only its second year, and it is still pretty small. Last year Manchester Orchestra was the headliner, and this year I think the headliner is Modest Mouse.
    Wow… I completely missed out on it last year, didn’t even hear about it. I would have gone for Manchester Orchestra. SDRE is the only one that interests me this year, so probably not enough to warrant going.

it’s pretty awesome to see happening though. 
  • Options
    Anyone in the Toronto area checking out the PJ cover band in Oshawa on Saturday? 
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,058
    Anyone in the Toronto area checking out the PJ cover band in Oshawa on Saturday? 
      :| Rumor thread has now turned into info on dates of cover bands.  
  • Options
    hihobibo said:
    Sad but true.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,931
    :anguished:

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    matt84matt84 Posts: 603
    I honestly don’t know why members here expect them to tour this year. Is everyone forgetting they toured last year? I mean, if they do tour this year... great! But I honestly think PJ fans, particularly members of this forum expect far too much from the band compared to what other members of other fan bases expect. You don’t see this kind of stuff to this extent on Bruce, RHCP and Stones forums for example.
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,812
    edited February 2023
    matt84 said:
    I honestly don’t know why members here expect them to tour this year. Is everyone forgetting they toured last year? I mean, if they do tour this year... great! But I honestly think PJ fans, particularly members of this forum expect far too much from the band compared to what other members of other fan bases expect. You don’t see this kind of stuff to this extent on Bruce, RHCP and Stones forums for example.
    The interview that said Matt was not available in the spring due to PJ commitments was the first hint something was happening. We are clinging off of any info right now that gives us some hope at a tour. 
    Post edited by PJNB on
  • Options
    jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,245
    matt84 said:
    At least for me it seems like they have strongly acknowledged through drastic change in their live shows, that they are in fact mortals.  With that acknowledgement one would expect they want to do what they love while they can do it.  I still expect something late summer/fall even if its just a couple of stadium gigs or something local to Seattle for 3 or 4 nights.  OR if the new album comes out summer / early fall then there could be a fall tour Oct/Nov similar to 2013.

• Options
    Jeff was in LA for LeBron's record breaking game the other night. They might be in recording mode right now. 🤞🙏
    Dallas 98
    Dallas 2000
    Kansas City 2000
    St. Louis 2000
    Memphis 2000
    OKC 2003
    Dallas 2003
    Kansas City 2003
    Little Rock 2003
    Cincinnati 2006
    Vegas 2006
    EV Los Angeles 2008 x 2
    VH1 Rock Honors the Who 2008 
    Berlin 2009
    Los Angeles 2009 x 4
    The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien 2009
    Los Angeles 2013 x 2
    Tulsa 2014
    EV Ohana 2016
    Ohana 2021 x 4
    Los Angeles 2022 x 2
  • Options
    raindog80raindog80 Reggio Emilia, Italy Posts: 1,141
    Jeff was in LA for LeBron's record breaking game the other night. They might be in recording mode right now. 🤞🙏
    Hope so! 
    "I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things" - Tom Waits
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,543
    edited February 2023
    matt84 said:
    Sure, but when those bands tour they often play a lot more shows or don't go on long dry spells where there aren't any. 
    Post edited by iOnlyownMymind on
  • Options
    Is that cover band any good?  Any rumors about them getting down to the States this year? 

I've seen quite a few Pearl Jam shows.
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,504
    That could be, and I hope so.  But seeing as how LeBron was breaking Kareem's record, I think this is probably just Jeff wanting to see that game live, knowing his history with Kareem, etc. 

If Ed went with him, then we would know something was up.  :)

Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,515
    edited February 2023
    matt84 said:
    I don't know, maybe because their reputation over the last 25 years was built around their epic live shows, and 3 tours in 8 years would be out of character for them? 
  • Options
    drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,081
    matt84 said:
    I think the issue is the band tours very little compared to other bands (eg Foo Fighters, the Killers etc all of whom play around 3x the amount of shows in any given tour. Eg here in the U.K. we would get 2 pJ shows vs 6-10 shows for other artists). At the same time Pearl Jam are the best live band on the planet so all of us fans are desperate to see them as often as we can. Gets a bit frustrating when viewed against other bands. However I would sooner see PJ every 3-4 years with varying set lists, unique event merch, really friendly and knowledgeable crowd vs seeing another band every year with the same set list, mainstream crowd etc 
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,632
    Bruce is 15 years older and just started a US Tour larger than PJ has played since 2013…. That’s why

Entire states and markets haven’t been hit in 10-13 years and the band continues to play places like Chicago and Boston for the 3rd or 4th time since many large markets have been played 
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,968
    I'm officially giving up on a spring tour tomorrow unless the newsletter has some sort of hint in it.  Otherwise, I think this fall is definitely happening.  Hopefully it'll includes some markets that havn't been touched in 10+ years. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,931
    Bruce is 15 years older and just started a US Tour larger than PJ has played since 2013…. That’s why

Entire states and markets haven’t been hit in 10-13 years and the band continues to play places like Chicago and Boston for the 3rd or 4th time since many large markets have been played 
    I hear you, but this summer will mark five years since either of those places were played. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,449
    Also.. Bruce hasn’t had a proper tour in 5 years. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,077
    PJNB said:
    Would love for the band to be more willing to give us a heads up to their plans. I mean if a spring tour is coming would it not make sense to let your fans know instead of spending our hard earned dollars elsewhere we get to spend it on these guys? I never understood the touring strategy from these guys usually being one of the last bands to announce plans and also keep it a secret the whole time. 

The 20-30 shows a year is fine with me. And when they do announce something, everyone is going to be crying about $150 tickets. I’d gladly pay that.
    I will take the over on $150 going forward 
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,077
    demetrios said:
    Spring Tour officially dead?
    It seems.

Boooo!

Obviously I have zero inside info, but the lack of rumors plus Josh's schedule seeming to be booked...and it certainly doesn't look promising.
    If we were at the point where a tour hinged on Josh's availability that would be very not great
  • Options
    JG257896JG257896 Posts: 23
    edited February 2023

As much as I love Bruce, the amount of energy he puts out during his shows pales compared to PJ. Still, it's amazing for him to be doing what he's doing at his age. 
    Post edited by JG257896 on
  • Options
    hihobibo said:
    TEN Band…tomorrow in Columbus!
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,139
    edited February 2023
    on2legs said:
    Also.. Bruce hasn’t had a proper tour in 5 years. 
    But...when he tours he hits many markets so fans don't need to jet set and put tons of carbon in the atmosphere.

When PJ tours, its usually after 1 to 2 years of no shows which drives up demand,  tons of large marketscompletely bypassed, not a tremendous amount of shows and many in difficult to get to small markets that require fans to burn lots of fuel.

• Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,516
    hihobibo said:
    I just bought tickets to see Rearview in Southern Indiana in June. I have heard they are pretty good. 
  • Options
    devonfzdevonfz Posts: 145
    I don’t understand why people complain about members discussing a Pearl Jam tour on the Pearl Jam tour rumor thread? What else are we supposed to talk about? And if you’re not going to tour maybe let your Fanbase know that just as a courtesy, because their whole success is primarily due to hard-core fans that travel to show I think we all get it they don’t wanna tour as much but last year’s tour didn’t hit so many markets come on everyone was expecting a little bit more from that so once again, I don’t understand why anyone cares that members talk about it on a Pearl Jam2023 tour thread
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,547
    JG257896 said:

As much as I love Bruce, the amount of energy he puts out during his shows pales compared to PJ. Still, it's amazing for him to be doing what he's doing at his age. 
    Crazy.   Springsteen brings it every show.  So much energy.  And they played 28 songs the other night.  PJ has 1.2 feet in retirement.
  • Options
    darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,797
    hihobibo said:
    Saturday in Northwest Indiana. I've never seen a PJ cover band and can't believe I am about to. I don't feel great about it. 🤣
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory