Options

The Official 2023 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• Options
    When Noveselic dropped a tasty little
    hint that Matt was busy with PJ in the Spring, did he actually refer to a ‘tour’? Could Matt’s PJ commitments in the late winter/spring have been recording and album related? From memory it wasn’t a specific tour related comment. However I think everyone inferred that it was. Correct me if I’m wrong! 

I asked the same question and he definitely referred to a tour
  • Options
    BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 4,025
    When Noveselic dropped a tasty little
    hint that Matt was busy with PJ in the Spring, did he actually refer to a ‘tour’? Could Matt’s PJ commitments in the late winter/spring have been recording and album related? From memory it wasn’t a specific tour related comment. However I think everyone inferred that it was. Correct me if I’m wrong! 

I asked the same question and he definitely referred to a tour
    👍
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • Options
    drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,172
    Wouldn’t be surprised if they are recording. Band has been quiet. A window of time now to work on it before Andrew Watt is busy with Iggy Pop shows at end April.
  • Options
    Ok,  Springsteen just announced fall dates , Vancouver, Edmonton, Calgary,...    come on boys let the cat out of the bag FFS !!  
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    JimmyV said:
    I am thankful for what we have gotten over the years, but it's hard not to be jealous as these other tour announcements go by. 
    When was the last great tour for pj, 2006?
    2013/2014 was epic

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lightning_Bolt_Tour
    64 shows over two years.  Meh
    Pretty safe bet we're never getting an '06 ever again.
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,664
    Bruce is literally playing Baltimore twice in 6 months and PJ can't make up the show....
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,457
    Bruce is literally playing Baltimore twice in 6 months and PJ can't make up the show....
    lol no doubt and he’s playing the tri-state area multiple times close to ten 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Rockford, IL Posts: 3,352
    With no new PJ dates announced, I’m planning on seeing a bunch of jam bands this year:  Lotus, Goose, Greensky Bluegrass, Phish (maybe in Seattle), and String Cheese Incident.

Everyone have a fun time at concerts in the spring and summer.
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• Options
    YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,532
    Just got my DMB tickets today for Mansfield and NH.  Also seeing Taylor Swift, Matchbox 20 and Madonna this summer (yes, quite the eclectic group).  Bruce will sellout these football stadiums this fall, but you don't think PJ will open some of them, do you?
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,996
    Just got my DMB tickets today for Mansfield and NH.  Also seeing Taylor Swift, Matchbox 20 and Madonna this summer (yes, quite the eclectic group).  Bruce will sellout these football stadiums this fall, but you don't think PJ will open some of them, do you?
    I do not. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Billy Strings has 64 dates on his rider for this year after announcing his summer tour, as well as 2 appearances for that Leslie Jordan Benefit and Willie Nelson birthday bash. Only 2 of those 64 dates are festivals, and most cities are getting multiple night runs. During August, he literally goes from Newport Folk Fest to Germany to play 3 shows there, then immediately turn around to come back to the US to play Knoxville. Most of his shows recently have been streaming on Nugs in real time, or they're always live on Mixlr if there is no Nugs stream. 

Oh, and he has still yet to announce his fall tour.

It's February. 

• Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,777
    edited February 2023
    drfox said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    JimmyV said:
    I am thankful for what we have gotten over the years, but it's hard not to be jealous as these other tour announcements go by. 
    When was the last great tour for pj, 2006?
    2013/2014 was epic
    Agree - that was the last proper worldwide tour and it covered North and South America, Europe and Australia, with a strong selection of cities 

If COVID didn't happen, who the hell knows what could have been.

Spring and summer 2020 were known.
    Fall 2020 was all but known.
    No doubt South America and other places in 2021.

(Writing and recording in 2022 with maybe a few Earthlings/EV solo shows?)

What would have been epic:
    2020: We know those dates.
    2021: Big Day Out and other stuff down under, then USA in May, European festivals mid year and then maybe visit South and/or Central America in November?
    2022: EV solo stuff, band takes time off to rest/recover/write.
    2023: Album production, release, new tour.

OR
    2021: Australia, NZ, USA/Mex/CAN
    2022: Europe, South America.
    Post edited by Lost In Ohio on
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    devonfzdevonfz Posts: 154
    Currently listening to timeless melody on SiriusXM now there’s a song so good
  • Options
    aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,276
    JimmyV said:
    Yeah, I spent $1600 on dmb tix this morning. And all the while I kept thinking, 'I wish this was going to PJ instead.'
  • Options
    RK50065RK50065 St. Louis, MO Posts: 894
    JimmyV said:
    23 more Phish shows, 7 of them at MSG.

By August, PJ will have played 22 shows in North America in the last 5 years. Phish will have played 15 shows just at MSG in the last 16 months...
  • Options
    reyrey Monmouth County, NJ Posts: 273
    Billy Strings has 64 dates on his rider for this year after announcing his summer tour, as well as 2 appearances for that Leslie Jordan Benefit and Willie Nelson birthday bash. Only 2 of those 64 dates are festivals, and most cities are getting multiple night runs. During August, he literally goes from Newport Folk Fest to Germany to play 3 shows there, then immediately turn around to come back to the US to play Knoxville. Most of his shows recently have been streaming on Nugs in real time, or they're always live on Mixlr if there is no Nugs stream. 

It's February. 

He's also 30 years old.
  • Options
    raindog80raindog80 Reggio Emilia, Italy Posts: 1,142

If COVID didn't happen, who the hell knows what could have been.

Spring and summer 2020 were known.
    Fall 2020 was all but known.
    No doubt South America and other places in 2021.

(Writing and recording in 2022 with maybe a few Earthlings/EV solo shows?)

What would have been epic:
    2020: We know those dates.
    2021: Big Day Out and other stuff down under, then USA in May, European festivals mid year and then maybe visit South and/or Central America in November?
    2022: EV solo stuff, band takes time off to rest/recover/write.
    2023: Album production, release, new tour.

OR
    2021: Australia, NZ, USA/Mex/CAN
    2022: Europe, South America.
    Spring 2020: USA
    Summer 2020: Europe
    Fall 2020: USA
    Spring 2021: South America
    Fall 2021: Australia/ NZ
    Summer 2022: USA (Stadiums Tour)
    2023/2024 Off (Album production, etc)
    2025: New LP + USA & Europe 

No Earthling by EV. 
    "I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things" - Tom Waits
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 28,040
    RK50065 said:
    JimmyV said:

By August, PJ will have played 22 shows in North America in the last 5 years. Phish will have played 15 shows just at MSG in the last 16 months...
    So jealous of Phish fans.  Come on PJ get it together!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,996
    JimmyV said:
    Yeah, I spent $1600 on dmb tix this morning. And all the while I kept thinking, 'I wish this was going to PJ instead.'
    The Hartford and Mansfield shows are both on Saturday nights a week apart, rather than the usual Friday-Saturday double-shot. One of those plus Bruce at Gillette in August will eat up a lot of my summer concert budget.  

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 4,483
    edited February 2023
    Not attacking anyone, but just wanted to point out that if we're still getting ANY show from a band that started in the 70's (Bruce/E-Street),

80's (Phish, U2),

or 90's (PJ, DMB, etc.)

we're lucky.
    Every show is a gift (not a free gift lol, but a gift).
    I never got to see Soundgarden (or Temple). Always thought after 2012, they'd be around long after everyone else tapped out, seeing as they had already broken up once. I was wrong.

Our heroes are, at the end of the day, still just mortal men & women. And everyone of them is different. Different lives, different commitments, different batteries.

Before this year, I only saw Bruce once (and that was a Solomon's choice, because I had to choose between Bruce, REM & John FOGERTY, vs. PJ & DCFC - I stand by said choice).

This year, I've already seen Bruce TWICE, and will see him again at MSG. While the majority of his friends/contemporaries are either retired, not speaking, or in the ground/in the sky. He even does a song that reflects all that with "Last Man Standing"

When it comes to Seattle & the grunge era, PJ are the last ones standing that are still essentially the same bunch of guys who were playing around in 1990 (hell, we had Dave K. in Fresno last year!!)

AiC is great. Love 'em. Go see 'em, when you can. But it's just a little different for obvious reasons. 

3rd Secret is awesome. But don't go expecting a Soundgarden, or Nirvana show. Same for Foo Fighters (who deserve a mountain of praise for still soldiering on themselves).

It's 2023. I never even dreamed the band would still be around this long after 1995, let alone Roskilde.

We can hope for more shows, and in our favorite cities, but at this point, it's a marathon, not a race.

Whenever they decide to finish, I hope it's on their terms. In the meantime, I'm just glad they're still around.

(Just ditch the Official Platinum/PJ Premium bullshit, lol)💙
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II, 05/16 & 05/18/24: Las Vegas I & II. Michael Jordan's #!

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, all of Vitalogy or Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways (full band), You Are (thank you, Vegas!), Bu$hleaguer, Inside Job (Vegas!), low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!
  • Options
    yosiyosi NYC Posts: 2,732
    edited February 2023
    RK50065 said:
    JimmyV said:

If only I were a fan of Phish instead… super jealous. 

rey said:

It's February. 

He's also 30 years old.
    Exactly. It’d make more sense to compare his tour to a mid 90s PJ tour. 
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane

• Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,567
    Go Animal said:
    Not attacking anyone, but just wanted to point out that if we're still getting ANY show from a band that started in the 70's (Bruce/E-Street),

80's (Phish, U2),

or 90's (PJ, DMB, etc.)

we're lucky.
    I never got to see Soundgarden (or Temple). Always thought after 2012, they'd be around long after everyone else tapped out, seeing as they had already broken up once. I was wrong.

Our heroes are, at the end of the day, still just mortal men & women. And everyone of them is different. Different lives, different commitments, different batteries.

Before this year, I only saw Bruce once (and that was a Solomon's choice, because I had to choose between Bruce, REM & John FOGERTY, vs. PJ & DCFC - I stand by said choice).

This year, I've already seen Bruce TWICE, and will see him again at MSG. While the majority of his friends/contemporaries are either retired, not speaking, or in the ground/in the sky. He even does a song that reflects all that with "Last Man Standing"

When it comes to Seattle & the grunge era, PJ are the last ones standing that are still essentially the same bunch of guys who were playing around in 1990 (hell, we had Dave K. in Fresno last year!!)

AiC is great. Love 'em. Go see 'em, when you can. But it's just a little different for obvious reasons. 

3rd Secret is awesome. But don't go expecting a Soundgarden, or Nirvana show. Same for Foo Fighters (who deserve a mountain of praise for still soldiering on themselves).

It's 2023. I never even dreamed the band would still be around this long after 1995, let alone Roskilde.

We can hope for more shows, and in our favorite cities, but at this point, it's a marathon, not a race.

Whenever they decide to finish, I hope it's on their terms. In the meantime, I'm just glad they're still around.

Well said!
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,589
    Go Animal said:

80's (Phish, U2),

or 90's (PJ, DMB, etc.)

we're lucky.

I am hoping Mudhoney tours the US and plays close to us to support their upcoming release. We had tickets last year to see them in St Louis, only to have our granddaughter be born that afternoon. There was no way my wife was going to choose the concert over seeing the new baby. Not that I could blame her. 
  • Options
    Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 4,483
    ^would love either a Mudhoney club tour, and/or a few PJ shows with them as opener.
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II, 05/16 & 05/18/24: Las Vegas I & II. Michael Jordan's #!

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, all of Vitalogy or Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways (full band), You Are (thank you, Vegas!), Bu$hleaguer, Inside Job (Vegas!), low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,933
    We all know they're on the back 9 of their career.  It feels like we're on hole 17 though, which is a shame because they still have a few peak years left in them.  The window is closing though and they don't seem to have the desire to play many shows while it's still open.  Oh well.  The ride has been fun and life will go on.
  • Options
    pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,291
    bbiggs said:
    We all know they're on the back 9 of their career.  It feels like we're on hole 17 though, which is a shame because they still have a few peak years left in them.  The window is closing though and they don't seem to have the desire to play many shows while it's still open.  Oh well.  The ride has been fun and life will go on.
    What baffles me about their lack of touring dates is when they do play shows every guy seems like he is having a blast. it's not like they are just going through the motions when they do play.  Maybe the lesser amount of shows gives them more energy and more appreciation for when they do play together. it's just kind of odd how much they seem to enjoy being on stage together but they don't do it all that often.
  • Options
    bbiggs said:
    But if they could speed up their play, might get another round in. Come on boys lets go !!   B)
  • Options
    pjhawks said:
    bbiggs said:
    What baffles me about their lack of touring dates is when they do play shows every guy seems like he is having a blast. it's not like they are just going through the motions when they do play.  Maybe the lesser amount of shows gives them more energy and more appreciation for when they do play together. it's just kind of odd how much they seem to enjoy being on stage together but they don't do it all that often.
    I mean, this is probably their argument for keeping a manageable schedule, right? They hit the road when they are inspired and they have a fuckin blast, in large part because they aren't slogging around the country like Foo Fighters and playing every fest and shed in every backwater town. Pretty clear that this is where they are and its not gonna change.It's a fuckin bummer bc I have skipped multiple PJ tours because they didn't come close to me and figured they'd be back soon, and now its just looking like I was an idiot. That's on me, not them. Strike while the iron is hot and all that

Also, thank God I'm a Phish fan, they fuckin spoil us. 40-50 shows a year, every year
  • Options
    pjhawks said:
    bbiggs said:
    They might be good actors.  After all they are professional performers.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    I just hope that when they tour for the last time it's more than a run of 15 dates.