Options

The Official 2023 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• Options
    3days3days Posts: 1,152
    I think it's somewhat unreasonable to just assume that the band can automatically pick up and tour whenever, or for a given number of dates. Families, health issues, and conflicting schedules can dictate a lot. They may want to tour, but not have the ability right now. Or they may feel that it wouldn't be wise. 
  • Options
    3days said:
    I think it's somewhat unreasonable to just assume that the band can automatically pick up and tour whenever, or for a given number of dates. Families, health issues, and conflicting schedules can dictate a lot. They may want to tour, but not have the ability right now. Or they may feel that it wouldn't be wise. 
    I know it’s a selfish view, but figuring out how to work for 30 days a year isn’t hard.
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    hihobibo said:
    Anyone in the Toronto area checking out the PJ cover band in Oshawa on Saturday? 
      :| Rumor thread has now turned into info on dates of cover bands.  
    TEN Band…tomorrow in Columbus!
    Saturday in Northwest Indiana. I've never seen a PJ cover band and can't believe I am about to. I don't feel great about it. 🤣
    Felt the same when i saw TEN last yr. They are very good
  • Options
    kaw753kaw753 Posts: 761
    JG257896 said:
    Bruce is 15 years older and just started a US Tour larger than PJ has played since 2013…. That’s why

Entire states and markets haven’t been hit in 10-13 years and the band continues to play places like Chicago and Boston for the 3rd or 4th time since many large markets have been played 
    As much as I love Bruce, the amount of energy he puts out during his shows pales compared to PJ. Still, it's amazing for him to be doing what he's doing at his age. 
    Crazy.   Springsteen brings it every show.  So much energy.  And they played 28 songs the other night.  PJ has 1.2 feet in retirement.
    It's incredible that none of them have to pee in a 3 1/2 hour set. 
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,587
    Springsteen is playing pretty much the same 2:45 setlist every night so far on this tour. People would be pissed if PJ started doing that. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    ComeToTX said:
    Springsteen is playing pretty much the same 2:45 setlist every night so far on this tour. People would be pissed if PJ started doing that. 
    True.  On the other hand it would cut down on travel by fans.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    droptheleash9droptheleash9 Posts: 1,341
    edited February 2023
    ComeToTX said:
    Springsteen's MO has always been to start the first handful of shows on the tour with similar setlists and then branch out as they get further into the tour. That said, you're right in that this go around it's basically 100% the same every night where as previously they'd at least switch up a couple of songs for those first few nights.
  • Options
    Last Exit, usually around Long Island, is a good time
  • Options
    Only here would someone shit talk Springsteen's live show. Really?
  • Options
    hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,058
    devonfz said:
    I don’t understand why people complain about members discussing a Pearl Jam tour on the Pearl Jam tour rumor thread? What else are we supposed to talk about? And if you’re not going to tour maybe let your Fanbase know that just as a courtesy, because their whole success is primarily due to hard-core fans that travel to show I think we all get it they don’t wanna tour as much but last year’s tour didn’t hit so many markets come on everyone was expecting a little bit more from that so once again, I don’t understand why anyone cares that members talk about it on a Pearl Jam2023 tour thread
    Howard Stern would do a similar thing, not letting his audience know when he was going to be off, so that people would still tune in. I assume there is similar thinking here, that by not saying anything, it provides some traffic to the website to see if anything is happening. 
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,860
    hihobibo said:
    Anyone in the Toronto area checking out the PJ cover band in Oshawa on Saturday? 
      :| Rumor thread has now turned into info on dates of cover bands.  
    TEN Band…tomorrow in Columbus!
    Saturday in Northwest Indiana. I've never seen a PJ cover band and can't believe I am about to. I don't feel great about it. 🤣
    Have fun, sing along, hang with other fans, oh and have fun
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,139
    edited February 2023
    devonfz said:
    I don’t understand why people complain about members discussing a Pearl Jam tour on the Pearl Jam tour rumor thread? What else are we supposed to talk about? And if you’re not going to tour maybe let your Fanbase know that just as a courtesy, because their whole success is primarily due to hard-core fans that travel to show I think we all get it they don’t wanna tour as much but last year’s tour didn’t hit so many markets come on everyone was expecting a little bit more from that so once again, I don’t understand why anyone cares that members talk about it on a Pearl Jam2023 tour thread
    This is the tour rumor thread. The expectation should be this is where we go to discuss news and rumors, and those who don’t like that should not read it. Plenty of other sections on the forum for interests.

Courtesy or even a vague notification has never been a priority. I am an old timer, followed many other bands that are older and almost always would get a sense of their expected touring years and off years. But not this band. And those other bands didn’t charge a $35 annual lottery entrance fee.

First major release in seven years and that got about twelve US arena shows to support the album (festivals are a non starter for many fans) and a few in difficult to reach low population regions. This after a two year delay which gave plenty of time to sit at home and recharge. Another off year? Maybe.
  • Options
    hihobibo said:
    devonfz said:
    Howard Stern would do a similar thing, not letting his audience know when he was going to be off, so that people would still tune in. I assume there is similar thinking here, that by not saying anything, it provides some traffic to the website to see if anything is happening. 

This is kind of different though. It'd be nice to make summer travel plans.

With that said, the band's logic may be that if they delay announcing a tour, it gives nearby fans a better shot at getting tickets.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,243
    Had a dream I was in Seattle this summer. I would only be in Seattle for PJ. I think this is a valid entry in to the rumor column.

• Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,516
    Had a dream I was in Seattle this summer. I would only be in Seattle for PJ. I think this is a valid entry in to the rumor column.

At this point I will take it. 
  • Options
    HaijayHaijay Posts: 328
    devonfz said:

Did you just say that their whole success is due to a few hundred hardcores that travel to the shows? Their WHOLE success? Wowee
    Some of you really think the shows are 14,900 travellers and 100 locals? MADNESS🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,587
    Only here would someone shit talk Springsteen's live show. Really?
    where did that happen?
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    NoloadNoload Monticello, Georgia Posts: 1,630
    Legacy Jam newsletter is out. 
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • Options
    devonfzdevonfz Posts: 145
    Not their whole success. Obviously the first few album sold millions of copies but they’ve made most of their money the last 20 years from touring and the Fanbase, that travels to lots of shows is a big reason why not the only reason but one of the main reasons and I would argue that at least 60 to 70% of most crowds are traveling fans and hard-core
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,931
    edited February 2023
    Those California shows last year would have died on the vine without travelling fans. The ballpark shows are always aided by travelling fans. A few cities would sell out on their own but this band travels a lot of fans and knows it. 
    Post edited by JimmyV on

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    NoloadNoload Monticello, Georgia Posts: 1,630
    JimmyV said:
    Those California shows last year would have died on the vine without travelling fans. The ballpark shows are always aided by travelling fans. A few cities would sell out on their own but this band travels a lot of fans and knows it. 
    Agree.  They know it and is still not beyond canceling 2 days before. They know we are here regardless of when or how they do it. I blame myself :)
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
  • Options
    hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,058

But did you wake up before realizing it was to see the closing of the Mopop exhibit?
  • Options
    drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,081
    The lack of any “keep your membership” up to date reminder in the newsletter makes me think the chances of any PJ US Summer shows and EV Euro shows are definitely over
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,632
    drfox said:
    The lack of any “keep your membership” up to date reminder in the newsletter makes me think the chances of any PJ US Summer shows and EV Euro shows are definitely over
    I think EV always has a shot at announcing solo shows as little as 8-10 weeks out.  Have to imagine those shows are much easier to plan logistically and from a staffing standpoint.  

But if you're waiting for North American PJ shows, I feel incredibly confident in saying you can safely book those other Spring and Summer travel plans
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    chiefnjkchiefnjk Posts: 301
    drfox said:
    I think EV always has a shot at announcing solo shows as little as 8-10 weeks out.  Have to imagine those shows are much easier to plan logistically and from a staffing standpoint.  

But if you're waiting for North American PJ shows, I feel incredibly confident in saying you can safely book those other Spring and Summer travel plans
    Agree. Maybe they are working on the album. If they are touring in September, we probably won't hear anything until May at the earliest. 
  • Options
    JimminezJimminez Posts: 217
    Jeff was in LA for LeBron's record breaking game the other night. They might be in recording mode right now. 🤞🙏
    Jeff was also in LA Jan 4th. Was vacationing with family and bumped into him at Grand Central Market. Always thought I’d be able to play it cool if ever such a situation happened but defaulted to a fanboi immediately. So perhaps they are indeed recording if he’s been in LA lately. 
    2018 - 8/8, 8/10
    2016 - 5/5, 5/8, 5/10, 5/12, 8/5, 8/7
    2014 - 6/28, 6/29
    2013 - 10/12, 11/24
    2011 - 9/14
    2005 - 9/16
  • Options
    drfox said:

Agreed.

Let's say the Krist Novoselic rumor is true. At this point, there'd probably be rumors of venue holds at the minimum.

We don't even have that.

Is it at all possible the band decided to put touring on hold to finish up the new record and then tour off that?

Option 1: North America in April/May. Record in the summer for a late fall release and a tour.

Option 2: Record in the spring for a new album tour earlier than option one's tour would have been.

Option 3: ???
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,810
    edited February 2023
    Option 3 

Doing a 2018 style tour in reverse starting east to west ending at Ohana. 

Album and 2020 style tour in 2024
    Post edited by PJNB on
  • Options
    drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,081
    PJNB said:
    Option 3 

Doing a 2018 style tour in reverse starting east to west ending at Ohana. 

Album and 2020 style tour in 2024
    I think that last option is looking more and more likely. Album Q4 this year or Q1 next year. North America and Euro tours in 2024.

Maybe a handful of EV shows at random points this year 
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,649
    drfox said:

Agreed.

Let's say the Krist Novoselic rumor is true. At this point, there'd probably be rumors of venue holds at the minimum.

We don't even have that.

Is it at all possible the band decided to put touring on hold to finish up the new record and then tour off that?

Option 1: North America in April/May. Record in the summer for a late fall release and a tour.

Option 2: Record in the spring for a new album tour earlier than option one's tour would have been.

Option 3: ???
    I don’t remember the timelines from recording to release with Gigaton, but it always seems like album release is 8-10 months after recording.