Options

The Official 2023 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• Options
    tylermooretylermoore St. Joseph, MI Posts: 903
    JimmyV said:
    I agree that third is unlikely with these shows. Possible exception to that is side/rear stage in Chicago. Not sure how in demand that option will be. 
    I almost thought about it...I couldn’t do it. I know it would increase my chances. If just rear was an option, I would’ve done it. I did that for one show and it was actually unique and I didn’t regret it. Side stage...seems like a lot could go wrong there 
  • Options
    steven87steven87 Posts: 1,339
    JimmyV said:
    I agree that third is unlikely with these shows. Possible exception to that is side/rear stage in Chicago. Not sure how in demand that option will be. 
    I almost thought about it...I couldn’t do it. I know it would increase my chances. If just rear was an option, I would’ve done it. I did that for one show and it was actually unique and I didn’t regret it. Side stage...seems like a lot could go wrong there 
    So depending on exactly where they are, side stage seats can be some of the best seats in the house. Last year, the morning of the Ottawa show, there was a TM drop for side stage seats and I grabbed a pair in the second row on Mike’s side. I got there and discovered we were about 15 feet away from Mike. Some of the best seats I’ve ever had at a PJ show. 
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 19,001
    steven87 said:
    JimmyV said:
    So depending on exactly where they are, side stage seats can be some of the best seats in the house. Last year, the morning of the Ottawa show, there was a TM drop for side stage seats and I grabbed a pair in the second row on Mike’s side. I got there and discovered we were about 15 feet away from Mike. Some of the best seats I’ve ever had at a PJ show. 
    Maybe, but they are still going to be assigned by seniority. The same guy who would get the best regular reserved seats would get the best side/rear seats. That guy wouldn't be me. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    leebug87leebug87 Posts: 92
    Do you think demand will be high enough to sell unwanted tickets for Indy? Hubby and I thought we’d both put in for 4 tickets (two couples going) and then sell the extra 4 (F2F) I’d we happened to both score tickets, but it also feels a little risky!
    i am lost, i'm no guide, but i'm by your side
    i am right by your side...
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 19,001
    leebug87 said:
    Do you think demand will be high enough to sell unwanted tickets for Indy? Hubby and I thought we’d both put in for 4 tickets (two couples going) and then sell the extra 4 (F2F) I’d we happened to both score tickets, but it also feels a little risky!
    Yes, tickets for Indy will be in demand. Only worry might be that TM played games last year with letting lawn seats be resold in F2F. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Rockford, IL Posts: 3,354
    I’m someone who’s never been lucky with 10c lottery. 
    How confident is anyone on actually getting their 3rd or even 2nd priority. Seems almost impossible with this short tour, right? 
    I’ve never scored more than one show at a time and I never only put in GA
    In 2016, I got my 2nd and 3rd priority.  Those shows were Columbia, SC and Raleigh, NC.  For the ballpark shows in 2016 and 2018, I just put in for the Wrigley shows and got both each year.
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• Options
    iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Rockford, IL Posts: 3,354
    Good luck to all who put in for the shows on this run of shows
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,490
    I’m someone who’s never been lucky with 10c lottery. 
    How confident is anyone on actually getting their 3rd or even 2nd priority. Seems almost impossible with this short tour, right? 
    I’ve never scored more than one show at a time and I never only put in GA
    On one hand it's a small tour. On the other it sounds like they have a pretty big allocation for each show. Regardless, I think fan to fan really helps. Especially with this new GA/Res option, I'll bet a lot of tickets will be popping up there if you're persistent.
  • Options
    MM70435MM70435 Posts: 264
    Doug87 said:
    MM70435 said:
    Lukeat911 said:
    Chances of a Jordan themed Chicago ‘23 poster? I’m in line already. 
    I have been in a dilemma about whether to go with Chicago or Ft Worth as my 1st option.  As a Knicks fan this may have helped make my decision.
    Probably much better odds on Ft. Worth, though is all a lottery either way.
    That's what I was thinking and why I am leaning heavily towards choosing Ft Worth.

Thing is with Chicago, I could spend the day off in between at a day Cubs game at Wrigley vs the National Cowgirl Hall of Fame (nothing against cowgirls BTW).

Less than a day to decide.  Decisions, decisions.
    00 - Atlanta                                            10 - MSG I&II    
    03 - Birmingham, Atlanta                       22 - L̶a̶s̶ ̶V̶e̶g̶a̶s̶, Camden, Nashville   
    04 - Asheville, Kissimmee                     23 -  Ft Worth II                                                                                
    08 - Tampa, Columbia                           24 -  Philadelphia I&II, Baltimore
    09 - Atlanta I&II (EV)
                    " if hope could grow from dirt like me. It can be done.
  • Options
    If you’re going to chicago, you might want to plan on going to the cubs game on the day in between... just saying 
  • Options
    pjrusspjruss Posts: 489
    If you’re going to chicago, you might want to plan on going to the cubs game on the day in between... just saying 
    Only if you’re ok with seeing the lead singer of Pearl Jam sing Take Me Out To The Ballgame. 

If you’re not a fan of that guy, you may want to make alternate plans 😂
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,747
    leebug87 said:
    I think they’ll be a lot of lawn seats up for sale as we get closer to the day of the show. 
  • Options
    Doug87Doug87 Posts: 442
    leebug87 said:
    I think they’ll be a lot of lawn seats up for sale as we get closer to the day of the show. 
    At $81 a ticket, I’d agree.  That’s a little steep for lawn for the casual fan or person who only
    knows a few songs.

imagine lawn will be close to capacity but with tickets still available on a walk up basis either from the venue or F2F.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,676
    Indy pretty close to a sellout back in 2010 when in St. Louis and Kansas City that year it was pretty damn sparse if not blocked off in the upper deck. Granted, 2010 did not have a Chicago show. With that said, I'd be shocked if it isn't easy to get a lawn ticket off of F2F. 
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 2,012
    Maybe I haven't read enough... but have we heard...for the Chicago shows, if we put in for all 3 options: GA & Reserved, Reserved and Side/Back...which option is pulled or picked first? Are we lessening our chances at GA by selecting the 2nd and 3rd options?
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,065
    Sarava said:
    Maybe I haven't read enough... but have we heard...for the Chicago shows, if we put in for all 3 options: GA & Reserved, Reserved and Side/Back...which option is pulled or picked first? Are we lessening our chances at GA by selecting the 2nd and 3rd options?
    GA is def first. They fill that then will moved on to reserved. Fill that then move on to side/back
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 2,012
    PJNB said:
    Sarava said:
    GA is def first. They fill that then will moved on to reserved. Fill that then move on to side/back
    Thanks...I assumed it was that way. But I didnt want to assume and screw this up.
  • Options
    JM144705JM144705 Philadelphia Posts: 431
    What do we think the odds are looking like for Fort Worth? I put in for both shows 🤞🤞
  • Options
    I miss looking at the odds for each show 
    even tho they weren’t too accurate the last couple times they did post them. Still fun to look at 
  • Options
    NewfieintheUSANewfieintheUSA Posts: 2,394
    leebug87 said:
    You can't put in for 4 tickets on on a TC request for 1 show though.
  • Options
    sedge75sedge75 Posts: 29

others than me have problems when validating payment information with a foreign card during the presale? I am living in FRANCE and it 's impossible to add the payment info. First time that happen to me for a US tour...

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,487
    sedge75 said:

others than me have problems when validating payment information with a foreign card during the presale? I am living in FRANCE and it 's impossible to add the payment info. First time that happen to me for a US tour...

Have you emailed 10C? 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    leebug87 said:
    If they both have an account they can 
  • Options
    sedge75sedge75 Posts: 29
    sedge75 said:

Have you emailed 10C? 
    yes and they told me to email TM
  • Options
    aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,297
    It is with deep sorrow and regret that I inform you my request list has suffered its first (and only) casualty. Noblesville was the one show I wanted to do the most. I've been going to shows at Deer Creek for over 20 years. And I've only ever seen PJ in arenas and stadiums, so I was super-stoked to get to see them in one of my favorite amphitheaters. But alas, the logistics of making this show happen were just too difficult. Especially when I have other options that would be much easier.

So I guess I'll just be seeing you all at both nights of St Paul and Austin.
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,520
    It is with deep sorrow and regret that I inform you my request list has suffered its first (and only) casualty. Noblesville was the one show I wanted to do the most. I've been going to shows at Deer Creek for over 20 years. And I've only ever seen PJ in arenas and stadiums, so I was super-stoked to get to see them in one of my favorite amphitheaters. But alas, the logistics of making this show happen were just too difficult. Especially when I have other options that would be much easier.

So I guess I'll just be seeing you all at both nights of St Paul and Austin.
    Gutted 
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,785
    leebug87 said:
    If they both have an account they can 

Yeah...if they both have accounts, that's four tickets total.

If four people want to be together during the show and end up with seats, they almost certainly won't be together, even if the 10C numbers are sequential.

What I'd do if I wanted four together without seats:
    Put in for Verified Fan, obviously.

If I end up with two separate pairs ... Go in early and hang out at the seats that are worse. Say you have seats 7-8. When the people come in who have seats 5-6 or 9-10 show up, explain your situation and give them the upgrade. Unfortunately, you couldn't transfer your tickets, but maybe guest services could help you there.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,403
    sedge75 said:
    sedge75 said:

Have you emailed 10C? 
    Yeah unfortunately Ticketmaster is running this, not 10 Club, so you'll have to deal with them to resolve. Good luck.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,520
    Poncier said:
    sedge75 said:
    sedge75 said:

Have you emailed 10C? 
    Yeah unfortunately Ticketmaster is running this, not 10 Club, so you'll have to deal with them to resolve. Good luck.
    Guessing TM won’t answer on a Sunday and today is the deadline to enter.  Best bet is to make friends with someone on this board and try to be their +1.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    vercemanverceman Posts: 681
    Probably too much to ask, but can a 2023 tour ticket strategy thread be created? I log on here and see a few dozen new posts and think there may be an exciting new rumor, and nil.