Options

The Official 2023 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,988
    edited April 2023
    It is with deep sorrow and regret that I inform you my request list has suffered its first (and only) casualty. Noblesville was the one show I wanted to do the most. I've been going to shows at Deer Creek for over 20 years. And I've only ever seen PJ in arenas and stadiums, so I was super-stoked to get to see them in one of my favorite amphitheaters. But alas, the logistics of making this show happen were just too difficult. Especially when I have other options that would be much easier.

So I guess I'll just be seeing you all at both nights of St Paul and Austin.
    Only four shows, tragic.  ;)
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,984
    verceman said:
    Probably too much to ask, but can a 2023 tour ticket strategy thread be created? I log on here and see a few dozen new posts and think there may be an exciting new rumor, and nil.
    Only rumor left is the slim possibility of something, somehow in Philadelphia. Otherwise, it's likely what you see, what you get for 2023. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    I submitted my 10C request for a pair (GA and/or Reserved). I also signed up for Verified Fan as a backup. I've asked these questions before but can't find the thread in My Discussions:

Let's say I win the lottery and get a 10C pair. Will I then be ineligible to participate in Verified Fan (in the hopes of "possibly" scoring an upgrade if my 10C seats aren't the greatest)? I think I remember someone saying that as long as you don't have more than four tickets in your TM account, you'll be OK...but am not 100% sure. In 2020/2022, I didn't even participate in VF/F2F because I thought there was only a one pair limit, not matter what, and didn't want the tickets I'd already gotten from 10C to be in jeopardy.

I just know there were a lot of threads last year about people "upgrading" their 10C reserved via VF or F2F and wondered how that was even possible. I hope my question made sense. And unless I missed it, will we even know our 10C seat assignments before the VF on sale date?

I'm prone to overthink so I apologize if the answer is right in front of me and I just can't see it.
    07/28/1992 - Cincinnati
    07/11/1998 - Las Vegas
    07/22/2006 - The Gorge
    04/26/2016 - Lexington
    08/08/2018 - Seattle
    08/10/2018 - Seattle
    08/20/2018 - Wrigley Field
    04/02/2020 - Nashville
    09/16/2022 - Nashville
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,984
    edited April 2023
    Yes, you can participate in the verified fan sale after winning the 10c lottery. There is a four ticket limit for these shows and you can only win two through 10c, so you can buy two more through verified fan. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    JimmyV said:
    Yes, you can participate in the verified fan sale after winning the 10c lottery. There is a four ticket limit for these shows and you can only win two through 10c, so you can buy two more through verified fan. 
    Awesome. Thanks for info JimmyV!

07/28/1992 - Cincinnati
    07/11/1998 - Las Vegas
    07/22/2006 - The Gorge
    04/26/2016 - Lexington
    08/08/2018 - Seattle
    08/10/2018 - Seattle
    08/20/2018 - Wrigley Field
    04/02/2020 - Nashville
    09/16/2022 - Nashville
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,499
    Verified fan is a joke... there will be 10s of thousands sign up for hardly any seats. Don't expect much from VF
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,005
    JimmyV said:
    This plus it looks like VF sign up and lotto will be after we know our seats for 10C. That is great news for most of us trying to figure out what else we need to pick up in VF for tickets. 
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    JimmyV said:
    This plus it looks like VF sign up and lotto will be after we know our seats for 10C. That is great news for most of us trying to figure out what else we need to pick up in VF for tickets. 
    You think everyone will just magically get VF access? 
  • Options
    EMiznerEMizner Posts: 96
    Does anyone know what it means by "the majority of the tickets will go to Ten Club members"? Is that like 90% of the arena? 51%?
    Pearl Jam
    Minneapolis, MN - June 30, 1998
    St. Paul, MN - June 16, 2003
    PJ20 - Alpine Valley - East Troy, WI - September 3, 2011
    PJ20 - Alpine Valley - East Troy, WI - September 4, 2011
    St. Paul, MN - August 31, 2023
    St. Paul, MN - September 2, 2023
    Austin, TX - September 18, 2023
    Austin, TX - September 19, 2023
    Las Vegas, NV - May 16, 2024
    Las Vegas, NV - May 18, 2024

Eddie Vedder
    Las Vegas, NV - October 7, 2022
    Innings Festival - Tempe, AZ - February 26, 2023
    Ohana Festival - Dana Point, CA - September 30, 2023
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,005
    PJNB said:
    JimmyV said:
    No that does not change anything since they are two different sales. In the past though we did not even know our 10C tickets and went into the VF sale blindly guessing at what we needed. This time we will know our cities we won from 10C and what cities need to have some luck on with VF.
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,587
    PJNB said:
    JimmyV said:
    In 2022 I sent a picture of all my PJ vinyl all.my PJ ticket stubs.
    Still didn't get VF access.

What's  a fan to do?

• Options
    PJNB said:
    JimmyV said:

What's  a fan to do?

The actual TM algorithm doesn't reward the true or long time fans. The algorithm recognizes that someone who buys alot of tickets (i.e. I've bought lots of Springsteen tickets over 95 shows) as a scalper.  That's why the label doesn't refer to real fans... just whomever is lucky enough to get name drawn. And yes, resellers get tix thru VF all the time
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,774
    PJNB said:
    JimmyV said:

What's  a fan to do?

The actual TM algorithm doesn't reward the true or long time fans. The algorithm recognizes that someone who buys alot of tickets (i.e. I've bought lots of Springsteen tickets over 95 shows) as a scalper.  That's why the label doesn't refer to real fans... just whomever is lucky enough to get name drawn. And yes, resellers get tix thru VF all the time

And that's part of the reason why so many Taylor Swift fans got pissed off...there were a LOT of people in that one to make an easy rent payment.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    arwooten7arwooten7 Posts: 76
    Just redid my show selections so now I’m in for 2 ft worth tickets on the 13th, 1 Chicago on the 5th and 1 ticket each for both Austin shows. COME ON TOMORROW!!! AND I KINDA HOPE I ONLY GET 3 SHOWS BUT IF IM FORCED TO GO TO 4 ILL SURVIVE 😅😅😅
  • Options
    arwooten7arwooten7 Posts: 76
    Almost had a heart attack.. cancelled my previous selections and then was getting an error message when I went in to select again. 👀
  • Options
    aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,234
    mcgruff10 said:
    It is with deep sorrow and regret that I inform you my request list has suffered its first (and only) casualty. Noblesville was the one show I wanted to do the most. I've been going to shows at Deer Creek for over 20 years. And I've only ever seen PJ in arenas and stadiums, so I was super-stoked to get to see them in one of my favorite amphitheaters. But alas, the logistics of making this show happen were just too difficult. Especially when I have other options that would be much easier.

So I guess I'll just be seeing you all at both nights of St Paul and Austin.
    Only four shows, tragic.  ;)
    At least someone understands my pain. Thank you!
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,312
    PJNB said:
    JimmyV said:

What's  a fan to do?

I thought the algorithm was supposedly weighing the tickets you purchased, kept, and used vs. dinging you for volume. Not that I trust what they tell us on its face but...
  • Options
    Sorry if this has been discussed already.  If I request for Chicago show but I end up not being able to go to the show.  Am I able to transfer these tickets to my nephew?  I think I read somewhere that Chicago ticketing is different and if you can't go you can list on stubhub, etc.  Thanks in advance!
  • Options
    jh275312jh275312 Posts: 90
    Yes
  • Options
    craigraethercraigraether Posts: 1,248
    Verified fan is a joke... there will be 10s of thousands sign up for hardly any seats. Don't expect much from VF
    Right, there were cases in 2022 where you had to have a VF code to access F2F... I would sign up just to be safe.. 
  • Options
    craigraethercraigraether Posts: 1,248
    pjl44 said:
    PJNB said:
    JimmyV said:

What's  a fan to do?

I thought the algorithm was supposedly weighing the tickets you purchased, kept, and used vs. dinging you for volume. Not that I trust what they tell us on its face but...
    pretty sure my work VPN now blocks me from TM.. if I try either browser while on my work machine I get the message that TM has identified to many requests and currently blocked.. guessing it was me in 2020 hitting those F5s ... LOL Thankfully I work at home now so I can use my home laptop.. ;) 
  • Options
    Sorry if this has been discussed already.  If I request for Chicago show but I end up not being able to go to the show.  Am I able to transfer these tickets to my nephew?  I think I read somewhere that Chicago ticketing is different and if you can't go you can list on stubhub, etc.  Thanks in advance!
    Chicago tix, you can do whatever the hell you want. Transfer them, scalp them, give them to me, etc.
  • Options
    devonfzdevonfz Posts: 152
    Yeah, I’m excited today. I wonder it hasn’t been talked much but it sounds like 10 club has secured pretty much all the seats in the building from the sound of it? Does anyone have anything on this? I mean they say the majority of the seats and I’m guessing that by allowing 10% to go premium that gives them even more seats and the other way I’m looking at it does Ticketmaster even care if Ten club sells all the tickets to their own fan club that really doesn’t matter either way they’re making the same amount of money. 
  • Options
    devonfz said:
    Yeah, I’m excited today. I wonder it hasn’t been talked much but it sounds like 10 club has secured pretty much all the seats in the building from the sound of it? Does anyone have anything on this? I mean they say the majority of the seats and I’m guessing that by allowing 10% to go premium that gives them even more seats and the other way I’m looking at it does Ticketmaster even care if Ten club sells all the tickets to their own fan club that really doesn’t matter either way they’re making the same amount of money. 
    True.
    I'm sure they have a preset allotment (maybe 60-70%) and then whatever isn't requested thru 10C just falls into the Verified Fan sale.
  • Options
    drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,412
    pjl44 said:
    PJNB said:
    JimmyV said:

What's  a fan to do?

pretty sure my work VPN now blocks me from TM.. if I try either browser while on my work machine I get the message that TM has identified to many requests and currently blocked.. guessing it was me in 2020 hitting those F5s ... LOL Thankfully I work at home now so I can use my home laptop.. ;) 
    Even my personal VPN has to be turned off to access ticketmaster 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Options
    myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    edited April 2023
    euchrid said:
    wsimon74 said:
    vedpunk said:

The trickle has begun (hopefully) 
    would not surprise me if no Xfrs, the whole fan to fan thing im sure was a mess with constant sellers and upgrading.. get in the building and enjoy.. But if this is true, getting GA will mean a whole lot more to those that get it..
    The "no transfers" does not mean no fan 2 fan. This is the language they use to say you can't email / transfer directly to someone..but you can list on F2F
    Noticed in an old thread you traded GA for Res in 2022? How do you do this with the currently system? You used to just meet the person and make the swap.... how do you swap the wrist band now? 
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,403
    EMizner said:
    Does anyone know what it means by "the majority of the tickets will go to Ten Club members"? Is that like 90% of the arena? 51%?
    They don’t disclose what the majority is but it can’t be as high as 90 because they say 10% are premium.  If 10c had 90 there would be no tickets for the verified fan other than premium.  

Nonetheless 10c by far and away is the best odds I would think.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    NEweatherNEweather Posts: 503
    arwooten7 said:
    Almost had a heart attack.. cancelled my previous selections and then was getting an error message when I went in to select again. 👀
          (( oo-Ee-oooo! that darn 'retrograde-mercury' -communications' snags- Just kidding-& not... , but I read this, and get what you're saying...))
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,774
    edited April 2023
    Chicago tix, you can do whatever the hell you want. Transfer them, scalp them, give them to me, etc.

Except, of course, for 10C tickets which can only be sold for face, per 10C policy.

It's my understanding the other tickets (including 10C) can be sold via Fan2Fan.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    pjl44 said:
    PJNB said:
    JimmyV said:

What's  a fan to do?

About 15 years ago, I created a new TM account with a new email that I use. I've bought a shit ton of tickets over the years (average 25-35 shows a year) yet I never get verified, always waitlisted. Just for the hell of it, I decided to resurrect my old TM account as I never deleted it, and still have access to that email account. I was verified for The Cure and another show a couple months ago, but declined on my main account.

I don't even have a cell phone associated with the old account - they have to email me a code. So I have no idea how the algorithm works.

One thing that really annoyed me, I did not end up getting verified for any PJ show last tour. Even though shows sold out but they kept dropping tix for MSG, I still was not allowed to buy because you needed a VF code. It's a total scam. Hoping for luck in 10c draw, but honestly not expecting anything. Did register for VF with my 2 accts as well as husband's acct.
    2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy