Options

The Official 2023 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• Options
    OfThePearlOfThePearl Posts: 680
    Are cowboy hats acceptable for the Texas shows? 
    Wear cowboy boots instead, they won't block anyone's view.
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,744
    PJINFLA said:
    PJINFLA said:
    PJINFLA said:
    PJINFLA said:
    Hey all, I'm looking at travelling over from NZ and have been following this thread with much interest and excitment!

I've read through things but have a question I'm hoping you guys can clarify, from what I can tell jumping on the lottery site there is no ranking/prioirtising of shows if you're putting in for multiple shows, is this correct and does that mean essentially equal odds of getting tickets to all shows you put in for?

Long way to come so hoping to max my chances :-) Cheers!
    Hey all, I'm looking at travelling over from NZ and have been following this thread with much interest and excitment!

I've read through things but have a question I'm hoping you guys can clarify, from what I can tell jumping on the lottery site there is no ranking/prioirtising of shows if you're putting in for multiple shows, is this correct and does that mean essentially equal odds of getting tickets to all shows you put in for?

Long way to come so hoping to max my chances :-) Cheers!
    There is a way to rank the shows you want to select which is important because the further down your rankings you go the odds drop substantially especially with only 9 shows. And yes it is best to pick less popular shows to enhance your chances in the lottery. Key word is lottery there are no guarantees of anything.
    How, specifically does the ranking apply? 
    The short answer is the higher you rank a show that you want tickets for the better your odds of getting tickets for that show. Odds of getting your 3rd or 4th pick drop substantially because you have a lower priority of getting those shows due to more people being in front of you in the lottery process.

Where are you seeing this?
    Mathematics 
    I didn’t think it was a thing, and there’s no connection between the probability of getting tickets at one venue and the next. If you go for more shows, you increase your odds, but getting Minny tickets doesn’t decrease your odds for Chicago tickets, for example. 
    Oy vey! I hope you read some of the other responses after your post maybe they did a better job of explaining it than I did.
    I did. Sorry if I sounded like a dick. The coffee hadn’t kicked in yet. 
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 4,090
    Video gif A child dressed like a cowboy does a flashy 360 spin and points finger guns to one side
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,296
    Hell Yeah! Just scored a pair for the September 5th show from WXRT in Chicago. 
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 4,090
    Awesome!!  Radio giveaways are usually very good seats. 
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    KevinmanKevinman Atlanta, GA USA Posts: 1,905
    Nice score, great station.
    Interesting that they are giving out tickets before the sale.

Best part is someone from here won them.  Congratulations!
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    06.18.03  Chicago | 06.21.03  Alpine Valley
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    05.16.06  Chicago | 05.17.06  Chicago | 06.29.06  Milwaukee
    08.02.07  Chicago | 08.05.07  Chicago
    08.23.09  Chicago | 08.24.09  Chicago
    05.07.10  Noblesville | 05.09.10  Cleveland
    09.03.11  Alpine Valley | 09.04.11  Alpine Valley
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 19,001
    Congrats!

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,529
    bmurray06 said:
    Get_Right said:
    PinoyPJ said:
    any suggestions on where to stay in Austin? and which bbq spot to hit???

Get an AirBNB. Valentinas for breakfast tacos. Popular BBQ is Terry Blacks. Honestly most spots are good. The wait at Franklins is worth it but it kills the day.
    I second Valentina's. They handmake their tortillas as well. It's definitely where BBQ meets texmex..their queso is amazing!!!!

I also like Curra's grill for breakfast. Bloody mary and migas with chorizo!
  • Options
    chuck nevittchuck nevitt Posts: 235
    edited April 2023
    wsimon74 said:
    pjruss said:
    I see lots of folks asking about the safety around the UC for walking to and from the shows. 

How’s the safety for the people that will be camping out there for a couple nights for GA (we all know this will be the case). 
    Lol. I can't speak for that specific neighborhood. But I've camped out on the sidewalk for Wrigley before. There were security guards and several other fans around, so it was pretty safe. However, some venues are now prohibiting people from lining up before a certain time on the day of the show. So it just depends on how cooperative they plan to be for this event.
    Not to quibble, but Wrigley and United are two completely different neighborhoods. I haven't been to United Center in a while, but from my recollection, you would be ok in the stadium area, but I wouldn't recommend wandering the neighborhood. 
    Quibble away. I've been to both UC and Wrigley many times. But I live 8 hours away, so I'm certainly no expert on the Chicago area. I was merely sharing my experience because someone else had previously mentioned that the Wrigley area is now more dangerous than the UC area. Also wanted to mention that the venue may provide security if they anticipate a crowd will be camping out
    1. United Center neighborhood is worse than Wrigleyville. Whomever said Wrigley is worse must be in the wrong city. 

2. I wouldn’t sleep anywhere in the city. 

3. Please check with the UC if you do decide to camp out. You’ll need security. 

4. Look out for each other and keep each other safe. 

5. I live in the city and my neighbor is a cop. 
    Post edited by chuck nevitt on
  • Options
    vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 870
    edited April 2023
    on2legs said:

That was a joke (admittedly not a good one), which I stated in a follow up post.  
    Post edited by vedpunk on
  • Options
    vedpunkvedpunk Posts: 870
    edited April 2023
    pjl44 said:
    vedpunk said:
    pjl44 said:
    Hell yeah at least ONE of my favorite bands wants to come to the northeast in September

Wrong thread,  let it go. 
    I have fun. You post fake intel.

Just sharing what I’ve been told from credible industry sources/friends.  Plans do change, often quickly.  Technically this is a late summer tour and there is a shed :) You conveniently didn’t share any of the intel that I got right 🤔. I’ll be sure to keep all future intel to myself.  Anyway, enjoy the shows all that are lucky to go.
    Post edited by vedpunk on
  • Options
    wsimon74 said:
    pjruss said:
    I see lots of folks asking about the safety around the UC for walking to and from the shows. 

How’s the safety for the people that will be camping out there for a couple nights for GA (we all know this will be the case). 
    Lol. I can't speak for that specific neighborhood. But I've camped out on the sidewalk for Wrigley before. There were security guards and several other fans around, so it was pretty safe. However, some venues are now prohibiting people from lining up before a certain time on the day of the show. So it just depends on how cooperative they plan to be for this event.
    Not to quibble, but Wrigley and United are two completely different neighborhoods. I haven't been to United Center in a while, but from my recollection, you would be ok in the stadium area, but I wouldn't recommend wandering the neighborhood. 
    Quibble away. I've been to both UC and Wrigley many times. But I live 8 hours away, so I'm certainly no expert on the Chicago area. I was merely sharing my experience because someone else had previously mentioned that the Wrigley area is now more dangerous than the UC area. Also wanted to mention that the venue may provide security if they anticipate a crowd will be camping out
    1. United Center neighborhood is worse than Wrigleyville. Whomever said Wrigley is worse must be in the wrong city. 

I used to live about 4-5 blocks west of UC.  You don’t need security to hang out there.  There’s usually hardly anyone around the building and pre show it will be majority fans.

You say you wouldn’t sleep anywhere in the city, yet you live in it?
    Almost anywhere downtown is safe to stay, as safe as any major city.  Just use caution.

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
  • Options
    SomethingCreativeSomethingCreative Kazoo, MI Posts: 3,355
    JojoRice said:
    Friend of mine re-joined 10c a couple weeks ago and got a number in the 735k range.  Just gives you an idea of how high the numbers are now. 
    Holy crap.  That makes me feel pretty good about my 327k lol
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,783
    edited April 2023
    Kevinman said:

Radio tickets are usually a special/reserved supply not cutting into 10C/public supplies.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,535
    vedpunk said:
    pjl44 said:
    vedpunk said:
    pjl44 said:
    Hell yeah at least ONE of my favorite bands wants to come to the northeast in September

Just sharing what I’ve been told from credible industry sources/friends.  Plans do change, often quickly.  Technically this is a late summer tour and there is a shed :). I’ll keep future intel to myself.  Anyway, enjoy the shows all that are lucky to go.
    Haha. Yeah I hear ya, bud. My sources are not correct 100% of the time too. Happens. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Kevinman said:
    wsimon74 said:
    pjruss said:

I used to live about 4-5 blocks west of UC.  You don’t need security to hang out there.  There’s usually hardly anyone around the building and pre show it will be majority fans.

Almost anywhere downtown is safe to stay, as safe as any major city.  Just use caution.
    Sleep outside…not under a roof. See last weekends activities downtown. Like you said, use caution. 
  • Options
    steven87steven87 Posts: 1,335
    PSA- for those of you who want GA and are still confused about the whether to select (a) just “GA or Reserved” or (b) both “GA or Reserved” and also “Reserved,” 10c just sent me the following response:

“Sorry for the confusion. If you are looking to maximize your chances of getting in the building, we strongly encourage you to select both options. If you don't get GA, you will then be entered for reserved. Your odds do not decrease by selecting both. Hope this helps!”

So it sounds like if you want to maximize your chances of getting into the building, you should select both “GA or Reserved” also also “Reserved.”
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,473
    pjpitt89 said:
    I’m sure this has been discussed, but I let this thread breathe after the announcement. 

Who posted the inhaler pic days before? It didn’t even click in my head until an hour or two after the announcement 
    @Facemeltor who I have found is a poster to pay attention to 
  • Options
    Hopped UpHopped Up Posts: 224
    Kevinman said:
    wsimon74 said:
    pjruss said:

Sleeping overnight around the UC is not the same as lining up on a residential street behind Wrigley.  There is not housing around the UC, it's deserted at night, so there will either have to be security or more likely the UC will say no lining up until 6 am the morning of the show.  Not sure why anyone would stay over by the medical district.  The Hyatt House there used to be the county hospital and most everyone staying there will be visiting people in the hospital. There's a VA hospital, the county hospital, and Rush hospital nearby.  Not an awesome place to stay.  But if the earlier poster meant the Hyatt House West Loop/Fulton Market that's a great place (especially if you like higher end restaurants).  I guess some people are obsessed with spending all their time at the venue, but for anyone else, stay in the west Loop, the Loop, North Michigan Ave, etc.  The Madison bus (routes 19/20) are easy ways to get to and from the venue or the Green Line at Ashland is not a bad walk to the venue either.  If you want to stay in the hip parts of town (Wicker Park/Bucktown/Logan Square) the 50 Damen bus is easy to use to get to and from the venue.  
  • Options
    Hopped Up said:
    Kevinman said:
    wsimon74 said:
    pjruss said:

Sleeping overnight around the UC is not the same as lining up on a residential street behind Wrigley.  There is not housing around the UC, it's deserted at night, so there will either have to be security or more likely the UC will say no lining up until 6 am the morning of the show.  Not sure why anyone would stay over by the medical district.  The Hyatt House there used to be the county hospital and most everyone staying there will be visiting people in the hospital. There's a VA hospital, the county hospital, and Rush hospital nearby.  Not an awesome place to stay.  But if the earlier poster meant the Hyatt House West Loop/Fulton Market that's a great place (especially if you like higher end restaurants).  I guess some people are obsessed with spending all their time at the venue, but for anyone else, stay in the west Loop, the Loop, North Michigan Ave, etc.  The Madison bus (routes 19/20) are easy ways to get to and from the venue or the Green Line at Ashland is not a bad walk to the venue either.  If you want to stay in the hip parts of town (Wicker Park/Bucktown/Logan Square) the 50 Damen bus is easy to use to get to and from the venue.  
    Great summary/info.

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
  • Options
    Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 4,508
    vedpunk said:
    pjl44 said:
    vedpunk said:
    pjl44 said:

Just sharing what I’ve been told from credible industry sources/friends.  Plans do change, often quickly.  Technically this is a late summer tour and there is a shed :). I’ll keep future intel to myself.  Anyway, enjoy the shows all that are lucky to go.
    Haha. Yeah I hear ya, bud. My sources are not correct 100% of the time too. Happens. 
    You literally bragged about lying to us for kicks to your Philly buddies before you got spanked by Sea for intentionally spreading false info about PJ at CBP.

Here, have some receipts:

PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II, 05/16 & 05/18/24: Las Vegas I & II. Michael Jordan's #!

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, all of Vitalogy or Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways (full band), You Are (thank you, Vegas!), Bu$hleaguer, Inside Job (Vegas!), low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!
  • Options
    GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 10,222
    Hopped Up said:
    Kevinman said:
    wsimon74 said:
    pjruss said:

I have a reservation at both the Marriott UIC and the Hyatt House West Loop/Fulton Market. The Hyatt House is a few hundred dollars more for the same nights - but I will decide and then cancel one of them.

• Options
    Here is an example of a joke:

"Hey, guys. I heard from a guy who knows a guy who sells Jeff his hats that the boys are gonna play a 3-night stand in Hoboken! AND it's Riot Act each night in its entirety, BUT played by Dave Abbruzese sitting in! Etch it in Stone😎"

And here's an example of lying, just to stir the pot & get some laughs:

"I am hearing Citizens Bank Park shortly after Memorial Day. This is not a rumor, muchacho."
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II, 05/16 & 05/18/24: Las Vegas I & II. Michael Jordan's #!

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, all of Vitalogy or Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways (full band), You Are (thank you, Vegas!), Bu$hleaguer, Inside Job (Vegas!), low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,671
    Go Animal said:

"Hey, guys. I heard from a guy who knows a guy who sells Jeff his hats that the boys are gonna play a 3-night stand in Hoboken! AND it's Riot Act each night in its entirety, BUT played by Dave Abbruzese sitting in! Etch it in Stone😎"

"I am hearing Citizens Bank Park shortly after Memorial Day. This is not a rumor, muchacho."

mY jOkE wEnT oVeR eVeRyOnE's HeAd
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,535
    Go Animal said:

Honest question....will you ever recover this very traumatic event? How in the hell are you still saw worked up over this? It was like November.

I've been slinging sarcastic nonsense on these boards for 20+ years. I've even personally apologized to you in a dm over this bullshit. And you're still going on and on about it? You alright, man? 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Kevinman said:

Radio tickets are usually a special/reserved supply not cutting into 10C/public supplies.
    Completely understood, just don’t remember stations giving out tickets before they even went on sale.
    I never really paid attention though.

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
  • Options
    bmurray06bmurray06 Austin, Texas Posts: 143
    Are cowboy hats acceptable for the Texas shows? 
    Can't speak for fort worth. But haven't seen a cowboy hat at any rock show in Texas. Feel free to wear one at the broken spoke however!
  • Options

06.27.98  Alpine Valley
    10.08.00  Alpine Valley
    09.23.02  Chicago
    10.03.04  Grand Rapids
    10.05.05  Chicago
    07.19.13  Chicago
    10.17.14  Moline
    08.20.16  Chicago
    08.18.18  Chicago
    09.18.22  St. Louis
    09.05.23 Chicago
  • Options
    Go Animal said:

Honest question....will you ever recover this very traumatic event? How in the hell are you still saw worked up over this? It was like November.

I've been slinging sarcastic nonsense on these boards for 20+ years. I've even personally apologized to you in a dm over this bullshit. And you're still going on and on about it? You alright, man? 
    You didn't apologize. You said "no hard feelings?" Not good enough.

(Also, watch your mouth.)

More than one person booked (thank god) refundable hotels because you lied. Not joked, LIED about PJ playing a show at CBP in Philly.

That wasn't sarcasm. You did it because you wanted to see what people would do. You even bragged about it in the Philly thread. I've got the screenshots.

You owe me & the entire board a PUBLIC apology. Then, I'll let it go. 

Until then, your word is as good as mud around here.

• Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,473
    Go Animal said:
    vedpunk said:
    pjl44 said:
    vedpunk said:
    pjl44 said:

You literally bragged about lying to us for kicks to your Philly buddies before you got spanked by Sea for intentionally spreading false info about PJ at CBP.

Here, have some receipts:

Not shocked to see the bad info guys high fiving each other earlier. Will be fun once the 2024 Rumor thread gets cooking. Gotta keep a mental ledger of who typically comes with the good info and who is in it for attention and/or trolling.