Options

The Official 2023 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• Options
    CarryTheZeroCarryTheZero Posts: 2,506
    Who knows, but I feel like 10C gets all of the floor and the lower bowl? Anything that doesn’t go in the 10C presale gets out back in for the Verified Fan sale?
  • Options
    dmbolpdmbolp ATL Posts: 1,191
    EMizner said:
    Does anyone know what it means by "the majority of the tickets will go to Ten Club members"? Is that like 90% of the arena? 51%?
    It means that newer members are going to have bad seats, as it's followed up by this:

"In order to accommodate as many Ten Club members as we can, be aware Ten Club seated tickets will be spread farther back into the uppermost levels, and include some of the best seat locations in the house."
  • Options
    flanosmasseurflanosmasseur Posts: 217
    edited April 2023
    PJNB said:
    JimmyV said:
    Yes, you can participate in the verified fan sale after winning the 10c lottery. There is a four ticket limit for these shows and you can only win two through 10c, so you can buy two more through verified fan. 
    This plus it looks like VF sign up and lotto will be after we know our seats for 10C. That is great news for most of us trying to figure out what else we need to pick up in VF for tickets. 
    I went back and looked at my e-mails from 2020 and here was the timeline:
    1/15/20 - Submitted both 10C ticket request (GA and Reserved) and VF registration
    1/18/20 - Notified by Ticketstoday that I had scored 10C tickets for Nashville (but didn't specify GA or Reserved)
    1/22/20 - Notified I'd been selected for VF
    1/31/20 - Received word from Ticketstoday that I got reserved tickets (with Sec/Row/Seat #s listed)
    So, we will know IF we got selected for a particular venue before the VF sale starts...but, unless it's different this time, we won't know our exact ticket location, if chosen, until approximately two weeks later.
    Post edited by flanosmasseur on
    07/28/1992 - Cincinnati
    07/11/1998 - Las Vegas
    07/22/2006 - The Gorge
    04/26/2016 - Lexington
    08/08/2018 - Seattle
    08/10/2018 - Seattle
    08/20/2018 - Wrigley Field
    04/02/2020 - Nashville
    09/16/2022 - Nashville
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,502
    pjl44 said:
    PJNB said:
    JimmyV said:
    Yes, you can participate in the verified fan sale after winning the 10c lottery. There is a four ticket limit for these shows and you can only win two through 10c, so you can buy two more through verified fan. 
    This plus it looks like VF sign up and lotto will be after we know our seats for 10C. That is great news for most of us trying to figure out what else we need to pick up in VF for tickets. 
    You think everyone will just magically get VF access? 
    In 2022 I sent a picture of all my PJ vinyl all.my PJ ticket stubs.
    Still didn't get VF access.

What's  a fan to do?

The actual TM algorithm doesn't reward the true or long time fans. The algorithm recognizes that someone who buys alot of tickets (i.e. I've bought lots of Springsteen tickets over 95 shows) as a scalper.  That's why the label doesn't refer to real fans... just whomever is lucky enough to get name drawn. And yes, resellers get tix thru VF all the time
    I thought the algorithm was supposedly weighing the tickets you purchased, kept, and used vs. dinging you for volume. Not that I trust what they tell us on its face but...
    About 15 years ago, I created a new TM account with a new email that I use. I've bought a shit ton of tickets over the years (average 25-35 shows a year) yet I never get verified, always waitlisted. Just for the hell of it, I decided to resurrect my old TM account as I never deleted it, and still have access to that email account. I was verified for The Cure and another show a couple months ago, but declined on my main account.

I don't even have a cell phone associated with the old account - they have to email me a code. So I have no idea how the algorithm works.

One thing that really annoyed me, I did not end up getting verified for any PJ show last tour. Even though shows sold out but they kept dropping tix for MSG, I still was not allowed to buy because you needed a VF code. It's a total scam. Hoping for luck in 10c draw, but honestly not expecting anything. Did register for VF with my 2 accts as well as husband's acct.
    Yeesh. I've read enough anecdotes where I don't believe the VF system remotely works in practice how they tour it does.
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,537
    edited April 2023
    pjl44 said:
    PJNB said:
    JimmyV said:

What's  a fan to do?

The actual TM algorithm doesn't reward the true or long time fans. The algorithm recognizes that someone who buys alot of tickets (i.e. I've bought lots of Springsteen tickets over 95 shows) as a scalper.  That's why the label doesn't refer to real fans... just whomever is lucky enough to get name drawn. And yes, resellers get tix thru VF all the time
    I thought the algorithm was supposedly weighing the tickets you purchased, kept, and used vs. dinging you for volume. Not that I trust what they tell us on its face but...
    About 15 years ago, I created a new TM account with a new email that I use. I've bought a shit ton of tickets over the years (average 25-35 shows a year) yet I never get verified, always waitlisted. Just for the hell of it, I decided to resurrect my old TM account as I never deleted it, and still have access to that email account. I was verified for The Cure and another show a couple months ago, but declined on my main account.

I don't even have a cell phone associated with the old account - they have to email me a code. So I have no idea how the algorithm works.

One thing that really annoyed me, I did not end up getting verified for any PJ show last tour. Even though shows sold out but they kept dropping tix for MSG, I still was not allowed to buy because you needed a VF code. It's a total scam. Hoping for luck in 10c draw, but honestly not expecting anything. Did register for VF with my 2 accts as well as husband's acct.
    Yep... that's the truth about it... they never meant VF to benefit loyal longtime fans at all. A la Springsteen.. he does NOT CARE who is in the seats as long as they pay. PJ CARES by working to get "majority" into hands of the fans who pay to be in the 10C.
    HUUUUUUUGE benefit to 10c
  • Options
    Go BeaversGo Beavers Posts: 8,751
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    PJNB said:
    JimmyV said:

What's  a fan to do?

Yeesh. I've read enough anecdotes where I don't believe the VF system remotely works in practice how they tour it does.
    Isn’t just their way of gauging demand so they know how to price the premium tickets or whatever they’re called? 
  • Options
    JimmyV said:
    verceman said:
    Probably too much to ask, but can a 2023 tour ticket strategy thread be created? I log on here and see a few dozen new posts and think there may be an exciting new rumor, and nil.
    Only rumor left is the slim possibility of something, somehow in Philadelphia. Otherwise, it's likely what you see, what you get for 2023. 
    I don’t know how many people on here in are in the FB group. But somebody posted a pic they took with Mike McCready yesterday from RSD/Rockford show and said they asked him and if there are anymore touring plans for this year and he said what’s been announced is it from 2023, but a much bigger tour will happening next year, which kinda feeds into the new record rumors. So I would say at this point the Philadelphia/MIA Fest rumor is more than likely just a rumor. 
    "If you're like me, then you know me"

2006: Camden 1
    2008: Washington DC
    2009: Philly 1, Philly 2, Philly 3, Philly 4
    2013: Philly 1, Philly 2, Baltimore
    2016: Philly 1, Philly 2,
    2017: Temple of The Dog Philly 2
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 19,003
    JimmyV said:
    verceman said:
    Probably too much to ask, but can a 2023 tour ticket strategy thread be created? I log on here and see a few dozen new posts and think there may be an exciting new rumor, and nil.
    Only rumor left is the slim possibility of something, somehow in Philadelphia. Otherwise, it's likely what you see, what you get for 2023. 
    I don’t know how many people on here in are in the FB group. But somebody posted a pic they took with Mike McCready yesterday from RSD/Rockford show and said they asked him and if there are anymore touring plans for this year and he said what’s been announced is it from 2023, but a much bigger tour will happening next year, which kinda feeds into the new record rumors. So I would say at this point the Philadelphia/MIA Fest rumor is more than likely just a rumor. 
    Good intel, thanks. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    biz999biz999 Posts: 172
    I just f'ing realized MIA = Made In America and not Miami

I couldn't wrap my head around why they would possibly pop over to Southern Florida for this tour
  • Options
    Doug87Doug87 Posts: 442
    dmbolp said:
    EMizner said:
    Does anyone know what it means by "the majority of the tickets will go to Ten Club members"? Is that like 90% of the arena? 51%?
    It means that newer members are going to have bad seats, as it's followed up by this:

"In order to accommodate as many Ten Club members as we can, be aware Ten Club seated tickets will be spread farther back into the uppermost levels, and include some of the best seat locations in the house."
    I’m going to guess that Ten Club probably gets access to 65% of the ticket (splitting the guess of 60-70% range) with Chicago probably getting above that based on ability to sell the behind the stage seating.

Assuming that 65% goes to Ten Club and that 10% goes to PJ Premium. 

That leaves 25% of the venue for standard pricing for the public.

For United Center as an example, approximately 7K of the 23k is in the 300 level so just based on that math, I would expect that the vast majority of the Ten Club tickets will be Floor and Lowers with some in Club level and maybe the front of the 300 level.

For smaller venues like the Dickies arena and Moody, they would of course need to go into the upper levels if the allocations are 65% or so of the venue.
  • Options
    jh275312jh275312 Posts: 90
    FYI the last two times I saw them in St. Paul it was sold out behind the stage 
  • Options
    vercemanverceman Posts: 681
    JimmyV said:
    verceman said:
    Thanks for sharing 
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,537
    jh275312 said:
    That could def be dropped for sale closer to August
  • Options
    iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Rockford, IL Posts: 3,354
    jh275312 said:
    That could def be dropped for sale closer to August
    I feel that will happen for all the arena shows on this run
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,502
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:
    PJNB said:
    JimmyV said:

What's  a fan to do?

Isn’t just their way of gauging demand so they know how to price the premium tickets or whatever they’re called? 
    I hadn't thought about that but it's duplicitous enough to make total sense
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,605
    PJNB said:
    JimmyV said:

What's  a fan to do?

It was a joke
    Meant to show how absurd the whole VF thing is.
    I'm a veteran of 200+ Springsteen shows over 48 years. 100+ U2 shows over 40+ years and 100+ PJ shows over 30+ years and have never gotten  VF access.
    In the long run I haven't needed it.

But watch the pandemonium,  the complaining, and the conspiracy theories when people don't  get the tickets to the shows they want.
  • Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,687
    PJNB said:
    JimmyV said:

What's  a fan to do?

It was a joke
    Meant to show how absurd the whole VF thing is.
    I'm a veteran of 200+ Springsteen shows over 48 years. 100+ U2 shows over 40+ years and 100+ PJ shows over 30+ years and have never gotten  VF access.
    In the long run I haven't needed it.

But watch the pandemonium,  the complaining, and the conspiracy theories when people don't  get the tickets to the shows they want.
    Why even bother with VF when F2F is so accessible and more often than not fruitful.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    arwooten7arwooten7 Posts: 76
    I’ve tried to find a post about this but can someone explain what exactly F2F is? Is it something only 10c does or is it a larger Ticketmaster thing or another company??🤔 thanks in advance and sorry if I’m an idiot lol
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,072
    arwooten7 said:
    I’ve tried to find a post about this but can someone explain what exactly F2F is? Is it something only 10c does or is it a larger Ticketmaster thing or another company??🤔 thanks in advance and sorry if I’m an idiot lol
    TM runs it

For all shows not including Chicago we will have the opportunity in May to buy and sell tickets on the public sale page for each city on TM. It’s a race to the checkout when tickets drop.

• Options
    Manu117Manu117 Burlington VT Posts: 106
    Strangely enough I have tickets for a show at the Salt Shed in Chicago and the transfer option is disabled. Not sure how this specific venue is getting around the mysterious transfer law for IL, but there it is. 
  • Options
    RDC0369RDC0369 Louisiana Posts: 23
    Can anyone explain what the PJ premium tickets are please? 
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,682
    RDC0369 said:
    They go on sale as part of the general on-sale with premium pricing (i.e., more expensive).   If you purchase them just remember you can only resell them at the price you paid on F2F (so you could potentially get stuck with them if you can't go and there are plenty of available tickets on F2F later on at lower prices).  They are just regular tickets that are sold at pricing that reflects fair market value (no extra goodies like posters, early entry, etc....).  
  • Options
    RDC0369RDC0369 Louisiana Posts: 23
    RDC0369 said:
    They go on sale as part of the general on-sale with premium pricing (i.e., more expensive).   If you purchase them just remember you can only resell them at the price you paid on F2F (so you could potentially get stuck with them if you can't go and there are plenty of available tickets on F2F later on at lower prices).  They are just regular tickets that are sold at pricing that reflects fair market value (no extra goodies like posters, early entry, etc....).  
    Thank you! 
  • Options
    CO278952CO278952 Orlando, FL Posts: 1,273
    RDC0369 said:
    the pricing is also super volatile during the on-sale and will rapidly get more and more expensive as tickets are bought up in the first few minutes. 
    4.17.94 Paramount 9.28.96 Randall's Island 8.25.00 Jones Beach 4.28.03 Spectrum 7.5.03 Camden 7.6.03 Camden
    07.08.03 MSG 07.09.03 MSG 7.12.03 Hershey 7.14.03 Holmdel 6.12.08 Tampa 10.19.13 Brooklyn 4.11.16 Tampa
    5.1.16 MSG 5.2.16 MSG 8.7.16 Fenway 9.2.18 Fenway 9.4.18 Fenway 9.11.22 MSG 9.16.22 Nashville 9.18.23 Austin 9.19.23 Austin
  • Options
    arwooten7arwooten7 Posts: 76
    So let’s say I’m denied 10c tickets and VF tickets. What are the options then?? Only f2f in may?
  • Options
    tylermooretylermoore St. Joseph, MI Posts: 903
    Agreed about VF. Garbage. Trust F2F. It did wonders for me in Cali last year. Even my buddy upgraded our Nashville tickets F2F. Always nice to score with 10c, but if I miss out I’ll do F2F no problem, even if it’s the day before the show 
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 2,012
    edited April 2023
    arwooten7 said:
    So let’s say I’m denied 10c tickets and VF tickets. What are the options then?? Only f2f in may?
    Yeah F2F starts sometime in May and goes until the day of the show.
  • Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,819
    RDC0369 said:
    Free market tickets.  The higher the demand , the more expensive they will be.  
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,898
    Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think for the west coast 2022 tour, F2F opened super-late because some of the shows were not selling well. That really screwed people who were holding mediocre seats.
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,293
    Does anyone know if entering the lottery for a single instead of a pair improves your odds?

I am assuming that they do the normal lottery draw with everyone one in the pool of possible winners.  Would they possible go back and then “fill in the gaps” by drawing again from the pool of people who only posted for singles?