Options

The Official 2023 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,537
    PJ-Cubs said:
    Does anyone know if entering the lottery for a single instit.ead of a pair improves your odds?

I am assuming that they do the normal lottery draw with everyone one in the pool of possible winners.  Would they possible go back and then “fill in the gaps” by drawing again from the pool of people who only posted for singles?
    It does not.... that has been stated few times in instruction 
  • Options
    CO278952CO278952 Orlando, FL Posts: 1,273
    hoping no one is left unfulfilled this week! best of luck to you all
    4.17.94 Paramount 9.28.96 Randall's Island 8.25.00 Jones Beach 4.28.03 Spectrum 7.5.03 Camden 7.6.03 Camden
    07.08.03 MSG 07.09.03 MSG 7.12.03 Hershey 7.14.03 Holmdel 6.12.08 Tampa 10.19.13 Brooklyn 4.11.16 Tampa
    5.1.16 MSG 5.2.16 MSG 8.7.16 Fenway 9.2.18 Fenway 9.4.18 Fenway 9.11.22 MSG 9.16.22 Nashville 9.18.23 Austin 9.19.23 Austin
  • Options
    washed in blackwashed in black Posts: 840
    edited April 2023

100 Pacer said:
    PJNB said:
    JimmyV said:
    Yes, you can participate in the verified fan sale after winning the 10c lottery. There is a four ticket limit for these shows and you can only win two through 10c, so you can buy two more through verified fan. 
    This plus it looks like VF sign up and lotto will be after we know our seats for 10C. That is great news for most of us trying to figure out what else we need to pick up in VF for tickets. 
    You think everyone will just magically get VF access? 
    In 2022 I sent a picture of all my PJ vinyl all.my PJ ticket stubs.
    Still didn't get VF access.

What's  a fan to do?

The actual TM algorithm doesn't reward the true or long time fans. The algorithm recognizes that someone who buys alot of tickets (i.e. I've bought lots of Springsteen tickets over 95 shows) as a scalper.  That's why the label doesn't refer to real fans... just whomever is lucky enough to get name drawn. And yes, resellers get tix thru VF all the time
    It was a joke
    Meant to show how absurd the whole VF thing is.
    I'm a veteran of 200+ Springsteen shows over 48 years. 100+ U2 shows over 40+ years and 100+ PJ shows over 30+ years and have never gotten  VF access.
    In the long run I haven't needed it.

But watch the pandemonium,  the complaining, and the conspiracy theories when people don't  get the tickets to the shows they want.
    Why even bother with VF when F2F is so accessible and more often than not fruitful.
    I guess you weren't trying for Baltimore??? That was exponentially worse than F5
    2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy

• Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,605
    100 Pacer said:
    PJNB said:
    JimmyV said:
    Yes, you can participate in the verified fan sale after winning the 10c lottery. There is a four ticket limit for these shows and you can only win two through 10c, so you can buy two more through verified fan. 
    This plus it looks like VF sign up and lotto will be after we know our seats for 10C. That is great news for most of us trying to figure out what else we need to pick up in VF for tickets. 

What's  a fan to do?

The actual TM algorithm doesn't reward the true or long time fans. The algorithm recognizes that someone who buys alot of tickets (i.e. I've bought lots of Springsteen tickets over 95 shows) as a scalper.  That's why the label doesn't refer to real fans... just whomever is lucky enough to get name drawn. And yes, resellers get tix thru VF all the time
    It was a joke
    I'm a veteran of 200+ Springsteen shows over 48 years. 100+ U2 shows over 40+ years and 100+ PJ shows over 30+ years and have never gotten  VF access.

But watch the pandemonium,  the complaining, and the conspiracy theories when people don't  get the tickets to the shows they want.
    Why even bother with VF when F2F is so accessible and more often than not fruitful.
    I use TM for drops as shows approach.
    Patience has its rewards
  • Options
    iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Rockford, IL Posts: 3,354
    100 Pacer said:
    PJNB said:
    JimmyV said:

What's  a fan to do?

It was a joke

I use TM for drops as shows approach.
    Patience has its rewards
    Patience is the best strategy
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• Options
    craigraethercraigraether Posts: 1,249
    PJ-Cubs said:
    Does anyone know if entering the lottery for a single instead of a pair improves your odds?

I am assuming that they do the normal lottery draw with everyone one in the pool of possible winners.  Would they possible go back and then “fill in the gaps” by drawing again from the pool of people who only posted for singles?
    It only improves the odds of the next guy in line.. as still tickets available,.. but no it doesn't improve your odds

• Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,785
    PJ-Cubs said:
    Does anyone know if entering the lottery for a single instead of a pair improves your odds?

My guess:

Two singles with close numbers (565122 and 566199) may get paired together. You've also got some rows with an odd number of seats that they'll fill.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,072
    Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think for the west coast 2022 tour, F2F opened super-late because some of the shows were not selling well. That really screwed people who were holding mediocre seats.
    Ya that happened but I feel there was still a good amount of time to get tickets. 

We are guaranteed 3 plus months this time which will be great and also aggravating lol. 
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,898
    edited April 2023
    PJNB said:
    Someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think for the west coast 2022 tour, F2F opened super-late because some of the shows were not selling well. That really screwed people who were holding mediocre seats.
    Ya that happened but I feel there was still a good amount of time to get tickets. 

We are guaranteed 3 plus months this time which will be great and also aggravating lol. 
    Yeah, plenty of time to GET tickets on that leg, but it screwed some sellers.
    Oh, where is the 3-month guarantee on F2F from?  I missed that, but great news.

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    edited April 2023
    PJNB said:

They said sometime in May it would open up in the timeline news article.  So worse case is 3 months if they stick to that. 
    Post edited by PJNB on
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:

They said sometime in May it would open up so worse case is 3 months if they stick to that. 
    Cool. I haven't seen that anywhere.

Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:

They said sometime in May it would open up so worse case is 3 months if they stick to that. 

https://pearljam.com/ten-club/event/pearl-jam-2023-us-tour-presale-timeline
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:

https://pearljam.com/ten-club/event/pearl-jam-2023-us-tour-presale-timeline
    Thanks bud. Good luck tomorrow!

• Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,687

100 Pacer said:
    PJNB said:
    JimmyV said:

What's  a fan to do?

It was a joke

I guess you weren't trying for Baltimore??? That was exponentially worse than F5
    Emphasis on more often than not.
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    edited April 2023
    Doug87 said:
    dmbolp said:
    EMizner said:
    Does anyone know what it means by "the majority of the tickets will go to Ten Club members"? Is that like 90% of the arena? 51%?
    It means that newer members are going to have bad seats, as it's followed up by this:

"In order to accommodate as many Ten Club members as we can, be aware Ten Club seated tickets will be spread farther back into the uppermost levels, and include some of the best seat locations in the house."
    I’m going to guess that Ten Club probably gets access to 65% of the ticket (splitting the guess of 60-70% range) with Chicago probably getting above that based on ability to sell the behind the stage seating.

Assuming that 65% goes to Ten Club and that 10% goes to PJ Premium. 

That leaves 25% of the venue for standard pricing for the public.

I'm guessing that 10% was allocated from the Ten Club pile.. 
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• Options
    arwooten7arwooten7 Posts: 76
    I read the results of the lottery will be emailed on mon and tues.. but everyone here and at Reddit is saying tomorrow. Does anybody have experience with this? Does everyone pretty much get the results the first day?
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 19,003
    arwooten7 said:
    I read the results of the lottery will be emailed on mon and tues.. but everyone here and at Reddit is saying tomorrow. Does anybody have experience with this? Does everyone pretty much get the results the first day?
    Not the first day for everyone usually, but usually there are more shows, too. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    edited April 2023
    JimmyV said:
    arwooten7 said:
    Not the first day for everyone usually, but usually there are more shows, too. 
    yeah,,, won't take long for the computer to spit out 9 shows... in the past its took a couple days.... 

also...No Odds this time? 
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• Options
    Hagrid7575Hagrid7575 Posts: 183
    So when should we expect the emails to start rolling out tomorrow and then Tuesday? 

And apologies if this has been answered already 
  • Options
    So when should we expect the emails to start rolling out tomorrow and then Tuesday? 

Between 1pm and 5pm eastern if I remember correctly.
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,785
    Good luck everyone!
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    Good luck everyone! Let's play lotto!
    2003 Spectrum, Camden 2, Holmdel 2004 Reading, PA 2005 Philly 2006 Hartford, Camden 1&2, E. Rutherford 1&2 2008 Camden 1&2, MSG 1&2  2009 Spectrum 1,2,3,4  2010 Hartford, Newark, MSG 1&2 2013 Wrigley, Pittsburgh, Brooklyn 1&2, Philly 1&2,  Baltimore 2014 Leeds, Cincinnati  2015 GCF  2016 Sunrise, Miami, Hampton, Philly 1&2, MSG 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2017 RHoF Induction 2018 Seattle 1&2 Fenway 1&2 2021 Sea Hear Now 2022 Hamilton, Toronto, MSG, Camden 2023 Indy

• Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,530
    They will probably start with St Paul 1 and go from there show by show, half or so tomorrow and the rest on Tues.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    CO278952CO278952 Orlando, FL Posts: 1,273
    Ten Club Members-Only Ticket Registration is now closed.
    4.17.94 Paramount 9.28.96 Randall's Island 8.25.00 Jones Beach 4.28.03 Spectrum 7.5.03 Camden 7.6.03 Camden
    07.08.03 MSG 07.09.03 MSG 7.12.03 Hershey 7.14.03 Holmdel 6.12.08 Tampa 10.19.13 Brooklyn 4.11.16 Tampa
    5.1.16 MSG 5.2.16 MSG 8.7.16 Fenway 9.2.18 Fenway 9.4.18 Fenway 9.11.22 MSG 9.16.22 Nashville 9.18.23 Austin 9.19.23 Austin
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 2,012

A lot of times, your first clue might be your phone dinging you to alert you to a charge to your credit card. If you have it set up to do that as many do. 
  • Options
    3days3days Posts: 1,152
    T'was the night before tickets... Good luck everybody!
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,530
    CO278952 said:
    Ten Club Members-Only Ticket Registration is now closed.
    Good luck to everyone.  It’s a great thing that this exists.  Early 90s magic better than ever well into the 2020s.  Hope everyone who wants to gets to see at least one show.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    Good luck! 
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,537
    Is it time to close this thread? 
  • Options
    lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,192
    Is it time to close this thread? 
    Yep

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

2024- Baltimore