Options

The Official 2023 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• Options
    evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,869
    I know music is subjective, but how are these guys popular?
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,598
    EMizner said:
    jwhjr17 said:
    93x has a major concert announcement tomorrow
    It's going to be Greta Van Fleet.  Just got an email from them announcing their tour.

It looks like he is wearing bedazzled lederhosen.
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,887
    JimmyV said:
    I know it is a haul from Minnesota, but this page has been recently updated and is collecting emails before announcing. It didn't look like this a few days ago. 

https://www.madeinamericafest.com/

Made in America festival has not had rock bands for years now. So unless they are drastically changing things, would not read anything into it. 
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,473
    They have a distinct Led Zeppelin vibe and people like that
  • Options
    logan5ivelogan5ive Dallas, TX Posts: 469
    So has the 4/20 ticket sale date been debunked? Or was that an announcement rumor?
    That's the date I heard for onsale for Ft Worth. Not sure if that's general or fan club. At this point I'm thinking it's fan club and that we'll get the tour announcement on 4/20 as well. Unless things have changed.
    1993 - Dallas ~~~ 1995 - Red Rocks I & II | Austin ~~~ 1998 - St Louis | Kansas City | Dallas | Raleigh | Atlanta | Birmingham | Greenville | Knoxville | Virginia Beach ~~~ 2000 - New Orleans | Memphis | Nashville | Noblesville | Cincinnati | Columbus | Houston I & II | Dallas | Las Vegas | LA | San Diego | San Bernardino | Sacramento | San Francisco ~~~ 2003 - OKC | San Antonio | Houston | Dallas | Little Rock | Camden I & II | MSG I & II ~~~ 2004 - Boston I & II | St Louis ~~~ 2005 - Gorge | Vancouver | Kitchener | London | Hamilton ~~~ 2006 - Las Vegas | Gorge I & II | Honolulu ~~~ 2008 - MSG I & II ~~~ 2009 - Seattle I & II | Vancouver | Portland | ACL | Philly I-IV ~~~ 2010 - Kansas City | St Louis ~~~ 2011 - PJ20 I & II ~~~ 2013 - Wrigley | Dallas | OKC ~~~ 2014 - ACL I | Tulsa | Moline | St Paul | Milwaukee | Denver ~~~ 2022 - OKC ~~~ 2023 - FW I & II | Austin I & II ~~~ 2024* - Seattle I & II | Wrigley I & II
    [82*]
  • Options
    JD87070JD87070 Posts: 165
    edited April 2023
    EMizner said:
    jwhjr17 said:
    It's going to be Greta Van Fleet.  Just got an email from them announcing their tour.

They are from Frankenmuth (aka Little Bavaria), so that wouldn’t be much of a stretch actually.
  • Options
    tylermooretylermoore St. Joseph, MI Posts: 903
    Jeez even that poster of them makes me cringe. How do people like them 🤷‍♂️ Great thing about an opinion is no one is right, but oof 
  • Options
    Doug87Doug87 Posts: 442
    edited April 2023
    logan5ive said:
    So has the 4/20 ticket sale date been debunked? Or was that an announcement rumor?
    That's the date I heard for onsale for Ft Worth. Not sure if that's general or fan club. At this point I'm thinking it's fan club and that we'll get the tour announcement on 4/20 as well. Unless things have changed.
    I went back to see what the timeline was from 2020,  it looks like was announced on a Monday and Verified Fan registration was basically a 2 - 3 day window with it closing on Wednesday at end of day.

If that's the case, I'm going to guess that if 4/20 is intended ticket sales related date (since not clear what specifically), it's likely the date of the announcement, open of registeration for Verified Fan, and open of 10 Club request period with Verified Fan registration and maybe even 10 Club request period likely closing on Saturday April 22nd or Sunday April 23rd.

Link to 2020 Details - https://www.paycomcenter.com/news/detail/pearl-jam-north-american-spring-tour-dates
  • Options
    JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,598
    JD87070 said:
    EMizner said:
    jwhjr17 said:

They are from Frankenmuth (aka Little Bavaria), so that wouldn’t be much of a stretch actually.
    That makes sense then, who doesn't love a good Oktoberfest? 
  • Options
    coco buttercoco butter Posts: 1,438
    Doug87 said:
    logan5ive said:
    If that's the case, I'm going to guess that if 4/20 is intended ticket sales related date (since not clear what specifically), it's likely the date of the announcement, open of registeration for Verified Fan, and open of 10 Club request period with Verified Fan registration and maybe even 10 Club request period likely closing on Saturday April 22nd or Sunday April 23rd.

;)  
    Do you know what it's like to fall in the mud and get kicked... in the head... with an iron boot? Of course you don't, no one does. It never happens. Sorry, Ted, that's a dumb question... skip that.
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,399
    Alive and Evenflow were big hits in the early 90's.  ;)
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    JD87070JD87070 Posts: 165
    Jeez even that poster of them makes me cringe. How do people like them 🤷‍♂️ Great thing about an opinion is no one is right, but oof 
    Oh, and btw, their core audience is teenage girls. Somehow they tapped into that demographic, which is how they can fill arenas with suspect talent*.

*-musically they aren’t all that bad, just not very creative and mostly rehashing music (often lick for lick) from the ‘70s.
  • Options
    LaFleurLaFleur Posts: 806
    edited April 2023
    edit - NM, i dreamed that up. 
    Post edited by LaFleur on
    Barrie - '98
    Toronto - '96, '00, '03, '05, '06, '16, '20, '22
    Ottawa - '16, '20, '22
    Hamilton - '20, '22
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 13,065
    LaFleur said:
    PJNB said:

Thought you, rather confidently yesterday, purported that today was the day? ;)
    Pretty sure you can't prove that :wink:
  • Options
    mrezoocmrezooc Posts: 143
    I would expect they announce earth day (April 22nd) and hint a new album. 
  • Options
    Just happy they didnt announce today..... on tax day.  Im broke!  Although if its in two days im not sure ill be in a better financial spot.
    2003 - Houston, Dallas, San Antonio | 2006 - Bridge School, Las Vegas, San Fran(x3) | 2008 - EV Santa Cruz, Berkeley, MSG 2
    2010 - Bridge School | 2012 - EV Austin | 2013 - Dallas | 2018 - Rome | 2022 - Oakland Night 1
  • Options
    estarr31estarr31 Posts: 574
    Just happy they didnt announce today..... on tax day.  Im broke!  Although if its in two days im not sure ill be in a better financial spot.
    still a few hours to go
    Mansfield 6/30/08 -  Wrigley Field 7/14/13 -  Worcester I 10/15/13 -  Global Citizen 9/26/15 -  MSG II 5/2/16 -  Fenway I 8/5/16 -  Fenway II 8/7/16 -  Fenway II 9/4/18 - LA I 5/6/22 - LA II 5/7/22 - MSG 9/11/22 - Nashville 9/16/22 - St. Paul I and II 8/31/23-9/2/23
  • Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,806

• Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,598
    I know I'm an old fart but their show at B&B last year sounded like the same song for 75 minutes.

Tried a little too hard to channel Robert Plant.
    As in people in the audience were laughing.

• Options
    tschav said:

Hahahahaha Damnit!  Stone saw his shadow.
    2003 - Houston, Dallas, San Antonio | 2006 - Bridge School, Las Vegas, San Fran(x3) | 2008 - EV Santa Cruz, Berkeley, MSG 2
    2010 - Bridge School | 2012 - EV Austin | 2013 - Dallas | 2018 - Rome | 2022 - Oakland Night 1
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 4,090
    tschav said:

Best one yet!
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,194
    I know I'm an old fart but their show at B&B last year sounded like the same song for 75 minutes.

Tried a little too hard to channel Robert Plant.
    As in people in the audience were laughing.

I went in curious and hopeful...after listening to them I was hoping to never hear them again.  It was the same for everyone with me.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    GibsonGibson Toronto Posts: 2,580
    Led Zeppelin lite. 1/2 the calories, 1/3 the taste, 2x the price.
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024: Seattle 1&2,

• Options
    anakin_pdxanakin_pdx Posts: 390
    Kwieneke said:
    While not major to some, Greta Van Fleet is announcing their tour tomorrow I believe 
    If there’s one band I could pay to never hear from again, it would probably be them... I’m sorry, I just can not handle them 
    Agree.  Love Zeppelin, and when they started kind of dug it.  Saw them at a small venue in Portland (500 capacity or so) when they only had their EP released.  Show was not good.  Granted they were younger and just starting, but between all the solos they did to fill time, I just didn't feel anything from them and was left with a bad taste.  
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,409
    I feel I'm on the opposite side of the Spectrum.  I've enjoyed Greta Van Fleet.  I've been listening to them since they released the double EP (From the Fires).   I don't really care for most modern rock music.  Most if sounds bland, overproduced and lacks soul.   You can't really tell one singer from another, and they bury the vocals behind the instruments.

I dunno. I love 70s rock.  So Great Van Fleet kind of scratches that itch.  I know there's been a few bands over the years that have been billed as sort of sounding like Zeppelin.    Sure the singer sounds like Robert Plant, but at least the singer sounds like something :)

I got to see them do a bar show in Toronto (Rebel Nightclub) in 2018.  It was a pretty good show.  They only had the double EP at the time, with their first full album getting close to coming out.   My only complaint about the show was that it was short (but what do you when you only have so many songs).

I guess I'll be the contrarian on this thread.  I don't listen to too many modern rock bands, but I quite like Greta Van Fleet :)
  • Options
    LaFleurLaFleur Posts: 806

Trippy Clock Countdown GIF  GIFDBcom
    Barrie - '98
    Toronto - '96, '00, '03, '05, '06, '16, '20, '22
    Ottawa - '16, '20, '22
    Hamilton - '20, '22
  • Options
    aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,295
    Zod said:
    I feel I'm on the opposite side of the Spectrum.  I've enjoyed Greta Van Fleet.  I've been listening to them since they released the double EP (From the Fires).   I don't really care for most modern rock music.  Most if sounds bland, overproduced and lacks soul.   You can't really tell one singer from another, and they bury the vocals behind the instruments.

I dunno. I love 70s rock.  So Great Van Fleet kind of scratches that itch.  I know there's been a few bands over the years that have been billed as sort of sounding like Zeppelin.    Sure the singer sounds like Robert Plant, but at least the singer sounds like something :)

I got to see them do a bar show in Toronto (Rebel Nightclub) in 2018.  It was a pretty good show.  They only had the double EP at the time, with their first full album getting close to coming out.   My only complaint about the show was that it was short (but what do you when you only have so many songs).

I guess I'll be the contrarian on this thread.  I don't listen to too many modern rock bands, but I quite like Greta Van Fleet :)
    Well, the good news is, you'll have another chance to see them when you're in St Paul for PJ. ;)
  • Options
    big dipper ice creambig dipper ice cream malt-hop epicenter Posts: 2,595
    tour annoucements are not released by ten club at 10:00 AM. last few tour annoucements were early morning EST.  i like the spiralling clock

2024..........ANCHORAGE-FAIRBANKS-VANCOUVER-SEATTLE-PORTLAND-BOISE-SLC-MISSOULA

• Options
    kmcmanuskmcmanus Posts: 683
    tour annoucements are not released by ten club at 10:00 AM. last few tour annoucements were early morning EST.  i like the spiralling clock
    ‘22 was 1:00 pm eastern on Mar 14
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 19,001
    It's European tours that announce early. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."