Options

The Official 2023 Tour Rumor Thread

Comments

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 19,002
    Made In America tickets just went on sale. No lineup announcement yet. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,417
    JimmyV said:
    I like Pearl Jam and am curious about their rumored but not yet announced 2023 tour. I may be in the wrong place. 

Have you tried the "summary of the 2023 rumor thread" thread?
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options
    kmcmanuskmcmanus Posts: 683
    Can I start the 2024 rumour thread? 
    Please do. It doesn’t look like I’m seeing them in ‘23 and I could use a shot of hope
  • Options
    onemorshowonemorshow Posts: 399
    I must be really old because until today I thought Greta Van Fleet was that lady on the cable news stations. 

• Options
    curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,417
    ZoSoTim said:
    GVF is a joke. The singer doesn't even sing, he just wails incoherently. And his stage presence is awful. They have talent but it is going to waste. Bands like Rival Sons and Dirty Honey are 1,000 times better.
    All of this is probably even an understatement regarding GVF.  When they opened for Metallica we just left. Not even a smoker anymore but 2nd hand smoke and hanging with the fun people was the better option then subjecting our ears to risk of hearing loss for that noise.  Absolutely one of the worst bands to ever grace the planet.  

So, basically, they're the 21st-century version of Ready For The World. Good to know!
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options
    estarr31estarr31 Posts: 574
    oh I thought this was the Play Alaska thread
    Mansfield 6/30/08 -  Wrigley Field 7/14/13 -  Worcester I 10/15/13 -  Global Citizen 9/26/15 -  MSG II 5/2/16 -  Fenway I 8/5/16 -  Fenway II 8/7/16 -  Fenway II 9/4/18 - LA I 5/6/22 - LA II 5/7/22 - MSG 9/11/22 - Nashville 9/16/22 - St. Paul I and II 8/31/23-9/2/23
  • Options
    jamofpearlsjamofpearls Florence, AL Posts: 347
    I must be in the minority, cause I had fun listening to GVF at B&B. I was past the crowd, chilling on a blanket. Excited to see them again at Shaky Knees next month. 
    98-Birmingham, 00-Nashville, 03-Nashville, 12-Atlanta, 14-Memphis, 16-New Orleans, 18-Amsterdam, Night 1 & 2, 18-Seattle Night 2, 21-New Jersey, 22-Imola, 22-Nashville, 22-Louisville
    Ed Solo: 17-Louisville
  • Options
    I must be really old because until today I thought Greta Van Fleet was that lady on the cable news stations. 

Is saw her open for Cold Play once. She was on fire! 
  • Options
    euchrideuchrid Posts: 840
    Kearn5y said:
    Or continue the 2023 thread since its all about GVF
    Oh I’m not putting an end to this thread. This thread should exist. 
    do it :)
  • Options
    SB117186SB117186 Posts: 346

Greta!
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,606
    on2legs said:
    PJINFLA said:
    Zod said:
    I feel I'm on the opposite side of the Spectrum.  I've enjoyed Greta Van Fleet.  I've been listening to them since they released the double EP (From the Fires).   I don't really care for most modern rock music.  Most if sounds bland, overproduced and lacks soul.   You can't really tell one singer from another, and they bury the vocals behind the instruments.

I dunno. I love 70s rock.  So Great Van Fleet kind of scratches that itch.  I know there's been a few bands over the years that have been billed as sort of sounding like Zeppelin.    Sure the singer sounds like Robert Plant, but at least the singer sounds like something :)

I got to see them do a bar show in Toronto (Rebel Nightclub) in 2018.  It was a pretty good show.  They only had the double EP at the time, with their first full album getting close to coming out.   My only complaint about the show was that it was short (but what do you when you only have so many songs).

I guess I'll be the contrarian on this thread.  I don't listen to too many modern rock bands, but I quite like Greta Van Fleet :)
    I agree I have been a fan since I first heard them. Seen them 4 times and enjoy the 70's sound. Great up and coming band.  At their shows it's been cool to see the younger crowd enjoying live rock music instead the other garbage that is out there. Of course as usual the haters are going to hate.
    Music is all subjective of course, but the fact that they are ripping off Zep's sound is a pretty legitimate critique. 
    I'm not a GVF fan, but it seems ironic to be criticizing them for ripping off Led Zeppelin when so much of the Zep catalog was lifted from other artists. 

I've heard critiques of LZ having ripped off other artists with some songs, but did they build their entire brand off of sounding like another act? 

GVF reminds me of Godsmack who started as an AIC cover band, or Creed or any other band that seemed to simply imitate another band's sound... it feels gimmicky, like Wolfmother. 

I guess someone could argue that Zep's brand was a blues heavy rock band whose sound borrowed extensively from guys like Willie Dixon, Robert Johnson and many others.  Not to mention a long history of "borrowing" lyrics and riffs without crediting the original artists.  I'm not running down Led Zeppelin... they're a great band.  It's just ironic that another band came along and "borrowed" their sound. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,679
    ^nice
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    2024: Las Vegas I / Las Vegas II / New York City I / New York City II / Philly I / Philly II / Baltimore
  • Options
    evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,869
    The announcement for the 2023 tour will be made in 2024.
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
  • Options
    bobby dazzlersbobby dazzlers Posts: 2,017
    2023 tour merch - You all have survived every day and probably not once thought about how much better your life would be with X city 2023 poster and sticker.   Now, knowing this, think about going to a Pearl Jam concert and sleeping in until 10am on show day, walking around the city, grabbing lunch, dinner and a few brews, and then heading into the show with no bag of merch or poster tube that you are watching like a hawk so it doesn't get stolen or damaged.    It is liberating.  
    I like the cut of your jib.
    Except for the getting up at 10am...might miss out on the cheapy breakfast and the Jimmy Dean microwaveables !
    That I no longer give a fuck
    Who is wrong and who’s right
  • Options
    kmcmanuskmcmanus Posts: 683
    I mean, if Sting can sell 9/17 tix on 9/20 then why not?
  • Options
    ddeschlerddeschler Posts: 635
    Really thought today was the day.  But I guess it could be anytime between now and Memorial Day.  That Santos post is still confusing me, as far as a timeline.
    I've seen quite a few Pearl Jam shows.
  • Options
    Doug87Doug87 Posts: 442
    edited April 2023
    JimmyV said:
    Perhaps Made in America and Pearl Jam announcement are related with Pearl Jam playing on the 3rd.

I admit the timing is a challenge and there hasn’t been a rock band in awhile there, but seems strange that announcement could be coming this week and Made in America starting early bird sale same week prior to an actual announcement.

could be a reason as to why they haven’t quite announced the tour just yet.

Time will tell.

could definitely see Made in America lineup being dropped on 4/20 since they just started this “while supplies last” early bird sale.
    Post edited by Doug87 on
  • Options
    Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 4,515
    I'm down with it!
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II, 05/16 & 05/18/24: Las Vegas I & II. Michael Jordan's #!

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, all of Vitalogy or Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways (full band), You Are (thank you, Vegas!), Bu$hleaguer, Inside Job (Vegas!), low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!
  • Options
    bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,933
    18 days ago it was a good day to be a 10C member. 
  • Options
    MakeUSmileMakeUSmile NJ Posts: 1,069
    bbiggs said:
    Lol.  I have fond memories of that day. 
    can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain?
  • Options
    YourDirtisMyfoodYourDirtisMyfood Boston Posts: 4,535
    The tour announcement will be in the new edition of Deep magazine.
  • Options
    iOnlyownMymindiOnlyownMymind Posts: 2,616
    Ooh, like the Xmas singles? Sweet!
  • Options
    DEGBTIDEGBTI san diego Posts: 937
    PJNB said:
    DEGBTI said:
    tour annoucements are not released by ten club at 10:00 AM. last few tour annoucements were early morning EST.  i like the spiralling clock
    this is true. Im on the west coast and recall waking up and seeing an announcement before the sunrise the last couple tours
    That’s for Europe. 
    Copy that, now that I think about it it was, lol
  • Options
    aisleseatsaisleseats Posts: 1,297
    Doug87 said:
    JimmyV said:
    Perhaps Made in America and Pearl Jam announcement are related with Pearl Jam playing on the 3rd.

I admit the timing is a challenge and there hasn’t been a rock band in awhile there, but seems strange that announcement could be coming this week and Made in America starting early bird sale same week prior to an actual announcement.

could be a reason as to why they haven’t quite announced the tour just yet.

Time will tell.

could definitely see Made in America lineup being dropped on 4/20 since they just started this “while supplies last” early bird sale.
    A lot of fests drop early bird tickets several weeks (sometimes months) before they drop the lineup. Let's hope that either PJ isn't playing, or that isn't the case with this fest.
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,521
    Well if this is what they’re waiting for here’s some good news.

PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    jimjam1982jimjam1982 AZ Posts: 1,330
    bbiggs said:
    Today is a pretty good day to be a 10c member. We have posting priveleges!
  • Options
    kypjfankypjfan Northern Kentucky Posts: 30
    I must be in the minority, cause I had fun listening to GVF at B&B. I was past the crowd, chilling on a blanket. Excited to see them again at Shaky Knees next month. 
    I was really looking forward to hearing GVF at B&B, and could not have been more unimpressed.  Plus they went long, which took time away from PJ.  If you look at the setlist, we missed Unthought Known because of that!  GVF, know your place . . . you will simply be a footnote in years to come.  Just be happy you were at the same festival - do a great set and get off the stage early!
    Louisville - 2022                                                Nashville - 2022
    Dana Point - 2021                                             Chicago - 2018
    Lexington - 2016                                               Cincinnati - 2014
    Chicago - 2011 (EV solo)                                  Indy - 2010
    Chicago - 2009                                                 Gorge - 2006
    Portland - 2006                                                 Cincinnati - 2006
    Kitchener - 2005                                               Toledo - 2004
    Santa Barbara - 2003                                       MSG - 2003
    Lexington - 2003                                               Chicago - 2000
    Cincinnati - 2000                                               Indy - 1998
                                            Toledo - 1996
  • Options
    I have it on a good source that PJ is in the Made in America festival. Not sure what day. Lineup will be announced within a week 
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,536
    I have it on a good source that PJ is in the Made in America festival. Not sure what day. Lineup will be announced within a week 
    If so that's fine and confirms I will not be in Philly... thanks
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,412
    kypjfan said:
    I was really looking forward to hearing GVF at B&B, and could not have been more unimpressed.  Plus they went long, which took time away from PJ.  If you look at the setlist, we missed Unthought Known because of that!  GVF, know your place . . . you will simply be a footnote in years to come.  Just be happy you were at the same festival - do a great set and get off the stage early!
    I mean, for me to enjoy a concert I need to know the songs.  If I go see a band I'm not familiar with the catalog it all sounds the same to me, and I'm less than impressed.  I think as a result, its really hard for opening bands to impress me. One because everyone is there to see the headliner, and two because I'm often not familiar enough with the catalog.  I made a rule years ago to never judge a band unless I'm seeing them as a headliner.    That being said the rate times an opener has blown my mind (P

Also not sure if Greta Van Fleet will be a footnote.   They've advanced to arena level status.    Our bands are going to age out over the next 10 to 20 years.  If I still want to see an arena level rock concert when I'm in my 60's, i'm going to have limited options.

Feels like GVT is getting Nickelback level hate, makes me sad.    I guess all that matters is I enjoy their music, and I'll try not hate on bands other people like that I loathe :)